Forever My Love Ch. 09

Story Info
The past comes knocking on everyone's doors.
13.8k words
4.6
1.3k
1

Part 9 of the 10 part series

Updated 02/18/2024
Created 04/11/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
vanalas
vanalas
226 Followers

Comments, critiques and tips are welcome!

***

"My child is alive?"

Ben felt like he was dreaming everything. He needed someone to snap him out of it and bring him back to reality because it was too good to be true.

"What?" Grace was so confused. "Ben, how come you didn't know that the child you had was male. I held that child in my arms when it was delivered."

Alejandra's mouth was wide open. "Wait, you were Ben's nurse? How come you weren't there at the time he was waking up?"

"Because at that time, I was assigned to another hospital in another city and I had to report asap." She said, still in confusion. "I only managed to dress the baby and a car was waiting to take me to another hospital. But then..." She paused and glanced at Ben. "...didn't Dr. Peters tell you this?"

Ben shook his head, almost robotically. "He was the one that told examined my baby and also told me I had a female child."

"Wow!" Grace sighed, placing a hand on her forehead. It was too much for her to handle. "But why would he do that?"

"Do you know what this means?" Alejandra took Ben's hand.

"My baby might be alive and he's out there somewhere and only God knows the state he is in." He sobbed. But he was so excited. The hope that filled him was unlike anything he'd felt before.

"Yeah, but it also means that all this was planned." She said with concern in her voice. "The doctor that helped deliver the child knew the sex of the child and obviously knows exactly what happened to that child."

"But why would he do that?" Grace was in utter shock. "Dr. Peters cared about you more than any of us did. He made sure that your pregnancy was a secret when you asked and made sure that you stayed healthy in all those months."

"I... I don't know." He stuttered, once again filled with a lot of thoughts.

"But..."

"You know what..." Alejandra sighed. "...this is something major and we can't discuss it here. Do you mind coming with us?"

Grace shook her head and the four of them hurriedly left the airport.

***

Carlos and Gustavo were in the office, each busy trying to occupy their minds with work although it wasn't really working. It was now just the two of them. It wasn't gonna be the same without Alejandra and Ben and they knew it.

Suddenly, the door to the office opened and when they looked in the direction, they saw a great surprise, Ben and Alejandra entering. Both of them rose and rushed to the two. As Gustavo rushed to his wife and kissed her passionately, Carlos rushed to Ben and held him tighter without any intention of letting him go.

"Oh my God!" Gustavo's eyes widened in shock. "What are the two doing back here? Was Carlos and I stuck in a time loop? Has it been ten years already?"

"No!" Ben chuckled, a bright smile appearing on his face. "Something happened that made me change my mind." He looked at the two of them with tears of mirth in his eyes. "My child might still be alive."

"What?"

Carlos and Gustavo looked at each other like the devil had just appeared before them. They didn't want to say what was in their minds although both of them thought Ben had lost his mind.

"Ben..."

"It's true!" Ben chuckled in tears. "My child might still be alive... it wasn't a female. It was a male child that I had."

"Ben..." Carlos held his hand. "...I know you haven't been sleeping much the last few weeks. Maybe you need some rest, don't you think."

"I am not crazy." He moved away and rushed to Grace. That was when Gustavo and Carlos saw the lady who was with them. "This is Grace. She was the nurse that attended to me in those night months of my pregnancy. She was with me during my operation and helped deliver my child."

"It is true." Grace nodded. "The baby Ben gave birth to that day was a boy. It might have been long ago but..."

Grace paused for a number of seconds before a smile popped up on her face.

"I remember taking pictures of the baby because I wanted you to see how he was looking like when he was born." Grace said enthusiastically.

"Really?" Ben felt his heart hammer in his chest so hard he gasped. "Do you have those pictures right now?"

"I am not using the same phone but I should have saved them on my google drive."

She took her phone and started scrolling. As she did, Ben felt like someone had dipped him in sea of ice. A shiver went down his spine and his hands began trembling. A few minutes might have passed as Grace checked her phone but to Ben, that was the longest time he had ever waited for anything.

"Here!"

Ben's hands shook uncontrollably as he took the phone. Finally, his eyes landed on that picture and everything went quiet and cold. The world around him seemed to fade away, leaving only the poignant echoes of his heartbeat resonating in the stillness. His breath caught in his throat as he gazed upon the image of the baby he had believed had died.

That was a different baby... it was male and it had a penis... a freaking penis, he heard his voice scream in his head. Tears welled in his eyes, blurring the contours of the picture, yet etching the image of the baby's face deeper into his soul. The weight of years pressed upon him, each passing moment carrying the burden of a grief he had carried in the depths of his being.

He traced the delicate features with trembling fingers, as if seeking reassurance that this was not a cruel trick of fate. As his fingers gently traced the contours of the tiny face captured within the frame, a surge of disbelief mingled with an overwhelming flood of emotions. The baby in the photograph, with innocent eyes that seemed to reflect an untold universe of possibilities, gazed back at him as a spectral reminder of a time he had consigned to the depths of despair.

Emotions long suppressed surged forth like a tidal wave, overwhelming him with a potent mix of joy and sorrow. How many nights had he spent haunted by the specter of loss, tormented by the absence of a beloved child? And yet, here, in this fragile moment suspended in time, hope blossomed anew, fragile yet resilient in its insistence.

"My child!" He whispered, but everyone heard it.

"Wow!" Carlos' mouth gaped. "He's so beautiful. This is a miracle."

"How's this possible?" Gustavo was in awe.

"A miracle, indeed." Alejandra smiled. "Look at that beautiful face. In this moment, I couldn't be prouder to be a grandmother." She placed her hands on Ben's shoulder's squeezing him. "I can't believe you produced such a beautiful child. My grandchild is alive."

"I have to find him!" Ben said abruptly, his voice rising. Not for once did he tear his eyes away from that picture. "I need to find my baby. I need to hold him... kiss him... tell him how much I love him."

"Where is the doctor who did the operation?" Gustavo asked demandingly.

"Last I heard, he was running a small hospital in another province."

Ben raised his face and furiously rubbed his tears. "We need to find him. He's the only one who possibly knows where my child is." He took Grace's hands and held them. "I know how busy you must really be, but I need your help, Grace. Take me to Dr. Peters and I'll do anything that you ask."

"There's no need for that. As a mother, I understand you." She nodded. "I will take you there any time you need."

"Right now?"

"No!" Alejandra chimed in. "That's not gonna be possible. You need to rest and think about this through."

"But..."

"Tomorrow." Grace gave an assuring smile. "I also have something that I have to do today. Then tomorrow, I am all yours."

Ben felt like he was gonna have to wait forever but...

"Okay, tomorrow. But it has to be early."

Grace nodded and Ben went back to looking at his gorgeous baby. That beautiful skin, those lips as the child cried and his pretty little feet all made Ben's heart to reap with joy. Whatever pain he had been feeling was wiped away by the hope of finding his child and holding him. It was all that he wanted.

Will this be it for him to finally be happy?

***

As they stepped into the stark, sterile hallway of the doctor's office, Ben felt his nerves tighten like coiled springs. His palms grew clammy, and his heart raced with apprehension. The nurse, a brisk woman with a kind smile, motioned for them to take a seat on the chairs outside the office. Ben and Grace had arrived at the hospital and it was quite a beautiful hospital. Being well known in the business world, Ben didn't have to talk much. The nurse had just asked for an autograph and she was already taking them to the doctor's office.

"You can sit right here." She gestured. "The doctor will be in shortly. He is already on his way as he has an important case to attend to."

Ben nodded weakly, his gaze flickering nervously to Grace, who was standing beside him, a reassuring presence in the midst of his anxiety.

"You're so tense, Ben." Grace said, massaging his shoulder. "You've got this, and I am right here with you."

Ben took a nervous breath, feeling the rush of blood in his ears. "Coming here, I was so excited, but now that we're actually here, I am scared. What if I find out something that I may not like? What if there was no mistake to begin with?"

"Ben!" Grace an eyebrow. "It's gonna be fine. We've already talked about this. Even if we don't find out much, at least, it's a start. Take a deep breath and get yourself together."

Ben managed a feeble smile, grateful for Grace's support. Taking a shaky breath, he settled into the chair, trying to distract himself by flipping through a magazine on the nearby table. But his mind kept wandering back to the impending meeting, filling him with a sense of dread.

As he was flipping through, his phone rang and he didn't waste any time answering it.

"Dad!"

'Hey baby, how are you doing?' Jerome sounded concerned on the other end. 'I was just off the phone with Alejandra who told me your trip couldn't go through.'

"Yeah, and I am sure that she told you why."

'She did.' Jerome was suddenly excited. 'Is it really true that my grandchild might be alive?'

"Yes, dad." Ben got off the chair and went to stand near a window, staring outside. "That's what I found out yesterday. And I am really hoping that it's true because my heart is filled with so much hope."

'It will be. I believe it. Do you want me there?' He asked softly. 'I can be there as soon as possible to offer you support. This is my grandchild we're talking about.'

"Dad!" Ben laughed. "You haven't even fully recovered yet. Don't worry about me, I am gonna be fine. Hopefully, I get to learn about my child and might be with him by the time I am returning."

'Really looking forward to that.' Jerome laughed. 'I am so glad your flight didn't push through. That gives me more time to spend with you.'

"Me too." Ben was genuinely excited and receiving a call from his father was what he needed. "Can you do something for me though?"

'Anything,'

"Don't tell anyone about this, dad." He pleaded. "As it is, I have no idea who destroyed Leah's grave and finding out about my child being alive, this could be the work of someone. If they hear of that, I might be running against time. I don't want my hopes of finding out about my child being crushed."

'No problem.' Jerome reassured. 'I can't put you in that position. And don't worry, I am looking into all that.'

"Thanks!"

"You're welcome. Bring my grandson back home.'

'I will.'

He cut the call and took a deep breath. And that was when he saw him, Dr. Peters, standing a distance from him, staring at him. Seeing him, Ben felt a shiver go down his spine and he froze. The man was wearing a white coat with a stethoscope around his neck. He looked different, a bit older but he could remember that face anywhere. The man had taken care of him during his pregnancy.

Dr. Peters on the other hand stood there staring at Ben like he had seen a ghost. There was also Grace who appeared not to have seen him, faces from a past he had thought he left behind for good. His eyes widened, and a sudden wave of fear and nervousness washed over him. Palms sweaty, he fumbled for his phone, contemplating a quick escape plan.

His heart began to race, his palms grew clammy, and a sense of dread crept over him like a suffocating fog. What were they doing here? Who were they with? Why did they come? A thousand questions raced through his mind, each more terrifying than the last.

"Dr. Peters!"

Ben didn't even realize that he spoke. His voice was so loud it went into the doctor like a vibration, shaking his very core. Grace rose from the chair quickly and saw the man froze.

Panic set in, and without thinking, Dr. Peters veered towards the elevator, his footsteps echoing loudly, hoping it would be his sanctuary. His heart hammered against his ribcage as he turned on his heel, breaking into a frantic sprint. He could hear their footsteps echoing behind him, their voices rising as they called on to him.

With trembling hands, Peters jabbed at the elevator button, praying for the doors to open before they caught up to him. As the doors slid open, he darted inside, not daring to look back. The sound of their hurried footsteps grew closer, and his breath caught in his throat as he frantically pressed the button for a random floor, anywhere far from his past.

The elevator lurched into motion just as Ben and Grace reached it, their outstretched hands mere inches from the closing doors, shutting out the sight of his past that had caught up with him. He leaned against the wall, his chest heaving as he tried to catch his breath. Fear and anxiety gripped him, leaving him to contemplate the unexpected reunion that had just unfolded.

Meanwhile, Ben and Grace who were totally shook by what had happened pressed the elevator buttons with hopes that it would open but it wasn't their lucky day. The elevator only opened after it probably dropped off the man.

By the time they were reaching the ground floor, Dr. Peters was gone. They were told he had hurriedly left. Grace and Ben stood there with their hands on their waists, staring at each other. Although none said anything to the other, one thing was for sure. Dr. Peters was hiding something.

***

'Are you sure?' Alejandra gasped on the other end.

"Yes, mother, he ran away the second he saw us." Ben sounded frustrated and tired. "He's not been back ever since and no one knows where he is."

'Did you try to find out where he stays?'

"Yes, we just came from there." He sighed. "He's married with 2 kids. I was hoping that maybe he took the child because his wife couldn't have kids, but both those children are younger than my child would have been. And they got married less than 4 years ago."

'Wow!'

"And funny thing is that he called his wife an hour before we reached and told her that he's going away on an urgent business trip." He added. "He didn't take any clothes, his passport is still in the house so he's still in the country and has switched off his phone ever since."

'He knows something. He's hiding something and that's why he ran away.'

"This is becoming very complicated, mom." He sat on the chair, taking a nervous breath. "Coming here, I thought I was gonna find out the truth once and for all and it's becoming complicated."

'Don't stress, honey. We're gonna find our little boy and that's a promise.'

"But..."

'No buts. We're not gonna give up no matter what.'

There was silence before someone spoke. It was Gustavo.

'Ben, come back home, please.' He asked softly. 'I don't think being there will be of any good use to you.'

"I can't!" He shook his head. "What if he comes back and..."

"Then we'll get him. I'll have the best private investigators I know be on the look out for him. They'll be watching his house, hospital and also looking out for the car. Before we know it, we're gonna have him. He's not gonna escape this one.'

Ben sighed. "I just feel like if I leave this place, I'll be abandoning my mission. I am so close to finding out the truth and possibly finding my son. I can't abandon this. I have to see it through."

'Son, we're not talking about you abandoning your mission. This child is important to us too and we want nothing to see home running around our house. But you need to come back home to your family. Together, we're gonna be stronger and more successful.'

Ben rubbed his tired eyes, feeling the weight of exhaustion.

"Alright, I'll be there."

'Thanks, son.' Gustavo was obviously happy on the other hand.

Ben slightly smiled and cut the call. Sitting there, he had a lot of thinking to do. He had been so close to finding out about his child and now he was back to square one. He got out his phone and started staring at the background, a picture of his baby.

"Where will I find you?" He whispered.

***

As the heavy glass doors of the beautiful five-star venue swung open, Ben hesitated for a moment before stepping into the lavish world of the business party. The soft hum of chatter and the tinkling of crystal glasses filled the air, creating an ambiance of opulence that made his heart flutter with a mix of excitement and nerves.

Ben was looking sexy in his tailored tuxedo, fitting him like a second skin. He wore a designer midnight-blue suit that complemented his features, showing off that sexy body with a white shirt inside that added a touch of classic elegance. His dark hair was neatly styled into a ponytail that showed off his face, giving that casual charm and sexiness.

As he stepped into the grand hall, his pitch-black designer shoes echoed in the marble expanse beneath, announcing his arrival to the bunch of well-dressed guests. A hint of uncertainty flickered in his piercing blue eyes as he scanned the room, acknowledging the influential figures that filled the space.

He took a deep breath and started going in. He had barely taken two steps when he met trouble, Jim and Elena coming towards him with surprise at first before they looked at each other and wore evil grins.

Elena looked elegant in a black gown, the delicate silk fabric clinging to her every curve, a testament to the impeccable craftsmanship that bespoke sophistication. Her boobs were on view that night and her hair styled into loose waves, cascaded down her shoulders, framing a face adorned with some pretty elegant makeup. Jim didn't miss as usual in a black tuxedo.

"Look what the cat dragged in." Elena commented, jolting her hip. "What the fuck are you doing here? Shouldn't you be busy mourning the death of your child?"

"Oh no, mommy!" Jim gasped in mock astonishment. "That's too harsh." Then a grin appeared on his face. "I heard that child died years ago, it was the child's remains. Now he has nothing to remind him of that child." Jim wiped imaginary tears, chirping at Ben. "I wonder why he is still living."

Ben smiled. "Well, I see you two have nothing new to talk about. And honestly, I am getting tired of having to answer back to has beens and wannabes."

"Excuse me!" Elena snapped.

"Of course," Ben laughed, crossing his arms on his chest. "You know, now that I think about it, you two are really mother and son. You do have something in common." He rubbed his temple sexily, looking to the heavens like he was thinking. "One couldn't treat a man right and he went to find comfort in the arms of another woman. The other was after a man who didn't want him but wanted someone else."

When he looked at them, they were burning with rage.

"Hmmm... you two are lousy at keeping men."

"How dare you!" Elena snapped, raising her hand to slap him.

"Relax!" Ben raised his hands like he was surrendering. "Let's all act civilized here. We're not animals... at least some of us."

Elena's raised hand trembled as she looked at Ben, fighting every fiber of her being to slap him. When she dropped her hand, her chest rose and fell with fury. She was so mad her eyes turned red.

vanalas
vanalas
226 Followers