For Want of a Nail

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Both laughed at that mental image.

Valarie, the trainer, then said, "I think we are done here today. I've been told I have tomorrow off."

"Yes, Val. Junior's birthday is this evening. After he blows out his candles, he gets to unwrap me and then I am his for the rest of the week."

"You have my sympathies."

"I like him better than his father. The kid needs a softer touch than his dad will ever possess. He's a major dweeb, but he has a good heart. It will actually be a good thing for him to lose his cherry to someone like me. A girl his own age would laugh at him, kill what little self-esteem he has entirely. I'm not expecting much from him but as for me; I will rock his world!"

"You are so strong, Magda -- no way I could put up with being a slave."

"It could be worse. Carter could be whoring me out to his buddies. As it is he is just content to show me off in skimpy outfits and boast about how great I am in the sack. I had an old boyfriend who thought and acted the same way -- he was worse than Carter, actually. I was too young then to realize how manipulative and controlling he was. When I did wise up, I dumped him lickety-split! Looking back on it now though, my jerk of an ex gave me the ammunition I need today to deal with Carter."

"Even so, it must be hard."

"Amen to that, Val!"

She continued to pump weights.

"The thing is he's not the Neanderthal I want him to be. I could deal with a caveman. Carter gives me just enough rope to frustrate me. He likes to talk and cuddle afterward when I just want to be done with him. His compliments seem genuine, and he has tried to make it so that I, if not like him, am at least comfortable in his presence. He gives me space when I need it, which I appreciate. Materially, I'm living better than I ever have. I'm like a trophy wife without the ring, the freedom, or the prenup. Since I ran the books for my husband when I was free, he allows me to manage the household budget, so long as I document every expense. The money I save he lets me keep for the day I'm emancipated. In the meantime, I can use it to buy anything I like so long as I remember to include gifts for him and Junior as well. He's solid steel in most places but just cuddly enough in others."

"I see you have given this a lot of thought, Magda."

"Thinking is the one thing I can do without his interference."

"It could be worse; he could be a drunk who likes to beat up women."

"Very true, Val. He likes to get me high on occasion and I don't really mind that. A bit of cocaine, expensive pot, designer drugs? Enough of that and Carter becomes almost a movie star!"

Valerie guffawed.

"He limits me there as well. One he doesn't want to make me an addict, and two, more importantly; he doesn't want me pulling too far from him emotionally and physically. He really does want me looking into his eyes while he is on top of me with at least a hint of passion."

"You are a better woman than me -- I could never do that!"

"Your life doesn't depend upon it, Val."

"For which I am eternally grateful."

At this point, Carter strode into the gym room and stated, "Magda, it's time for your bath!"

"Coming, sir!"

Carter turned to face Valerie. "I want to thank you for the stupendous job you are doing keeping my property in shape. There will be a bonus in your paycheck this week."

"Thank you, Mr. Carter."

"Do you mind seeing yourself out? I have somewhat of a tight schedule with Magda."

"No problem, sir." The older woman exited the gym.

"How was your workout, gal?"

"Intense!"

"I love the glow that perspiration gives you."

"It also makes me smell."

"Not that I've noticed."

There was a moment of silence before Carter continued.

"After your bath, it's a trip to town to get your hair and nails done and we'll swing by the bakery to pick up the cake."

"I could have baked a cake, you know, sir."

"I'm sure you can, sweetie, but probably not as elaborate as the one I ordered. It will look like his game system and its controllers. The time it would take you to make a comparable one is better spent getting you pretty for tonight's party."

"Yes, sir."

She allowed him to take her hand and lead her to the master bathroom off the bedroom she shared with him. By now he was used to what temperature she liked her bath water. He adjusted the taps accordingly. While the tub filled, he began to undress her. This day he had selected a Black Canary costume. He had to admit, this was one of his favorites. The fishnets and the tight bodice! If he was Oliver Queen, he'd never let Dinah Lance out of bed! Carter adored comic books, it was one of the few things he had in common with his son and the issue they bonded over most. He remembered a sequence in the Birds of Prey where the Black Canary tried to take down a kidnapping ring. She was knocked out by one of the bad guy's henchmen who then said, "Take her valuables." Cut to Dinah waking up on a cot in the villain's prison camp clad in just a pair of tiny shorts and a crop top! The off-the-page implications as to what had been done to the female superhero while unconscious never failed to make Carter hard. His mind painted wonderful pictures of the Black Canary being stripped down to her birthday suit and left naked for who knows how long before being dressed and deposited on the bunk! Those henchmen sure enjoyed some great fringe benefits!

That scenario was playing in his mind as he had Magda raise one leg so that he could remove her black ankle boot. The other boot followed. Magda had not put back on the leather jacket that was the Black Canary's trademark, so Carter tugged down the zipper that closed the tight bodice. It sagged away from Magda's frame. He tugged it and the rest of the one-piece costume off, leaving Magda in just her fishnets, panties, and sports bra. He unclasped the brassiere. Magda made no move to conceal herself. By now she had a completely blasé attitude at being naked in front of her enslaver.

"Stripping you never gets old, gal."

"You might feel differently next week. Seven days of me being dressed and undressed by your son might alter that feeling."

"I'm willing to take that chance," he replied as he tugged at the waistband of the fishnets. He tugged them down and off her long shapely legs. The white panties quickly followed. Carter drank in the loveliness of the woman that was his for the next decade. Who says money can't buy happiness? He mused. This thought was followed by the Beatles had it right, what money can't buy, I can't use!"

Magda slipped into the tub. Truth be told, she did not mind being bathed by the otherwise unremarkable man. At bath times, his personality changed significantly for the better. He was gentle and solicitous of her. His hands were firm and almost loving as they washed all parts of her below her chromium and composite collar. Usually, he put on music and sang romantic ballads as he bathed her. His singing voice was rather nice, almost professional. This William Carter, the one who gave her baths, was a lovely person. If only that loveliness could extend to other areas of their shared lives.

Magda sighed. Her fate was not hers. Carter had become just tolerable everywhere else. He was adequate, but no more in the bedroom, even if he did manage to get her off with some regularity. He was a firm but ultimately fair master. Magda's lot could have been a lot worse.

"When Junior's week is over, the two of us are off on a master/slave cruise of the Caribbean. Three weeks of sun, fun, and relaxation."

"Thant you, sir."

"It's the least I can do. Besides, I'm overdue for a vacation. Junior will be away at science camp, so he will be out of our hair."

"That would be nice."

"Yeah, I love the little shit, but he is annoying."

"Maybe if you tried to get to know him..."

We're too much un-alike. Aside from comic books and discussing the physical attributes of various female superheroes, we have little in common and that's OK. I just want him to have the confidence boost that getting laid at the right age by the right woman can give him."

"Mmmmhmm," replied Magda, hoping that the conversation would progress elsewhere. Even though it was inevitable, she was still not quite resolved to the task she was expected to perform. What she needed was several hours of privacy to prepare herself, but she knew that she would not be extended that nicety.

"Much as we both enjoy bath time, sweetheart, I'm going to have to hurry things along if I am to get you to hair and nail place on time."

He pulled the plug as Magda stood up. Carter dried her off with surprising gentility and dressed her in a matching aqua bra and panties and garter, black stockings, a short burgundy dress, and low matching heels. Carter always dressed Magda more demurely when he took her to the spa. It was as though he was afraid of revealing himself as a perv before a female audience. They drove in his expensive car to the downtown spa. Carter was a good driver who enjoyed the task, so he usually did the job himself. He drove with a hand resting on Magda's nylon-clad leg.

"You'll love the outfit I picked out for the party. It's not entirely slutty."

Magda died a little more inside. The drive was not especially long. It was a beautiful July day, with unseasonably mild temperatures, sunlight streaming down, and the promise of an even better day tomorrow. The car was parked in a downtown parking garage an easy walk's distance from the spa. He held her hand like the boyfriend or husband he was not.

"Hello, ladies!" he announced once they were through the front door. "My gal needs the works from hair to toes." It still bothered Magda that Carter rarely used her name. It was his subtle way of dehumanizing her. Usually, she was "Gal, or Babe, or simply, Woman." She, however, was expected to refer to him as "Sir" or "Mr. Carter" every time. Failure to do so resulted in punishment. Punishment was her breathing cut off, a severe spanking, or both. The results both infantilized and infuriated her. Nothing, not even the collar around her neck reinforced the fact that she was property and lived at the will of another.

It was decided that Magda's hair would be done first. Carter undressed her. Magda slid into the chair and the beautician placed a drape over her. Carter described what he wanted. Although Magda was every inch the redhead, Carter wanted her locks with just a bit of more color than nature gave her, both above and below. After tinting the hair on her head, the chair was tilted back, the drape raised and Magda's nethers were dyed as well. From there, she moved on to a body wax, and finally, all twenty nails were done up in hooker red. Despite being tarted up for a reason that made Magda queasy, she enjoyed her idyl at the spa. She was a regular customer and had a fantastic rapport with the girls who worked there. They laughed and joked all day while Carter, having left detailed directions to the staff, settled himself in the cigar bar next door. Magda didn't mind that indulgence by Carter; her husband Joe was a cigar man as well and the smell of expensive cigars on Carter's breath and clothes always brought back good yet bittersweet memories.

He returned just as Magda had finished dressing. He planted a kiss on Magda's lips and exclaimed, "Wonderful work as always, ladies!" As usual, he distributed massive tips, which may or may not have been a reason why Magda was held in such high esteem by the staff of the spa. They passed a jewelry store on the way to the parking garage. Carter encouraged her to enter it. "I know, I'm asking a big thing of you, gal. Buy anything you like."

"A bribe, sir?"

"Call it an incentive. If Junior issues a good report on your time with him, when we are on vacation, another stop at the jewelry is in your future."

Magda left with emerald studs, an emerald choker that could be worn above her collar, and an emerald brooch.

"Nice choice, gal, they bring out your eyes so well."

"Thank you, sir."

From there it was off to the car and then the specialty bakery on the other side of town. The cake was indeed far more elaborate than one Magda could have assembled in a day. The fact that the cake was shaped like an expensive game system reminded Magda anew about just how young, naive, and inexperienced was the birthday boy.

Before returning home, Carter pulled in at a fancy restaurant. "The kids are having pizza and junk food tonight. I think we both can use something more substantial ahead of time and, to be honest. I love showing you off in public. Your collar tells every guy and gal there that I own you and you can't say know. Two minutes after we enter, everyone in that place will be imagining you naked and horizontal as well as considering me the luckiest bastard on the planet."

Magda swallowed her sigh. She knew from past excursions in public that Carter had spoken the gospel truth. The food and atmosphere were fabulous. One gentleman sent a drink to Magda. He was a handsome businessman in a designer three-piece suit. He nodded at Magda as she raised her glass in his direction. "Why couldn't I be owned by you?" he read clearly in her eyes. For months and months afterward, the businessman would remember Magda's beauty and plaintive longing with an almost painful piquancy.

As they drove home, Carter confided, "I'm going to miss you, gal. My bed will be mighty cold for a week."

Magda made no visible or audible reply.

Carter droned on, "I'm a great father in giving him you. What that boy needs more than anything is confidence. He's better looking than me (Thank God!), he has a great car and should have no trouble sparking interest from girls, but he is completely clueless as to how to even talk to a woman."

"Perhaps that will change."

"It better, gal. It better!"

They arrived home. Carefully, Carter brought the cake into the kitchen. Junior was out with friends watching a superhero movie marathon in a nearby movie theater Carter rented for the day. Most of the teens and young people went in costume with Junior going as Iron Man. While his father's wealth could have provided him access to a top-of-the-line, professionally made costume, Junior had insisted on making his own out of tin plating, paper mâché, and LEDs. It was somewhat dorky-looking but endearing. Just like Junior, thought Magda. William Carter, Junior had hidden talents that his father didn't seem to appreciate or understand. If only he would try! Working on the costume should have been a shared effort, an attempt for father and son to bond and grow closer together. However, Carter, Sr. didn't see the point of making your own ersatz superhero duds when costume stores existed.

Magda had learned in her time in the Carter house that father and son looked at comic books, their shared passion, in vastly different ways. With Carter, it was almost entirely voyeuristic. He adored feminine curves identified with Lex Luthor and would be firmly on his side whenever he captured Supergirl. Indeed, Carter, Sr. would be giving the arch-villain tips on how he should torment the maid of might -- after he got her out of her costume first, of course! Carter had done that very thing with her. Tying her to the bed while she was dressed as Wonder Woman or another superheroine, cutting off her costume and cackling like a grade Z villain. His fucking her on those nights was especially fervid. Fortunately, the branding irons and other items of torture he produced to compel the bound superheroine to spill her guts were only props. Carter saw her as an expensive asset and would never consider marring her skin or drawing blood. The dildos and strap-on were real enough, however, and with judicious use of them, Carter could get Magda to confess to really being Diana Prince or Selina Kyle, or any other spandex-clad superheroine. The only reason Carter didn't do this more often was because good costumes cost good money and, despite his wealth, Carter was, in some ways, amazingly cheap.

Junior on the other hand, dreamed of being a superhero. He saw the solution to all his problems as a superpower. If he had been bitten by a radioactive spider, Junior was positive, he would have none of the problems of Peter Parker and would also be able to actually talk to girls. This mindset is why he saw his son's efforts at hands-on costume building as a waste of time. Magda on the other hand, saw it as endearing and proof that the boy had character. She wondered about the lad's mother. Carter had striven to eradicate even the memory of her from his own and his son's life, yet the winning aspects of Junior's personality must have come from her. Perhaps that was most drove father from son, the echoes of the woman they both once loved.

Carter grabbed a garment bag from the front closet. I had this delivered a few days ago. Junior and his friends will be here any minute. Why don't you slip into my bedroom and get into this? It includes everything, including accessories.

There was a lump in Magda's throat as she climbed the stairs. So far, her interactions with Junior had been non-threatening, even pleasant. Carter had been serious about Junior not seeing too much of her until after his birthday. Poolside found her in a modest one-piece rather than a bikini or, if Carter had his preference, her birthday suit. Carter didn't want his "surprise" spoiled by the son scoping out too much of Magda before showtime. Well now, the curtain was about to go up!

She locked the door behind herself and set the garment bag on the bed. Inside was a white dress with a very short skirt. White fishnet nylons with seams up the back, and white shoes. Under all of it, a white, red-trimmed Victoria's Secret wet dream. Capping it all was a bridal garter festooned with tiny balloons and valentines that read "Happy Birthday." Everything was filmy and suitable for a bridal trousseau of a new bride with a conservative bent whose beau had never seen her unclothed before. The father certainly did understand his son's psyche -- at least to an extent. Magda sighed, shivered, and shucked her clothes.

Although she looked fine in the dress, Magda thought that it would look more appropriate on a younger woman, one closer to Junior's age. Magda felt that a woman of her years would not dress in something so short unless they were freshly divorced and was trying her luck as a cougar at the bar near the university. With a start, Magda realized that that was exactly what she had become!

She adjusted the dress. She applied the traces of cosmetics she needed to look stunning and considered her reflection. She hadn't popped a cherry since her prom date confessed his prue status at the after party. Just like that night, she would be in control from the outset. Junior was like that prom date in some ways physically, but quite a bit nerdier. Carter knocked on the door. She immediately ran to open it as Carter detested when she locked him out of a room and never failed to punish her if she did not immediately open it.

His expression turned from gruff to delighted as he drank in all of her. "You look perfect. The perfect woman if you will."

Magda allowed the ham-handed compliment to wash over her.

"Junior's friends are starting to arrive. You need to be visible and sexy. I want every kid there dreaming about fucking you tonight."

Magda knew that most of the "friends" invited to the party were little more than acquaintances of Junior who happened to attend his school. He had few close true friends.

Magda looked at him with a blank expression.

He smiled anew and stated, "Lighten up! No frowns -- it will spoil your makeup."

He grasped Magda's hand and led her downstairs.

There was a momentary lull in the room's buzz when Magda was led in. All the teen boys eyeballed her head to toe and the teen girls jealously gave her the stink eye. Magda felt just like a side of beef passing in front of the United States Department of Agriculture graders.