All Comments on 'Fortune'

by oshaw

Sort by:
  • 403 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It would seem that many people have had rather privileged lives, guess that is a good thing but leaves folks ignorant of what many others go through. That is one benefit of reading is to see what you haven't experienced so before you criticize, think before typing. I've dealt with foster children, they rarely come from stable homes.

A very good tale, the shame is only having 11 stories of oshaw's to read. Thank you for them.

somewhere east of Omaha

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 2 years ago

I find it odd that he thinks Gayle deserves "as much" respect from the kids as their mom... I can't think of anything good to say about Carol so don't see how Gayle wouldn't deserve *more* respect...

As for taking the kids...

"Sure, Carol, I'll take the kids. Just recant all of the lies you told about me in a notarized document."

As for Steven thinking his father went through the same thing every month while they snubbed him...

"Well, it wasn't *quite* the same. In this case, your mother at least *pretended* she loved you prior to proving how little she did." (Ok, that comment would be said *solely* to hurt his children so they're lucky he loves them more than I do.)

Omart57Omart57almost 2 years ago

My third time through this one! Great story, Oshaw! Loved every word!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Write more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Juries don’t do sentencing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

JOHN IS A REALLY STUPID CUCK!! NO WONDER THE SKANK STELLA YOOK THE STUPID WIMP FOR A RIDE!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

TOO MUCH FUCKING DETAILS ABOUT THE LOGS...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Stupid sluts who get abused, raped, etc and dont give up the name of the perps or dont charge them are as complicit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Geez, so many negative and/or critical comments. I don't get it. I loved it, and gave it a strong QuickMagazine 5. Appropos to comments by rn2711 and the Anon who posted right after kirei8, now I wonder about John and Gayle marrying or not, and having children of their own or not. Since oshaw hasn't posted since 2017, those will have to remain two of life's mysteries.

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

Second time. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice job.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Third time around for me, an excellent story. What goes around comes around. Sometimes it just takes awhile.

5 stars of course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I would love a story like this but from the cheating wife point of view, her life falling apart while her ec husband rebuilds

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Are you dead in real life like your long winded bs story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

amazing story , thank you so much !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Don't understand the negative critics. An amazing writer.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Just re-read it and it is a great story. My only big quibble (still 5 stars even with it) is the whole stupid "don't say bad things about your abhorrent POS 'mother' " attitude.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The one thing that bugs me is in the beginning, the Ex wife kept on contacting him he would of been able to take those phone records into any decent lawyer and gotten her in serious trouble for baiting. Some judges deeply frown on that. Also, if it's the wrong man, and you've already list your kids... I would of put the exs Paramore in the hospital, then go on the run lol, ain't got much else to lose.

justbobkcjustbobkcover 1 year ago

Reread. Gave it 5 stars a long time ago.

Now that I have a farm and small wood mill myself, a whole new level of appreciation.

I also enjoyed watching that "Big Timber" series on Netflix. They spent some time recovering downed red cedar logs along the Vancouver Island coast using a large pontoon boat in the last season. Made me think of this story.

Thanks again for writing and posting here.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

@inka222, by saying to the children don't diss your mother, he is teaching them respect, for the vile individual that character was, main character was the bigger man.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

What annoys me about this fuckwit is he repeatedly did stupid shit only to outdo himself at every turn. It's like watching Dumb and Dumber except their the same pathetic Guy. To be honest he deserved everything that happened to him

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A wet Zippo is merely an ounce or two of weight to drown you. The flint will not spark when wet. A few hours in the sun MIGHT dry the wick enough if the lighter was near full of lighter fluid.

Also typical for oshaw stories is the lack of sense of time. Nothing to indicate the divorce and visitation(or lack of) spanned more than a year. Then fall to spring and the sandbar fuck. The next paragraph begins "Things progressed nicely until Stella tried to contact him...", and it had been 5 years! WTF!

Nonsequitour

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To the morons who continuously berate every story and writer, do yourselves and the rest of us a favor and take up knitting - anything! Why would anyone want to live a life full of hate? A true example of dumb and dumber!

Thank you for your tale, I've enjoyed it a few times.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story as always from this author. Very talented. My only nitpick is when she contacted him via text and he responded with another, why would that violate the restraining order? I know with a restraining order that a person who has it for protection and reach out to the other party provided they are adults and not incapacitated. Especially when still legally married. A physical visit may be blocked but doesn't seem possible a reply text would break a judge's ruling. Maybe that is up to the judge but seems highly unlikely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She cut him off and treated him like shit and he didn't wise up. Man oh man amazing how many MCs take stupid pills by hand fulls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anon below: really? That’s your only take away from the story? You must be living in grandma’s basement reading only a page every few hours to come up with that as yer not so brilliant thematic take away. Geezus dude. Get a life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful tale of love and living. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Way to long and no dealings with the real issue

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love when the good guys come out on top (no pun intended). What a great yarn. Read it all at one sitting.

Jlyn1Jlyn1over 1 year ago

Wonderful story.Love lost and found.😊

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Very good, nice story pretty standard love hate thing, nicely put together with good characters and descriptions

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great! 2nd read. One lil detail, however, "Soon the bow of the boat began dipping and the stern rose precariously." This is some kinds backwards. LOL! The stern has the ability to accept weight, and the winch & tackle will be back there. It will dip a good bit, and the bow will lift some.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How fucked in the head is John that he doesn't understand a restraining order!!

newfordnewfordover 1 year ago

Dear Mr Anonymous (s) It's fiction. If you can do better then do so. Stop critisizing peoples attempts to entertain you. Anonymous numpties springs to mind, Its's fiction, get a life rant over , in my humble opinion (and it ain't worth much) a 5star story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story, enjoyed it, poor kids. Right you mention the MC was navy and a diver, was he teams? Ted definitely deserved to have his balls removed with a blunt garden instrument and the slut needed to suffer as well, military wether ex or not are really good at looking after each other and we specialise in bringing the pain. Glad to hear that Ted and the Slut suffered, still be nice to add a physical component to that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Way too many holes in the plot to make this credible.

A former construction worker and current boat pilot that keeps his only knife in a toolbox instead of on his person? Would never happen.

Not demanding his passenger wear a life jacket? Having already mentioned the speed of the water in the main channel?

Not having a life vest or a life ring readily available when the person overboard incident occurred?

Not having at least one with him when he dove in after her? A certified scuba diver would never have done that.

A Zippo lighter working after being submerged? Impossible.

Any boat captain/pilot would have some type of flint/steel or other waterproof fire starter on their person in the event of an emergency in any kind of cool/cold weather. Especially on a river where land is easier to get to.

Ocean and river temperatures don't significantly change overnight. They change through the course of the season. If the water was warm yesterday afternoon, it will be warm this morning.

There is more, but...

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Second reading at least. Love the penultimate sentence.

daves_not_heredaves_not_hereabout 1 year ago

Wow! Intense story!

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Love lost and love gained. Triumphant in the end. A good romance story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Top quality story telling

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961about 1 year ago

Andy,

The more I read your stories, the more I appreciate your true storytelling talent. I read many other stories ,but I find myself reading yours over and over. I like the way they make me feel. I can not say how much respect for you as a writer. I often read stuff I have written, compare it to yours an I come up short. But I keep trying. I have aspirations of one day evoke the same feeling in my readers as you do in yours. As always RESPECT to you and your talent.

Don Romine

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961about 1 year ago

Andy,

The more I read your stories, the more I appreciate your true storytelling talent. I read many other stories ,but I find myself reading yours over and over. I like the way they make me feel. I can not say how much respect for you as a writer. I often read stuff I have written, compare it to yours an I come up short. But I keep trying. I have aspirations of one day evoke the same feeling in my readers as you do in yours. As always RESPECT to you and your talent.

Don Romine

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I absolutely love the story. I read it all the time, when I feel down and said it brings my spirits up thank you really, thank you.

jujudailanjujudailanabout 1 year ago

Very good story, the only reason I couldn't give 5 stars was because spanking children is not a good way of parenting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

jujudailan, I dropped a TEN since spankin spoiled brats is a perfect parentin metod!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story is another of the author's very skillful and pleasing efforts. I do have a complaint to make: in most of these stories where the original marriage mother is a total bitch, the virtuous father insists the children continue to respect her, because she's their mother. I guess this is Literotica 'perfect father' behavior, but it is stupid, when they know how destructive and awful she is. It leads to contempt for people citing 'sacred' hierarchy in society. I know, because my parents, especially my father, did it to me. My brother was a sociopath, who caused the family trouble all the time. My parents complained about him all the time. He abused me, which my mother knew about, and did nothing about. If a complained about him, my father would say "he's your brother" in this sort of holy tone of voice, and ignore my problems. Guess how I feel about the sacredness of family relations that our society is always proclaiming? Just guess.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I absolutely love this story. I read it several times, and I know I will come back to it again and again. Every once in a while, I need it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart writing it.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Each read gets better and that is saying a lot...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A little too over the top. Good sorry but it oozes with absurdity. Psychologically mends his children in no time, of course the boyfriend was a rapist who saved it all on video, etc etc. Just a little too much of that stuff

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I liked it. It was also a nice history lesson too. I really liked how he went from "rags to riches" and his ex-wife went from riches to rags. I was surprised that the kids made their way from being spoiled little brats to well adjusted kids in such a short time. This was my 2nd time reading this story, and I enjoyed the first time thru as well. Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story but real problem with the restraining order is that a judge could easily see that the text came from the wife first. Judges take a very dim view of either spouse trying to set up the other.

Roylester29Roylester2910 months ago

Very nice. Thanks !

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

It was interesting I like some other ones better but it all had substance I wish there was more revenge and more payback on these women but you have to move forward because women have no consequences I know they're all fiction and stuff in real life women do do this stuff

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Parts of it made me sad, other parts made me swell with pride. Well done Mr. Oshaw.

Nothingman83Nothingman8310 months ago

And he knocked it OUT OF THE PARK!! Absolutely wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

you c@cks can judge me all you want but there's noway I'd take back these shitty kids, i'd attend their funerals proudly knowing none of it was my fault

RobertJNortonRobertJNorton10 months ago

Wow-- Thanks-- I just finished it and am going, straight-away' to start reading it again because it made me feel so good. MORE!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

All that sex and no kids from Gayle. Begining to wonder if he's firing blanks and his first two kids aren't his.

Story was ok, if a little over blown, rushed in parts and needless verbage.

The also seemed to be inconsistencies but that could have been just down to the rushing in places.

The final deneument that explains why his ex wife behaved as she did and the lack of any real consequences for either the wife or wife stealer, was disappointing.

Just a thought but it could have been improved by the MC marrying and having kids with Gayle and for that to be pushed in the face of the ex by either Steven or Carol getting married on the now impressively large landholdings of the MC.

Getting fat and being ignored by children you previously rejected isn't much of a punishment. Neither is being cheated on or left penniless...as that is just life.

newford9bnewford9b9 months ago

To all these "anonymous" commentators, get a life, it's a story, a tale , a piece of fiction, a collection of words put together to make sense. I wonder just how many" anonymous" have the talent ,or , even guts to put words together to tell a tale. Not many, I should think. Right, rant over, this tale does have a few faults, but definitely not big enough to spoil what is really a good story

OOAAOOAA9 months ago

Fantastic story 👏👏👏

Well done!!

ttjbjr54ttjbjr549 months ago

Too many unanswered questions. Could have embellished more. How did they come to live together. Were they married. Were they looking to have children? What happened with the business that they were able to purchase the Andrew’s place and now were considering the Thompson place.

LickideesplitLickideesplit9 months ago

Probably previously commented to high-heaven but Stella is never mentioned, but is the only mother Steven has. But she is not cited at the graduation ceremony. There is NO rationale for Steven to act that way towards any of the other females regarding the photo.

clearly a 5* as most of oshaw’s work.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"Get this straight, you two, you WILL respect your mother at all times in front of me!"

What the hell is that?

This over kindness shows how weak he is, you should not stand up for wrong.

G5pilotboyG5pilotboy9 months ago

5*️⃣. Continuation please..

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another GREAT recovering your life story and a favorite healing read.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story I enjoyed that. Although would have liked to have seen the ex wife's husband pay for what he did to the family. He should have paid some thugs to neuter him with a baseball bat. Also a side note when swimming in cold water you take your clothes off either swimming with them on top of your head or leave them on the shore retrieving them when you have the boat. The was no reason for him to get hypothermia. His side injury would have been n enough for Gayle to comfort him.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

There are lot of pathetic male MC's on LW, but this authors male MC's take it to a whole new level. How anyone can like this sort of character beats me. Technically good but the characters are absolutely awful, as was the story, so it's 'Nil Pwa' from me ..

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Niks -

"Get this straight, you two, you WILL respect your mother at all times in front of me!"

What kind of nonsense is that?

there are many who are aupporting this wimp, so its no wonder that most of the men here are actually cucks.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Ended up as a blessed man!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades8 months ago

Thanks for the story, enjoyed the read. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I'm honestly glad the children got to feel what he felt when they abandoned him. A hard lesson but they FULLY DESERVED to know what it felt like. Also glad that Gayle bitch almost died

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

There's SO MANY comments calling the MC weak, a cuck, wimp, etc. Cause he either "didn't go far enough" or when he told Steven "You WILL respect your mother!". Y'all sound like a bunch of whiny bitches tryna prove how "Alpha" you are/would be in his shoes.

The dude got railroaded by the justice system at EVERY OPPORTUNITY, all he wants is to get the vile bitch out of his life and have his kids. Sending "thugs" after his ex or attacking them himself would just "vindicate" her claims and make sure he's locked up 10-20yrs and never sees his kids again. But all you dumbasses (who are probably already abusive POS to any spouse you'd have IRL, based on your comments) just ignore that. And forget his kids are what comes first to him, he wanted them to be not disrespect their mother because as horrible as she is, she's the only one they have and if he wanted them to still have a positive connection to her if they wanted, there'd need to be some respect. If he didn't he'd be just like her when she allowed them to be used by Ted and turned against him(plus they'll need to respect Gayle, and just be disciplined in general).

IMO the bitch ended up fat, broke, and stuck with a terrible pos pig as a husband, house crowded full of her terrible POS offspring(which she was horrified thinking MC wanted her to ve, and she made her own nightmare a reality by betraying MC to run from that). And the only good kids she has worth love and to be proud of, see her for the monster she is and want nothing to do with her crushing her emotionally. She definitely got "The Bad End" which she fully deserved.

As for the people calling Gale a bitch, etc. She literally has one of the few backstories that make it forgivable or at least understandable(not excusable) for the way she treated him at first, she literally got RAPED by someone she deeply trusted and when she finally barely heals a little she's forced to work with a man looking just like her rapist, bringing back all that trauma.

I personally liked his relationship with Gayle, and their relationship arc.

Sincerely, Grow the fuck up.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon7 months ago

Your MC was entirely too incandescently stupid with his interactions with his ex-wife. You're one hell of a good writer, that was lazy writing.

SkubabillSkubabill7 months ago

The sad thing is we ony goty 11 stories from this writer. This is a re-read of a great stoy.

PurplefizzPurplefizz7 months ago

Tbh I wasn’t that impressed, the author spent a whole lot of time on the break up and the Ex’s eventual descent into self-inflicted misery (obviously her just desserts!), when in fact as a story reader I’m only interested in the way he builds his life back up and how he creates his own happiness. As the story stands it’s barely a 3⭐️, judging from what’s actually written I’d suggest the author has probably gone through a traumatic divorce and the related legal circus himself, I’d advise him to get some proper therapy, it’s not healthy trying to make us your unpaid shrinks.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I enjoyed this story. It feels like the Author is describing feelings that they know personally. It’s hard to write a story when you are too close to it just as it’s hard to read a story when you can totally relate and are therefore also too close to it. I fall into the second category since I am not an author. This was a tough read for me and I took several breaks but I will admit that to make me that uncomfortable shows me how well it was written. It could have gone further in some details that it sort of grazed over but I was still impressed by the way the author has managed to write only a few stories and yet they were pretty much all excellent. That doesn’t occur by accident so seeing so few stories from such a talented author is almost criminal. I can only think that there is a very good reason why someone who shows such talent decides to walk away. I wish you luck and good health in your future. Thank you for showcasing your wonderful story telling ability through your authoring of stories.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good start on payback on Stella & Ted, but it was a little of a sideways payback. Something more direct such as lawsuits for child support and anything he could have done. Maybe a little mire epilog on what happened to them as well. It just came up a little short there.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I think this is one of Oshaw’s best stories. I read some of the criticisms below and disagree with many of them. I think this story displays a personal emotion that most writers would love to recreate. But; I’ve seen the Red River, I’ve fished in it, I’ve waded in it. I would never bathe in it , I see no point. That river is so muddy, so filled with red sandy grit that I think you could almost walk across it in places. I mean, there’s a reason it’s called the RED River. It’s RED with mud an silt.

That said, great story, Oshaw, thanks.

5 stars.

danoctoberdanoctober5 months ago

Rereading some old classics here and am reminded of the high quality writing that some of the stories posted here here are on Literotica.

Oshaw? If you enjoy high quality writing, look no further. Terrific writer, easy to read stories, 📚 and just plain entertaining. 👏 *****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A long story with no justice against Ted! If there was it would get a 5. Instead, it's a 2.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What bullshit! He should have told Stella that she was responsible for her kids and leave them in her care. His kids hated him so why would he care about them! He should have recorded her comments about lying in court about he abusing her so he could sue Ted for all of his money! After all the days he had to go to jail, he would have zero sympathy for Stella!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

No revenge against the ex or he affair partner, forgiving his children and taking them with him while they still hate his guts? Sorry I agree with previous comment not recording a meeting or any phone calls with the ex after all she did was dumb writing. That could have been used in a lawsuit against the ex wife and her new husband to get his money back as well as full custody although most people would have not wanted ruined kids back.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Simply fucking brilliant!

DadieODadieO4 months ago

Dang I like ur stuff

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A great five star romp.

greenbeardlkgreenbeardlk4 months ago

loved the story. one correction though. the first model year for the Mustang was 1964 and a half. there was no 1964 they made about 800 of the 1964 and 1/2.

BabalooieBabalooie4 months ago

Good story Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very good tale, reading oshaw again is like finding old friends. Thank you 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

He seemed to jump from living in a trailer to riches very quickly. Not saying that harvesting logs couldn't be profitable, more that time seem to have be quickly passed over. Also no children from Gayle, seems a little unlikely considering the jobs/lifestyle.

Very surprised to see that Stella just appeared at the graduation, even though she'd just blanked the kids for years. Not to mention that she was still with a cheating broke ass loser. Really made no sense. Almost as if the writer got bored and couldn't be bothered to continue beyond ticking the boxes.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Should’ve told them all besides Gayle to go kick rocks

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I mosyly enjoyed the story it was a bit formulaic but I've read worse. There is a special place in hell reserved for adults who abuse children and Stella and Ted will end up there eventually. What they did was emotional and mental abuse. BardnotBard

AmbivalenceAmbivalence3 months ago

Got to wonder what kind of judge doesn't ask, "So, how is it the police were at the restaurant so soon after his arrival? If I didn't know better, I'd say you set him up. But clearly you wouldn't do that since that would mean you're obviously abusing the court system... Right?"

In regards to her wanting him to take the kids: "Fine, let my lawyer draw up a document where you admit that you lied about my abusing the kids and you and that you intentionally set me up both times with the restraining order. Otherwise, I've no reason to trust you and YOU can just continue to abuse your children as well as letting your *new* husband abuse them. But don't worry, if you don't sign it, I'll be sure to have DHS keep an eye on *you*."

And Gayle deserves as much respect as Stella?! How about Stella deserves as much respect as her actions warrant (i.e. little to none) and Gayle actually *does* deserve respect.

wodahs53wodahs532 months ago

Wow!

À good woman is hard to find but when you do life is amazing. I have been through a similar situation in my life and the moral of the story is work hard to the right thing and it will come. Karma is a bitch and then like Ted you get stuck with one her name is Stella.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story, ove the evil bitch geting her just desserts and the MC geting to live happily ever after. Stella was a mean bitch.

Dobbin55Dobbin55about 2 months ago

This is probably the third time of reading and I still enjoy it! No mention of kids with Gayle, which is somewhat disappointing. 5*

MythicArjunaMythicArjunaabout 2 months ago

I love oshaw's stories and his style. He's a writer's version of Shyamalan. However, he hasn't posted in years and that makes me sad. Has he stopped writing or does he publish under a differant name/account?? I've read his stories on this account and I would love to read more of his work. If anyone can let me know that would be awesome.

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 1 month ago

Excellent story and flow. Glad to see the evil bitch got what she needed. Too bad her filthy marriage breaking can't stealing mongrel got only part of his desserts! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

After seeing so many junk stories in this category , its so refreshing to run across a gem like this one..I hardly even noticed that this story was seven pages long. Great writing ..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous