All Comments on 'Fool's Gold: Ghost Town'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Ahh, there's no fool like and old one

And this one just warmed the cockles.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 4 years ago
Short, sad and sweet.

I liked it. Thanks

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
Dude, that was really good!

That was some seriously good story telling! 5*s a big smile from me.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
That made me tear up

It's a romance and a ghost story.

Truly amazing.

norafaresnorafaresover 4 years ago
Five Stars

This was beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Must have gotten some of that dust in my eyes

That's my story and I'.m sticking to it.

*****

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
On hell no

DRE didn't just make.me tear up! This was seriously one my favorites for the entire year.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ah a tear

Delightful. Wished it were longer just so I could keep enjoying it. Reminded me of a weekend we spent in Cripple Creek at the old Imperial Hotel. We explored some of the old mining sites, most of the mining in that area were open pits dug by hand. Not far north of there is the Glory Hole. It is the largest hand-dug pit mine in Colorado, if not the world.

Great story, well told.

detroitdave

eightytuneseightytunesover 4 years ago
It was a love they found.

The ending gave so much.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Love that never died

Enjoyed

A_BierceA_Bierceover 4 years ago

I hope they're eternally happy

I hope you're happy toying with our emotions. Love is in that rarified mountain air.

Grimjack01Grimjack01about 4 years ago
Enduring love

This was a really a great story about enduring love, thankyou.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyabout 4 years ago

I never read the Romance stories. Looks like I'll have to start. Excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice one

A lovely story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wow

Very sad but quite a story and very nicely done. 5*s.

AvidReader868AvidReader868about 3 years ago

5 Stars. Thank you for such a beautiful story.

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

Great story, DFW! Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nicely done.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice story bro! Again an awesome one!

HistProf2019HistProf2019about 1 year ago

5 So well done. Touching moving love story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wonderful romantic story, but some historical continuity problems.

It says it is set in the 1870s. While it doesn't say why the woman is sick, it is overwhelmingly suggestive that she has TB, which calls for a dry climate such as in Arizona.

In the 1870s it would have been the Cherry Creek gold rush, the first one for what is now Colorado (still a territory back then). That's the one that led to wagons emblazoned with "Pikes Peak or Bust", because the usual route led past what is now Colorado Springs. Cherry Creek comes into Denver from the southeast, and was notorious for flooding Denver every spring until the Cherry Creek dam and state park were built. Cherry Creek is and was close to Denver. There was never a gold rush in an isolated town such as that described in the story.

Colorado Springs was formally founded in 1871. The area was already known as a mecca for TB sufferers due to its dry climate. Our climate here is about as dry as Arizona's, without the searingly hot summers. Of course the past month has been atypically wet, absurdly so, breaking records. Anyone anywhere in Colorado with TB would be aiming for Colorado Springs, not Arizona, a much shorter and cheaper journey.

HappyId

I live here. I know several people who winter in Arizona and summer in Colorado Springs.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

damn,that was different ,thank you !

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Tragic and sweet story. Evocatively written. BardnotBard

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith3 months ago

Beautiful ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...