Forever My Love Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Even if I got us stranded in the middle of the road?" He shrugged.

"That wasn't you." Ben said. "It was the car and it wasn't all that bad. I got to spend some time with Michael. If I was to go back in time, I wouldn't change any of what happened yesterday."

"Me neither."

As David stared into Ben's eyes, his heart ached with a familiar deep yearning, de javu. It was a longing that had been growing stronger with each passing day and he still couldn't understand why. Ben on the other had memories of their time together flooding his mind; the way his eyes shone when he smiled, the warmth of his embrace and the taste of his lips.

"You-you should go." He stuttered.

"Y-yeah!" David nodded quickly. "I'll take him."

"Sure!"

David tried to get his son away from Ben but the moment he touched him, the boy's grip around Ben's neck tightened. He tried again, but failed horribly. Ben tried to loosen the grip but for fear of hurting the boy as he did, he gave up.

"Err... maybe you should leave him." He said, his voice sounding low. "I'll take care of him."

"Sure!" David said abruptly. He had no idea why he got excited.

"We'll meet later in 4 hours at the restaurant near our company. You'll get him then."

A tender smile crept up David's face as the world around him seem to fade away as he reveled in the beauty of the moment. For a moment, he felt like the star of a Telenovela escorting his date home after a wonderful date but in this case, he was given another chance for a second date.

"Sure! I'll see you there."

He leaned forwards and kissed his son's cheek. "I'll see you later champ!"

He entered his car and drove off, leaving Ben standing there. Ben's heart swelled with emotions as he held the boy and watched David's car drive out of his compound. He glanced at the sleeping boy, his eyes shimmering with affection. With a sigh, he went inside and straight to his room.

Reaching his room, he carefully laid the boy on the bed, covering him. He sat beside him, staring at him with so much admiration. He watched as he breathed, his chest rising and falling rhythmically with each gentle breath, a reminder of the miracle itself.

'Leah!' A deafening scream rang in his ears, reminding him of his loss.

Ben's heart ached as he remembered the night his life had been completely ruined, the night he held his daughter's lifeless body in his arms. The screams... the wails... the pain. Ben's heart had shattered as he held his daughter's cold body. He had wanted to go with his daughter but that wish wasn't granted to him.

"I don't know why I get so much peace with you, Michael." He whispered, his eyes welling up. "Your very existence is supposed to intensify my pain but it's the opposite. Your father had hurt me terribly... he broke my heart and left me for the dead. I lost a child because of what happened in the past."

He closed his eyes, and the memories flooded him. David had walked away from their relationship because Ben's illness had been too much for him to handle. He had gone back to Jim.

'Right now as we speak, David is back with the true love of his life, my son.' Elena's words rang through him like a tornado.

Ben opened his eyes and slowly lay close to Michael, pulling him towards him.

'You're the missing piece of my soul.' David's word played at the back of his mind. 'I love you, Ben, and I am ready to give up everything just to be with you.'

And he did give up everything. For some time, they had been so happy. Ben was reminded of the time they had spent together laughing, cuddled up in bed every night, the passionate nights. The whispers of 'I love you' every time they made love, their hugs and warm embrace, playing at the beach. It was a stark contrast to the somber atmosphere that now enveloped him.

'I won't let anything happen to you. I still need you in my life. We still have a family to start, remember?'

'I wrote to inform you that I want to end our relationship and I don't want anything to do with you anymore.' His heart cracked like those words were being said to him at that moment. 'I love Jim so much and I wish you all the best in your life. David!'

Those words had pierced his heart like a knife. Ben's tears rolled down his cheek and onto the boy he held closely to him as he replayed that moment in his mind, the pain of abandonment, the raw ache of loss. He knew that he was gonna carry that painful love memory with him always and the death of their child, a scar on his heart that would never truly heal.

***

David reached his home, feeling like something heavy had been dropped on him. He knew that he didn't just need a hot shower, but that he also needed a power nap. His shirt was folded at the sleeves and he was playing with his keys. He had barely entered his home when he heard a scream.

"David!"

He looked in front of him and saw his family rushing to him looking worried. They were all in pajamas and he knew that they had been worried. Jim wrapped his arms tightly around him before he cupped his face and planted kisses all over it.

"You have no idea how worried I have been the entire night." He said worriedly, tears building in his eyes. "I couldn't sleep... I couldn't think straight and the police told us that we had to wait."

"Yeah... I am so sorry." David apologized, putting up a smile. "I am fine. Nothing bad happened to me. I just had a car break down so I ended up sleeping in the car. My phone was off, I couldn't contact any of you. I didn't mean to keep you worried."

"What matter is that you are here." Claudia said as she hugged her son tightly. "Our prayers have been answered."

Amber who hadn't said anything and happy her brother was home kept looking around to see if Michael was gonna come around but when she didn't see him, she got very worried.

"Err... David, where's Michael?" She asked with worry in her voice. "You left with him yesterday. Is he sleeping in the car?"

"No!" David nodded. "I didn't come with him."

"What?" Amber gasped. "Where did you leave him?"

David remained silent for a second. "I left him at Ben's house!"

At the mention of that name, Claudia's skin prickled with a clammy cold sweat, goosebumps rising like a constellation of fear. Her hands suddenly shook uncontrollably, an involuntary tremor that betrayed her inner turmoil, as fear and panic waged a relentless battle within her. She quickly hid them behind her back, standing there like a statue as she tried to process the information her son had given her.

Jim on the other hand stood there, his lip quivering in anger and his hands suddenly clenched into fists.

"What did you just say?" Jim's voice trembled with so much anger. "Where did you leave our son?"

David knew that voice very well. He could tell that Jim's mood had completely changed.

"Calm down!" David tried to touch him but he retaliated, breathing like a woman in labor.

"Don't you fucking tell me to calm down." He took a deep breath, trying to compose himself but the emotions were just too overwhelming. "You left our son at a stranger's house and you expect me to calm down? What if he kidnaps our son, are you still gonna tell me to calm down?"

"Jim, you're overreacting." Amber chimed.

"Don't you dare come into this.' Jim snapped, raising his finger at her. "This is between me and my husband."

Amber raised her hands like she was surrendering.

"This is no big deal." David couldn't understand where all that anger came from. "Ben is no stranger. He saved our son when he got lost so I trust him."

"Oh!" He chuckled bitterly, raising an eyebrow. "Does it mean that we can just give him our son? Whatever gave you the idea that you can do that? What the hell did you go to his house for?"

"Because I spent the whole night in the car with him." David said abruptly.

At first Jim was hurt by the news of David and Ben spending the entire night together. His heart dropped to the floor and bled. He felt like someone had stabbed him right in the heart. His breaths came out rapid and shallow.

"We were at the orphanage together and his car broke down. I offered a ride and we ended up being stranded together." David continued. "Michael slept in his arms and he had a tight grip on him. I couldn't get him so I left him there."

Jim's face turned crimson, veins pulsating with pent-up fury as he clenched his fists, his knuckles white with the intensity of his rage.

"You know what, I don't know what hurts the most." He said icily. "The fact that you left Michael or the fact that you spent the whole night with that man. And here I was worried that my husband was probably in a bad situation but you were busy spending your whole evening with that man. How do I even know if the car really broke down."

"Excuse me!"

"You heard me." Jim snapped. "You can't be the only one that doesn't see it. That man lusts for you. Can't you see the way he looks at you? He's obviously trying to get your attention one way or the other."

To say David was shocked would be an understatement.

"You're being delusional." He said simply, hitting his head. "Ben is not that kind of person."

"Oh really?" Jim chuckled bitterly, crossing his arms on his chest. "You think it's a coincidence that when his partners didn't want to have you in the company, he stepped up and allowed you in. Ever since he came back, he has been trying to get close to you and you're blindly falling into that trap. I wouldn't be surprised if he kidnapped Michael and brought him back here so he can be in your good books."

"Jim!" Amber gasped in shock. "Now you're simply crossing the line. Why would Ben do that? He is an established and well-known man, who works in the biggest chocolate company in the continent. He can get any man he wants and..."

"Because they're not my husband." Jim snarled, eyeing Amber in irritation. "He is David Paola after all, one of the sexiest businessmen in the country. Obviously, everyone would want a piece."

"You know what..." David snapped, shaking his head. "...stop this nonsense. No one wants to seduce any one and Michael is fine. Ben wouldn't hurt him."

"It's not a matter of whether he would hurt him or not." Jim shrugged. "I want him back to this house right now. So, tell me exactly where I am gonna get him."

"He's fine!"

"I don't care." He snapped, shaking his head. "I want our son back right this minute."

David sighed, raising his hands like he was surrendering.

"I'll go and get him in two hours. I am supposed to meet Ben at a restaurant near his company."

Jim chuckled bitterly, staring at David like he wanted to kill him. Without saying another word, he furiously turned and rushed upstairs leaving David too stunned to speak. He was so tired that he couldn't even think straight.

"I am so sorry for that." Amber apologized, rubbing her brother's arms. "Don't worry about anything. You know the kind of husband you married, and honestly, sometimes I feel like he needs some psychiatric evaluation."

David burst into laughter, staring at his sister. "I need some rest, Amber. And when I awake in an hour or so, I need some good food."

"I got you." She said with a beautiful smile.

The two siblings left arm in arm. But Claudia who hadn't said a word remained there, deep in thought.

'No,' She thought. 'I am not going to allow Ben get closer to David than he already has. If he does, it will only take a short time for David to remember what happened in the past and a step closer to realizing what I had done. I cannot allow that to happen.'

She gripped her hair, sitting at the edge of the seat.

'Ben has already gotten too close to Michael and David loves his son too much.' She placed her face between her palms. 'If he allows Ben get closer than he has, everything will be over. David and Ben cannot know the truth no matter what. I need to keep them apart.'

***

Ben entered the beautiful restaurant with a smile on his face. He looked so handsome with his hair tied in a ponytail, wearing a black skinny jean, white designer shirt and black sneakers. He held Michael's hand as they walked in. The little boy was holding a teddy bear on his other hand that Ben had gotten for him.

Ben knelt in front of the boy, feeling at peace when the boy smiled.

"Hey, sweetie, we're here now. All we have to do is wait for your father." He slightly pinched his soft cheek, drawing chuckles from him. "But before that, what would you like? Let me guess..." He paused and glanced upwards like he was thinking. "...you want something that has vanilla in it, don't you?"

The boy quickly nodded.

"I know exactly what to get you."

He leaned forwards and kissed his forehead, rubbing on it sweetly.

"Well, well, well..." A voice spoke from behind him.

Ben didn't need to be a genius to know what that was. He got up and turned to find Jim staring at him, his face a mix of anger and desperation. But he wasn't alone. He was with Elena who had an evil grin on her face. He could already smell trouble.

"If someone had told me that they saw you with my son, I wouldn't have believed them." He continued, his fists clenched and his jaw tight. "But look at you, shamelessly showing fake love to a child. If only he knew the snake that you are."

"I mean, can you blame him." Elena spoke with mock in her voice. "It runs in the family after all. Have you forgotten how shameless his mother opened her legs for my husband. And now her son is walking right in her footsteps."

Mother and son burst into laughter, not minding that they were in a public place.

Ben smiled, raising an eyebrow. "Six years and she's still talking about the same thing." He rolled his eyes. "If you had kept your man to yourself, there's no way he'd have come running to my mother. Whether you choose to accept it or not, I am my father's flesh and blood. The earlier you deal with that, the better it will be for you."

To say Elena was surprised would be an understatement. She glanced at her son and she could see just how surprised he was too.

"I can see that you've grown wings." Elena seethed, getting close to him. "Perhaps you've forgotten the kind of person that I am."

"Not really." He said with a shrug. "After all I went through in your hands, that would be too hard to forget. And you're wrong, I always had my wings but was too scared to spread them. Perhaps, I realized that it isn't worth it anymore. I am no longer scared of you, Elena. You cannot touch me ever again."

"Oh wow!" She gasped in shock, chuckling bitterly. "He's no longer scared of me." She glanced at her son. "Not even ashamed to admit it. Is that the reason why you're shamelessly trying to interfere in my son's marriage?"

"Interfere?" He raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure about that? If I was to interfere in your son's marriage, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. David would be staying with me."

"You wish!" Jim rolled his eyes. "You still think you have any effect on him? Just like he left you years ago, he's never thought of you once. I am the one that he married and started a family with. And who was left in the hospital dying?"

A satisfying look appeared on Jim's face when he saw the smile on Ben's face begin to fade. He smirked and stepped forward, chirping and mocking Ben.

"Oh, Ben," He burst into laughter. "You've always been stupid, most so now that you don't have me to protect you. You shouldn't have come back here. You should have run away while you had the chance. Now you have to watch yourself lose all over again. I am the one with David and we have a family. Now..." He extended his hand. "...may I have my son right now."

Ben felt Michael wrap his arms tightly around his thigh, shielding his little body from Jim. He glanced at the boy and he simply shook his head. He could tell he was scared.

"I am not gonna repeat myself. Michael!"

He tried to grab the boy's arm, but the boy retaliated, leaving him looking raged.

"Michael!" He roared, giving the boy crazy eyes. "Come here this instant."

The boy shook his head. "I don't want to go with you. I want to stay with Ben."

"I am not joking." He snapped. "Come here!"

The boy shook his head.

In anger, Jim swung his hand furiously and gripped the boy's arm painfully. He winced in pain and began crying but never for once let go of Ben's leg. Tears glistened in ben's eyes as he watched the boy cry. There was so much pain that he felt, like someone was hurting his child. He couldn't understand the emotional connection he had with the boy.

"Come here!" Jim furiously pulled him.

"Ben, help!" The boy screamed.

Ben felt his heart hammer in his chest with such intensity that he felt like his rib cage cracked. His hands began trembling with repressed fury, fingers curling into tight fists. The look he gave Jim was from out of this world. It was like he was possessed.

"Let him go!" He barked, gripping Jim's painfully.

Jim screamed in pain and let the boy go. He raised his face to stare into Ben's raging eyes and couldn't believe what he saw, anger and pain. In just a flash, Ben threw Jim's hand away, leaving him standing there like he'd seen a ghost. There was a red mark there showing just how much force Ben had held that hand with.

"What?" Elena screamed, her eyes bulging. "How dare you touch my son!"

Before Ben realized what was going on, he felt sting on his cheek, snapping his face to the other side. Elena has slapped him hard across the face and it felt like he had been possessed. The anger that got into him was from out of his world.

"Don't you ever in your life oooow!" She screamed in pain.

One moment she was yelling and the next moment she found herself on the floor, her face hot, a sharp stinging pain throbbing at her cheeks. Her face was turned away from Ben. She felt like she was in a dream and the gasps from people that were totally surprised by the scene in front of their eyes didn't help things.

She quickly raised her face, looking dumbly at Ben who stared at her like he wanted to kill with his hand still raised.

What happened?

To be continued...