All Comments on 'Fool Me Twice . . . .'

by Gumbo25

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I thought it was a 5* worthy effort. I have to say with the diversity of opinions in comments it’s easy to understand why the divorce rate is so high. Regardless of how weak or strong a man our MC is, it seems a bit tough to comprehend over ten years living in the basement. Of course after a period of time he had Theresa, so in a certain way he was cheating on his own Post-nup. Maybe, that wasn’t exactly spelled out.

When it comes to defining men, it seems, one readers feeling of a characters weakness is another’s strength. I can’t say for sure that I’d be unwilling to forgive after that many years in the same house. I’d certainly make sure I didn’t allow myself to wallow in self-pity for very long. The bit where she used the towel was realistic. 90% of couples who split for any reason having that one final sexual encounter. I did with wife #2 six months after it was over.

Luckily I thoroughly vetted wife #3 and we’re going into year 15 very happy. But I also think commenters who talk about quick divorces being better for the kids are expressing a personal opinion, and shouldn’t present it as “gospel.” Different strokes for different folks.

I dumped wife #1 when I found out she was having sex with her doctor in an exam room (chiropractor) and she bailed completely, leaving me to raise a 1 and 3 year old, on my own, while working 60 hrs/wk. Anyone wondering about speedy vs lengthy divorces should try pulling that off. The divorce is the least of your troubles. Looking back, I probably would have handled that different by getting my ducks in a row first.

Overall, great story. The ending fell a bit flat, but only because you telegraphed the eventual outcome. Not much can be done about that.

Cookingwithgas

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Bullshit

012Say012Sayabout 2 months ago

A 5 from me. I scanned a few comments.nThis was a very long story.nThe title tells you were it is going. Anyone who read it and didn’t like it need time management skills. Thanks for an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Longwinded to say the least. You could see the "surprises" from a mile away.

Why would they need to sell the perfect house? Wife gets that in a divorce and lives there rent free until the kids move out and then it's sold, while Pat lives in a 1 bed flat.

I also can't feel bad for Pat, he knew she was a party girl when they met so the breakdown of the marriage is on him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Oh so long winded, yes you warned us, but seriously you could have cut that down by half and made a better story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Just a flat no-btb tale that's not supporting the huge femdom-fetish-cuck propaganda in this Cucking Wives category. And since this is a very rare event, it deserves the full 5* rating anyway.

drbenchpress66drbenchpress66about 2 months ago

So did we ever find out how long she was actually fkin the guy? Cause I feel like I missed a shit ton of the story. Although I don’t actually think it would’ve made much difference, still though

lujon2019lujon2019about 2 months ago

the guy married a cheating slut, what did he expect?

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 2 months ago

Second read, same 5 stars.

An enjoyable story with pain near the beginning, near the end, and then joy for the two who had each lost a love of their lives but found new joy in their second marriage to each other.

Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

@ Anon from two posts below with the chiropractor wife. Your story actually reinforces the absurdity of "staying for the kids" even if you think it does the opposite. You had a woman so selfish, who couldn't even bother to co-parent and bailed on them completely. And you would trust THAT woman to be a proper mother for your kids until you could figure out when to dump her? Would your risk all the shit your kids might have to watch and experience when they were alone in house with her? Just because single parenting is hard?

"Staying for the kids" is always worse for them. And yes it's a gospel. Any professional in the field of child psychology would tell you the same.

xtc5xtc5about 2 months ago

Didn't need the last sentence, but I loved the story.

Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It happens, guys get the wild sluts pregnant then get stuck with them. It’s unfortunate but it happens and a lot of times the wild sluts who act like street whores are great girls but not wife material. She was a cheater when they were dating maybe more than he found out and clearly was fucking maybe more than the guy he caught her with and he fucked her when they were dating for sure even if it can’t be proven. I’d never had given in about inviting a guy or guys who I knew for sure had a history of fucking my future wife. Also wouldn’t have moved to become a big part of that groups lives and wouldn’t have my wife who I know had fucked at a minimum of one of them work with them all. That would be a strong no with a find a different place to work if that’s what you need . Aside from my opinion it’s a good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Mixed emotions on the ending but it was almost demanded. 5

Highway69_50Highway69_50about 2 months ago

Great story, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ & 👍👍.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I liked the story, I felt it was above most.

I am a Man, So, I know the function of the prostate.

What amazed me was this Man Patrick never had desires to completion

that resulted in his straying except once. This puts him nearly a Saint which I can't phantom.

Mia was maybe a serial cheater, then the post-NUP she never did so.

I find these facts hard to believe. Never the less the story is grade 5.

Maybe I can't read.

Chimo1961Chimo1961about 2 months ago

Whore logic, sleep around, lie to family, lie to friends. Screw whomever you want, be angry at hubby when he comments.

Then act surprised he wants. Nothing more from your diseased ass. Modern women’s love is only an act, they just test drive wallets and cocks until they find a sucker to pay for their whore style

XluckyleeXluckyleeabout 2 months ago

This story feels real, like it could happen in real life. 5 stars from Xluckylee. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Very strong story. Well considered and I bought into the characters.

pugg6963pugg6963about 2 months ago

A long tale with a short ending.

leofric35leofric35about 2 months ago

Realistic in my view. Good to read with a good pace for the story. Keep up the excellent work. Thank you for writing.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 2 months ago

Yes, it a a good, maybe even great story. But he never checked the kIds' DNA. It would have been the first thing I would have done with how his mind and suspicions were running. But still, not bad. 7 stars, but as I've said before, the prick is still walking around upright. And In California, for Christ's sake. More, please, sir. The Bear greatly approves.

The BEAR

MbgdallasMbgdallasabout 2 months ago

Good story but Patrick was a real ass. Stupid too. He cut his own nose off to spite his face.

Mia made a mistake. He wouldn’t even consider trying a reconciliation and then lead her on for years to only pull the rug out from under her.

Can’t like a little boy like that. His actions make me like Mia even though I don’t like what she did.

AllNigherAllNigherabout 2 months ago

I enjoyed it. Well written. somewhat realistic. Engaging.

I didn't get a good feel for how long the affair went on, though. And I always hate this idea of staying together for the kids, but not loving each other. This one was worst than others. He led her on, and she became true to him apparently. What a waste of both their lives, and just to give their children a broken home that didn't look broken from the outside. Teaching your kids to treat their spouse like a roommate you don't particularly like is a terrible thing to do to them...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good story. Someone might want to suggest lightly to @The Bear that there is a bit more to life than retribution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What strikes me about this story is the same ole same ole yited LWbtrope — protagonist has concerns/insecurities about wife’s commitment to fidelity and never communicates his concerns to prompt any serious introspection or dialogue with the wife. Just sits around with a bag of worry and waits until the worse happens. Stupefying gripe . A serious adult convicted to keep his family healthy would open his mouth and articulate his concerns rather than holding his tongue, thumb, and head up his ass until the eventual explosion occurs, which by that time the so-called aggrieved husband is, in my view, a cowardly accomplice to the train wreck.

Speak up. Step up, or live your nightmare. These fund ass tropes are exhausting. No husband I know would sit back and wait for the train wreck without acting, forcefully. If you don’t have the leverage, gain it by confronting the problem head on before it’s a worse case scenario.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

@Bear. You’re about as deep a thinker as yer average 5th grader.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

True but sad... Its not revenge but life lessons to be not selfish or just sex

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I’m not sure how a prior anon would want someone to announce their concerns about fidelity without a gigantic fight. Seriously, even if you have doubts, you’re in essence accusing someone of potentially poor behavior based on prior behavior. And, by the way, these doubts may actually be baseless. So you’re essentially in a position to accuse a potentially innocent person of something that is, according to a majority of humans, is immoral. Better to trust — but verify.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Pretty average. The pov jumping towards the end was kind of annoying.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

More realistic ending. Mia did, after all, grow up and develop a conscience.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy23 days ago

I think your ending was more harsh than many BTB endings! Well done, good writing and characters created with with good plot and dialogue. Most importantly I was entertained. Good number of comments so I know a nerve was hit - well done indeed!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

danbo56danbo5622 days ago

it was great I enjoyed it thoroughly plenty of content the story moved on at a nice pace wife got what she deserved waiting on your next story Gumbo

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous