Foreign Correspondent Ch. 01

Story Info
A Steam Punk non-consent BDSM story.
8.4k words
4.32
19.8k
10

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/13/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cgraven
cgraven
66 Followers

Jonas Pincheon had his doubts about the young copy girl he had hired a month ago. She had represented herself as a graduate of Smith College with a degree in literature and journalism. Oh he had hired her on a lark and just to put the growing suffragette and progressive movement on their ear. Just the thought of the conservative Springfield Herald being the first major newspaper to employ a woman in any capacity, and especially one who was a graduate of that eeliest feminine institution Smith College would take the wind out of their sails and put them in the distasteful position of having to praise his progressiveness, and now to learn she was a fraud. Well he would soon put her in her place.

"Mr. Fish!"

Pinchoen's voice boomed across the boisterous chatter of the news room as he called for his personal assistant. The young man, in his mid twenties, came running on the double. He had learned long sense that it did not pay to keep The Boss waiting, not if you valued your job.

"Fish tell Miss Carlton I want to see her in my Office on the third floor in ten minutes. Tell her if she takes eleven minutes that she well be seeking employment somewhere else. If she desires to continue work for the Springfield Herald she will not be late."

Michael Fish turned on his heel and headed out on the run for the news room hollering at the top of his lungs,

"Miss Carlton, Miss Carlton..."

Five minutes of the hapless girl's ten minutes had already slipped away when Fish finally located her in the papers achieves.

"The Boss......(ha...ha)... wants to see.....(ha....ha).... you in the citadel......(ha....ha..) in ...."

Fish consulted his pocket watch;

"....in five minutes Miss Carlton."

Michael Fish was bent over at the waist his hands on his knees as he fought to catch his breath.

"The Boss is really on the war Talia never saw him so mad."

Everyone who worked for the Springfield Herald knew that to be summoned to the citadel by the Boss bode ill for the recipient of the summons.

Jonas Pincheon pocket watch was open and in the palm of his hand as he watched the minutes tick by. The second hand had just marked minute nine's passing when he heard the soft knock on his door

"Enter Miss Carlton"

There was no emotion in his deep dark voice. He held the young girl in the unblinking gaze of his cold hazel eyes.

"Smith College......Literature........and .........Journalism"

Each word was slowly spoken, and clearly enunciated. Each word spoken as an accusation rather than a matter of fact.

"Can you give me one reason why I should not fire you on the spot Miss Carlton, for up to this point you have shown yourself to be a liar and a fraud!"

Jonas Pincheon had left Talia standing before the massive mahogany desk, everything about the office was designed to make the hapless victim feel small insignificant and there was never a chair for the condemned to sit in. Before Talia could answer Mr. Fish burst into the room. The fear in the young man's eyes for having violated the citadel without being called for was obvious in his shifting eyes and the nervous tremor in his voice as he spoke.

"Mr. Douglas is missing Sir...... the news just came in over the ticker tape."

"Damn!"

Pincheon ran his fingers through his ginger hair, the little auburn haired girl forgotten for the moment. Jack Douglas was the Herald's Foreign Correspondent that was covering the Russo Japanese War in far off China.

"Fish call Bowles Field and have them prepare my airship. Now get the hell out of here!"

Then Jonas once more turned his undivided attention to the little blue eyed waif in the frumpy dark grey.

"And you Miss Carlton what do you have to say for yourself?"

Jonas Pincheon wondered what else, beside her factious past, the blue eyed girl with the angelic face might be hiding under that drab ill fitting dress she wore.

"Well!"

he barked at her.

Sir, I . . ."

The young girl stammered.

Ah the sweet smell of fear. It filled Jonas Pinchoen's nostrils as the little blue eyed waif with the angelic face fidgeted with her dainty hands clasped behind her back. It was that simple act to hid her trembling hands that gave Jonas Pincheon the first hint that this young auburn haired girl might be more than she first appeared as her firm young breast were thrust up and out to straining against the bodice of her lack luster dress. He loved the panic he saw in those stunning blue eyes, the little squeak in her voice as she tried to answer his accusations. When Talia did find her voice, the words came out in a flooding rush.

"Sir,"

She began again in a strong clear voice as she met his eyes.

"It is true. I did not actually graduate from Smith. But I did attend all the classes that would have allowed me to receive a degree for a double-major in Literature and Journalism. Sir, let me finish, please. I did matriculate at Smith and attended officially for one year. But,......."

The words bubbled from her moist ripe lips like a rushing babbling brook. Pincheon watched as Talia fought for her dream with the only weapons she had, her words and her passion to follow her dream.

" Sir, let me finish, please. I did matriculate at Smith and attended officially for one year. But my dear father passed away and there was no money for me to continue. I found work as a menial, but while it enabled me to feed my body, it did nothing to feed my mind. I continued to audit classes and some of my professors were so kind as to let me sit the exams and even graded them and my papers. I assure you, had I been an actual student, I would have graduated in the top one percent. Perhaps even Vale Victorian."

Jonas Pincheon watched how the girl's passion drew her across the room till her hands, no longer behind her back, were braced on the edge of his desk. Her stunning Azure blue eyes on fire with her passion, her desire to be a reporter.

"When I saw your ad in the Herald, I jumped at the chance to put my education to good use. If you speak to the writers and my supervisor, they will tell you my work ethic is exemplary. I have even helped with proofing when there has been a crunch to get the paper to press. Sir, please, I need this job.

There was no denying Talia. Jonas could see it written in those expressive blue eyes of hers.

I love working for the paper. I want to work my way up and be like Margaret Fuller when she covered the Italian Revolution in 1847. I want to go places and see things, even dangerous things and report back to the American people."

He noticed that her glasses had slipped down her nose and that she was actually looking over them and not through them.

"Take off those glasses Miss Carlton! We both know you do not need them and stand up straight young lady."

The note of steel in his voice left no doubt that this was not a request but an order he expected her to obey. Jonas remained silent as the tomb, his eyes hard, cold, unblinking, and emotionless until Talia Carlton complied with his instruction.

"So you want to be a reporter Miss Carlton. Well I have only one opening and that is for a Foreign Correspondent to cover the Russo Japanese war, and you my girl don't have the experience."

It was a flat statement of fact that even Talia could not deny.

" I have no one to send so I am going myself."

Pincheon paused his eyes slowly taking in Talia from the tip of her little button nose to the tips of the toes of her well shined button up shoes. He made no attempt to hide his salacious gaze or his bold inspection of her supple young body, as if he was trying to imagine what the young girl would look like under her frumpy dress.

"I'll need someone to write copy for me and to run down leads Miss Carlton"

Again he paused as he let those cold hazel eyes caress every inch of her young body as if he were stripping her with his eyes.

"Just how far would you go Miss Carlton to run down a lead, to get the story?"

The question hung between them. His dark hazel eyes held hers as he continued

" Remove your dress Miss Carlton............that is if you want to keep your job and have your chance to be a reporter for the Herald."

Jonas Pincheon had not pulled his punches he had apparently told the young girl it was her honor and virtue or her job and her dream the choice was now hers.

"How dare you, Sir! How dare you. I would do the lowliest of the lowliest jobs before I would compromise myself. Do you ask your male employees to do such a thing?"

Her stunningly expressive eyes flashed with indignation at his scandalous demand of her.

"Unless you like that sort of thing as well."

She was magnification in herself righteous anger and her maidenly blush turned her pale alabaster skin the most delightful shade of pink.

"I will tender my resignation immediately. I will clear out my things."

Her hands were balled into fists at her side, she was on fire.

Jonas Pincheon wondered if this fiery Miss had any idea of what she was really heading into, what may be demanded of her, or taken from her at their destination. Jonas Pincheon mussed on just how far this head strong little beauty would go to achieve her dream. He had pushed her, had pushed her hard. She had done just what he wanted, she had tendered her resignation and yet something did not set well with him. He seemed to pay no attention to her stammered resignation.

"Do you think where we are going that men will simply try and kiss you Miss Carlton?"

There was a deadly seriousness to her Boss's voice now.

"What if they demanded that you please them sexually to give you the scoop of the year Miss Carlton?

There was a frightening intensity in Jonas Pincheon unblinking gaze.

" What would you do to get the story Miss Carlton or rather my dear what would you not do to get it?"

Again that haunting question just what would she do for the story, to make her almost impossible dream come true. He did not make his demand for her to remove her clothing nor did he respond to her pointed barb. Instead he continue as if he had not heard her say I tender my resignation......

" If you are coming Miss Carlton you have ten hours to pack and be at Bowels field........" "Men are opportunists. I refuse to compromise my principles for any reason. I will not prostitute myself for the sake of a story. I do not think that Margaret Fuller even suffered such indignation. I only want--no, I demand the same respect as any male reporter. One does not need to resort to sex to get the scoop, I am sure your male reporters have proven that. "

Jonas loved that shocked dumb founded look in Talia's eyes as she slowly realized two things. The first that she was still employed and the second that she was going to be a Foreign Correspondent for the Springfield Herald

"My wardrobe? What's wrong with my hair?"

Once more Jonas saw that wild passionate spirit of Talia's flare as she smooth her shimmering auburn hair back.

"I really want to do this, but, Sir, I ... I don't have the money to get new clothes or have my hair done."

The young girl studied her boot tips as she saw her dream once more slipping away from her..

"I suppose I cannot go after all."

Jonas pulled a card from his desk.

"Madame Lillian will see to your wardrobe and place it on my account. You can repay me from your wages Miss Carlton."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Madame Lillian's Clothier Shop

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Ah! Miss Carlton, I have been expecting you. Mr. Pincheon is one of our best customers. He left clear instructions for your wardrobe. I see he wasn't exaggerating when he described your current state of dress."

Cool green eyes raked over Talia in a calculating manner.

"Come now. Undress! I need to take your measurements and then you can make a selection of clothes and accessories from what I have on hand. Any alternations have to be completed by tomorrow and that leaves me no time for you to waste! Quickly now!"

The following hours were filled with endless fittings. The clothes were tailored form fitting in the latest styles from Paris. Charmed by Talia's inquisitive mind and quick wit, Lillian enjoyed teaching her how to dress for various occasions. What clothes should be worn to work, meals, evening, and even for seduction.

Madame Lillian threw a wicked smile at Talia as she pointed out lingerie.

"While men may hold most of the power in the world, it's also true that women have power over men. All men desire to control women and find release in our charms. As women, we can control that desire and use it for mutual fulfillment. A part of that skill lies in our attire."

By the end of the day, Talia's mind was bursting with new information. Armed with a different kind of armor, to face the unknown.

Talia left Madame Lillian's with several trunks filled to the brim with her wardrobe. Now there was just the matter of her hair.

Jonas Pincheon spent a restless night tossing and turning his dreams haunted by visions of Miss Talia Carlton. Despite his better judgment in the end he had granted her, her heart's desire. If things were different,.......no.......this was going to be hard enough without becoming emotional entangled with the fiery Miss Carlton

***********

Mr. Michael Fish was setting in the outer office of Mr. Pincheon's Office, the keeper of the gate one might say. The young man's eyes nearly bugged out of his head giving the distinct appearance of a rather startled frog when he saw Talia in her new wardrobe. This sudden and dramatic change in the young copy girl's attire had left the young man speechless for the moment. When he finally did find it he announced in a squeaky little voice.

" Miss Carlton If you are looking for Mr. Pincheon I am afraid he is not her. He left two hours ago."

Fish savored the chest fallen look that came over Talia, the look of betrayal in her strikingly expressive blue eyes.

"He expects you at Bowles Field no later than 10 o'clock Miss Carlton."

Fish had no intention of telling the uppity copy girl that her Boss had sent a motorized steam carriage for her and as the office clock was striking 9 there was no way she could cover the distance by horse and carriage. Fish was feeling quite pleased with himself when his vindictive plan came to nothing as Sergeant Peter O'Halerin of the 1st Volunteer Cavalry U.S. Army "Miss Carlton? The Captain sent me to collect you."

***********

The old sergeant swept Talia, and her trunks into the White steam car and slamming it into gear setting out for Bowles Field. The vehicle bleach smoke and hissing steam at the break neck speed of 35 mph. The champion at the Springfield Commons Municipal Buildings was just striking 9:30 as they arrived at Bowles field and for the first time Talia saw the Sagamore, Mr. Jonas Pincheon personal Airship. It was nothing like the oblong sausages of Count Ferdinand Zeppelin with its cramp gondola and bleaching gasoline engines and explosive hydrogen. On the contrary the Sagamore had the sleek line of a naval Torpedo Boat Destroyer and that was not the only resemblance to a naval warship for the Sagamore bristled with 4.5inch quick acting naval guns.

"Miss Carlton Captain Pincheon will be on the bridge."

The Sagamore presented a most odd and perplexing image of a naval Torpedo Boat Destroyer firmly aground on an airfield surrounded by conventional dirigibles. On her bows was emblazoned the number "1" in white paint on her light gray hull. Sergeant Peter O'Halerin of the 1st Volunteer Cavalry U.S. Army (retired) issued a set of orders in a booming voice and members of the Sagamore's crew turned two to stow Talia's trunks aboard the odd looking craft as O'Halerin escorted her to the bridge where Mr. Jonas Pincheon was dressed not in a Edwardian business suit but in the uniform of a Major of the 1st Volunteer Cavalry U.S. Army.

"Miss Carlton Captain Pincheon."

"Major! First Sergeant O'Halerin."

"Yes Major Pincheon! Captain darling."

O'Halerin answered in a heavy Irish borough.

Jonas turned his attention to his young protégé.

"Welcome aboard the Sagamore Miss Carlton as you may have guessed our trip is a little more than just covering a war between two foreign powers in Asia."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Major Jonas Pincheon could not help but notice that Talia seemed to go out of her way to avoid him. He watched with concern as she threw herself into her training routine with a vengeance and how it won the respect of most of "Sagamore's" crew. Oh yes there were those, like Mr. Cummings that believed that a woman had not place or business to be on board an airship headed into a war zone. Yet there were other like Assassinate Surgeon Karl Johnson, "Sagamore's" Medical Officer, which admired Talia's spirit and dedicated drive.

"Sagamore" took fourteen days to cross the Pacific making stops in Hawaii, and Manila, where Sergeant O'Halerin left the ships company. There stay in Manila at the Cavity Naval Station last four days as the "Sagamore" replenished her supplies of helium and ships stores before proceeding on to Tokyo. "Sagamore "arrival over Tokyo Bay was greeted with fan fare and amazement. It was now time for Major Pincheon to make the diplomatic rounds and to present his credentials to the Imperial Emperor's Government as the Untied State's Official Military Observer. Mr. Cummings informed Talia, in his officious manner that she had to present her credentials as a Foreign Correspondent to Captain Tagaya of the Imperial Navy, a requirement that she must handle on her own as the Major was otherwise engaged with diplomatic formalities.

The Imperial Naval Headquarters was in a brilliant white washed building that looked as if it would be more at home in London than Tokyo. Two Sailors in dress uniform, uniforms modeled after those of the British Royal Navy, stood guard at the entrance. After having to show her papers to a number of officious naval officers Talia was finally brought to Captain Tagaya Office.

Captain Tagaya was a man in his early fifties with dark piercing eyes and a lean hard body. He wore his dark black hair closed cropped in the Prussian style and his dark golden skin seemed to glow as the afternoon sunlight filtered through his window.

" How may I assist you......."

Tagaya looked down at Talia's Papers.

".........Miss Carlton"

As he slowly raised his eyes to meet Talia's he made no effort to hide the fact that he was inspecting every inch of her lithe young body.

Captain Isko Tagaya was quite pleased that the reports he had about Miss Carlton's youth and beauty had not been exaggerated. He had found when dealing with those that would betray their country, often what they offered was quite exaggerated, and hardly worth the price that they demanded for their treachery. However in this case the plans of the "Sagamore's" armored lifting cylinders, and Miss Carlton obvious charms had been under stated to say the least. The airship's plans, well that was a simple matter of espionage. However to add a stunning western beauty to his collection, well that was quite another matter indeed and one that Tagaya could not pass up.

Patience was not only a virtue in the Far East but an art form unto itself. Captain Isko Tagaya kept Talia, standing and waiting for over an hour, and he was quite please to see the young woman had spirit that flared so easily and yet apparently the wisdom to hold her tongue, both indicated that she was possessed of a passionate nature. He waited until the young beauty's patience finally broke as she looked at her watch, as he endlessly reviewed her documents.

"How may I assist you Miss Carlton?"

"I was instructed to present my credentials to you, Captain Tagaya."

Captain Isko Tagaya smiled to himself as Talia bowed to him in the manner that she had apparently read about to show her respect.

cgraven
cgraven
66 Followers