All Comments on 'Following the Wind'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
HeelGuy9800HeelGuy9800about 1 year ago

I loved the story and I love Mary. Try to stay young as long as you can. I wish my wife were like Mary. The old saying goes you are as old as you feel, I try not to feel my age but she sure acts hers.

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Loved this but not quite sure where they've ended up. Looks like it could be love but maybe just friends with benefits? Still 5⛤.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

The wind has blown me up against a bobwire fence, and I want to sit in the summer rain with my face tilted toward the sky until the tears have been washed away forever. You write so well, Ronde, too damn well.

outdoneoutdoneabout 1 year ago

Loved the story. My song is "Don't Worry Be Happy"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Man you write great stories! Can't wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very enjoyable story. I was a little confused about how her age and attending Woodstock could align but look a quick look at the start and you set it in 2009 which made it all make sense. Thank you.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

"Proud Mary" was almost a rondelay, but CCR always managed to mix it up enough. Miss those guys. Great story, as usual.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

Confession time: I stole that quote in my first comment about sitting in the summer rain from Aroslav, a much better writer that I could ever hope to aspire. Mea culpa.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just great, not an instant attraction between the two of them but a slow sensuous build-up to what promises to be a wonderful love affair. 5*

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Another great story!

5

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSEabout 1 year ago

Good! But would have been even better with a page or two to show a direction they are taking,

J6480J6480about 1 year ago

Usual high standard. Like it that you experiment with a range of plots. Keep it Mr Ronde, looking forward to the next edition

DazzyDDazzyDabout 1 year ago

That de wind is a great --- Garth Brooks song- I gave this a 5 rating.

The old joke about the 50 i year old married couple going on separate,vacations /

Each taking a younger partner along. They came home,The husband was telling hiswifehow great it was being with a younger woman …z. The wife tells hire to " do the math deal, ,anyone knowsthat 25will go into 50 more Tims than 50 will go into, 25!

Dd

Davester37Davester37about 1 year ago

You’ve created great characters and a sweet, interesting story. I like it! Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoabout 1 year ago

Another great story. 5 aga8n.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I am old enough to relate to that story quite well! Nicely written!

Comentarista82Comentarista8212 months ago

Really charming and sexy story! It didn't lean heavily on sex, nor even sex appeal, but just two people getting to know each other. How many just want to talk over a coffee anymore these days? Just on THAT level it deserves a 5.

Nothing wrong with a 59-year old woman, and it's obvious you drew Mary as a woman, one with a brain, one with a heart, and one that thought about what she wanted; that's the way it should be! Too many times, a story relies on how well-hung the guy is, or how tight the woman is, or how much both or either "put out," and this centered simply on story, talking and slow-rolling things. Well done!

I would say though that in your stories I've read, be aware this ending is much like "Tango Argentine," which while is lovely, can lead to depending on conclusions too much like some guitarists always build in certain licks to each song because they don't realize it. Keep that in mind and vary future offerings and conclusions in newer stories. 5

Peapod41Peapod413 months ago

Nice empathic yarn. Beautifully teased out characters, motivations an scenario. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is a marvelous story. The main characters are bursting with life, and I got to meet them as they revealed their back stories. Their present lives and future lives just flowed right along with who they were. Your writing style is not over the top, nor is it dull. The story is worthy of being made into a movie, but doing such would stretch the plot out with unneeded fluff in order to make it long enough. Keep it as a short story, as it's one to be proud of.

Richard1940Richard19403 months ago

Tremendous story - he should be so lucky, damn him. Thank you 5*.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 2 months ago

What a great story. It wasn't too saccharine and have them make a permanent connection, but they did stay comfortably connected. I have a friend who recently married a woman with streaks of purple in her hair. Turns out she was at Woodstock also and lived the free love life and isn't embarrassed to tell her current friends who are too square to even think of Woodstock and what that life meant. We're all a bit old now for even thinking about it, but Annette doesn't think that way and even though there's a touch of Alzheimer's to her now she still has the free spirit deep down inside. 4*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...