All Comments on 'Fools'

by jack_straw

Sort by:
  • 117 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fabulous story. Easy 5. I do wish authors would refrain from bogus "blame shifting" as a device for making the husband seem more "noble": " It wasn't entirely your fault. I was too ambitious, too driven in my work, and I didn't see what it was doing to you, to us. It blinded me to those demons you talked about." That was complete bullshit, but the story was outstanding nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

We ALL make mistakes, some far greater than others. The difference being whether we learn from them and change accordingly. I,like many, are a work in progress. At least I know my limitations as opposed to some. A few of the comments sound like from people I have known, quick to spot flaws in others (and very vocal about it) yet completely blind about their own. That would put the character Jeanette a step above them - she at least could see her faults. You wrote a wonderful story Jack. It will be sad if we don't have the chance to read more of your tales but I am thankful for what we have.

somewhere east of Omaha

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 3 years ago

Why is it that the wronged husband/fiancé/boyfriend, when he gets into a violent confrontation with his wife/fiancé/girlfriend's paramour he, usually, gives the paramour a serious beating without any damage done to him? I get that the idea is for the offended male partner gets some revenge and move the plot along. But, after seeing it happen so much, it has turned into a trope and frankly, I think that it being used is the authors being lazy.

For that matter why is Jason angry with Jeanette's? She is not Jason's wife anymore, (he divorced her and rightfully so). Yet he attacks a stranger because why? This man had nothing to do with the destruction of their marriage. Here is an alternative result. Starting with when Jason confronts and speaks with the man.

-

"If you don't piss off in the next 10 seconds, I'll rip off your puny little cock and shove it down your throat," I whispered, and I squeezed hard, a move that made him gasp and his eyes bulge out, until I released his nuts and stood aside to let him out of the booth" Next thing I know I am waking up in a hospital emergency room in great pain and I am handcuffed to the bed's railing. My left eye hurts and my nose hurts, A Lot and I can't see out of it. My ribs are extremely sore, as well as my crotch. I ask a nurse that came to check on me what happened, she gave me a sneer and told me that a police officer would be by to speak to me. One did come to speak to me and I learn that the man I thought "seemed a little soft", is actually a combat veteran having had tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. After I had let him go and he got up, he struck and gave me a thorough ass kicking. I was under arrest for assault. Not only did the hotel bar had security cameras that recorded everything there were witnesses that said I instigated the confrontation. I figure, even if I get off with a slap on the wrist from the courts, which I doubt will happen, the combat vet will probably sue me for my actions against him. Jeanette did come by to see how I was doing. She did ask me why I did attack her 'guest'. If I wanted to talk to her all I had to do was to ask her. She would have delayed her meeting with the man. If he objected, then there are other 'johns' out there, so no big loss. We did have the conversation I wanted to have that day and we had some closure. But, she was right, why did I have to confront her guest?

-

Let me be, clear, I am not slamming the author. Overall, I did enjoy this story. I just was pointing out, what I thought, is a weakness in the writing of this and other similar stories. Now there may be those that will ask, "Why do I not write my own 'fic?". Frankly, I do not have the talent not patience to write anything more than this comment.

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not too bad a story but certainly not in my top 5 by this author. One thing at the end of the story kinda bugged me. Jeanette’s letter to her daughter. I do certainly believe he should have, was even obligated to, give their daughter the letter. But to do it at her wedding? Jeez, what a freaking buzz-kill. But hey, it’s his choice and I guess it worked out ok.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

This is a great story by Mr Straw. With some of the absolute Cuckolds and ir stories he's written, it's hard to believe that he is capable of this.

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 2 years ago

Nice - the opening left few avenues to pursue but it was done with a proper touch and an understanding of the benefit of healing and forgiveness. I think a lot of other commenters have lost the ability to feel and understand those values.

DrgwngDrgwngover 2 years ago

The ever increasing level if wimpiness in men , ever higher levels of cuckolding, hot wifing and so on does not speak well for societies future. It is only a matter of time as things fail because every man is I need fear of fidelity, paternity, and the courts. It will be great to get on a plane designed by wimps and cucks, too focused on their own woes to do a good job. Oh well.......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great. I have my Kathy as a wife. I'm a really lucky guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To give his daughter the letter from her deceased slut mother minutes before said daughter was to walk down the aisle at her wedding was ridiculously asinine. Right after she became engaged would have been fine. The father proved he was still a clueless cuck. Some things never change.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For my money this story was over when he walked out of the bar where Jeannie was hooking. I read the rest of the story but there was nothing of any substance in it. Not really a bad story, just not great. In my opinion, anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What, did he think his brother was lying to him. Whatever heartache he went though he has no one to blame but the person he sees in the mirror.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Trust me, brothers lie. They will screw you over any chance they can. Just ask my brother how he lost 3 fingers. We don't talk much anymore, it's been 7 years. You wrote an emotional tale of love, hate, and regrets as well as new hope. Thank you for doing this so well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This story was really done at the end of page 1. The rest is filler.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I can't believe he didn't take the opportunity to fuck Janet for old times' sake, especially since both the circumstances and her lifestyle were conducive to this. He would get rid of all the anger that he, at times, brought down on his second wife, and she would have the opportunity to make amends and a sense of forgiveness.

slowhand21slowhand218 months ago

Wouldn’t have given her that letter on her wedding day. Maybe after the honeymoon.

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

Seriously Jack? 3 bud lites and he’s got a buzz on? Obviously didn’t live during the 70s or 80s

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous