For Veronica's Sake Ch. 05

Story Info
Hot Date... For one.
9.3k words
4.65
6.7k
3
4

Part 5 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/17/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 5

Hot date... for one...

It was Saturday morning and I found myself alone in bed, waking up to the smell of fresh coffee which was a treat, seeing how I'm the one who is usually up first putting on the morning brew, long before Veronica has to be up. It was part of our routine and it was also something I liked to do for her, like brushing the snow off of her car in winter...

"Morning Vee! You're up awful early on a Saturday, couldn't sleep for some reason?" I asked as I came into the kitchen to find Veronica rushing around, she was cleaning...

"I know... I couldn't sleep, and boy did this kitchen need cleaning, I've been letting stuff like this go around here, I'm sorry for that Dana"... She said back to me while rushing to take off her rubber gloves then pulling out a broom to start sweeping.

Right away I knew what was going on with her... She was guilt-cleaning...

"Come here Vee, put that down down and come talk to me"... I said to her while taking the broom from her and setting it aside while having her sit with me at our kitchen table...

"Listen, I can see you're nervous, and I know you tend to clean when something's bothering you. Are you having second thoughts about going out tonight?" I asked after sitting her down and refilling her cup...

"Well, yes...and no... Oh I don't know what to think"... She began, sounding rather unsure and flustered really... "I do want to go... I love the idea of letting my hair down and having some fun, but then I think about what were doing... I mean, I'm married, but I'm going on a date with another man, with our best friend"...

Hearing her say that took me back a second...

"You think Reg is 'our' best friend? Is that how you see him?" I asked, not that it was hugely important, I'd just never heard her refer to him like that before as 'our best friend'...

"Well, yeah sure... You guy's are practically like brothers, you're that close... So I'll call him a 'best-friend' or he's certainly one of them"... She answered but I understood, as I told her.

"Oh I know baby... Don't get me wrong, I think it's wonderful for you to see him that way... Like we say, it's kinda of important we all get along, and it's nice to hear you say stuff like that"... I said to her as we both paused then with me thinking of having her look at this a little differently...

"So, if you're nervous, and we're all 'just-friends'... Why even call it a 'date'?"... I asked as she looked at me a little puzzled...

"What I'm saying is... If you ask me baby... Calling it a 'date' adds too much pressure... So why don't we just say you and 'your' best friend are going out dancing tonight? Does that help take the edge off?"... I asked trying to make her feel better and it seemed to, she was glad that I was thinking so level-headed... But to be honest, I was just as nervous as she was...

This was all freaking me out just as much, but I also knew that I needed to be there to support her... Hell, I even asked if she wanted to back out...

"Or if you're that unsure, you know you can cancel... I'm sure Reg will understand"... I said to her but the look she gave me, it was like backing out wasn't an option for her, or one that she'd never seriously considered...

"What? No... I couldn't do that to him, I'd never be able to face him again... No, I'm going, I want to go... I'm just nervous about how you're going to think and feel... Also? What are you going to do with yourself while were out? You know we could be late, like when we all went out the last time, we didn't back till like 3am that night"...

Smiling I could see her doing it again, getting herself worked up over small stuff and looking for excuses. It was almost like she was waiting for me to be the one to tell her not to go, but I kind of felt the same, I wanted her to go, but neither did I want any awkward tension with Reg... I was fine, but I knew Veronica would feel bad every time she saw him, which would be quite often considering he lives on our land...

"Don't you worry about me, I'll be fine on my own" I started saying to her... "Between TV and the internet, I should be able to keep myself entertained... And!" I added sounding excited... "And... I get order a pizza with pineapple!" I adding joking again to break some of the tension, because she hates pineapple on pizza... I love it, and I don't care what anyone thinks...

"Oh well, doesn't that make me feel a whole lot better"... She answered sarcastically as I stood putting my cup in the sink and taking up the broom I continued from where she'd left off, sending her to the showers after suggesting something that seemed to perk her up...

"Hey look, it's after 9am, the mall opens at 10... Why don't you grab a shower and we'll head over, pull out Mr. Visa card and maybe look for a new dress"... I said turning and smiling as she did the same...

"Really?" She asked looking much brighter, happier...

"Yeah sure, and you can go see Shirley too if you like"... I added mentioning her stylist but then crinkling her nose at me she looked a little leery on that one...

"Yeah... That's a good idea, but Sheila is a bit gobby, and she has this way of getting stuff out of me. I'd be afraid I'd say something, so I shouldn't"... She answered but again, I had to let her know that she wasn't doing anything wrong...

"Ahh... Who cares what Sheila thinks? Remember. You're not doing anything wrong, you're just going dancing with a friend"... I let her know as she rose and turned to head up for her shower.

"Yeah! A 'guy' friend... A very 'hot' guy friend... So no... I just need a set; I'll see if I can get in at hairdressers in the mall... You don't mind waiting for me?" She asked and I was cool with that, I had some things I needed to pick up as well.

"Yeah, I'm good... I need a few things, we can split up for a while, you can text me when you're ready... How's that sound?" I suggested and she smiled and nodded while turning away, heading up stairs, which left me with a kitchen to tidy up...

***

The mall was torture... Or it was for me after finishing my rounds, I found myself with time to wander and window shop. I thought about going for a beer in the one of the restaurants, but it was still early...

After a while I didn't know what to do with myself, until later rather than sooner, Veronica finally emerged from the hairdressers with a new and amazing look that had me doing double and triple takes all the way home...

"Wow!" I gasped upon seeing her...

"You cut you're hair! I thought you were just having it set?"... I asked standing there, stunned with this new look of hers, and from where the idea came from? I had no idea, but there she was with her hair cut short... Very short... Cut with a trimmer up one side leaving her blond hair almost scalp short on her left with the rest of her hair sweeping over in longer, styled fringe at the front.

It was such a different look for her, and I was nearly beside myself, but man! Did she look fantastic... Incredible even... She really looked stunning...

"Do you really like it? I wasn't sure... I've never had my hair this short before, and I'm kind nervous about it"... She asked sounding like she felt, vulnerable I suppose...

"I love it Vee, it looks amazing, and so do you...Seeing you like this makes me wish I was the one taking you out tonight! Hey, did you wanna grab an early lunch?"... I said to her wanting to reassure her, but saying that at the end, wishing I was the one going out with her, it did garner a look...

"Yeah sure, I don't know if I'll eat much later so okay, and thank you by the way, I needed to hear that"... She said back smiling now and feeling better as I kissed her cheek and took her arm as we made for one of restaurants in the mall.

"Umm? Dana can I ask you something?"... She said once we'd been seated and placed our orders...

"Yeah sure, you can ask me anything, you know that"... I answered, taking her hand across the table and looking into her eyes. She looked so different with her hair short, but I loved it just as much as I loved her...

"How come you're so okay with this?"... She asked then and honestly, I felt like I was on the back foot all of a sudden, the reality of what we were doing coming back...

"I'm sorry baby... I know we've talked about this, and we're okay with having a little fun, but sometimes I don't understand, or maybe I forget but... I don't know? But, what is it that makes you want this?"

Thinking, I didn't have a one line or definitive answer. Her question made me feel weak as a husband, and even I was having second thoughts, but I tried not to get too defensive...

"You know? I ask myself that same question all the time? I wonder if there's something wrong with me... But when I think of it like 'why' I'm doing it? As opposed to how? Like 'how' a guy can have these fantasies of his wife getting close to someone else...and other things? I don't know... I guess I just think of you being happy Vee, that's what I want more than anything, is for you to be happy"...

We'd been through the whole 'I can't please you' thing a million times, even though I knew that I did please her and we did have a great sex life, but still... It was there, I knew she craved more and subliminally or whatever, I did get off on the whole 'cuckold' aspect or the idea of it anyway.

It was confusing when I thought about to too much, and like I'd said to Veronica... I was a psychiatrists dream client... But I didn't want to get bogged down in the muck and mire of it all... I just wanted us to have fun... Or let her have fun, how ever that came about...

"Sorry if I'm being vague, just saying I want you to be happy, I'm sure there's much more to this, but I also know that if I think about it, I really start second guessing myself so, let's just leave all that crap behind for now huh? Let's just try to enjoy this, and take it for what it is"... I added but I didn't think I was any farther ahead with her as she asked me then...

"That's what I don't understand Dana... What is this?"...She asked, but all I could do was let her know that we were just 'us' trying to live our lives.

"And you know we still don't have to do this... You and I can go out... Hey, were you going to show me that dress? or do I have to wait?" I asked trying to reassure her again while also trying to change the subject before we did end up talking ourselves out of this... Whatever 'this' was...

"No! You can't see my dress! But seriously? I still want to go... I feel guilty as hell, but you're right... We're just living our lives -- our way... I like how you said that, and yeah it isn't anyone else's business but ours so, okay, I'll try and not 'over-think' this as you say... I know Reg will be able to tell if I'm not comfortable... Do... Do you think he'll like my hair?" She said to me letting me know that she did want to go out with Reg, and I was glad to hear her asking me if she thought he'd like her hair. It told me she was still interested...

"Baby, he's gonna love you"... I said back to her as we walked out of the restaurant holding hands...

***

Of course Veronica was a mess the rest of the afternoon, and to be honest, I was no better. We didn't see Reg during the day, his car was gone, so that was kind of good... I mean it's not like anyone was being avoided, I think his not being around added more to the mystery of this thing, and I know I would have been tongue-tide if we were to run into each other...

"Oh Wow! Hot wife is right!"... I said as Veronica finally came downstairs, her eyes looked nervous but the rest of her was 'Mee-owww!' She was hot...and the dress!

"You think so? Do you like my dress? It's not too short is it? I wanted something that sparkles, and I thought this was kind of cute"... She asked while explaining her very short but stunning, hot, deep red all sequined dress... A strapless little thing that left her creamy white shoulders bare, the low bodice hardly able to contain her big tits out in front of her, held up high and presented so beautifully in her strapless push up bra...

"Baby you look amazing! And no, your dress isn't too short, it's stunning... You look like one of those flapper girls from like the 1920's, I love it! Trust me, you're gonna kill it out there on the dance floor"... I said to her, boosting her up as much as I could without gushing.

She did look gorgeous in the red sequins with her matching high heels, and with her hair cut the way it was, short with that buzz-cut up the one side, everything looked so different on her but damn! She was hot...

Part of me wanted to say things like I wished I was going, but of course I didn't want to sound anyway forlorn, like a sad sack feeling sorry for myself... I knew she was still on edge, but then ending our conversation, and surprising us both, we looked to one and other, our eyes growing wide as we heard Reg tapping on our patio door signalling that he was here, and this... This was it!

***

"Oh hey! Hi Reg, come on in buddy... You're dance partner is all ready for you... How does she look? Seems I didn't do too bad in the old wife department huh?"... I said to him hoping he couldn't hear the nervousness in my voice as I opened the sliding glass door, letting him in...

Smiling at him, I watching as he stepped through the door, it was easy to see that he was indeed dressed like he was going out, wearing a pair of black pressed trousers with an ivory white pinstriped shirt, open in front showing off some of his pecs when he moved...

Stepping in as I made my nervous introduction, Reg merely nodded as he looked through me, saying hello and giving me a weak handshake... Once he'd set eyes on her... Reg's attention immediately turned to Veronica...

"Yeah... Uhh hey Dana... Yeah she looks great"... He said stepping past me...

"Wow Vee... What can I say? You look absolutely ravishing... I told you that you'd look good with short hair, you look fantastic, I'm so honoured"... Reg said to her as he dropped my hand and was over to her in a second, moving in front of her as she stood there by the kitchen island looking shy but sexy as all hell, dressed to the nine's and ready for her night out with her 'friend'...

I did however pick up on him saying she'd look good with short hair, saying it in an 'I told you so' sort of way... He wasn't being mean about it of course, but it did make me wonder... Was Reg the one who had suggested she get it cut short?... and then she did so?...without telling me?

Watching as he stepped up to her, and taking her hand, he kissed her cheek with her eyes flicking to me and then quickly away, back to Reg as she blushed, yet still, she was smiling...

"Wow... I don't know what to say? I feel under-dressed, but this isn't about me, you're the star of this show tonight Vee, and so if the lady would like to take my arm? Your carriage awaits"... He said to her, making a gallant gesture, bending at the waist and offering her the crook of his arm...

"Oh really? My carriage? Is it a limo or an Uber?"... Veronica asked as she slipped her hand in, taking Reg's muscular arm and making it look natural as we laughed a little with her questioning just what type of carriage he had awaiting...

"Okay, you got me... It's an Uber, but it's a nice one... I made sure"... Red replied as we all chuckled once again, taking away some of the pressure we were all feeling. Or I knew I was anyway...

"Well... This is where things get real huh?" I asked with the three of us all walking out to our front door... I was trying to be funny, but they both went quiet... "Hey! I'm only kidding! You two go have a great time, and stay out late, I'll be fine"... I added then trying to reassure them both once again with Veronica asking me one last time...

"You sure you'll be okay? I feel so bad going out and leaving you here..." She added, and for one last time, I let her know...

"Hey, listen... For the millionth time baby go... Go have fun, and think of it this way... If I went with you and sat in a noisy club, you'd feel even worse out on the dance floor knowing I'm stuck at a table all by myself hating how loud it was... At least this way, I can do whatever I want... I might even go sit in the hot tub and chill out under the stars"... I said to her as Reg chipped in agreeing and telling me where he's left the weed if I wanted any...

"Yeah man, I cleaned the hot tub this morning and hey, there's some bud in a baggie there too, if you wanna smoke anything, be my guest... Remember what's mine is yours man"... He said to me, and I almost came back saying the same, but I held my tongue thinking of what that would imply in regard to what we were doing...

"Hey that sounds cool... Beer, pizza, a joint, and a hot tub... Hell, I'm kinda glad you guys are going out... So go have fun, and don't worry about me, like I said... I'll be fine"...

Saying this to her one last time as I kissed Veronica on the lips and damn did she smell good up close... Then with Reg shaking my hand again, and meaning it this time, he said thanks once more as they walked out with his hand placed on the small of her back, leaving me at the front door with the two of them walking down our driveway.

"Hey! I'll text you later okay?"... Veronica called back, but as I thought of it, I told her otherwise...

"No, turn your phone off baby... That way you won't worry or have to feel like you need to check in with me... Please, just go have a good time, I know how you're feeling, but you'll see... Have a few drinks, go wild, that's what this is about right? So don't worry about me okay?"... I said back to her at a louder volume with them half way down our long gravel driveway, as Veronica turned then saying "Okay' with Reg holding her door open, helping her into the back of their Uber, a nice sized black Mercedes...

Watching the car drive away, vacantly I was left thinking to myself that he was right... It was a 'nice' Uber.... But then with the truth and realization washing over me, I did feel an ominous chill hitting me, one of those...'My God! What have we started?' kind of feelings...

Try to calming myself, as I had been trying to do with Veronica all day, I focused on what I had planned for the night, and it started with me ordering my large Hawaiian pizza...

Once off the phone, and knowing I had some time, I cracked a beer and headed over to the hot-tub area to finds the weed Reg had left, figuring I'd roll up my 'dessert' to be had later in the evening...

It was nice out, so I also brought my lap top thinking I might do a little work, but more than this, I was looking for anything at all that would keep me distracted and stop me from thinking too much.

I knew it was going to be hard, but at least it was better than bouncing off the walls all night thinking, wondering and speculating, imagining every possible scenario I could think of, ending of course with them doing it, or if not, they would be doing 'something' at least.

So, like half an hour later, I had my pizza out on the deck with my beer where I did manage to kill some time getting a few thing tidied up with work... But when I looked to the clock on my lap top, I was disappointed to see that not even two hours had past since they left...

It was a bit of a bummer, and with it starting to get dark, I decided to head in and get away from the mosquitoes until they died off in few hours.

Flipping the TV channels around and finding nothing, I thought of maybe watching some porn and having a wank to relieve some pressure, but I didn't want to go there just yet... It was only like 9:30pm by this point, and I knew I still had long night in front of me.

Finding myself becoming a bit board and restless, of course my mind did wander, picturing the two of them, wondering where they were, and what they were doing... I could only imagine they'd be having dinner to start...