All Comments on 'For the Love of Holly'

by wantsomefun1951

Sort by:
  • 224 Comments (Page 3)
elijahmommyelijahmommyover 14 years ago
I loved it.

Im so happy I had the chance to read your story. It was so good. It showed that there are people who are actually selfless and it showed the spirit of Christmas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Sorry, I loved it.

Yes, it's a sappy, fairytale romance, but from the standpoint of an older man who fights depression and loneliness every single day, it's just what I need. I get so discouraged with all the stories that feature a hot sex scene, followed immediately by a statement to the effect that, "It was a great night, and I'll remember it for a long time." What happened to caring about and for someone, and yes, what happened to love? But especially, what happened to respect? I suspect that some of those who wrote such critical comments have never been in a relationship that included love and mutual respect. I have enjoyed that several times as a younger man, and a one night stand, no matter how thrilling, can't touch it. I know very well that life does not often go as smoothly as it did for these two characters, but I found it a treat to read something filled with affection, respect, gentleness, and kindness. On top of that, the author has a better command of language than 98% of those who contribute to this site, particularly by comments filled with errors and inadequate construction of a sentence.

JennyBearJennyBearover 14 years ago
I loved it!

TY for taking the time and making the effort to write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I disagree

We are expressing opinions, mine is that this is a blah story, what will help this author? A better attitude, some graciousness. He is combative in defended those he agrees with, and attacks others who he disagrees with. He should re-work his stories more before submitting, or, maybe, don't submit until they are better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
why the negative comments

To all the people who left negative comments on this story. Why? If there was something about it that you felt was not right say so. Negative comments with no reason does not help

the author better his/her story. This was exactly what the author stated he wanted it to be a feel good love story.

I think it is one of the best to appear on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Too smug for me.

But good effort.

domrogerdomrogerover 14 years ago
Nit picking

An excellent story,well written and full of the Christmas apirit.

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Delicious Story

When I read that he wanted to be a chef I was sure we were going to get pages of description of fine cuisine. Instead we had a parade of nice people doing their best for those around them. My diabetes will not permit me to read too many stories like this but we do need stories like this to strengthen our hearts....

sherlock40sherlock40over 14 years ago
Excellent story

Thank you for this wonderful story. An enjoyable feel-good story. And also a thank you to the anonymous commenters. Extremely amusing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Sorry, not impressed

Kind of a smaltzy, effeminant, poofy story, better suited to a crapster, not a lit site. Did not like it, sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well done

I don't often comment on stories, but this was one of the best. Very well done indeed. I thought I had written the mother of all happy endings, but you beat me hands down. I have never so enjoyed being outdone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
heart warming.

i loved this story,it was a perfect christmas story,it portrays hope,joy and most importantly the spirit of christmas.What more can i say beside an excellent job well done-tally.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Thumbs down

Not so good, but you did try to overwhelm it by volume

AlitheAlitheover 14 years ago
Warming and Wonderful!

This story does an equally good job of warming the soul as any cup of hot cocoa would. It was a sweet, very humble romance. And I also came to a realization ... the main male character was never really bad (criminal), but in a way, this was a wake up call for him regardless.

catman71catman71over 14 years ago
ignore the idiots

the story is what it is: heartwarming and life affirming and to those who attack with no attriburion, if you feel so strongly do so with out hidding that is cowardice

Tarheels_FanTarheels_Fanover 14 years ago
Wonderful Christmas tale

Thank you for sharing this story with us. It's the type of story that recharges my hopes after a long hard day. I agree with the comment about this being something you would see on the Hallmark Channel, because that's what I'm watching as I read this.

Kudos

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I was so excited....

to read thru to the end that I peed my pants. Then I bent over and spread my cheeks and asked my boyfriend to stick it in my ass so I could take my mind off this shitty "story".

mwall23mwall23over 14 years ago
Soft and wonderful

Thank you for such a romantic story. I loved it because it make me laugh cry and wish for more.

Pineapplelovers69Pineapplelovers69over 14 years ago
True meaning

You were right when you said this was not a porn story, but a story of selflessness, and finding romance. It was long, but so worth the read. I find it a real pleasure to read about young people making a difference in the lives of others. It was everything one would expect from a Hallmark Christmas movie.

AllosaurusRexAllosaurusRexover 14 years ago
How wonderful

One of the best romance stories I have read for a long time, how can any body call this "pure crap" i do not know but I think that "Anonymous in GB" is the "pompous ass" who has'nt the guts to put his name to a post.

Allosaurus

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Absolutely beautiful!

'nuff said! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Fantastic Story!

Wonderful story and characters!!! I loved reading this story and it truly reminds everyone the true meaning of giving. Thank you for a heartfelt story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
In all honesty.....

I thought this was pure crap. I gave you 25% to honor your extreme effort in churning out 6 pages of this garbage. You are a writer who, if one would buy you for what you are worth, and then sell you for what you think you are worth, a fortune would be made. You would likely blast away at the very comments I was about to make regarding your weaknesses as a writer, so I'll save my breath and let you wallow in your fantasies. I expect that ejls will come flying to your rescue, as you always do to hers, so why bother expressing constructive, useful tips to you and yours. Maybe you and ejls could someday be kind enough to divulge your relationship, be it spouses, co-writers, or whatever, instead of lying in wait to torpedo anyone who criticizes the other. You are also a quite pompous ass, and your silly writing reflects this. Does anyone else agree? Oh. wait, who else would trudge through 6 pages of your crap? No one, actually. Good day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Just beautiful

What a beautiful, tender love story. This was quite a departure from your other submissions and I applaude you for it. Well done, wantsomefun1951. This was the perfect Christmas tale of romance.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous