All Comments on 'For the Love of Holly'

by wantsomefun1951

Sort by:
  • 222 Comments
Gadf77Gadf7722 days ago

Very nice ! I enjoyed it quite a bit 😄.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

One of the most sappy ( ? ) porn stories I have ever read ! And I've read a lot ( I'm 85 ) and I really teared up ! Perfect ! Thanx !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Thank you for the dimples. And the story too.

PurplefizzPurplefizz7 months ago

The idea of this story is great and it shares a general theme with DreamCloud’s story “The Promise”, it starts out really well, but bears little or no resemblance to the actual catering and hospitality industry, I know that reality isn’t needed in this type of fiction, but touching base with it periodically is. 4⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I had read this story quite some time ago, but could not recall the title. I tried different combinations of possible search terms for several days. I think the successful terms were, culinary, food kitchen, and something else. It got me two pages of possibles, and I found this one. Well worth the effort to read a Five Star story again!

JPB

Cal59Cal599 months ago

Thanks for the lift in my day, 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

6 Stars

KinPAKinPA9 months ago

Whenever I’m down, depressed, and have lost faith in myself and humanity, I find myself drawn back to this story and regain a little hope and faith to keep going.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Just perfect ! 👍

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great story, well written and left me feeling better about people in general.

SecondFiddle8159SecondFiddle8159about 1 year ago

Well done and I have re read this story a few times because of it love, hope and caring. It's also just a darn good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 stars are not enough.

Story should be required reading at any culinary school in an area large enough for a soup kitchen. Unfortunately the author almost ceased writing 10 years ago with only two stories in 2014 and one in 2016 with none since. If 1951 was the author's birth years this is his/her 72nd year.

The Hoary Cleric

tinfoilhattinfoilhatabout 1 year ago

This story will be read by me at least once a year. This is a very well written feel good tale.

ca_daveca_daveabout 1 year ago

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. 5*

billyswimsbillyswimsover 1 year ago

I have read your story several times and have cried every time. I will read it several more times I'm sure. Thank You

NevermyloveNevermyloveover 1 year ago

One of the best stories I’ve ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I wished he’d reconnect with his mom

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

10/10 fantastic read loved every bit

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Unrealistic, but pretty fukin wholesome 10/10

Sons_LoveSons_Loveover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this story, loved the buildup. But the end of the story sounds like the beginning of a new story...

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTover 1 year ago

Onkyo once or twice have I read a more gripping and at the same time heartwarming story, And even the surprise elements of the plot were not too farfetched. 5*

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 1 year ago

What a beautiful and heartwarming story. Thank you for the time and effort you placed. in writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a great story. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Actual love in the lovemaking. Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is the best story ever thank you for the gift 5stars gpa

xtrail65xtrail65over 1 year ago

I read through some of the old comments and man some people are just haters…for me is was a wonderful Christmas story with great feeling, sometimes you don’t need an in your face sex scene. Very well written.

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrelover 1 year ago

I found this to be a very beautiful story. I thought the character development was good and the plot well designed.

Those that criticize but leave no constructive remarks about how the story could be improved, should be ignored.

As to those who had objections to the "racial" distinctions in manner and speech, I completely disagree. These distinctions are, for better or worse, deeply rooted within our culture. You attempted to make your black characters real and capture a realistic image of a "soup kitchen". From the experiences that I have had, it looks like you have either worked in such an establishment or consulted someone who has. I am impressed.

5 🌟's

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

Top job! Really interesting story with engaging characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it. Wonderful tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent "Feel Good" story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I've read good, bad, excellent, horseshit, all kinds of stories before, but I've never ever read something which was this soulless and mediocre. Like painfully average. Reading it felt like a chore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story

jimmy_loganjimmy_loganalmost 2 years ago

Very nice story.

I feel the words would fall short to express how wonderful the story is .

Definitely a 5 star story

goodshoes2goodshoes2almost 2 years ago

This story was like a darn good book. Could not put it down until I finished reading.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Loved it. My only gripe is the race crap. Having Yolanda go out of her way to tell James that he is too white to date was very out of character. He wasn't coming on to her. Her remarks were unsolicited and didnt reflect the considerate individual you painted her to be. This was especially the case at the event where Yolanda announces her preference for vanilla over chocolate. She says this when she sees James for the first time that day. It's one of the first things she says to him. It stood in contrast to the way you developed her. Quite frankly it was distracting.

Those of us who have interracial families get pissed off at shit like this. Wanting to date or marry intraracially is a personal preference. One shouldn't be shamed for having that opinion. Unsolicited comments when no one asked, no one came onto the POC, and opinion offered about others who feel differently or date and marry interracially is entirely unacceptable and extremely bigoted.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

Cute story - no drama, but Hallmark style sometimes works.

Crissy4uCrissy4ualmost 2 years ago

Heartwarming story

qxvw198qxvw198almost 2 years ago

A very lovely and touching story. It is much better than others I have given 5 stars to in the past so I decided to let you know how much I enjoyed it in addition to the 5 stars.

MADDOGINTEXASMADDOGINTEXASalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely worth the time spent reading about Holly, James, Ma, and the rest. You were correct at the beginning, to give the notice, and keep some folks away; this was a sweet love story, not just a fap rag!!

Thank You for making me cry...reminding me that WE, AS A RACE, need to be nicer to each other, especially in the face of what Satan is getting his minions to lie to us about!

To steal some Charles Sickens, "GOD BLESS US, EVERY ONE!!

🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

Beautiful story - Beautifully written.

10/10!!!!!

BighornzBighornzabout 2 years ago

Excellent story, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it Thankyou.

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

This is not really a live story to read if you want romance. It has very little of the couple interacting and I’m not talking about sex. More about how people became a family. Feel good story about helping folks but if you’re looking for a true love story this is not it. Still worth a read.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Great story, lovely romance wrapped up in a feel good Christmas story. Possibly a little rushed at the end as there's enough to make another chapter. 5 stars.

auhunter04auhunter04over 2 years ago

Every now and again I come across this story and reread it, continues to get better. Cannot say that about many tales books or authors

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

I had to read this again so touching . Had tears in my eyes the first and second time I read this outstanding another favorite .

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

outstanding story I was hooked from start to finsh can't wait to read more of your writing's five stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved this!! Very well done.

blkuserblkuseralmost 3 years ago

Loved this story well written and very touching.

Richard1940Richard1940almost 3 years ago

Wonderful story. definitely 5*, Anonymous below should revise his priorities

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

An amazing story, but only 4 stars. Call me critical, but the bitch at the beginning didn't get what was coming to her. Other than that, nice job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Second reading. Still beautiful, - and 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful and beautiful story. Definitely a five star rating. 🌟👍🌟👍🌟👍🌟👍🌟👍

des67des67almost 3 years ago

A great heart-touching story... 5 STARS...But I feel there was so much more to the story you could've made a 2nd or 3rd chapter...Would've been great to keep going with James and Holly's future together as well as the kitchen with Ma, JZ, and Yolanda...1 of my top 5 stories...Well done...

Littlejay_369 is offering their help continuing your story, might help you out...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story reminded so much of the old Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland feel good movies were they get together to put on a show to help someone. This just might be my favorite Christmas story. Would be nice to think he achieved his and her dreams together. My favorite aunt and uncle were married on Christmas day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I enjoyed your story immensely and come back every few months to read it again. My only issue is the ending summary. I wish you would continue the story from when James and Holly have there Christmas evening. I feel there is so much left to write about like: James an his progress in the restaurant, JZ going to school, Yolanda and JZs developing relationship, Ma and her future, James learning his mother gets in law trouble could lead to a possible community service at the kitchen and her rebuilding her life, and finally incorporating some of the homeless like the boy who Yolanda was speaking of when James first started at the kitchen. My user name will be Littlejay_369. I would enjoy discussing any of those ideas with you.

GoldFinger578GoldFinger578about 3 years ago

I'm not going to but you brought a tear to my eyes. A great heart warming story. Perfect all around. 5 stars.

VinastodaVinastodaover 3 years ago

Even after I have Read This story multiple times . It is still one of the best stories I've read on this Site . Five stars I'd give it more if I could .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Same old bullshit, Someone calls the hero "White Boy"

Could it be published if it was "colored boy" or perhaps "negro boy"?? WTF is it with this one sided racial crap ?? Stopped reading after that slur.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The disclaimer... Kinda lied?

Maybe it's just me but even the brief love making at the end placed the pictures in my head so well... I near raped my own wife after. (She was glad I did.)

So... I just have to say that this is worth reading for every time I might come across it. Maybe once a month and thrice on December. I love it. Kudos to the author.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Nice Story

Good writing, the story line is a bit like The Promise which is very good and very moving.

nzzynzzyalmost 4 years ago

it was all right

tiercenpttiercenptalmost 4 years ago

Excellent Story!

Just the end I felt a little rushed between James and Holly.

Maybe a couple of Sentences/Epilogue. How the restaurant went, the relationship between them develop, JZ & Yolanda working for them and they continue their work for the Soup kitchen. Something along the lines.

Anyway how you went with it doesn't lessen the Quality of your Story. 5*

KinPAKinPAabout 4 years ago

I’ve read this story more times than I can count and each time it leaves me with damp eyes and a good feeling. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fantastic Story.

Can't say much more than those preceding me except the author of the story: The Promise was DreamCloud.

His stories are also fantastic but he has ceased posting because his works were stolen and claimed by someone who then posted by them for profit elsewhere.

Mr. Wantsomefun1951: Thank you for sharing your great stories with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved this story.

This is very similar to The Promise by Dreamcatcher. Which is one of my favorites. Loved this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You bastard....

You made me cry!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very well done.

A beautiful story around a real problem in our country.

MushyguyMushyguyabout 5 years ago
Beautiful story

I loved the characters, the flow, the dialogue, the scenes, the warmth, and everything else about this story. It’s the first I’ve read from wantsomefun1951, but be sure I’ll read everything else.

J_RReaderJ_RReaderover 5 years ago
Wonderfull Christmas story

It is Christmas time again, so time to read this (again). As my previous comment was three years ago I have decided to post again.

A wonderfull romantic story for Christmas, thank you.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
This was a great story and one of my rare 5 stars

It is similar to "The Promise" but still different enough to not really need to compare them. They are both awesome in their own rights.

I am always a sucker for a "Holly" kind of woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent Story

I disagree with illwind. I think this storyline is much better than Dreamcloud’s The Promise. The Promise appears to me as cheap made for TV movie plot. It appears to me to be very contrived when reading the story. Some guy’s wife dies and he makes up a song about her using Greensleaves melody for talent show. He wins the contest but he doesn’t care about that. He then attempts suicide but he is saved by a homeless man who helps him find redemption for his life. The entire storyline is not realistic. I find this story For the Love of Holly to be more realistic.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
where's the burning bitch?

Come on, doesn't he have connections in the IRA or some other TLA to get back at Marcy? Sniff sniff, I don't smell it. But, like, this was a rehash, or the other story was a rehash of this....I think I like the courage for suicide better than getting burned by a disgusting person.

Mojo648Mojo648almost 6 years ago
Nice.

This story was / is the best one I've read on the romance section, perfect.

illwindillwindabout 6 years ago

The dialogue was a little stiff. Well, if I'm really being honest, the dialogue was downright robotic at certain points. Just lacked the natural smoothness of real conversation.

Still, it was a pretty heartwarming tale. I probably would have enjoyed it even more if I wasn't comparing it to "The Promise" while I was reading it. Considering they are both romances set in soup kitchens it was a little hard not to though.

So while it might not quite compare with DreamCloud's similar tale, this was definitely still worth the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
beatiful story

Very well written and a very good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent story!

Well written with a good plot line. I noticed that there was an idiot anonymous who appears to have commented several times starting on 11/21/09. He/she appeared to be pissed off by this story. They seemed to make immature comments to rundown this story. I would suggest that the person who made these comments had a very low IQ. Their reasoning was very poor. I would think that he/she is a redneck who believes that these poor street people are just derelicts who just mooch off the government! These types of people have no grasp of reality. They look of out their rose coloured glasses and if they viewed one of these street people, they would immediately look in the opposite direction so as to ignore them! As a society, we should just feel sorry for these loser rednecks.

FromGrnMtnFromGrnMtnover 6 years ago
Amazing & inspiring

This was a joy to read. I loved the positive direction of the story and the slow meaningful development of the love story. This is my definitely one of the best stories I've read here.

Thank you.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017almost 7 years ago
Newbie thinks you rock

Thank you for a very delightful story and all the hard work to bring it to your readers.

North

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Can't remember when I have enjoyed a story as much, all the times I have read it.

My heading says it all. Too bad I can't give it a 20 at least.

SBarak1SBarak1about 7 years ago
What a Great Christmas Story

Well told. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerabout 7 years ago
Wonderful Tale!!!!!

I've loved this story ever since the very first time I read it, hence the reason it's in my "Favorites List", where it will remain. Keep up the great work.

MoogPlayer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent story

A very enjoyable and believable story. Also for once,a story without typo errors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Keeping the spirit alive

A perfect story that I stumbled upon at this time of the year. Loved it.. please keep weaving the magic! And happy holidays to you too!😊😊

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 7 years ago
Wonderful!!

I love a good love story, but this was very well written and heartfelt!! So with a sad heart I can 'only' give you 5 *'s. If I could there would have been more. This is the perfect Christmas story. Please keep writing!!

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Fantastic Christmas tale!

Fantastic and lovely Christmas Tale (but reading in October). I think I need to read again in December, and translated to my native language to my wife (if the author is no opposite), because she don't understand English.

Please, I want more stories like this!

5* for you.

I apologize for my English, is not my native language.

Crusader235Crusader235over 7 years ago
Feel good

Your story just makes one feel good! Thank you for it!

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
Will Reread This Story -- At Xmas.

Great absorbing little story. It is August now, but think I will read again it with a good glass of wine at Xmas time along with watching my DVDs of the Christmas Carol.

pcthronepcthroneover 7 years ago
Most lovely story i've ever read 5*'s

This is the most amazing & lovely story i've ever read.Each time i read it again i love it more & more. 5*'s are quite less for this amazing story.Love it very much.Deeply touched :)

-Pcthrone

arrowglassarrowglassover 7 years ago
I definitely agree...worth more than 5 stars!

Well thought...well written...well done!

bbcs0032bbcs0032over 7 years ago
Deserves more than 5 stars

I would give this story 10 stars if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent Story

Although it was 6 pages long, it didn't drag on. It was pulling me on to finish reading it. I couldn't stop reading until I had finished it. That is what makes a good story. The plot was very good. As for the idiot anonymous comments prior to 2011, I can confidently state that they are probably made by the same person on numerous occasions who has some sort of hatred to you and Eli's. Don't take these idiot(s) as being intelligent story reviewers. They are just jealous of your literary works.

oldguy32oldguy32almost 8 years ago
This is why we give

Fantastic story. A little bit of sex and lots of love. The more you give, the more you get back.

swampchuckswampchuckalmost 8 years ago
inspired

I showed this one to my girlfriend and I think you can guess what happened. Volunteer chuck at your service. Even after we split, I still help when I can. Please more like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
wowwwww

what an amazing story! Totally loved it <3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Unbelievably brilliant!

Greg and others had the same thoughts as I did. Reading it again I realized just how outstanding this is compared to others. 5 stars is not enough. A screenplay version of this would make a fantastic Christmas movie! You really hit it out of the park with this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
PERFECT IN EVERY WAY

You scored a touch down (hell you won the series) with this one. If I could give you 100 stars =100% . Well done! Love you all! Bye. Greg.

pc10pc10over 8 years ago
Excellent story

Read it fifth time.Love this story.How many times someone reads this story he'll never get bored.Quite Enjoyable story.Please keep writing such wonderful stories.Definitely in my favorite stories list & deserves 5*'s.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous