Forward to the Stars Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Like what KIND of anomalies? As to the 'programming', is there a way to force grow a clone body and 'download' the program into it?" Brian asked as everyone glanced at one another.

"It will take a full hour and a half to produce a body that is of age, and 'download' what you are calling a computer program. As to the anomalies, they amount to massive amounts of metals that are not found in the natural universe under massive amounts of soil. When taken into account for erosion, rock faces that appear to have been worked and what appear to be some form of crystal that should be looked at when taking into account the other two anomalies." Atherian said as everyone looked at one another.

"Okay, take as long as you need for the clone we don't need to fuck THIS up and when you're done IF we are still down here have her escorted down. Tina I'll need you, some of the animorphs and droids go and check out all the weird shit happening up on Titan. Check out the metal first, but use the droids. Have everyone fully armed, have the droids at full combat readiness. Also..." Brian said with a pause. "Take along some nukes or whatever heavy hitters we have in the armory. There are far to many Sci-Fi movies of stations and bases on other planets with a pissy this or that still roaming around for that the possibility not too be considered. I don't want whatever it is hitching a ride back IF there really is something up there, understand me? Hit the place from orbit, slag everything for miles around, and miles down. Don't let it live to see another day."

"Gotcha." Tina said with a laugh. "So what do we do if the thing lives off of energy?"

"There ARE some weapons that generate a null energy field in the armory." Atherian said answering Tina's comment. "Although fissionables as well as planet-poppers as your ancestors termed them will have to be produced. Since they are not weapons too be kept on hand." Atherian added in an offhanded manner.

"Okay as long as they're available when they get to Titan, I don't care." Brian said as they walked through the doorway. "Welcome to the pool complex girls. The entire place is about fifty seven cubic acres filled with pools, waterfalls, and streams and hot tubs, though some things are in enclosed environments off to the far back. All put together too appear like a natural tropical paradise." Brian said as they entered the constructed cavern.

"Could have fooled me." Rachel said as she looked around at the barren soil and pillars that looked like tree trunks.

"Hey, give me a break here!" Brian pouted as he carried Brianna down to the lowest beach area, where his mother, Robin, and Cora had the children playing in the shallows. "The machinery that controls and keeps the water clean was completed only a little while ago. We also haven't had the time to get any plants to make it look tropical, so zip it. Oh and some of your squirrels are soaking in the deeper parts of the pools."

"They ARE? Where? I don't see them." Rachel asked as the girls looked over the water level trying to see the squirrels. "All I see are rods poking up out of the water or are those snorkels?" She asked as they got close enough to be seen easily from the water. "So the two girls running towards us, I take are your nieces?"

"Yep." Brian said as he braced himself against the impact of little girl bodies hitting him. "Tom boy blondie here is Katherine or Kitty as she's usually called and her sister is Madison. What Robin's kids are called I have no idea, same with Audria's two."

"Yeah, about them, WHAT are we going to tell them?" Michelle chuckled as Brian's nieces tried to climb up into his arms with Brianna.

"DOWN you two, JESUS CHRIST girls I may have more muscles now than I did before, but I can still only carry so much." Brian hollered as he struggled to keep from dropping Brianna.

"Let's do it this way." Tina said as she lifted Madison into her arms while Laria picked up Kitty. "But back to the questions, what do we do about Audria's kids and where are the squirrels?"

"For now their mother is busy, we'll come up with something more permanent later. As to the squirrels, the inside squirrels can use their tails as snorkels, though they can only do that if they're resting or sleeping. No strenuous activities, they can't get deep enough breathes that way." Brian said as the squirrels started moving towards the edge of the pool enmass.

"Looky Unca Bi, they look like that dead rat you found by the river that one time." Kitty said as the squirrels lumbered up out of the pool.

Brian shook his head and groaned. "That wasn't a rat and it wasn't dead. It was a beaver and the squirrels look far more drowned than any beaver could possibly ever look. Now let's have some fun before I need kids out of the pool area for a while."

"AAWWW!! What for?" Kitty asked they reached the beach area.

"Are you going to get down and dirty with Brie? Madison asked with a smirk on her face.

"Ten year olds shouldn't worry about things like that, much less ask about peoples plans for such things." Brian's mother scolded her as they reached the beach.

"Brian?" Cora called to get his attention. "Is it normal for humanoid children to eat sand?" She asked as she tried to keep one of her babies from shoving another handful into it's mouth.

Brian burst out laughing as he waded out into the water with Brianna. "Babies experience the world through ALL their senses, so yes it is normal. Though not the best thing too try eating but it is normal when on a beach."

"Better than what you always liked." His mother laughed as he went scarlet. "He liked live electrical cords. Didn't matter how or where they were hidden he found them and he chewed on them."

"Hey Atherian, just out of curiosity where are the tubes for the water slides?" Brian asked as he noticed the absence of one of the main things he was adamant on the inclusion of in the layout of the complex.

"They ARE present but as the complex is being used, I routed power to the cloak generators that were built into the tubes so as not too ruin the ambiance of the scenery you wished to produce in the pool complex." Atherian said as the cloaks were deactivated on the tubes.

"Don't kill her Kitty." Brian laughed as the eight year old slugged Laria in a attempt to slow down the older girl as they both bolted for the slides. "Hey Michelle, there is a inner-tube slide over there if Mady wants to slide and doesn't want to go alone." He added as he noticed the girl's wistful look at the slide tubes.

"Sure no prob Brian, want to go on the slides honey?" Michelle asked as she looked into the girl's eyes.

"Can someone take Brianna?" Brian asked as Madison burst into tears. "Sssh, easy tender heart. No one's forcing you, you don't have to go on one if you don't want to." He cooed to the girl as he pulled her onto his lap.

"Damn you can actually feel his compassion pouring off him, can't you?" Robin commented as she walked up the the group as they huddled around Brian.

"NEVER harm a child around Brian." Tina advised as he rocked his niece back and forth on his lap. "He was a primal when he was angry before, now that he's a telekinetic, it could turn.... 'messy'. He's got a VERY tender, compassionate heart combined with a surprisingly rigid moral conscience of what should be and should NOT be allowed. He does comprehend everything can't be black and white so he settles for gray, but mess up too much too often and if he gets the chance, well let's just say he could make an atheist BEG God to kill them long before he's half through with them."

"You guys do realize I'm right here, don't you?" Brian asked. "Come on Mad I'll settle you next to Cora's babies and you can help us look after them." He said as stood up still holding her and moved off to where Cora was fussing about sandy shit and waterlogged dippers.

"Come on guys, we'll have to occupy ourselves for a bit since the likelihood of getting him away from her when she's just been crying is totally nonexistent." Tina said as she and Brianna made for the water where the squirrels were once again soaking.

***************

"Hey Brian, don't know who but we got ourselves some company." Michelle hollered from where she was treading water.

"Oh good everything's worked out." Brian said as he joined the others around the new arrival who was flanked by Star Wars style bodyguard droids all carrying electrostaffs.

"Indeed Brian, ALTHOUGH I am at a loss as to HOW to compute this turn of events."Said the AI sounding as confused as any flesh and blood creature could get.

"What's there to compute Atherian?" Asked Laria as she ran up still dripping from her latest slide. "We found a trespasser that managed to get past the squirrels and get down here alive. Though 'I' am a little confused of why she would be wearing a swimsuit. Unless it's a all in the pool day, no matter the circumstances."

"Why you little... AHHH!" Shrieked the female as a droid intercepted her lunge at Laria with a swing of the staff at full power throwing her onto her back into the middle of the escort.

"EASY! EVERYONE CALM DOWN WOULD YOU!" Brian shrieked totally horrified at the turn of events. "Everyone take a DEEP breath and count to a hundred would you, while I make introductions and explain things??? Um Sorry?" He stammered as he turned to the fallen and stunned girl as she lay coughing on the ground and offered her a hand up. "Okay, stand down and take up guard stations." He said turning to the droids. "Okay everyone, meet Anilease McBrather. Anyone remember THAT name?" He smiled as everyone got questioning looks on their faces. "Didn't think you would."

"Hey wait, isn't that the last name of the former captain of the Atheri... uh Brian? I think we're going to need to sit down for this." Rachel said as she wobbled towards the sandy beach area.

"Yes as it might take a while and I am totally at a loss to explain ANY of this, so I too am curious and look forward to ANY insights into this turn of events!" Atherian stated as everyone followed Rachel.

"Okay here goes people." Brian said as people got settled down on the sand. "This is pretty much speculation but it seems to fit. After Anilease had the Atherian bury itself, she programmed the fusion cores to shut down after she was killed from the matter collection protocol of the replicators. Isn't that pretty much the way it went?" Brian asked Anilease.

"It is but it does NOT explain WHY I or at least my mind survived." The former captain said.

"Simple, the replicators didn't have enough time for a memory bank purge. You stepped into the collection room, your body was ripped apart and stored in with the rest of the stored mass and your mind was stored in the computer as a computer file, when the cores vented which weakened the hull in the areas that eventually corroded through. Luckily time was only allowed access to those sealed areas OR in all likelihood this ship would be useless. When Atherian was awoken so were you but as a computer file that somehow managed not to be detected by Atherian. When we had a bunch of droids created, your mind was kind of duplicated as their main operating system somehow. We need to look into what do with those droids though, the same mind in a bunch of bodies is going to lead to a LOT of trouble." Brian said worrying about the possibilities.

"What kind of trouble are you thinking that I could cause?" Asked Anilease.

"Woman, we're are going to be going up against people that sell their own countries out all the time to get higher up in the world, we do NOT need ANY kind of preventable mishaps taking place." Brian said turning his full attention on her. "What kind of trouble we're talking about is the same mind but different ideas on how to get the job done."

"I don't understand at ALL, but whatever you think will accomplish either contacting the Empire or rebuilding it, I must help." Anilease said trying to look as relaxed as possible considering the present circumstances.

"WE will do what we must BUT, we can't have blind following of orders Anilease." Tina said as Kitty settled in her lap. "Anyway Brian, with Anilease still alive wouldn't it be more prudent for her to be the captain again?"

"No." Anilease said calmly. "I am a SHIP captain, it is all I've ever wanted to be. The highest that I would want to be is Admiral to a fleet. If you need help with anything I'll give what help I can, but leave me as a simple ship captain." She said with a faint smile.

Brian chuckled. "The guiding hand from the shadows, huh? Very well, let me give you a layout as to how I plan to build this system up from where it is now. As it stands now we have NO idea if the Reamaiinsk Empire even still exists and if it does, we have no idea if it's more enlightened or has it reverted to a Confederacy with only weak ties to one another."

"Yes that's true." Sighed Anilease. "It's a GOOD thing that I wish to stay a simple captain, ALL that time in a computer mainframe and I NEVER considered that the Empire could have fallen apart and no longer exist." She said shaking her head trying to deny the validity of Brian's contemplations.

Brian smiled sympathetically. "It's okay, don't hard on yourself. When you were in the Imperial Navy, the Imperium was a steadfast figurehead, sure it had taken some weathering but it had ridden through it all and came through in the end. It would be unrealistic for any of us." Brian said gesturing to himself and the others. "To believe that you would stop believing that the empire is still in existence."

"Until it hits her in the head like a hot frying pan." Piped up Kitty.

"If it takes getting hit in the head for her too have to face facts, I hope it's really hot." Brian chuckled.

"I've been hit enough thank you, now how about that overview that you said that you'd give me." Anilease said making a face at Kitty.

"Sorry about getting sidetracked again, anyway the plan is to turn this solar system into a industrial complex with help from any help we can get. Be it droid, human or whatever, willing or UN-willing, because we've gotten adequate success with reeducation programs and those medical strips of Atherian's. By that time we should have people in or just about in the correct placement for as peaceful a world conquest as possible. During all this time we will have had as many deep space probes as we can get trying to find any and all hints and clues to the empire as they can get and sending the information sent back to us. Hopefully..." Brian said with a sigh. "Hopefully, it's still in one piece and willing to find room for us."

"Why wouldn't they?" Asked Brian's mother as she approached the group with Madison in tow. "It's time to leave Brian and them to their own devices for now Kat." She said looking at the dozing little girl.

"Aww, I want to stay longer." Wailed Kitty.

"You'd sleep through everything anyway so why not go to sleep in your own bed?" Brian asked with a laugh. "Remember how our ancestors were banished here all those centuries ago because we had too much backbone? Why would they change their minds now, ESPECIALLY since all we've done in that time is get even more irritable and violent?"

"Does have point you know." Michelle said with a smirk on her face.

"I wasn't talking to you." Brain's mother snapped at Michelle as she led a groggy Kat away.

"You have an interesting group of followers here Captain." Anilease said looking at Brian. "So, on the possibility that the Empire no longer existences what are your plans then?"

Brian chuckled. "That's the interestingly fun part. I don't have to change plans, I just BROADEN them. In EITHER plan of action, we would need a very broad industrial construction complex. If the empire is proven to exist it will be set to infrastructure and expansion or whatever is commanded, if it does not exist it will be turned to military construction and infrastructure. So no matter what, we're set."

"Of course he makes this all sound so easy and simple." Tina said as Brian reached over to pull Brianna into his lap.

"Of course it sounds simple, shit like this RARELY sounds hard and probably unachievable on paper. Hell, look at our wonderful presidents grand plans for the country." Brian said scowling at Tina.

"WAIT a minute! What do you mean by 'probably unachievable'?" Asked Anilease. "'Probably unachievable' as in contacting the Empire, or do you mean rebuilding it if it no longer exists?"

"Your guess is as good as mine! That doesn't mean that we won't give whichever, one hell of a try though!" Brian said as he gave a mirthless laugh.

"Off on another line of conversation captain, but I MUST ask why are there so many pleasure beasts around. There is no way that you or your people could have this great a need for sexual pleasure, when you make it sound like it will require a great many people and you all are only the beginning." Anilease said as Tiffany arrived and walked up behind Brian.

"The reason WHY there are so many here is that simple reason." Brian said as he wrapped his arms around Tiffany's neck as she rested her head atop his. "At this point in time we don't have very many people helping us, so I when I had the cottontail rabbits and the deer turned into pleasure beasts I had their intelligence increased to the point that they'd be useful while we are preparing to move out from this base. They also will come in handy while we are taking over this region of space and even after that while we find out if the Empire does or doesn't exist."

"Just HOW are they going to be useful, when there are Imperial edicts that limit the intelligence of pleasure beasts?" Snapped Anilease.

Brian chuckled at that. "Because people will expect their intelligence to be below my niece's, that way they can go about their business and listen for people that would pose a threat to the Empire or our fledgling Empire."

"So have you placed ANY limit on them?" Anilease asked. " As I find it hard to believe that someone like you would NOT run the history files and find out about the Doca and the Sniflaus."

"Doca yes, Sniflaus no. Who, and what, were or are they?" Brian asked with a perplexed look on his face.

"The Sniflaus were a breed of pleasure beasts that were prominent on the hot barren worlds of the Mitroby System." Anilease said.

"So what did these bad boys look like?" Moaned Brianna as Brian slipped his hands under her swimsuit and start massaging her breasts.

"You know it's a couple of more minutes until the time limit don't you?" Asked Rachel as she watched Brian frisk Brianna with a twinge of jealousy.

"Loophole!" Brian laughed as he slid his hand down to her stomach sending Brianna into a mind numbing orgasm. "But still the history files said nothing about ANY creature, pleasure beast or otherwise called the Sniflaus! So if it wouldn't be any trouble, could you enlighten us?" He asked with a grin.

"Uh, uh, yeah no problem." Anilease stammered.

"If I may captain? Also Brian would it soon be possible to solidify Anilease's position in the present hierarchy? To answer the question posed by Brianna the Sniflaus resembled the king cobra, is that not correct?" Atherian said as a hologram of a blue snake with red markings appeared to the side of the group.

Everyone smirked as Anilease squirmed. "So want to tell us why your trying to lead us on?" Asked Brian. "Is it that there were so many pleasure beast incidents because people didn't take even rudimentary precautions that you at least had to try to scare us into cutting back their intelligence as well as their numbers?" Brian asked as Anilease spit and sputtered at being cornered so easily.

"YES!" Anilease finally snapped. "You are taking far too many unnecessary risks in relying on pleasure beasts. They have proven time and time again that the things can barely fulfill their intended use, MOST turn out to be so ineffective that they have to be DESTROYED! All the time and energy that you are putting into these things are a waste since they will need to be terminated all too soon when they turn on us."