All Comments on 'Flyover Country Ch. 03'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 99 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Impressive

The turns in this story just keep me reading. I have no idea where it's going to wind up, but I'm loving the trip. Five stars.

Bebop3Bebop3almost 5 years ago
Another Great Chapter

I mourn for the stories that could have been during the years you weren't writing. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What's it going to be?

Cancer? Accident? Does the wife die only to have a long convoluted effort at getting our MC back with his cheater of an ex-wife who has done a 180 on her outlook on infidelity and has "truly changed"? Or is he going to find the hot roommates again and end up in a happily ever after menage-a-trois. Or maybe wife number 2 does live but cheats on him too! Gasp! Find out next time on Dragonball... Flyover Country!

I feel cheated though. I like to read some hot sex between the mc and the woman he ends up with. What can I say. I'm a romantic. And I feel like we didn't get that in this chapter. Or at least, not anything compared to the last one with the Cheyenne princess and her blonde sidekick. That first cunni scene itself had me stroking ropes. It truly is amazing to have that much control over a woman but Ive been told it's equally intoxicating when they get to have the same control with you in their mouths.

Good chapter anyway. Poor bear. Hope you end it this with a cliche.

Also, Fool Me Once is probably my favourite story on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What's it going to be part 2

I meant to say without a cliche there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sorry but I found the story disappointing

I gather the author is one of this category's legends so my comment will probably be unpopular but I'm entitled to my opinion same as everyone else on this site.

The story was okay, but not memorable. It dragged in places and I found myself skimming rather than reading and I don't think Loving Wives was the correct category for it. It would have been better suited to Novellas or Romance.

Editing left something to be desired but it is an amateur site so I guess that's to be expected.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Single engine

Think you mean he flysheet the single engined DHC Beaver....and it's so nice to see you back!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
glad you are back

excellent story cant wait until chapter 4 really needed some new stories 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

This man goes for a simple life, but the most complicated women. Thanks for this good story. But I hope heartache isn't near.

HcopHcopalmost 5 years ago
Thank you...

You sir, are a legend in this site and justifiably so...

Bebop3Bebop3almost 5 years ago
Anony

"Long winded, this could have been cut in half and a GOOD editor would help, maybe you should get one!"

Have you considered getting help with your obsessions? There are a number of mental health professionals that will work on a sliding scale if finances are the issue.

You may also want to consider posting under the nom de plume you use when posting stories instead of as anonymous. It's sort of transparent.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2almost 5 years ago
so far so good

keep going

i m loving it so far

5* 100 hard ons and a tingling in my cahoonas

HighpikeHighpikealmost 5 years ago
Awesome

Quite simply an awesome narrative with brilliant characters, thank you.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 5 years ago
This story is a lot of fun.

Aside from a couple PAXIFICA comments, this story has been very well received. Longhorn__07 is a "favourite" of us all. Thanks for the story and all of the hard work it required, all for our entertainment.

I can't wait to read the stories from Q's August event. Longhorn and Q posting on the same day and the same theme? That is huge.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great to have you back!

I especially enjoyed this sentence:

No one paid me any particular attention, but they didn't pay me any attention very politely.

nickbgbnickbgbalmost 5 years ago
Great to see you back on Lit…

I’m another big fan of Fool Me Once; If any new members haven’t read that classic, they should put it at the top of their to-read list.

While your hint suggests some troubled waters ahead for the protagonist in the story, I’d rather that it wasn’t another case of infidelity. Just doesn’t seem to fit right with Sharon’s character for me

But hey, you are the skilled storyteller. Looking forward to the final part.

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 5 years ago
1 and 2 outstanding. 3 not so much

I'm hooked on the story but have to admit I got a littled bored with all the Jeremiah Johnson stuff in chapter 3. And the cliches seem to be rearing their ugly heads: the aw shucks hero who slays the beast, winning the beautiful heiress and charming her gruff but heart of gold dad and her wise mom.

Can our hero author save the day...er...story at the last possible moment??? Stay tuned for Chapter 4!

fred324afred324aalmost 5 years ago
what aircraft in Alaska doesn't have an EPIRB?

Seems like you'd have an EPIRB as the first item on your emergency kit. Oh, literary device!

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 5 years ago
You lost me here...

We have now been through three chapters and our hero has led a life that most will never even dream about. I have felt sorry for Matt and I have been upset with Matt, yet he is so far out there on the unbelievable chart.

I don't claim to be an expert but if ten people showed up on a river bank out of the woods after four months it would have been plastered all over the news. The company Matt worked for would have been notified and they if no one else would have milked it about the abilities of their pilots.

I under stand chapter four might hit the site before my comment if you drop the line that she cheats you will ruin what could have been a half way decent story.

stev2244stev2244almost 5 years ago

Great story and I'm looking forward to read the last part.

abitshyoneabitshyonealmost 5 years ago
this is becoming,,,,,,,,,,,,

a bloody great story,,, im realy enjoying it, this chap goes from bad to good to great and now looks like hes gonna be dumped in the smelly stuff again, great story, great writing, thanks for sharing, looking forward to the next,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
VFR

let me say, I'm legally blind which means I can't see the E on the eye chart and yet I knew VFR stands for 'fisual flight rules' and not visual flight reference. I'm surprised 'fred324a' didn't call you on that as well as the EPIRB in his comment. Maybe someone else caught it but I didn't go looking backward that far. I only had to type VFR into a search engine and confirmed what I sur of, man check your facts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
No thx

There is a certain sub genre of story on this site where the author sets up a conflict and villain, then essentially abandons them after one act and spends the next 2 to 5 chapters meandering through “Happily ever after.“ Basically, the hook that drew me in to the story turns out to be merely a prelude. It always disappoints me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Five Stars, But...

Five stars, but I'm worried about the way you left this.

Life isn't a fairy tale, so a few bumps in the road would be understandable, but if she suffers some tragedy, or an old boyfriend surfaces, or Mercedes and Steph return, or, God forbid, Faye returns, it's going to leave a bad taste in my mouth!

I hope my fears are for naught.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
406 MHz ELT

If you flip on the switch on the 406MHz Emergency Locator Transmitter in the rear of your Otter, the satellites will be listening.

wet4hotstorywet4hotstoryalmost 5 years ago
From cheating to fling to romance to cheating?

Still undecided on whole thing because not sure where this is going. If it goes back to a cheating story (like I suspect it is going), I will be disappointed. Love a good romance as much as the next woman, but this got a little too wordy for me. Honestly, I think it could've been cut down a bit and just as effective. Each part has been unique but still fit together as one narrative, so this definitely is impressive writing either way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Aircraft Retrieval

I am curious as to how they would retrieve a very valuable aircraft.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwinealmost 5 years ago
GREAT

My hubby told me I would love your writing he was so right thanks for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
No knowledge of aviation

Almost nothing in regards to the aviation events was correct. Pilots everywhere are laughing at your lack of understanding.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 5 years ago
A regular parade of the hits!

Sweetness just keeps coming. Very nice chapter 3, and still one more. This is one story that I hate to see end. Sadness, but there is always the next!

Can't wait for August!

kimi1990kimi1990almost 5 years ago
Not only is your aviation wrong

My God, man! The usage of your silverware is totally bogus. Your salad fork is, as everyone knows, on the extreme left, next to the napkin, and it is your soup spoon on the extreme right, not your teaspoon. The red wine glass is in the middle, not the white. Diners everywhere are agog at the barbarity of this mix-up.

My appetite is completely upset, not to mention that my fear of flying has been increased to a near paranoia. It is impossible to enjoy a story after these huge details are confused. I think I'll just have to go read some murder-porn, and recover.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamorealmost 5 years ago
I have to agree with the annony pilot

Going 90 degrees out while flying VFR does not happen if you are competent

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamorealmost 5 years ago
VFR

Visual Flight Rules

You know the ground and fly the expected route over the expected route.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Intrigue With The Last Line

I always made it a rule to never say I love you for the first time to a woman during sex. Another good rule should be to not marry a woman (or ask a woman to marry you) a month into knowing her when you are fighting for survival. It's too emotional of a time period. When reading the line that they had their second baby I thought "well, this one worked out, so all is good!" Then came the last line of the story, so "revert to rule one."

It's inexcusable that he didn't have a satellite phone. They're so cheap now that I take two (one for me and my wife) on all our road trips and travels. Not when we're traveling through someplace like Alaska, but just to be on the safe side driving between major cities where cell phones don't work.

Also, why doesn't the plane have a beacon or tracker? I guess if he had a satellite phone and/or the plane had a beacon we wouldn't have this chapter, but there should be at least a small explanation (excuse) of why he doesn't have one, the tour company didn't supply him with one, or that one of the couples knowing they will be in wilderness (even if guided) didn't have one. And I would think the satellite beacon would work separately from the plane's electronics. I would assume the tour company would be especially mindful of the need for both flying in Alaska.

Still a fun adventure. Intrigue with the last line of the story. For some reason the relationship, attraction, and love connection with Mercedes leaped off the pages for me. Not so much with this one. Will be interesting if there is cheating again by his new wife, if he will take it harder this time around because of the babies involved, he is now older (so less time to recover from major life changes), it's the second time around, etc. That last line makes me anxiously await the coming chapter.

WvrjjrWvrjjralmost 5 years ago
Very good read!

As with others, I hope it does not go back to a cheating wife story. Especially with so many other rich points to establish and expand upon.

OPrimeOPrimealmost 5 years ago
Okay...

Wasn't sure where is was going, could have lost most of Chapter 2.

The wilderness trek was interesting, but there were a couple of things. The sun is up for a long time in the summer. Grizzlies are very hard to kill. Even dead they will kill you before they stop moving. In Alaska during the summer bugs are an issue. Four month in the bush is a long time.

With over 5000 hrs in the air there were some things a little off with the flight description but it worked. You did get it right, pilots get certificates, radios get a license.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well, given the usual..

run of drivel in LW, this is a "5". Still, the story veers between being a taunt, interesting tale and mawkishly overwritten. This needed to be tightened. The technical errors are unimportant. Perhaps TL is just shaking off the "ring rust" with this one. I'm expecting the next one to be closer to his earlier standard.

halfday35halfday35almost 5 years ago
Laughingly

Gosh I wish I was an expert on aviation and radios rather than just someone enjoying a fictional story. Thanks for your story really enjoying it

sailhikersailhikeralmost 5 years ago
back country credibility

great story and characters...but NO bush pilot carrying passengers would be without a couple of mechanical compasses, standalone handheld GPS, topo grid tyvec maps, a sat phone, solar pocket charger at the minimum! Every smartphone I've had since 2010 has worked amazingly well as a handheld walking GPS with any of several free navigation apps. My dedicated GPS also has a FRS/GMRS WT radio built in and I've been able to get duplex vox comms while backpacking from ridgelines in the Tetons at 10Kft to our rafting crew on the Snake River 15miles away down in the valley. A bit more research would really enhance the credibility of this good tale!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
aww hell

just give the poor man his happy ending!

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 5 years ago
I'm still wondering

what happened to the money from the sale of the farm, and the significance of moving it right away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow

Ioved this chapter.

For God's sake dont screw this up with them splitting.

And she better not cheat

It's actually perfect to end it right now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Quite Interesting

Interesting but one important question, did they recover the plane?

A well-written story and chapter 3 of Matt's life. We can only do a maximum of 4 anyway.

T.T.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great Story

I can't wait for part 4!

Boyd Percy

779117psr779117psralmost 5 years ago
Don't you dare...

I'm not going to be happy if she cheats. Don't make me wish this was the last chapter.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Comments

@wet4hotstory Re: "From cheating to fling to romance to cheating?" - Where do you see cheating? There was not exclusivity between him and Mercedes and/or Steph.

@Anonymous Re: "Aircraft Retrieval" - Since it's only out of fuel, all they need to do is fly up some fuel and a pilot and lead him home.

Come on guys, I can nitpick with the best (worst?) of them, but so the author isn't an expert in bush piloting or back-country survival. 99.9% of the readers will never know the difference. It's like the TV/movie viewers who complain that the actor playing the violin doesn't have his/her fingers placed correctly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
odds are she get sick

n/t

mtnhiker58mtnhiker58almost 5 years ago
A little too off technically but a good narrative from a good author

All planes since 1973 and specifically passenger capable planes carry an independent emergency locator transmitter (elt) that is automatically activated on crash or can be manually activated from the cockpit. As the Air Force says: takes the search out of search and rescue.

Most time frames for declaring death by abandonment are 7 years absent special circumstances like 9/11 or known aircraft crashes.

Many searches specifically for something as obvious as an intact plane can be commissioned with $$ using any of multiple satellite companies like google earth and others.

I thought the scene with the loss of direction was a precursor to a twilight zone misdirection through space and time. Just too convenient and low probability given the type of plane and redundant systems.

Hope this wasn’t a one off chapter leading nowhere with his wife dying magically. Don’t want Bobby Ewing coming out of the shower again.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 5 years ago

Loved this chapter and story so far as long as he gets his happy ending with Sharon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What about an ELT?

Loved this chapter, as I loved the whole story.

Aren't ELT's mandatory equipment on all aircraft?

bruce22bruce22almost 5 years ago
Nicely presented tale

For me this would have made a fine ending for beautiful romance. Now the end of this

chapter leaves me with fear and trembling for the future.

AmunRa218AmunRa218almost 5 years ago
Just A Few Observations / Comments

Guess he didn't do much of a cross check of the whiskey compass as a back up while flying. Bush pilots live and die by that compass. Didn't you say Matt worked as a mechanic. A & P Certified? After landing he would have at least popped the cowling to have a look. Others have mentioned the ELT. Why didn't he manually activate it? All the other survival gear discussion that should have been carried is overkill. LOL OK. Enough said, otherwise it wouldn't have been much of a chapter.

So where is this airplane? Since nobody brought it back, I'm ready to head to Alaska to claim salvage rights. LOLOL Just kidding. Looking forward to Ch. 04. Good to see you posting again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
what happens

When his ex or his former lovers meet with his current wife?

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 5 years ago
Great story...

Yeah, okay folks, we get it. Longhorn doesn't know everything about flying bush planes and all the possible safety equipment available. Gotta admit though, some of the comments listed equipment I'm not positive the U.S.Navy would have available on our aircraft carriers. C'mon people; it's a story - and a durn good one at that.

I will say that even the armchair quarterbacks have been fairly polite in their comments, which, to me at least, indicates they're enjoying this tale, even with it's alleged technical imperfections.

So, well done Longhorn. This story reminds me more than a little of Jack London's writing, and that's high praise indeed. Thanks for posting. Full marks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Movie!

Why not make this a movie? It’s akin to “It happened one night”

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Technology has left this type of story behind, but aside from that, there is too much of the gee whiz ah shucks ma'am, overly polite affectations combined with the hootin' and a hollerin' YAHOO! and step on it. Also, too long by half.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just too dumb and contrived to be interesting.

Reads like a cartoon trying to be a novel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This part 3 worked well.

This was your best chapter, now the finish. This marriage seems rock solid .but you words at the end echoes something else.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
details

Good to see you writing again. I really enjoy your stories.

As with your other outdoor adventures the user has to overlook certain details which just aren't right.

1) As noted previously, VFR is Visual Flight Rules. Basically have to stay out of clouds and be able to see the ground.

2) Caribou is the name used in North America for the species called Reindeer in Eurasia.

3) The Otter has a standby magnetic compass totally separate from the planes electrical system. A good pilot always cross-references the standby with the other gauges.

4) A good pilot in northern latitudes always cross-references the gauges with the chart in his/her lap. By watching the lakes, rivers and other terrain go by they can verify that the expected course is the true course. The charts will give the magnetic declination (magnetic north vs. true north) to help in this verification.

5) There are a lot of mosquitoes in Alaska. Leaving a light weight tent behind is not an option.

6) In that part of Alaska/Canada, the only deer species are Caribou or Moose. Calling them a "deer" gives the impression they could be Whitetail or Mule Deer.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 5 years ago
Loved it!

Five Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Embarrassing and unbelievable

Apart from all the technical mistakes, this is completely preposterous. I am surprised that they didn’t find an exposed vein of gold and then get rescued by Inuits and/or aliens. Just thoroughly ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"A Knight Without Armor In A Savage Land."

I had read through Chapter 2 a little while back and got interrupted so I had to start over again. Things were going so well until the last two lines... Welcome back from SA, I was afraid you'd died, moved to San Francisco and got cityfied or worse - moved to Ohio. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A$$ HOLES

all ways some A$$ hole wants to bad mouth a story. bet he's never written a thing in his sorry life !!!!!!!!!!!! I read for entertainment . found this first rate . second or third time reading & it won't be my last.

southernreb27southernreb27over 4 years ago
compass

I kind of wondered about a magnetic compass being in the plane . the closer you get to the north pole it would become for most part useless , but flying south west would have been a life saver .

southernreb27southernreb27about 4 years ago
CHAPTER 4

read CH 4 1 time & can't read it again . hits to close to home with the way my late wife passed.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 4 years ago
First rate story and writing...

5 stars, always 5 stars for Longhorn7. This is a great story, second or third time reading it. Thanks for posting.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago

Should have butchered the bear for meat and possibly the hide.

TrollTureTrollTurealmost 4 years ago
Why all those spoilers?

Lately it seems that some readers, thank you "southernreb27" - or NOT, feel it's their mission to inform the rest of us of what is going to happen in later chapters. I've seen this several times lately.

But WHY? I'm sorry about your wife passing, but please, let us read the stories ourselves, all the way to the end without spoilers. Please.

mordbrandmordbrandover 3 years ago
If you want a storybook ending

Don't bother with ch. 4.

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xover 3 years ago
Survival advice?

I remember the advice being "follow the stream in the target direction and follow the larger stream at each junction."

Real-world scouts et al., which is more generally the better plan? At least you don't spend all your energy climbing. Is there something peculiar about Alaska that invalidates the stream-plan?

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadover 3 years ago

He shot the bear six times, then shot him with a rifle, reloaded the other gun, shot him six more times... and somehow a bear (that is known to be able to outrun a horse), didn't have time to leap forward a couple of yards to put a scratch on him?

I must admit that still has me scratching my head, but if you get past it, the story is pretty good otherwise. I still give it a 5 star despite some of the head scratching moments because it was still a nice romance and fun story.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Still Enjoying The Ride

It's an excellent story and I don't see anything serious to complain about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Here's the killer for me.

All aircraft have a magnetic compass. Flying 101 says you should check the DG heading and compare it with the magnetic compass on a regular basis. If this chapter is based on your flying skills I ain't boarding !!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "No knowledge of aviation" - Just how many readers are going to have the knowledge of aviation to notice the mistakes?

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago
no picky, picky!

Great story, good characters. Now the really story begins. I'm sure the honeymoon is over.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Why

Why did he needs job when he got to Alaska?.What happened to all the money from the sale of the ranch and all its trappings?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

@ Anonymous

The magnetic declination in Alaska ranges from -20 to -50 degrees depending on location. If he doesn't know where he is, how does he know what the declination should be for comparing the two compasses?

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

So basically he married Paris Hilton!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'm with fergie and sbrooks - this is a story site, for those of us who enjoy reading. I'm sure there is a place for your OCD need to correct everyone - this isn't it unless you wish to write your own stories. Of course that would open you up to petty comments. Thank you Longhorn, love your work!

somewhere east of Omaha

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Wonderful story and to the anon wondering about compasses and declination, I don't believe he ever mentioned having a compass but he mad several references to the north star at night. There for declination on compass readings had no bearing on the navigation, duh!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hey folks have none of you ever heard of the concept of William's suspension of disbelief?

I used to be a pilot and I can tell you that he handled the controls that airplane pretty well with the correct procedures.

As for the navigation yeah that's a tough one but hill nobody notes by navigation anyways so what the hay!

A touching warm human story I just love the hell out of your stuff long horn

tarkabukktarkabukkabout 2 years ago

Great story…anxious for the next chapter, job well done.

Thank you so much for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Tanfastic! Great 5 star read!

Bill S.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed this part. Thanks for writing.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoalmost 2 years ago

Well this has become one hell of a story and one wild ride! I can't say it any better than Anonymous a few comments back : "A touching warm human story I just love the hell out of your stuff long horn" so I'll just say "Ditto!" Well, I will add that it's just the second of your stoties I've actually read and still have to finish the last section if this one, but that's enough to know you are a darn good story teller as well as a hell of a writer.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
How

How come,as they have been shagging for three months,she is only three weeks pregnant.? Why did he have to get a job in Alaska? What happened to all the money from the farm and its belongings?.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
How

How come she was only three weeks pregnant,when they have been shagging for months?.Why did he have to get a job in Alaska,what happened to all the money from the farm sale and its belongings?.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Good third part, not liking that last sentence, but it makes for a forth part I suppose, good descriptions and the character development is really good

muddman74muddman74about 1 year ago

I loved this chapter of the story. Sharon was such a strong, likeable character. But with the aircraft stuff when they got lost and before they landed, you have a few things to note. The biggest one for me is you using percentage flaps. When you apply your flaps for landing, all the planes I know of give the reading in degrees, not percentage. Thus, where you printed 15 % flaps, it should have been 15 degrees of flaps. The other thing in the aircraft is where you were saying about not even knowing their altitude. That would be correct if you are talking about a radar altimeter when they are having an electrical failure, but that old DH Otter would also have an altimeter that works off barometric pressure and doesn't need power except to maybe provide a light to see it in the dark. Also, while they are very far North and it wouldn't be very accurate due to proximity to magnetic North, the magnetic compass could have possibly have given them some indication that they were flying in the wrong direction. But other than that, great job and great story.

Ocker53Ocker5311 months ago

One of the best stories on literotica ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Breitling EMERGENCY watch may have a lifesaver in the circumstances described here. These watches are expensive but the emergency beacons would be lifesavers in many experiences. If I. Or my son were to take up adventuring I’d buy one.

This was a well thought out tale with a believable ending. After a year since I last read this I found it just as entertaining. Another 5 star vote.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A most excellent yarn.

Richard1940Richard19406 months ago

Still clocking up 5* and being undervalued

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

good fun story. very enjoyable. kudos to muddman74s critique. rk

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A trial of teamwork survival to fuze a matrimony of tested symbiosis. Foreshadowing troubled horizon?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Amazing story.

Did on facts for the flying! Well, most aircraft have a magnetic compass to guard against failed electronics. Other than that GREAT.

THE AUTHOR must shoot because that incident also on the money!!!

Also, the survival info was pretty accurate; save ditching the sleeping bag. Vital to keep that.

REALLY. REALLY liking this story!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One other thought. He would have had maps AND a SAT PHONE! Bloody dangerous up there without one.

Still, gotta have room to create the story!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A most excellent, well-spun yarn.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I really enjoyed it. Would a cell phone have a compass built into it? I know most have some sort of GPS map in them, as I was using mine to track some thunderstorms at my S-I-L weeding reception. I liked the "slaying of the dragon" (bear) story too. The elbowing to the ribs would get old real quick, and a spanking would be in order to defend it. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

So he sold the ranch to a oil company as well as everything else. Why would he need to get a job flying or anything else? What kind of idiot forgets the details of their own story. It's not even a book in length.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous