For The Whored: Beyond Ch. 42

Story Info
Calysta has a secret.
4.7k words
4.81
2.2k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, what does that make Wrathion to us?" Darguni watched the dragon fly away.

Elunara shrugged her shoulders. "Just another one of my projects, I guess."

"What about...?"

"Any children born will be my children, same as ever. They will just be your new sibling."

Darguni nodded. "Understood."

Tulani bit her lip. "How many did you agree to have?" She asked quietly.

Elunara shrugged again and nuzzled her cheek against Sinea's. "I may be immortal, and dragons live for thousands of years. There's really no telling."

"You plan on doing this more than once?" While he seemed calm, Jordan's voice betrayed his doubts.

"The smarmy dragon seems to think so, at the very least. I have yet to decide how grateful I am for his assistance in returning my children. In returning all the children. He did fight with us, as you well know."

"Yeah, but..."

"My body, my choice. I will decide if and when I give him more than already planned."

"Of course."

She laughed softly, rocking Sinea in her arms. "As he's already told me, he's a dragon, and as such, very greedy."

--

While the family made an effort to resume daily activity, Elunara found herself reluctant to move very far away from them. Logistically, she knew they were safe, emotionally, she was weighed down by the guilt. She hadn't been there. All of the protections in the world, all of the power she held, and her children and grandchildren had been snatched right out from under her. In the next room over no less. Tulani's words had hurt like a dagger to the chest, not just because who said it, but because of how true it had felt. What good was she, if she could not protect the ones she loved the most? Leaning against the door frame, Elunara watched Tulani work on her drawings. Emaline was asleep on a small cot by the bassinet where Sinea slept peacefully.

"You're thinking pretty loudly over there, my love." Tulani stood up and brushed her fingers over Elunara's hair.

"It's not important."

"Love, you know better than to lie like that."

"I couldn't... I couldn't protect them." A tear ran down Elunara's cheek.

"This is about what I said, isn't it?"

Elunara shook her head. "It is, and it isn't. You only voiced what I felt. Your emotions are higher on the surface, and I am more analytical and coolheaded. What you say in the heat of the moment is what I could not let myself feel until after the fact. But, ignoring that, why did you say Sinea was your only happiness?"

Tulani froze. "I- I said that?"

"You did."

Tulani almost didn't hear her. "Elunara! I- I'm so sorry! I don't know why I would say that!" Tulani stooped down at Elunara's feet. "My love, you bring me all the happiness in the world. You've given me so much. I wouldn't even have my baby if not for you. Yes, Sinea brings me endless happiness and joy, but it is you who showed me what happiness and joy could look like. Without you, I would be a shell, a husk, a... a..."

"Tulani. Sweetness." Elunara ran her thumb across the tears on Tulani's cheek. "I understand. I just... I didn't know why you said it. I- I began to wonder if... if maybe..."

Tulani grabbed Elunara's hand and pushed it to her cheek. "What, my love?"

With a sigh, Elunara looked away. Gathering her thoughts, she looked back at Tulani's upturned face. "I wondered if what I've been doing all this time had hurt you. If maybe my 'practices' were driving you away. Maybe you felt I didn't love you, or that maybe I wasn't devoting enough time to you."

Tulani closed her eyes and sobbed. "Oh, gods. That I would make you feel that way."

"Tulani."

Tulani wrapped her arms around Elunara's waist. "Oh, my love, my precious Elunara. I would never think that. You work so hard for me, all the time. I know you love me; I know how you feel and why you do what you do. I would never ask for you to stop."

Elunara dropped down to the floor. Brushing her hand over Tulani's hair, she sighed. "I would stop."

"No! Never! Not for me! Not ever! Do not change you for any reason, least of all me." Tulani wrapped her arms around Elunara's neck.

Elunara pulled her wife into her lap with a shuddering breath. "Thank you, my sweetness. You are the light of my life. I would never do anything to upset you or lose your love."

"You could never lose my love." Pressing her lips against Elunara's, she was desperate to convey her emotions.

Dancing her lips with her wife's, Elunara shared the same compulsion. Together they mated their tongues and danced their lips, hard and fast, showing a desperation neither had felt before. Threading fingers through hair, they devoured each other. Elunara ran her fingers down Tulani's neck and shoulders, down her side and to the bottom of the skirt. Tugging the skirt up, she slipped her hand inside and ran her fingers along the inside of the other woman's thigh. Going back further, she felt those soft hairs, brushing through them, until she reached the slick center folds. Pressing a finger in, Tulani gasped and wiggled against Elunara's attentions. Elunara reclaimed Tulani's mouth as she worked the finger up and around, pressing and rubbing on those spots that gave the most effect. A second finger matched the first.

Tulani's hands were buried in Elunara's hair, but she unwound one hand and began to move it downward. Tugging at the edge of Elunara' shirt, she pulled it up and leaned her head down, licking the top of her wife's breast. With her free hand, she lifted the breast and began to suck on the nipple. Elunara groaned and plunged her fingers deep into Tulani. Her tongue ran along Tulani's teeth. In and out she worked that tight hole around her fingers. Tulani's fingers trailed down further and went into Elunara's pants. Down the front she crushed into the hair, eager to bury her own fingers into her beautiful lover. Together they pumped their fingers in a wild desperate motion. Tulani gave in to the torment first. Gasping, she continued to work her fingers until that clamping heat gave way on her own fingers.

Elunara dislodged her hand and wrapped her arms around Tulani and buried her face in the other woman's neck. "It would destroy me if you stopped loving me."

"It would destroy me if you stopped being you for me. I love you more than life itself."

--

Lulu's entire body hurt, but she was determined to maintain her routine. Calysta walked beside her. "Are you certain you do not want me to carry your books?"

Lulu shook her head. "They're heavy, but I don't care. I won't change my routine because of a few aches and bruises."

"Such a strong woman you are." Calysta kissed her temple.

Lulu backed away half a step and blushed. "I still don't understand you."

"My pretty girl, I only wish to see you happy."

"And my happiness has been with Nara all this time." She sighed. "I still don't know that I can give you the affection you want. Or deserve."

Calysta took Lulu's hand. "It is enough that you would try. It is enough that you would be my friend. I have never had a true friend before."

"Why ever would that be?"

Tracing little patterns on the back of Lulu's hand, Calysta frowned. "Many think me odd. I speak unlike others. I was pushed out of my home by my parents as soon as I was old enough to care for myself. I sought out the warlocks because I wished to summon friends. Many, such as yourself and your father, do not like the warlocks, because of our reputation. I was best of my class. Many did not like me for that. I assume I held myself differently from other people too." She shook her head. "I approach my thirties, having not found a friend. I may be seven years older than you, my girl, but it is you, you who approached me without reserve, that I give my heart to."

Frowning down at their hands, Lulu shook her head. "I just wanted to know how to control my felhunter."

Calysta pulled Lulu's hand to her mouth. "No matter the reason." She pressed her lips to the hand.

Janella blinked at the by play from the door of the inn. With a cough, she stepped forward. "Lulu, what brings you my way?"

The heat slammed into Lulu's face, and she pulled her hand away. "I was coming to class."

Janella shook her head. "I'm sorry, Lulu." She rubbed her muzzle. "But you've learned all that I can teach you. Unless you are reconsidering the summoning and control of your succubus."

"Never!"

Janella spread her hands and sighed. "From this point on, the only way you can improve in the warlock class, is to adventure and level. You are beyond my teachings."

On the way back home, Lulu kicked a rock. "But I liked going to class!"

"Lulu..."

She opened her book and began to flip through. "There's got to be something in this stupid book I haven't read yet."

Calysta held out her hands. "Janella is right. Seeing your rotation and compliment of spells, I can tell you, you have all the knowledge in this book in your head. Not once did you look in the books to check your spells. You are indeed gifted. Mastery of these spells will come naturally to you."

"But I..."

"Have me now. I am a seasoned max level adventurer. I keep up with all the knowledge of the other warlocks. New spells, new rotations, new ways to calculate damage. Let me teach you."

"I- I need to talk to Abigail."

"Why?"

"I just do." Lulu turned for home.

At the house, she dumped her books on the table and marched out. "Please... don't follow me. I want to speak to my friend alone."

Calysta folded her hands in front of her skirt. "If that is what you wish."

At Abigail's house, Lulu knocked on the door.

Abigail peeked out of the door before throwing herself on to Lulu. "Oh, Lulu!"

"Ow. Ow, my everything still hurts."

Abigail slid off. "I'm so sorry. Please, come in, I'll get you some tea."

As Lulu stepped into the house, Zelinnia peeked around the corner of the living room. "Lulu! How are you feeling, hon?"

"A little sore is all."

Zelinnia came forward and put her hands on Lulu's arms. Softly running her hands up and down she frowned. "Elunara told us everything."

"Yeah, well, I'd rather not think too hard on it." Lulu sighed. "If you don't mind, I kind of wanted to talk to Abigail."

"Yes, yes. Of course." Zelinnia stepped back. "But, if you need me, let me know."

Abigail came out with a tea tray. Sitting the tray on the coffee table, she sat on the couch. "What's wrong?"

"Janella won't teach me anymore." Lulu sniffled. "She said if I want to continue on with being a warlock that I have to adventure to gain levels."

Abigail shook her head. "I know you hated it and wanted to quit. Why is this bothering you now?"

"Because I have to get stronger to control my outbursts around Nara."

"Then do that. Why come to me?"

"Because. After what you said the other day, about wanting us to adventure together..."

"Oh."

"I wanted us to be together. To run around adventuring together. I mean... I don't know how it would affect the baby if we tried."

Abigail rubbed her flat belly. "Momma says that adventuring doesn't hurt the baby until I'm too big to move. She says she knew many women who continued adventuring."

"But would you?"

Abigail's frowned. "I don't know yet." Her voice was quiet, reflective. "Mr. Masters told me today as well. I'm also beyond mage training at this point. I have no teacher."

Lulu sat on the couch by her cousin and closest friend. "What are we going to do?"

Abigail shook her head. "More like, what are YOU going to do? I'm pregnant, you're not."

"But, you just said..."

"I know what I just said. I'm still deciding if I even want to keep the child."

Lulu choked. "What?"

"I... I don't know if I want it."

"Oh, but Abigail..."

Tears sprang fresh and new on Abigail's face. "I just... I've always wanted children, but I wanted to have them with my husband. I wanted to have them with Grodan. But then he..." She rubbed her cheek. "I just don't know anymore. I'm afraid... I'm afraid that I'll see this baby and think of that horrible moment. That they will be a constant reminder of everything we had or could have had."

"Abigail, I—"

"I know the family philosophy. Never blame the child for the circumstances of their birth. But I'm not strong like the rest of the family. I couldn't... I don't know that I can love them."

"I can."

"What?"

"Abigail, listen to me. I know this is a horrible situation to be in, and in the end, it is always up to you. But know that if you have this baby and find you cannot love it, then give it to me and I can."

"You would do that?"

"I would raise the child with all the love they deserve."

"But what if I can't face the child? What if I could never be around you because I know where that child came from?"

"Then I would love you from afar."

"Huh?"

"I love you, Abigail. And I would do anything to see you happy. If you could not love this child," She put her hand on Abigail's stomach. "I would love them for you. If you could not see this child, then I would keep her from your sight."

"Her?" Abigail blinked down at Lulu's hand. "A little girl?"

Lulu paused and stared at her own hand. Furrowing her brow, she nodded. "Her. Definitely."

"I—" Abigail stood up rapidly. "I have to tell Momma."

"Come, cousin. Let's tell your family."

Abigail and Lulu went to Renwa's office. Zelinnia eyed her daughter with caution. "What's up, honey?"

"Momma... it's... it's a girl."

Zelinnia's hands flew to her face. "Oh, my gods! Think of the dresses!" She hesitated. "But you said..."

Abigail shook her head. "I still don't know if I will be able to love my child. But Lulu said that if I go through with this, she will take her."

"Lulu, that's very sweet of you."

Tears streamed down Abigail's face. "Oh, I've always wanted a little girl."

Lulu wrapped her arms around Abigail. "Then please, please keep her. Boy, Girl, ragamuffin, it doesn't matter, because they will always be your baby."

"I... I'll think about it."

"That's all I ask."

--

After the pair left, Zelinnia went to Renwa. He wrapped an arm around her waist. "I want to be happy for our daughter, but she carries so much sadness in her. If I ever see that bastard again..." Renwa balled his fist on the desk.

"We'll take turns killing him." Zelinnia snorted.

--

Lulu sighed and ran her hand up and down Abigail's back. "You know we all love you, no matter what you decide."

Abigail nodded. "I'm sorry, I know we didn't finish discussing why you came by."

Lulu raked her fingers through her hair. "Calysta is in love with me."

"Whoa, wait, what?"

"I even let her... you know, do that."

Abigail's mouth dropped open and her eyes bulged out. Her mouth moved for several moments before she choked. "I didn't think you were... uh..."

"I'm not sure I am."

"But, what about Nara?"

"He was there." Lulu's voice was grim.

"He. WHAT?"

"He told me that as long as I kept loving him, I could love whomever I want. He just wants me happy."

Abigail stumbled over to a chair and dropped down. "My brain hurts."

"You and me both. I can't believe I let her." Lulu dropped down on the couch. She buried her face in her hands. Scrubbing her hands on her face, she looked at Abigail, her cousin, her friend, her sister-in-law. "I love Nara. With every fiber of my being. Nothing can change that. I just don't know how I feel about Calysta. It's odd. I mean, I enjoyed myself. But it was not... it just didn't... well, to borrow a phrase from Papa Grogek, it didn't make my heart soar."

"Speaking of your parents... all six of them, have you talked to your mother?"

"No."

"Maybe you should." Abigail leaned on her knees and clasped her hands together. "I don't know why you came to me first."

"Because you're my best friend, and my husband is your brother." Lulu sighed and raked her fingers through her hair again. Tugging on the ends of her curls, she groaned. "I just don't know what to do. I even took Momma's usual advice, which is do and be done, and it just made my life more confusing!"

--

Lulu made her way to her mother's house. She had tried the yard, but everyone sent her down to Tulani's shop. The family had looked decidedly gloomy. Lydia sat on the platform and Susan stared at a blank canvas while their children clung to their skirts.

She pushed the door open to Tulani's studio and found the pair wrapped up in each other. "Oh! I'm sorry!" They looked up, and Lulu saw the tear-stained cheeks. "Forgive me, I should have knocked."

"Don't worry about it, Sweetest." Elunara untangled herself from Tulani and adjusted her shirt. After standing, she helped Tulani up. "We were done."

"Done?" Lulu felt the heat rising to her face. "Oh! Oh, I..."

"Did you need something?"

Lulu sighed and tugged at her curls. "Momma, I need to speak to you, I'm so confused. I- I took your usual advice and it didn't actually fix anything."

"My usual advice?"

Lulu quickly explained her situation.

Both Tulani and Elunara's eyebrows shot up through their hair. "And you say you feel nothing towards this girl?" Elunara's eyes narrowed.

"She is my friend. This much I know. But, momma, I don't like her like that. It's just... I don't know..."

"I'll kill her!" Elunara growled.

Lulu jolted back. "But why?"

"This is just like Bradley. I won't let this happen to another one of my family."

Lulu rushed forward and laid her hands on Elunara's arm. "No, wait, mother. It's not the same. I swear. She's not casting spells on me. I can walk away if I want to. I just don't know if that's how I feel about her."

Elunara examined Lulu's face. She snarled. "I'm testing her. I won't risk it."

Tulani sighed. "Elunara is right. After what happened to poor Bradley, this Calysta girl must be tested. She could be using spells on you that you don't sense. Bradley didn't understand what was happening to him until after the fact."

Lulu frowned. "But she's my friend. I know this. She told me I was her only friend. I don't want to drive her away."

"Lulu, if she is really your friend... if she truly cares for you, then she will understand. Have you told her about Bradley?"

"I told her about my father."

Elunara's face twitched. "We go no further until I can test her. Tuly, can you watch Emaline? I want to do this sooner rather than later."

Tulani looked over at the sleeping children. "I can watch her."

Elunara nodded. "Let's do this."

Lulu led the way back to her home. Opening the door, she eyed the pair of felhunters sleeping in the floor. Calysta was at the stove, cooking and humming. She looked back. "Oh! Pretty girl, I was just making lunch."

"Calysta, I need to talk to you."

"Anything. Moment. Lunch is almost done." She pulled the pan off the heat. It was then she noticed a decidedly unhappy Elunara standing behind Lulu. "Is something the matter?"

"Please, let's sit." Lulu sat at the kitchen table.

Calysta adjusted her skirts and sat down. Elunara leaned against the door and stared holes through Calysta.

"Did I do something wrong?"

With a sigh, Lulu began explaining about what happened to her brother Bradley. As the explanation continued, Calysta's back straightened tighter and tighter. "Is he alright?"

"This was a few years ago. He's married to a woman now."

Calysta released some of the tension in her body but bit her lip. "Why tell me now? I mean, I want to know all about your family, but why tell me this right this moment?"

"Because you're doing the same thing to my daughter right now." Elunara narrowed her eyes.

Calysta jolted backwards and swept out of her chair, backing into a wall, she shook her head with violence. "Never!"

Lulu looked to her mother for a moment. Looking back at Calysta she frowned. "Actively?"

"No! Never! My pretty girl, I would never!" Tears streamed down her face. "Please... Why would you think such a thing?"

12