All Comments on 'Fool Me Twice . . . .'

by Gumbo25

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments
AardieAardieabout 1 month ago

Many people suffer for years for the kids. At least he was able to hook up eventually, but it doesn't seem like she did. There was nothing said about how the kids took it since they had apparently been clueless all along.

JonnyRegJonnyRegabout 1 month ago

Story really doesn't have much energy. It just kind of slowly deflates.

korba76korba76about 1 month ago

Good story!

Mitch wanted a thorough ass whipping…

Bitch wanted a longer more painful loss…

Thank you!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 month ago

Well written story. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

truthandjustice99truthandjustice99about 1 month ago

Court would review clearly obfuscated prenup and throw it out chargeing cheating husband with tricking his wife court awards herchildren house and 70% of funds Husband throws chair at judge goes to priosn for 5 years

5 years later with no money no home children refuse to talk to him he committs suicide

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 1 month ago

Shifting POV frequently upsets me. Spending only a couple of paragraphs before switching back is abominable.

.

I don't think you needed her POV at all.

servant111servant111about 1 month ago

Great story.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It doesn't pay to lie and cheat. Revenge can also be a downer for at least 18 years. Then when reality comes into play the cheater suffers the most. A winded version of an old tune.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 1 month ago

It was a solid 4* even a 5 * story until the clichéd insta replacement female in Theresa.

Shame as it did spoil the story.

3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Staying together for the children is stupid. I grew up in a family where my mom screamed at my dad for things she thought he did, but hadn’t actually done. I would have been better off raised just by him, and not been around my nutjob mom!

/

He was a fool for dating her the second time. He was a fool for marrying her without a prenup. He was a fool for marrying a known slut without a plan to make her disappear if she returned to being a slut.

/

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

No meat, no fish, just an half flat BTB. But since this belongs to the very few 1% of the LW tales that are not following the huge bombing femdom-fetish-cuck propaganda, it's a 5 full stars anyway.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 1 month ago

Insecurity is frequently listed as the top reason for infidelity. So, the formerly fat girl suddenly being hit on by the attractive popular guy sort of fits right into that. I mean, she did it once with Blake already so that was a bit on the nose foreshadowing - it's just weird that she didn't learn her lesson after that.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 month ago

It was okay, but one could easily skip ahead and really not miss much. I think you telegraphed the plot far too much and foreshadowed far too early, and often

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Her disrepwxt thing while cheating killed her chances completely. I knew it right away when she insisted and demanded they include her lover at their wedding as a guest. That was all the foreshadowing toy nwwd to know she'd make a terrible wife.

He should have called her bluff and canceled the wedding. Because it doesn't matter at that point how angry she gets. If she can't respect her man's pride, then she's not worth the hassle of marriage.

JensensloverJensensloverabout 1 month ago

YAWN inducing.

"I will spare the readers my many back and forth regarding my decision, but I decided we should stay together for many reasons including the welfare of the baby. My child to be."

Should have already spared us the majority if what was before the about quote.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A 3 page story dragged into seven. No pathos.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

No, she was a terrible wife.

dob092095dob092095about 1 month ago

No punishment for Mitch. But for Mia? Regret and loneliness, long and slow. Very painful for her.

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 1 month ago

Well done! My only 'opportunity missed' was that Teresa's interaction with him in the last three pages should have been included without going into details. It was clear from the point when his friend told him about his terminal cancer that the MC would be with her in the end. Still, a 4.5+ story - I wish the site would broaden the ratings scale.

phill1cphill1cabout 1 month ago

In the end, he kind of used her. Not something a good person does.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 1 month ago

I can't imagine the stress of living for a decade or more under the stipulations of that post-nuptial agreement. There may be an urge to punish the offending wife, but her stress levels would be just as bad or worse and that can't make for a healthy environment for anyone in the family.

He is following the rules and biding his time, in order to finish serving a prison sentence at a fixed release date. His wife is following the rules in order to repair her marriage, not understanding that her punishment has just been delayed. A marriage purgatory before you go up or down the ladder to your final fate.

The idea of living like that may work in abstract theory, but finding a couple that could live up to those rules, for that long, would be a difficult task. The majority of couple would descend into bickering and fighting within a few weeks or months.

I think it works in context with this story and the understandable goal of not harming the children's development, but have my doubts how well it would work in real life.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 month ago

Really enjoyed the detailed development of the characters and their relationship dynamics. It seemed early on Pat had developed quite an investment portfolio prior to marrying Mia. Given the character you created, I would have thought he'd have a prenup for the finances, given his reservations. While I saw through it, great job masking Mitch while throwing Blake in from of us repeatedly. Particularly well played was when Lisa was pregnant in the one scene. 4.8*

looking4itlooking4itabout 1 month ago

Seven pages and that was your end???

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 month ago

Shotgun weddings seldom lead to long-term marriages, but I guess you owe it to the kid to try at least. Being matched with someone who was cavalier about sexual partners guaranteed his future unhappiness.

JusteenKJusteenKabout 1 month ago

You signposted that with aplomb. As a result it was a trifle dull.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWantedabout 1 month ago

The kids, DNA, DNA, DNA!

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitabout 1 month ago

An enjoyable read, even if it was somewhat unrealistic. This IS fiction, however so it worked.

TajfaTajfaabout 1 month ago

This was very well written but the ending seemed rushed. Why didn't he confront her when his suspicions were aroused? He never really got an answer as to why she cheated as it seems she did love him. 4 stars

Bri29Bri29about 1 month ago

Cracking story 👍5🌟

demanderdemanderabout 1 month ago

All those years couldn't have gone by without her fucking around. D

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfabout 1 month ago

Awesome story. Not like the crappy one pagers we’ve been seeing in LW for a while. Great job. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A great tale, a nice slow simmer with some terrific angst. 5 stars.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63about 1 month ago

Thank goodness this was not a RAAC. She cheated twice and used the same lame excuse. The second time went on much too long for any forgiveness. I am glad Patrick came out happy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The husband in this story is the biggest dummy I've ever read about. The signs were obvious and rather than confront her it just droned on. Also, the staying together in the same house is a horrible idea. They should have moved on. Wasn't the worst, but wasn't my favorite either.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Way too long, constipated with random irrelevant background and side plots. He married a somewhat promiscuous vapid fuck bunny, and he's surprised she acts true to her character? You didn't even have the dumb shit get a DNA test when the bitch first claimed it was his kid. Hell, we still don't know.

\

So this one is easy; no Martian Slut Ray needed. This whore came pre-slutted. He got what he married, so he totally deserved what he got. Serves him right. And that plot took 8 pages? The editing is weak with this one. Keep trying. Great plot idea, but a laborious and tedious execution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I usually prefer stories under 10,000 words, because of my own time constraints. And this writer usually prefers writing much longer stories. This story held my interest from start to finish. I will hold this author in reserve for the next long flight I am forced to endure. Thank you, Gumbo25 for a great read. 5+

Poppi123

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 month ago

Everything was great all except the ending.

The word 'whimper' kept popping up.

Still thank u @Gumbo

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

What you are not hearing is all the guys she screwed at work during all those late hours. The guy with his girlfriend in the office was a setup. They were all screwing her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

That fell flat. Something was missing. Not sure what.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

No matter what anyone will say [highly unlikely this will see the light of day] That type of action you describe between husband and wife following infidelity, is so cruel it borders on pathological abuse, actually it is. Now regardless of that, if you think children are unaware of the interaction between their parents you are delusional, they are attuned to the household and the interactions between all players. A real man would bar up terminate the marriage regardless of the financial impact and ensure he still provide for his children, even if the cheating ex [now termed lying skank slut bitch whore] gained some benefit. So rant over, oh by the way your Pat is a patsy cuck, excuses offered are not accepted.

bacchant2bacchant2about 1 month ago

Nicely written but didnt quite work for me, there had to be a very long time between the infidelity and when the postnuptial kicked in. I feel the mc lost credibility when he allowd Mia to work with a known player, then he had lots of opportunity to say he would divorce her her if she played away. He failed badly as a man in that regard so it felt harsh at the end.

offkilter123offkilter123about 1 month ago

he sTaYeD fOr tHe KiDs

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Good story.

I think this scenario happens all too often.

People stay together for years because of kids. Sometimes more "together" and sometimes more like this. In the same house but separate.

Kids leave. Or get close to leaving and then divorce.

Living a day-to-day day life with someone that you dislike. Sometimes carrying emotions around such as hate and distrust and resentment? Living like this is like your own personal hell. It's daily life being reminded of how your most significant and most important relationship ended up a complete failure. You stare at this person every day and get a full dose of it. It sucks.

For most people it really is a traumatic process. Damaging. Like the worst kind of prison sentence.

So what described here? A decade or so of living this way? Soul crushing in my opinion for this wife. Especially since she endured it. And then as soon as kids left? Without much more thought he drops the boom on her.

So...for the emotionally crippled that abound on this website? Who maintain that she should have been hurt more?

A couple punches to the face would heal in a few months. The damage he did to her in this story? Will keep her miserable until her dying day.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 month ago

5 stars - I enjoyed this story right from the first paragraph. I know this is just a fantasy story, but I liked the relatively happy ending. Probably the most surprising scene was when Pat tried to catch his wife having sex with Langley on his desk at work, and it ended up totally wrong.

Both the ASSHOLE Mitch and the SLUT Mia ended up getting exactly what they deserved.

At least the children ended up being the focus of the estranged couple, and they stayed on course until the last one left for college. I was happy to see a post-nupt agreement made after the affair was finally discovered.

I really appreciated the total lack of violence.

Good job, and please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

"No idea how to end it after all this work, so I'll just duct tape some random words onto the end and call it finished. Very disappointed in the ending. A lot of time invested, for no payoff.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 1 month ago

I just said that I loved her and loved our family. There was a general upbeat feel within our home that trickled to the children too. On the times we were all present for dinner together the conversation was happy and animated.

at that point im guessing he forgot that she was lying to him.

Tomh1966Tomh1966about 1 month ago

Winner. Well written. I'm perfectly content with revenge being a life well lived. 5!

Checking your other stuff out.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 1 month ago

this squashed any feeling i had for the MC, ruined the story for me. owell i was invested until that guess i'll see how it ends

Mia still occasionally had late nights, unexplained absences, and slightly illogical answers for certain questions. My new mode was just to accept and trust her no matter how odd her explanations became.

patilliepatillieabout 1 month ago

Nice job Gumbo, well done. Enjoyed the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A tortuously long journey to a fairly predictable conclusion. I don't mind long stories provided their length is merited but in this case it simply wasn't. This could comfortably have been wrapped up in three pages without detriment to the story. It was a decent read, though.

JR

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Absolute Goon of an MC got what he deserved I'm glad she cheated on him, stupid fuck should have never given her a second glance after the first time of her running around on him. When someone shows you who they are believe them.

cyendreycyendreyabout 1 month ago

Great story writing, even with fatal flaws in the story concept - IMO. I think the premise (delusion) of Patrick and Mia that the kids wouldn’t notice the post affair/agreement changes, is just absurd. Kids notice everything which is why that not one of the children ever asking a question is not believable. The story works because the kids / family barely make a blip in either of the parent’s POV monologues even though they are the foundation rationale for this story.

The story works because the writing is good and the shifts in character perspective flow well. That doesn’t make it particularly believable as something that could actually happen. The other fatal flaw is Mia herself. She couldn’t maintain fidelity even after the lesson of their first breakup. Now caught in a long term affair, she can seemingly remain celibate/monogamous for over a decade (if we believe the inference in her sections of the story POV)?

What seems sad is it is Mia, in the end, that seems unable to move on, despite doing all she did to destroy the family.

IMO, if this were “reaL”, Patrick and Mia both are deluding themselves about their “agreement” not affecting the children and they can probably thank Mia’s mother for dealing with the questions and problems that undoubtedly did arise. The other real world consequences are that this post nuptial arrangement did them great emotional harm, “freezing” the relationship in the post affair state. At a minimum they should have had family if not couples counseling to address the situation and maybe even let them reconcile or both side understand their could be no reconciliation. Instead both live in a circumstance where neither of them have congruent perceptions or expectations.

The relationship with Theresa is likely all that prevented Patrick from being the mirror image of Mia in the end (or worse). As it stands, any empathy he had with Mia or any awareness of the damage the post affair agreement did to them both seems completely beyond his ken, perhaps willfully so.

Short answer - great writing do keep that up (which is why I gave it four stars). The story premise itself, not so much. Not as bad as the premise behind GA’s “February Sucks”, but definitely shares a neighborhood.

Busman19639Busman19639about 1 month ago

A great story! Mia was shady from the start. I always wondered if their first born was actually Patrick’s. To bad Patrick spent to many years in a poor situation. That was his own fault. Maybe he should’ve gotten the divorce and picked up with Teresa a lot sooner.

BoxerR100BoxerR100about 1 month ago

I liked it. Well done. Please keep writing..

DazzyDDazzyDabout 1 month ago

I think fondly of Joe fridays words,,,…Just the facts mam! What a great read!

No story is perfect…like gos in the car, or like a pre nuptial adamantly setting out punishment for sexual improprieties…. But life goes on. 5 stars

6King6Kingabout 1 month ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Very sad.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 1 month ago

Good well built story,. Thanks for your writing.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 1 month ago

still about half way through it. It reads longer than it's word count... I believe that's a good thing because I'm enjoying it.

jblogsjblogsabout 1 month ago

Great story - loved it!

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 1 month ago

largely that was an excellent story. living together for the kids in a loveless marriage was tough to read as that's not necessarily a great environment for kids to grow up in for anyone. Tends to feel like they wasted years of their life waiting to restart their life.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 1 month ago

I liked it. Pat telling Mia he only married her out of obligation was cold and maybe a stretch. He got back together with her, knowing it was a committed relationship. My impression was that he wouldn’t have married her at that point, but maybe later. It struck me as odd, that Mia stayed celibate many years. She’d already done the damage, clearly had a healthy sexual appetite, but had no one-offs?

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedabout 1 month ago

In a "today" setting this wouldn't have worked. However, before DNA testing became the easy solution to answering many questions, a lot of men were too trusting of soon to be spouses who reported failure of birth control to a shocked "daddy". It felt like Mia just waited until the opportunity to cheat with her first child's real daddy then took the opportunity. The main character made a bad choice all along with Mia but did what men do more often than they get credit for: he made the best of it for kids that he accepted as his. Marrying a female who had her own reasons for waiting for the MC to become available to fulfill her own deceased husband's suggestion isn't that big a stretch. This is a solid 4 for anyone who has gotten tired of the declining quality of most stories in this category.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Well-written, but I also felt that the story moved ab it slowly and so went on for 2-3 pages too long.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 1 month ago

im very surprised she didnt flip out and got some type of revenge for stringing her along like that. that why u divorce and make a clean break. the MC is very lucky mia was still sane. yes i understand she didnt read the agreement. the MC should have made it crystal clear though and he didnt. that would have pissed me off even though i was the one that fucked it up. but im not mia. a long time without sex. for a good looking female must have been extremely hard. the more i think about it that whole thing was the MCs fault. a lesson for yall u dont need to be married to raise a child/children

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The MC is a foolish man, and the visissitudes of foolishness are not particularly interesting or entertaining. There was nothing in Mia's explanation of her tryst with Langley that excused her sluttery. She showed Patrick who she was, but he chose not to believe her. He then built a life with her based on his denial of her true nature. Inevitably, she once again showed him who he had married. This time he chose to believe her, but by that point it took years to unravel his life from hers. Sad, but not surprising.

It is also not surprising that the biography of a fool is not an interesting or entertaining story line. Nonetheless, Gumbo filled nearly seven full pages with it. That, undoubtedly, required determination and talent. Those, especially in Gumbo's hands, are quite valuable and should be used on better projects.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

"You may ask, 'Why would you marry her if you don't completely trust her?'

Actually, I was asking WHY would he start dating her again?... I mean he caught her cheating, she at first tried to lie about it.. why in the world would he go back go dating her knowing she's a lying cheating tramp?.. also, it's odd he didn't DNA test these children.. you can't trust anything that comes out of a lying cheater's mouth.. I would've got each kid tested when she told me she was pregnant... he seriously didn't see this coming?.. perhaps had he moved on with his life and not lowered his standards, he wouldn't of gotten her pregnant...the fact that she's used the same story/same lame excuses as she did the last time when she was caught.. tells me this would've been her go to story/excuse when he catch her gain.. had he given her a 3rd chance, she would've cheated again.. and assumed he would forgive her once again. This type of person isn't capable of changing.. if she was capable of changing, she wouldnt of did it again.. they broke up in college when she banged some guy.. why would she do it again married? She now knows the risk of that is losing him... .. she isn't capable of changing🙄. had he given her another chance she would've just found another guy, using the same lame bullshit logic & justification to betray him once gain. She would've eventually lost respect for him and feel powerful under the delusions she can do whatever the hell she pleased and he won't leave her.. that's what most cheaters do.. they get away with it once or twice, you have now set a precedent, they now believe you love them so much they can diarrhea all over you and the relationship and look the other way.. I had a delusional ex just like this woman.. he thought his dick was magic and I was petrified of losing him.. no sir/no ma'am, I was petrified of him bringing me home a disease with his dirty dick ass.. loved him? Yeah right, after the 2nd time catching him with some around the way slut, I barely liked him. Fuck loving him... "love" wasn't keeping his fick in his pants..it be the emotional mind fucks these cheaters try to play for me🙄.. I say all this to say, dude never should've started dating her again...she was an EX for a reason. He should've kept her an ex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A decent story. But why do all characters in these stories drink alcoholic beverages so much? I, and most of my family and friends, don't drink any whatsoever. It's just so strange to me that most writers think alcohol MUST BE involved within the story. I've seen many instances where people cheat and there's no alcohol involved at all. Nor drugs. Just pure stupidity and selfishness. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great story..Entertaining and riveting. I had a feeling early on that this marriage wasn't going to last. 5* (signed ML)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I hope you never need forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Don’t “stay together for the kids.” Kids are smart enough to know when their parents don’t love each other. It’s better for kids to be raised by divorced co-parents. You write that they never went on a family vacation that entire time, until the youngest were 18 and they went to Disneyland. That’s supposed to be maintaining normalcy?

I did like the red herring fake-out with Blake. That was an interesting wrinkle.

Lastly, “designated driver” does not mean “proceed to drink a few light beers” as Pat does multiple times in this story. It means, don’t drink, period.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 month ago

Another one of your great stories. When u pop up with a new one, l don’t care how long, l always read it

Thank you, 5/5

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 1 month ago

marriage no matter how they started are supposed to be for life. Its the change and choices we make that destroy them. She cheated and lied about everything at least twice. Me, I would have gotten a DNA test or in the early days a blood test. She had already proved she was trust worthy. He did the father thing but stuck to his guns so, I'm ok with basement being his office a person space. (****)`

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

What a shame it fizzled out to a silly ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Well written but that was a lot of pages for very little drama or satisfaction. Did she at least have to buy out his half of the house or did she simply get away with her cheating scott-free?

1Amazinasian1Amazinasianabout 1 month ago

belongs in the non-erotic section

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I get tired of reading the same tired, weak-kneed, milquetoast "man" characters in every one of these stories. He sees her with another dude and ignores her calls like he is a middle schooler. When she shows up, he goes passive-aggressive, which, on a man, reeks of weakness and immaturity. He lies and says he didn't get a chance to call her back. What a simpering pus*y! Be a High-Value man and let her know upfront. You don't have to go crazy or be nasty. Instead, act quietly, firmly, and confidently. Then, when Teresa saw her downtown on Clancey Street, he didn't have the interstitial fortitude to call her on her BS when she lied about her work. Instead, they get strong and tough when the ship slides beneath the waves. This was a better story than most of the "cheating wife drama" stories. He shuffled the deck cleverly. The last third of the story felt forced, and the changing characters was awkward. Still, a decent read: 4 stars. Now, write about a man with GUTS who's decisive!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Well written story, 4 stars.

If Patrick had divorced Mia and moved in with Teresa while the twins were still in high school, i would have give 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Just not believable after all the work sex that Mia is celebate for ten years except the one time with Patrick. She's a good looking woman, no way she pines for ten years. Could Patrick really pretend to stay married to coparent living in the same house and could Teresa wait ten years and keep it secret she's having an affair with Patrick? Several unlikely situations combined. What happened at holidays?

FordF150guyFordF150guyabout 1 month ago

A very nice and quietly devastating story. 5*****

PBD2022PBD2022about 1 month ago

You can't make whore into a wife. Most tried and most failed. It is ingrained in the personality. Look how she acted she is like two different person.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I’m sorry, but if you thought this story was good, you are easily amused! There might have been a decent 5K word story buried in this avalanche of wasted words. The dialogue was most often frivolous and not Germane to the story line. It was simplistic, stilted , and seemed to be written for a sixth grade level.

RanDog025RanDog025about 1 month ago

Excellent story and felt very sad for Mia. I even know a few women like Mia, too bad. One and done! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS. By the way Gumbo, my favorite Authors normal size stories are any where from 27 to 37 pages long. Thank you for the excellent story, really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

With a second chance a good marriage and 3 kids ,financial secure. Why cheat. That’s the story this author wrote. The best thing for both parties would be an immediate divorce. The kids would have figured out what was going on. Her holding on to hope he would change his mind caused her to aged and destroyed her. Both needed a fresh start not this arrangement.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The ending was telegraphed. The story was a redo of a thousand others. Then the slut who was ficking multiple men went mother Thetesa for 15 years because she loved Pat... anyone who beleves that pls. send me your details I have a bridge for sale.

NickTeeNickTeeabout 1 month ago

@Truthandjustice. The author didn't say that the post-nupt was obfuscated. Those were your words in order to uphold your theory on the matter. Have you considered the 'Caveat Emptor' principle that means you are responsible for doing your due diligence before signing a contract. Seems to me that too many people on LW insist on extrapolating their poor outcomes in court into generalities that are binding to all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

@phil1c - What are you? The moralistic moron...

FaceForRadioFaceForRadioabout 1 month ago

Liked the story, but while I am all for BTB when it’s merited, I am not a fan of delayed reaction divorce. The US Constitution promises a speedy trial, so spreading out the inevitable over 15 years or so seems like a waste of good years. Mia is a cheating bitch so just cut her loose to live her life so you may do the same!

likeboblikebobabout 1 month ago

"3" IMHO it was a bit too drawn out and the ending was predictable.I do appreciate the effort that went into writing this.

tizwickytizwickyabout 1 month ago

That was a long way to go for a very milktoast ending.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 1 month ago

Kids grow up and learn about sex. By the time they hit 13 or so, they’ll know something’s wrong because mom and dad aren’t sleeping together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Though the author is certainly a decent writer, and I liked a lot of his earlier strories, this one felt wrong in many ways for me. Greatest flaws: the kids this whole scheme pretended to be intended for played no lively role at all in the actual post betrayal reality or the POV musings of the main characters, Kids were just there in a totally formal way. The living arrangements seem to me to be extremely cruel against each and every member of the family. The twists of the story (Affair with Mitch instead of Blake, love affair with Teresa unknown to Mia, Hawai with Teresa), are too forseeable on the one hand and too artificial and arty on the other hand. The pre betrayal story was too long, the post betrayal story much too short by comparison. Were I to rate the story, it would be a 1* for the plot development and a 3* for the writing (too frequent POV changes, that did make little sense in itself), so I abstained from rating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I don’t think it would be possible to fit any more cliches into this story. Girl friend fucks old college squeeze

Dumps girl friend. Get back together. Gets pregnant. Happy happy times. Wife goes to work with old boy friends company but works with another old squeeze. Best mate gets cancer. Finds out wife cheats with husband of best friend. Doesn’t divorce wife, live together for sake of kids. Wife tries to seduce him but only gets a cold hearted fuck. Back to dead best mates wife. Secretly in love. Wife thinks all good because of trip but darstardly husband is going with best mates wife who he has been shagging for years. Wedding of kid, wife has put on weight and looks a shocker. Husband and best mates wife marry and live happily ever after.

What a crock of shit. (Did I miss any cliches.?)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

You are in dire need of an editor. Your sentence structure needs serious work. While I'm at it, to you and everyone else out there this nonsense about staying with the cheat for the sake of the kids is not only an old trope but disproven and more likely to hurt the kids than divorce. Other than that I'm sure I've read this story before or one very much like it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Mixed points of view were not helpful but still scored a 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Nice trip down memory lane but I thought after all the year’s together they would get together. Oh well, it’s your story. 4*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Two tropes that have become so disgustingly common, you have to wonder if people actually believe that shit. Trope one: "a cheating slut but a good mother". People who actually believe that shit have no clue about parenthood. Children are sponges and as a parent, your moral principles bleed onto them. It doesn't matter what you preach to them. Your real lesson to them is what you are actually doing. And because of that, a cheater by definition can't be a good parent. Just like a thief can't be one, even if they are pampering their kids all the time.

Disgusting trope number two: "I have to stay with the slut for the kids". It's probably the most idiotic myth you see in these stories. Right up there with the fraternization clause bs. Any social worker worth their salt would tell you a dead marriage forced to carry its zombie corpse "for the kids", is actually worse for them. I was one of those kids. Serial cheating that I actually discovered on my own, followed by years of cold war, fake and forced family activities and random fights for the silliest shit. I was relieved when it was finally divorce time, but it didn't mean much to me since I was soon leaving home too. Years later when they both told me they did it "for the kids" my reply was, "did you ever fucking ask me if I wanted this?"

I'm convinced that authors either use that shit as an excuse to keep the cuck being...a cuck to extend the story. Or they really have no clue...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

He got off easy in my book.

a) He meets a woman who fucked him without even knowing his name.

b) He actually pursuits a relationship with her, despite everyone around him telling him she is the town bike.

c) He actually sees her with his own eyes being a freshly fucked slut.

d) Despite him pretending he wants to end it, this cheating slut lives free in his head, causing him to ruin actually good relationships. There can be only one reason for it. In most human males, witnessing a possible mate fucked from another, kills any sexual interest. Instead of that, he becomes obsessed with the ruined cunt. The only explanation is that he is the anomaly/outlier to that rule, AKA a cuck.

e) He actually gets back with her as the proper cuck he is. He even gets her pregnant. The worst possible person you'd want to mother you children. If they are yours...

f) He is completely beta throughout their marriage, catering to her every whim. Even moving for her shake. When he gets suspicious the slut is still...slutting, he keeps thinking he is wrong. Standard cuck's denial.

g) Even when he finds out, he creates excuses to stay with the slut. Even fucked her when any proper male would be absolutely disgusted to get in there.

And we are supposed to believe that pathetic excuse for a man, who fooled HIMSELF way more than twice, finally found his happiness with the other girl. That dude has cuck in his dna. It's just a matter of time until his next wife discovers his hidden tendencies and give him what he deserves.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous