For Science!

Story Info
A tour group explores the Institute on Human Sexual Practice.
5.9k words
3.84
3.9k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Anthropological Institute on Human Sexual Practices

"This College is unique in the world. Here we have researchers who work tirelessly to collect the entire panoply of sexual practices across hundreds of cultures.

"From here to Timbuktu, from modern day to the furthest recesses of history! Predicting practices of the future!"

A question?

"Hey Professor! Why all the obsessing over sex? Can't you guys find something important to think about?"

A common observation, many tour groups had a funny guy that asked something similar. This guy looked like a prosperous business leader, which was code for overweight and patronizing.

These alumni might be more interesting than most. These were successful graduates, each capable of supporting an entire department should they so choose.

But that didn't mean they were any smarter. The demographic of successful alumni was of the conventional B-average hardworking student, likely to thrive in a competitive business environment.

She had her work cut out for her. But to answer the question.

"Our College is constituted to look into all areas of human endeavor. This Institute in particular, has turned its attention to a subject that looms large through all of human history.

"Yet, it has largely gone undocumented, unstudied, passed over. The reasons are many - often a taboo subject, considered rude or offensive (if anything can be intrinsically offensive). The subject of jokes.

"Yet, in a way, most of the history of art has been centered on this area - much of sculpture is of the naked human body! Paintings, even of the most holy and sacred subjects, are rife with nakedness and sexual symbolism. Even the very first cave paintings were of human figures, outlines of hands. The first pottery dolls - pregnant women.

"Hell, even modern literature revolves around the subject of sex, either expressly or indirectly. Never mind porn: the largest segment in the publishing industry is Romance Novels after all!"

That got a nervous laugh; everybody here had read something of that kind, Playboy or something by Barbara Cartland, Diana Palmer, Sarah Morgan. The proletariat's preferred porn.

"Is it important? Is the core topic of all art and literature, important? The topic that molds all cultural behavior, all social interaction?"

She left it there; she had made her point, the group was nodding, accepting now.

Another question, from an older lady, a school administrator if she remembered right. A redhead dressed in a suit and sensible shoes; she nevertheless had her blouse unbuttoned to nearly her navel. No prude here; this woman would be open to learning all we had to teach.

"How much is there to study, though? Isn't sex the same all around the world? Like, they don't have two dicks in Timbuktu or anything, right?"

Nodding, agreeing.

"Yes, you have a point. Previous investigations into the subject of sex have centered on body shapes, sexual positions, variations in the sex act itself.

"That has been largely exhausted as an area of science. We're only made of flesh and bone, after all! How much screwing can one person do?"

A more relaxed laugh this time; their guide was speaking their language.

"Here we go beyond that, question the foundations of sexual interaction. Seduction! Partner selection! Taboos! whether people, places or acts.

"Sex has a biological purpose, sure. Reproduction. Yet it's always performed with some ulterior motive: ambition, pride, obedience, reward, even punishment!

"We have words like 'loyalty' and 'betrayal' to describe it. Why is that? There's no idea of 'loyalty' in eating, or taking a walk, or building a house. If sex is just screwing, shouldn't all sex be described with the same words?"

Nodding now; they were getting it.

"Sex is often described as animal. When you're doing it right, anyway."

Grins at that. Put the images in their minds first, then elaborate. Deconstructing the topic!

"Human sexuality is different, very different from other species, from very similar mammals, even other primates!

"Humans generally are shy about sex. We hide it, we don't do it in public, we keep it secret.

"Apes don't care, they screw when the urge hits them; your dog doesn't care who's watching, they'll hump your leg in a crowded room.

"But we care, deeply."

There were one or two that weren't nodding. In her experience, these were the exhibitionists. One couple were dressed in casual clothes, collared short-sleeved shirts and shorts, not giving anything away. But her shirt was tight, stretched across her chest. Her shorts went to mid-thigh, not scandalous.

Yet her nipples were now becoming very visible through the knit fabric. And the shorts revealed no panty line. Is shorts were loose-fitting, plenty of room to pull it out for an impromptu coupling. It was a good bet, that this couple would be screwing somewhere on campus before their visit was complete.

"People are sensitive to their own body image. Most mammals don't even have a body image! They cannot recognize themselves in a mirror at all.

"People react to one another primarily through sexual signaling. Yes! It's part of every conversation, every look. You can't be in a crowded room without considering the sexual component, who you might brush up against, which others are more or less beautiful, whether your partner will object to you talking to that attractive person."

Smiles and nudges now; these were largely couples, familiar with flirtation and inappropriate interactions.

"Humans endorse monogamy almost universally, through elaborate promises and rituals. Marriage, engagement, 'going steady'. Bride price, symbolic breaking of the hymen. All orbiting the idea of one mate, for life.

"Yet stories, literature, media orbit in a completely different plane: they are all about violations of monogamy, betrayal of the ideal. Inappropriate matches; non-reproductive sex; casual partnering. We wallow, revel in the thrill of extramarital liaisons!"

This got some frowns; it was going to take more than clever words to bump these folks out of the rut their conventional upbringing had put them in.

"There is this fiction, that we can behave as intellectual beings, treat one another purely as human and not as sexual competitors or desirable mates. Socially, in business, in friendships.

"I make this analogy: can we decide not to see a sunset? Can we refuse to taste an apple in our mouth? Can we fail to smell a foul smell?

"Sex is much the same, but more so. Our bodies and brains are built with sexual impulses tangled up in all of those things, part of every memory, every feeling, every thought!

"We can no more turn off sexual responses, than decide not to be hungry or not feel pain.

"Sure, some hermits claim to achieve this after a lifetime of meditation, somehow beyond normal human feeling, reached some 'nirvana'. They are outliers, by a very large margin! And, I believe, they are probably lying."

A big laugh now. She had them in the palm of her hand. Ready for the next part of the tour!

"Let's move into the foyer of our exhibit, explore some of the range of sexual expression that are more or less common among cultures."

She let the group through the double door labelled, sedately, "Human Stimulus and Response, an Exploration."

Inside were a series of dioramas. The first: a primitive human couple, naked and hairy. The male was leering and reaching toward the female; she was bent, her butt in the air, her legs spread, hands holding herself open, cunt very visible, red and wet. She was drooling.

Some indrawn breath, but no complaints. The context of primitive peoples helped get past the lewdness. After all these primitives didn't know any better!

"Here we see sex at its most basic. A display of sexual receptiveness. The natural reaction."

Ok some giggles at that. Likely some of these couples may have acted out this display in their own homes at some time.

"What is conveyed here, even tens of thousands of years removed we all instantly understand this context. She's horny, and her mate is excited by that. Across millennia, we can correctly interpret sexual signaling."

The next diorama, a haughty male of some wealth, body adorned with silver and gems, their prick rampant under their tight-fitting pantaloons. At his feet, a woman dressed in a veil covering her face, a diaphanous skirt and nothing else. Ripe round breasts, shapely hips, flowing hair.

Yet her eyes tell it all - she is resentful of this man, here against her will, angry and sullen. He will have her, but she isn't going to like it.

"Here we see what? Consent? Love? Courtship? No, this is a display of power, sex for the purpose of pleasure and perhaps, control. Is she a daughter of a defeated rival? A princess wed to a neighboring king to seal a political deal? Property? A peasant, here simply because she's sexy and he wants her?"

Some comments about "He's going to get his eyes scratched out!" and "She'll make his life a living hell."

Good! They were getting it - sex was complicated, had effects far beyond simple fucking and reproduction.

Next, something a little more fun. Three people, bodies intertwined, one plump naked woman with cute acorn breast riding a man cowgirl, with an enormous silly smile and a wedding ring. Another sat on his face, hands on the floor above his head, tits dangling heavy and full, her eyes wild with pleasure, also married.

"Who is in control here? Is anyone? Is this consensual? Is he their master or their slave? Or is it just all for fun? How can we tell? What will happen later, when they've enjoyed each other in half a dozen ways, all fucked out and both women pregnant? Neither woman? One is pregnant and not the other?"

This got a buzz going, each couple with a story of irresponsible liaisons they heard of, of uncertain pregnancies. Their minds abuzz with the causes and consequences.

The real purpose of this display was to move the viewers past simple shock or disgust, to draw them into a dialog about sex without the nakedness getting in the way, the pricks and cunts just there for illustration of a point.

There were several more, each more lurid or provocative than the last.

A woman dressed casually, one foot over the back of the couch, her crotch stretched, her cunt lips vividly obvious, reading a book. Looking up from that, at the audience, one eyebrow raised. Was this an invitation? A social power-play? Teasing? Innocent?

A man tied to a cross, one woman sucking his cock, another ready with a whip. His eyes rolled up in his head, either from pleasure or pain or in shock, it was not clear.

A line of naked men, cocks rampant, lined up to have their turn with a woman leaning over a pile of grain sacks, her dress shredded, her butt naked, legs spread, knees bent, a pool of jizz on the floor at her feet, dripping down her leg. One man laboring over her cunt with an expression of determination.

A gangbang! Why? Who? What did it mean for them? Was she willing or coerced? Was this all her doing? How does that change the meaning?

A severe college professor in a white wig with a paddle, a college student with his pants dropped, butt and legs red from the blows, one hand on his cock, in the act of ejaculating on the floor. What is the nature of power? From which point of view?

Finally, a family scene with a pantsless hunk of an adult son, standing beside a bed fucking his naked mother on her back, her legs over his shoulders. Older sister on all fours over her, kissing her mother, tongues intertwined, petite breasts hanging cutely as father doggy-fucks her, his head back, in ecstasy.

Grandma looks on from a rocking chair, one hand halfway up her cunt, the other tugging at a nipple, her flat sagging breast stretched nearly to her navel.

This one brought only quiet murmuring, their minds expanded, wondering if such a thing was possible, was moral. Was fun?

The schoolteacher cleared her throat nervously, had a question.

"These are instructive, to be sure. But you claim your researchers are collecting the entire spectrum of human sexual practices. Not by making these dioramas, surely? They are brutally descriptive, but lack context, cannot tell us about social consequences. Cannot describe purpose or meaning.

"You can't put longing, jealousy, ambition in a display case?"

Smiling, the tour guide saw this could not have gone better if the schoolteacher had been a plant.

"You hit the nail on the head! While mathematics, poetry, science can be put down on a page, taught and understood, not so much temptation, ecstasy, perversion, humiliation. These must be experienced.

"For this reason, our College has classes and programs that teach timeless practices using students, graduates, faculty and staff. Ordinary people, volunteers!

"We coach then through the particulars, the preparation and execution. Then they rehearse to make them part of everyday life.

"I know, this seems extreme. But what better time in life to experiment and learn, than in college? Some of us remember our own experimentation, how we fumbled in ignorance, how it was awkward and confusing. Outcomes that took years to digest and understand.

"We do periodic post-activity breakdown of their feelings, what succeeded and what failed. How they were affected physically, emotionally and socially."

"What practices are currently being explored by this year's students?" The schoolteacher wet her lips, her hands folded over her crotch carelessly.

A good point: we were only one campus, there was too much to do it all in one semester.

"To begin, we admit only students of age, ready to receive our instruction without legal or moral tripwires. We exist in a society with rules! And we abide by them."

"We have themes for each incoming class that help guide our instructors, help them choose among the constellation of practices to concentrate on one facet. In this way we graduate each student cohort with deeper understanding and appreciation of a block of human behavior, far beyond what simple textbooks and lectures could do.

"Each incoming freshman class will be choosing among topics offered by their department and their major. Let me explain."

They left the foyer, entered a normal-looking lecture room with a screen on one wall, chairs ranked. Just enough chairs for exactly the tour group, that was important lest they cluster in the back.

A slideshow! Not to titillate, but to elaborate upon this theme.

The first slide: a stage with young couples and threesomes in dynamic sexual poses. All naked, skin sheen betraying their passion, their effort.

"The School of Dance choreographs and performs a dance-fuck routine their first semester. Why? By ritualizing sex, structuring it carefully, then rehearsing to perfect 'the dance' the students reach an understanding of their body performance limits and capabilities, to expand their skills and repertoire.

"It removes emotional barriers by becoming essential a theatrical event. They become mindful of sex, experience it fully and come closer to an understand of their own physical body.

"At the end of the semester they perform in the quad. Very popular with the student body, with alumni!"

Some of the couples were taking notes, likely to remember to visit campus at the end of the semester. A performance not to be missed!

"Are there other exhibitions by students? Other venues where the public and the students come together to explore the limits of socio-sexual display?"

Definitely a schoolteacher. Checking the roster, yes, an administrator now, a PhD in secondary education with a position at an expensive private institution. Explained why she was the leader in this group, already familiar with 'student body' activities.

"Yes! Several. The school of Physical Education trained teams in fuck-fighting. These were non-impact competitions with paired mixed-sex students, with a goal of subduing the opponent."

Another slide: a naked man and woman, the woman holding the man in a torso leg-lock, sucking aggressively at his rampant cock as he struggled.

"Isn't that just wrestling?"

"Pretty much! In many societies wresting is done naked, as it is done here. However, these bouts don't end when someone is pinned to a mat, though that often happens.

"A fight ends when one contestant either elicits ejaculation or forces impregnation of their opponent through physical struggle."

"Isn't that just school-facilitated rape?" The teacher was having a harder time adapting to these new mental frameworks.

"Remember! It's all about intent, social structure and expectations. Here our willing participants are going for score. For instance, a takedown is two points; gaining a hold is one point.

"Violation through sexual contact is three points, either penetration or intimate oral stimulation. Involuntary orgasm is an extra point on any maneuver."

"How does that go? I can't imagine the fights are very fair. Upper body strength is a huge component of wrestling." She was definitely pressing her hands into her crotch now, but trying to do it so it wasn't noticeable.

Nodding, "Yes, but here the principal tools of the combatant aren't what you might be thinking. Feints, luring the opponent, taunting, enticing are a huge component.

"Imagine the effect on a horny freshman of nineteen when his opponent offers vivid descriptions of what she's about to do to him! It can decide the match."

"You said, 'trained'. Has this activity been discontinued?"

Wryly, "I'm afraid we had some trouble last semester with betting. Sigma Delta had organized a 'sperm derby' wherein their membership was challenged to collect creampies from personalized rosters of classmates. For charity! The results slanted our research data beyond usefulness, as women threw fights to get inseminated by participants on their 'cum bucket' list."

Uneasy laughter: what these kids won't think of next!

"It's under review right now. If the data can be normalized around this activity, the program will be resumed. Until then the classes simply work on conditioning, stamina and capacity."

By which she meant, fucking practice where students attempted to hold off their orgasm, increase their pelvic impact force and maximize ejaculate volume.

"Surely not every class is preparation for some exhibition?"

"Oh no! The individual comes first in our Institute. Many students strive to understand themselves better, extending themselves with new activities, taking social risks they would never have done without some reason. Our classes provide structure to those activities, make them worth doing for their own sakes."

Another slide: three naked students, posing against a backdrop painting of a construction site, airbrushed to form an image of a crane. Arms and legs extended to form the boom; thighs framed a woman's head as if visible in the cab. It was astonishing, hard to distinguish one body from another. Their body paint carefully designed to blend from one form to another seamlessly.

"For instance, in Visual Arts we have added Bodypainting to the curriculum. Both artists and subject participation qualify the student for credit.

"Class members then form static scenes as directed by the artist-classmates. For instance, one class presented a menagerie of jungle animals formed of juxtaposed bodies painted as a sort of trompe l'oeil."

"How does that qualify as extending themselves? It looks much like any other visual art."

"Each classroom competes before a panel of faculty judges. Participants agree to a schedule of rewards and penalties. The winning classes are rewarded; the losers risk the punishment."

"What risks and rewards would stretch a college student's social experience? Money? Curfew privileges? These are young people already putting themselves out there, trying out relationships, risking rejection and humiliation by their peers."

12