All Comments on 'Font of Fertility Ch. 24'

by BreakTheBar

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
apophasisapophasis4 months ago

Esmerelda might be right that magic cannot be learned by anyone, but she's probably wrong about it being impossible for someone to gain the ability to use magic. Since ascendence seems to run in families, there is likely to be a genetic component, and since the human genome project only completed in 2003, unless she's up to date on research into DNA and genetics, she's probably wrong. That being said, modifying the DNA in all ~30 trillion of a person's cells simultaneously would probably require a significant understanding of genetics including research into Ascended DNA (Jeremiah might need to ditch the English/creative writing degree and go for a microbiology one or at least double major), a lot of magic, and the use of multiple magic amplifiers.

Lindsey might have said she's not interested in learning magic, but that definitely feels like something Jeremiah should investigate because converting his harem into a group of Ascended would mean he wouldn't have to worry about them when he's not around.

Jeremiah might also want to work with Annalise to create a set of rings. 3 for Elven-kings, 7 for the Dwarf-lords, and 9 for Mortal Men, and One to rule them all. Imbue them with a spell that slows/stops aging, allows them to communicate telepathically with each other, share physical sensations, and to maybe even teleport to the Sanctum in an emergency. Lauren might have said she wants to wait until after college to get married, but there is nothing stopping from the harem getting engaged. Jeremiah could use his magic to change the laws prohibiting polygamy. Gemma, John, and Sabrina would definitely appreciate it.

docholliday0007docholliday00074 months ago

Great story keep up the great work can’t wait for the next chapter

SlofredSlofred4 months ago

"who knows what evil lurks in the mind of men.... The Shadow Do." Thank you for this story and the latest installment. 5 stars again.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I liked the LOTR power level comparison,unfortunately the way Jeremiah is going he isn't even Frodo. He is one of those small children at the battle of helms deep throwing rocks attempting to be useful.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Esmerelda turned out to be more human and reasonable than I expected for someone that’s centuries old and literally gains power through death.

I can’t wait to see where the story goes next!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Is it BreaktheBar, or Breakthefourthwall? Bottom of page 2 this chapter, and in ch23 with the reference to the possibly racist mentor character (Adama). That one was kind of funny, but this time the reference is kind of worrying. Is Bro doing OK? Is he having doubts about the story?

Also, can't say I'm not a little disappointed that this chapter is a bit... clean. He's done several truncated sex scenes, so I know he's capable of it, and I would have liked a little more detail about the first time he had all five girls in the same bed (Maybe revisit it as Ch 24.1 at some point? Do the event justice?)

Hopefully there will something *really* good once it's official with Jordan.

williedavewilliedave4 months ago

Dammit, it’s always too short.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Love this story. I look forward to see what Jerry will decide to do for himself. Please don't let something bad happen to Maya. At least, nothing that destroys her.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This is brilliant on so many levels. Thanks.

Please keep it coming. Selfishly I hope we don't have to wait so long for each installment. Thanks again.

FrenchTomcatFrenchTomcat4 months ago

I liked the meta comment on story telling a lot ;)

Great work as usual!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I've really enjoyed this story and I've read some of your other stories, and I prefer this one. I understand it takes a while to put the imagination to paper. It's been a few weeks between chapters this time. I usually don't start reading till 4-5 chapters are posted. I've gotten in to stories that never have a solid ending. It is great to have a strong ending as it is to have a strong start. I'm going to try the AMA Boyfriend again and see if I can get into the flow.

vgenvgen4 months ago

Very intriguing. I like the direction Jerry is being shown. He needs to use his powers for only himself and then figure out if he likes it and what to do next. Amazing story. I would love the chapters to come out fast but a good chapter is always better than a rushed one

meh42meh424 months ago

Entertaining story so far, looking forward to see where you take it. Excited to see what Jerry is going to do with his writing/storytelling in conjunction with his Seat responsabilities and or magic.

JodailyJodaily4 months ago

Sorry, only four stars this time. This story had such an awesome start, but I feel you have too many irons in the fire now and this work is suffering. Does seem short, and kind of generalized. Too long between chapters. Too little character development. Your work in general is so good, love to see you focus on your main stories and less on peripheral pap.

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknew4 months ago

Dammit, set up and cock teased by Literotica! Here I am happily reading page three, looking for some more fun on page 4 but NO, page four is essentially blank... Haha, anyway BreakTheBar, this is a great story you are sharing with us here, please continue.

NewtScamanderNewtScamander4 months ago

Hahaha, ‘if this was a story, I’d start to think the author had no idea where it was going and should scrap the whole thing and start over.’ lol well if it is you got more talent than most authors Ive read. Great chapter extremely foreboding at the end. Thanks for sharing!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Love the story so far. Kind of disappointed by the fade to black in this chapter, but I understand we can't detail everything.

I know a muse can be fickle, but I hope this story will get more priority:).

Lions86Lions864 months ago

great chapter now to wait months for the next one lol. i will say as much as im enjoying this story its hard to stay engaged and remember what all has happened with such long waits for the next chapter. Still a great story though

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I really enjoy your writing. Thanks so much for sharing your stories. May I suggest that before publishing you search for the word "you," and confirm that you don't mean "I"? I expect it will be a quick way of finding that recurring POV error.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This continues to be the best story I have read in this genre, hands down. No one else has gone to the lengths you have to establish the relationships with the girls. It feels like the harem could happen in real life, sans the magical events, of course. Some people go their whole lives without being able to connect with their significant others like he has with 5 people now. I get that it has all happened super fast and this story is meant to be told from an inexperienced 18-year-old's perspective, but Jerry & the Girls function so well together. They are all incredibly mature for their age in some respects. It's so refreshing.

That being said, I've noticed some worrying trends. My most major concern is that this story is rapidly becoming serialized. By which I mean the chapters are becoming episodic in nature, and the flow of the plot is centering on the chapter itself rather than the context of the whole book. Cliffhangers at the end of every chapter are the #1 indicator of this. Long-form stories don't do this. It makes the plot focus on short-term, real-life time constraints that should be irrelevant. #2 The cast list at the start. People wanted it because they're too lazy to go back and refresh their memories. However, this is an even more obvious indicator that you're planning your writing around the real-life passage of time, which defeats the purpose of an escapist fantasy entirely. #3 is the overall reduction in descriptive detail and minor events as the story progresses. It feels like you're speeding up when this story has been all about enjoying the little things & giving everything the time it needs on our journey through the plot. The problem with serialized stories is that nearly all of them start out good and deteriorate into crap.

The meta reference in 23 where Jordan talks about liking harem stories was nice. It was only a slight fourth wall break, done for the novelty of it. But the blatant self-critcism you had Jerry think in this one, where you openly talk about how much of a mess this story is and how you should give up and start over, is just plain wrong. This story is not slow, bloated, or boring. Everything about it has been novel and interesting to me. In fact, I was dissappointed that you glossed over the off-screen orgy in this submission. You've been skipping a lot of sex scenes lately... FYI: It is not a sin to have mutiple sex scenes with the same participants in the same story. People who get bored of non-repetitive, well-written sex scenes in porn stories are reading too much porn.

Maybe you should stop for awhile. It's clear you don't want to write this right now. You just said as much. This is the closest I've gotten yet to a story that explores my deepest fetish with characters I care about, written by a competent author. You made it a central goal of the plot by making it a major part of Jerry's power, and you keep mentioning it every so often, promising it's going to happen. I can't wait to see how you tackle it once we finally get there.

I really want this story to be the best it possibly can. You need to take a break and figure out what's going to happen next. You've gotten us this far, and you can go much, much further. And don't take plot advice of your coom-brain fanbase. Have you read some of these comments? These people are nuts, myself included. We don't know what's best for this story - you do.

Thanks for everything so far, and good luck. Hopefully your next submission will take awhile, but be the best one yet.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

How many years r u going to write the chapter's there's no continuity.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Everyone else: "man this is great", "I wonder what he'll do about X situation", "the harem is great", etc.

Me: did he ever actually do those college applications? (I've been wondering this for like, six chapters now...)

...oh right, also, when is someone going to realize that the "siphoning runes" they had for the party are far more useful than for a one-time party? Test distance, plant'em around a brothel or something. If distance is a significant issue, try figuring out locally stored batteries to fill up and grab from. (Seriously, cover every third building in Vegas of "ill repute" and question why they'd ever need to have kids to power magic. (Also, would donations to a sperm bank count, or would that have to be in person?) And that's just to get started! With enough power from that, couldn't he just start covering major population areas? Maybe not many, but getting trickles from all 'activity' in any city with at least a few million people in it, has got to be more efficient than trying to compete with that many people by himself.)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

How many years r u going to write the chapter's, the readers r losing their essence.

staybakerstaybaker3 months ago

excellent stories, with a great theme... Please please keep it going, I need all the issues neatly resolved!

JkelleyJkelley3 months ago

this series was so good! your attention to detail is unmatched, everything down to the hair pulling technique?? racist scifi tropes in writing?? bahaha

can i request more magic usage in the intimacy scenes? worm holes / body mods / sense sharing you name it to even further differentiate tastes and intimate profiles of your huge and fleshed out cast

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story! Wonderfully fleshed out characters!

23129429231294293 months ago

I just caught up to the font of fertility chapter 24, love it. Can't wait for more. Thanks

skierx420skierx4203 months ago

One little wrinkle you can add, that you can bring into the story later. Any transaction for a vehicle that is payed for in cash the way it was done in the story that is over $10,000 is flagged by various agencies in the government, including the IRS. I worked as a used car salesman and that was a report that we had to do on occasion. So maybe a federal agent could show up, and cause a bit of an issue?

SandurSandur2 months ago

Over all this story is amazing and fantastic, but one tiny problem MC has no affinity towards magic and also really low intellect. I mean I get it people like stories in which a mediocre person ascends to great heights, but in my opinion MC should also be written as a person who can accomplish when he put his minds to. In this story actual research about magic is only done by Lindsey which is awesome, but it also hint to Jeremiah's incapability to understand magic, he should have affinity towards languages that are often associated with magic. All these things are missing I'm not saying he is potentially unintelligent but he still portrayed as a character who has given almost God like power he has no potential to use effectivelly - a little weak.

And whiny.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

You’ve hooked me on the plot 😂 wonderful story and characters. I agree that the main character feels a bit unintelligent, he should be experimenting far more. If he can cast a rune around a house to accumulate power, why hasn’t he tested those limits? A city block? A whole city? All of his territory, which encompasses North America? He knows he’s in danger and requires magical reserves to defend himself, but so far he’s prioritized so poorly. That said, I eagerly await updates!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I had the same thought as the previous comment about scaling up the rune concept over a larger territory. If you are concerned about giving him too much power too early, have him try the whole continent and find it will take too much power to implement it or have it be overwhelming to sense that much sexual energy all over the continent at once. So then have slowly scale up the size of the runes like the previous comment as his power increases. Another thing he can do is donate sperm to a fertility clinic. If Ndia could offer to store his sperm for after her current pregnancy, then storing it in a fertility clinic should work too. And then everyone wins.

RanthoronRanthoron14 days ago

Uh - Harry Houdini was a debunker, calling out charlatans to use slight-of-hand to convince people they were doing magic.

Arthor Conan Doyle was a true believer, he would better fit in Esmerelda's tale...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBreakTheBar@BreakTheBar
LATEST UPDATE: Oct 2023 Bonus News: I am nominated in FOUR categories for the 2022 Literotica awards. Please go check out the votes in the Forums! -- Vote for Cattie from AMA: The Boyfriend for Sexiest Female Character - https://forum.literotica.com/threads/the-2022-literoti...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES