All Comments on 'For the Love of an Android'

by aussie_101

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
woodwardwoodwardalmost 3 years ago

Very interesting take on the relationship. Good story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You wrote a story that is set in the future, somewhere outside of the United States, and decided to bring up Donald Trump even though it had nothing to do with the story. Seriously?

TheSecretBunnyTheSecretBunnyalmost 3 years ago
Well done

This was very good, I was wondering how you would end the story. But you left nothing unanswered, I would read continuance if it would please the author do write one. Or a totally new story in the same universe..

GeojimGeojimalmost 3 years ago

Nicely done. A beautiful little romance in a very realistically crafted world.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 3 years ago
Nice

Nice little Android love story. I'm wondering if there will be more, maybe adding the Ex into the mix. Five stars, very well done.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

A really nice story. AAAA++++

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not a fan of bringing real-world politics in to this kind of story...especially as a dig against a country not your own.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hmmph... So cute that you think that President Trump would bring about the downfall of the U.S. He was a temporary reprieve from the socialist onslaught that will turn the U.S. into another Venezuela.

ellen_devlinellen_devlinalmost 3 years ago

It was a sweet story, and I very much enjoyed it. My only comment would be that there was no admonishment to the girls to keep the relationship a secret. It was mentioned that it’s very taboo, and I think the characters wouldn’t want the daughters letting the news slip.

Nabi27Nabi27almost 3 years ago

As an American I loved the "Dig", as one reader put it, to my country. I found that part interesting. It let me know how other people view my country and what's going on here. There's more truth to someone who is on the outside looking in because they can be non-biased, and less emotional. Also just because it was in the story doesn't mean the writer actually feels that way. It could be something they hear alot in their country when people talk about the US. Maybe the entire world is looking at the US sideways. Get over it. The writer can do whatever they want. It was a nice story. I really enjoyed it.

abiostudent3abiostudent3almost 3 years ago

Adorable as hell. Ignore the alt-right trolls; this site seems to get a lot of them.

SpiritfireSpiritfirealmost 3 years ago

So, you based this off Detroit: Become Human, am I right?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think that this is a lovely, sweet story- though I found the current a touch unrealistic in the time frame necessary. On the other hand, if the disease mentioned is Covid-21 rather than covid-19, I might presume that this is a reality slightly different from our own.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

That was a fun and sexy little romp. The D:BH influence is pretty overt, but I don’t think it distracted from your story. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Decent story. A bit overdone of language during sex scene. Story made more sense when you replace Trump with Biden. And don't tell Biden he has something on his chin. He thinks it is a snack.

OtherJPOtherJPalmost 3 years ago

Nice. Deserves another chapter.

BobbyMikeBobbyMikeover 2 years ago

Really EXCELLENT...I lost track of BOTH Story & Author...DEVIL of a TIME, re-finding it/them!!

Tried looking under Stories about [ANDROIDS and/or ROBOTS]...had NO Luck!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was a sexy story but why make it political

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting idea. As time progresses he gets older and she gets upgrades.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Too treacly for me.

oasisparadiseoasisparadisealmost 2 years ago

Great story and reminded me of the TV series Humans.

Ignore the xenophobic comments from the gun loving child murdering right. They will never understand or accept what the world really things of them.

Havoc100Havoc100over 1 year ago

All of these fembot/android stories follow the same script. It would be great if a few were a little different. Even if they just started out in the middle of the story and just referred to acquisition and discovery of upgrades. Then jumped right into the angst of falling in love with an artificial lifeform and coming to grips with the psychological dilemma is it real or just programming and where is the line between the two.

mikeswivesmikeswivesabout 1 year ago

Aussie_101 has produced an exceptionally good story. In fact, it would be an exceptionally good story without the sex. (Not that I recommend that.)

I bookmarked this story some time ago with the intention of returning to add a comment. I have just reread it and I found it to be just as good the second time. Let me add, that outside of Lit, my reading is heavily weighted in the Sci-Fi genre and, perhaps snobbishly, I read only the best, Asimov, Robinson, Niven, etc. My point is that Sci-Fi is already a sophisticated genre and adapting it to Lit readership is a demanding challenge, but I deem this story as very successful.

First, the story meets the essential criterion of actually having characters. I mean you acquire a sense of the person (or android) as being honest or mean or naive or smart of kind etc. I suggest the budding writers in any Lit category include this matter of character, because outlandish sexual organs inserted in exotic orifices is not sexy unless the organ and orifice have character.

Second, the presentation of the Android(s) is(are) sophisticated. Indeed, it builds from simple observations of posture and language fluency to the more difficult cultural/ethical/intellectual issue of sentience and feeling. The simplistic "sexbot" of other stories is absent, requiring a more strategic story development.

Third, there is a certain tension in the story leading the reader to anticipate "what comes next". Interestingly, the issue of societal norms and human treatment of androids comes up multiple times in ways that add a little tension without inserting distracting digressions.

I could go on, e.g. the utility of the blue/yellow LED to signal the reader to ponder what the android is "thinking" was nicely done. The one major "thinking" component of the story is the discussion of economics and using that to bring forward the question of what does an android think of humans. The great emotion-versus-calculation issue is masterfully developed and we then have a vehicle for understanding how the human can be caused to reconceptualize the android.

OK! I'm stopping this long comment now and adding only a comment on comments.

I'm surprised that Havoc100 did not see things my way and found the story to be generic. Guess I'll have to ask. Unsurprisingly, the politics got a huge response. Obviously, some did not understand that this is Sci-Fi; so futuristic? The Trump election disaster obviously is discussing his *second* election. The Covid-21 pandemic is the later and more deadly return of the evolved Covid-19. These and the economic issue are the author's gentle warning of the cost of paying more attention to your dick than the well-being of the planet.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson11 months ago

As a consumer of Asimov in. my youth, this story resonates with me.

The unspoken message is what is humanity? What is sentience?

Here we have what appears to be a sentient being, an android, and its/her existence is at the mercy of the current owner/lessee.

Recycling/death is in its/her future if or when the current owner/lessee tires of it/her or is unable to pay the monthly fee.

This will be legal, but is it moral?

At what level of sentience is there a right to life?

Then there's the slavery issue...

I'd like to see a sequel.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useraussie_101@aussie_101
May 28 2021: I've posted a sci-fi story! For the Love of an Android - have a read and let me know what you think. May 23 2021: for those who have been keen for more of Jamie and Brett's adventures, I have published a short follow-up. Check it out! Jan 27 2018: Fun Times and...