All Comments on 'Forever Is a Long Time'

by Omenainen

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The complexity of people

You portrayed how amazing people can be.

Thanks

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 3 years ago
I'm Jealous

The love you describe is a level of intimacy I've never really experienced and I wonder how many people really have. I lost a partner to cancer and we did grow closer during her year-long illness, but I don't remember the depth of emotion described here and I realize that it was not because I didn't (or she didn't) feel it, but because expressing it is so, so difficult. I realized after she was gone that there were so many things I would have liked to tell her, but being immersed in pain, medications, treatments and daily logistics we never took the time to extract ourselves from the day-to-day and talk about what had been really important. 5* for teaching a lesson in a very thoughtful way.

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you for your kind words, Anonymous.

Overcritical, I’m sorry for your loss. I agree that sharing that level of intimacy, and being able to express your feelings in that way, is what most constitutes as a fantasy in this story. I also deliberately made Laura’s cancer to be one that didn’t require chemo treatments. I’m glad you appreciated the story despite the gloomy subject matter.

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingerover 3 years ago
A Big Gratitude

I feel so sad when I read the first page. Seeing somebody you love in trouble is heartbreaking. I realized the pain that I felt makes the happiness more meaningful.

I would to thank you for making this great series. The story reminds me of the ladder of love. We first love people according to the good conditions they provide. As time progress, we started to love unconditionally. Because the person become part of us

holliday1960holliday1960over 3 years ago
Excellent

I haven't read the others in your list yet; perhaps I'll do that soon. As a stand-alone, this is lovely. I look forward to others.

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years agoAuthor

Mrfox_stinger, I’m honored that you got so invested in my characters. Thank you so much for your comments. I hope this final part brought this series to a satisfying conclusion.

Holliday1960, I’m glad to hear this worked as a stand-alone. This whole series started as a one off about how Laura and Tom got together. I liked them so much I ended up writing more about them, and because I spread the stories in different categories I didn’t make it a series but independent stories. That’s what I wanted this last one to be, as well, and I’m happy to hear it was successful.

Maybe I wouldn’t do it quite like this, if I did it again. I admit I’m not a planner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Omg

I cried and cried and laughed and then cried some more. I read the whole series. You wrote about so many life parallels that I'm awestruck. 💗💗

julesbabejulesbabeover 2 years ago

I should have been working, but once I started on Tommy and Laura’s story I had to keep going. I love that these incredible characters feel like real people. The erotic bits are really well written, the story of love absolutely awesome. Thank you

clearcreekclearcreekover 2 years ago

cancer really sucks! Too many family members and friends.

XactoXactoabout 2 years ago

Reading this was a wonderful journey! Thank you for sharing your characters with us. ❤️❤️❤️

joeoggijoeoggiabout 2 years ago

Well crafted series of stories with an interesting couple of main characters. Bravo.

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSEabout 2 years ago

What an awesome series of stories!!!!! The conclusion was a real tear yerker that brought it all together. A craft that is missing in a lot of writers that leaves you hanging. THANK YOU!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Laura bitch is a selfish freak. The construction worker Tommy is too good for the bitch! She is more trailer park trash

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

This is exactly every soul is searching for, love just to be loved for the being we are ….. this was outstanding, cancer or any dramatic health issues are showing us our vulnerability, our helplessness and having a soulmate next to you, fighting loving caring this path with you, this is the most precious gift you can ever receive ….. this story was absolutely masterpiece fabulous …..

Thank you for sharing

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨🍀

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmenainen@Omenainen
I write stories I like to read and publish them here in hope someone else might enjoy them too. Comments are much appreciated. English is not my first language, so go easy on my mistakes. I’m also writing under a second penname with the wonderful AwkwardMD. Our collaborat...

SIMILAR Stories