All Comments on 'Four Seasons'

by likegoodwine

Sort by:
  • 101 Comments
tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
A STRONG LOYAL PARTNER

right to the bitter end. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Closet cucks might not scream 'wrong category'

because, face it, they are hypocritical below average intellects. Flash story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thank you

I like all your works but this one strikes really close to home. It is a total reflection of my life. Got my eyes wet. Thank you. Sorry but I will be an anon on this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I am lost for words...

Lost my soul mate to cancer... I see her in my eyes, I feel her in my soul, I feel her love in my heart, I will love her forever and ever ever...

IrfonIrfonabout 12 years ago
What Taz said.....

A STRONG,LOYAL PARTNER - RIGHT TO THE BITTER END !!

...as it SHOULD ALWAYS BE...

Mostera1Mostera1about 12 years ago
Amazing

The emotion you drew out in such a short time...

How debilitating MS is, yet how strong their love was for each other.

Thank you!

M1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thank you for writing a very good story.Well I doubt she moved to her sister for no reason. A part two is good to discover

who she was with. If he knew then he was a willing cuckold. A very good story.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
You are an asshole

for writing something so beautifully touching on a porn site. Sicko!

Five stars, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Well done!

Interesting!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
thank u

for reminding everyone such people do exist in todays world of sluts whores cuckolds jerks and assholes

likegoodwinelikegoodwineabout 12 years agoAuthor
No cheating here

One of the very sad side effect of MS is depression, sometimes severe depression. The person affected by MS and their loved ones have to fight the delibitating direct effect of MS as well as a mind in shamble.

This is just the story of a loving couple hit hard by a sad twist of fate.

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenabout 12 years ago
stupid jerk

Anonamous just has to throw cold water on everything. great story just like good wine.

Scotsman69Scotsman69about 12 years ago
This is not technically

the best story on this site. But it touched me deeply because I too have lived with a partner who had MS. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A superb snapshot

I like good writing, no matter the subject. Four seasons is superb. Sparse, tight, and insightful on the human condition. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Touching story.

I gave it 4/5 for being sweet and a loving story.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 12 years ago
Solid story

MS is bad enough but a mental illness, like depression, not only gives you bad thoughts and feelings but it robs you of the tools that you need to fight it as well. Sadly, some people reach the point of no return.

Rob ConnerRob Connerabout 12 years ago
Wonderful Story.

Some people are GOOD> Not all are whores or whorehoppers. My wife was a recovering addict. We fought that battle every day. She died at 45. Not a drug related cause. But I can look back and say I was there for her and Never Cheated! Still miss her every minute of every day, but life goes on.

LamwayLamwayabout 12 years ago
terrific little story

Short but sweet. On occasion someone writes a story that is about a real loving relationship. If only more tales were in this vein.

Anonymous0Anonymous0about 12 years ago

Some weird and strange readers on this site tonight. One reader even thought it saw a cheating wife/cuckold story and then when there was no cheating made it up anyway, how sad that some people see things that are not there. A good but sad story, thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
that's the way we closet cucks roll

we see cuckoldry everywhere, that's what puts lead in our pencils. we know more than the author about his story; she didn't move to her sister's, she cucked him hardcore.

Anonymous0Anonymous0about 12 years ago
As I said

RE the last comment: Some wierd and very strange people on this site tonight.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
I agree with BTTap

this was a great fucking story, this is was LW is suppose to be about. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
huecuck you illiterate nonce

How many errors can you fit in one sentence? Not really a LW story but a well written mini-story nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
WoW!

What a sad story, but so well done. Just excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Mistakes galore but still lovely story

Uggh get your story edited well. But nevertheless its a touching story

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
Excellent concept but pedestrian execution -

I know people with MS & the battle is fraught with good days & setbacks. One battles with insureance companies, doctors & government services almost if not more then the disease itself. Caregivers too have good days & bad ones. Service dogs & even monkeys are employed to varying degrees of success.

Being mindful of the fact that authors are not compensated monetarily , I will quietly put forth the notion that if Likegoodwine had gone a bit deeper with his research : he could have taken this story to a whole other level, deeper then the maudlin sentiments concluding this story.

I will be the first to acknowledge this author has generously shared excellent work in the past. If this review is a bit harsh, it's because I think Likegoodwine has a talent and can do far better in the future. This was far from being trash & had much potential that the author for reasons of his own , did not adress.

x_witless_xx_witless_xabout 12 years ago
This works because it's beautifully writ.

It's always sad when the sun goes down on a relationship before the day is ended. I'm all for this type of tale - but certainly wouldn't want too steady a diet of it. Where would be the fun in that..thanks author - 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
In many ways

this is a loving husband story. This is loivng partnership that takes all the marriage vows seriously. This is not a story about selfihness but is in fact about love. Lovely. Nice change of pace. Five stars.

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Touching Story

It reaches into my heart because I am losing my loving wife to Alzheimer's,

each day I find less of her here beside me. Luckily she has forgotten to be depressed about her fate, but she does get very angry about it at times.

StangStar06StangStar06about 12 years ago
I really love this story

It's the absolute opposite side of the coin from what a lot of us write about. This as someone else said is a story of true love that lasted and survived despite everything. It just makes me think about how tragic life is for a lot of us who have been so broken and changed by infidelity that we find ourselves jealous of a guy who went through this kind of real tragedy. The first thing that goes through our minds is at least she didn't cheat on him. Or at least we know that she loved him. Kudos, great job.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Thanks

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
re: Anonymous-As I said

Not just this night, but for some time now. Same closet cuck making same comments. A real sicko. Surprised he even read this story, not his line of taste.

Good read author, a welcome change from what has been thrown into this genre lately.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
may i please

ditto stangstar06 coment just what came to mind and his words poped out at me.

PultoyPultoyabout 12 years ago
Thank You Very Much

This was a real and honest look at triumph and disaster during the course of 2 people who loved one another.

You have done a really nice job of capturing the essence of their lives, their love and, ultimately, that which we all must come to terms with; death or separation from what we know.

It seems that the storms of life prepare us for the final change of our seasons.

Best regards,

-Pultoy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thanks

This short, sweet, sad tale is a great perspective builder. My problems, which have been seeming so large and unsolvable, are nowhere near the scale of these. My day will be blessed by your sharing this story.

Glenda_FiddichGlenda_Fiddichabout 12 years ago
Beautiful

Thank you. Five stars.

Best,

M

norcal62norcal62about 12 years ago
Good story line.

It needed some help with editing to keep tense consistent; and don't have it in present tense.

pe1erpe1eralmost 12 years ago
A moving story

A moving story, even though the end is very sad.

JusttooldJusttooldalmost 12 years ago
good

This is one of the best tear jerkers I have read in a long time. 5 big stars.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
A VERY STRONG WOMAN

who never forgot or broke her vows and promises, TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Excellent

A true love affair to the very end.

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
That's so sweet

True love

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Unusual Story for Literotica

Enjoyed the story a lot. Well written and unfortunately probably true in a lot of cases. We have been married 50 years now and so far so good but it could happen to us too. Life can be fleeting!

NorthGuy22NorthGuy22over 11 years ago
A nice tragic tale

I've enjoyed the range of some of your stories. Cool how you can write this and something darkly funny like "dangerous lifestyle".

roscovichroscovichover 11 years ago
This author is brilliant, certainly one of the best four on this site.

His stories just shine with superb understanding of human nature, and with his uncomparable writing skills it offers best entertaiment on this site. Thank you.

Ross.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

Touching ending.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
Hard - very hrad

But the true loving wife story -

With a true loving husband too -

Thank you

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
wow

I am very angry at you now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great story!

What a sweet emotional tale. Not everyone is as luck as these two. Thanks for the story!

dylan954dylan954over 10 years ago
Short sweet and sad

Excellent story, I hope we all at sometime feel and experience the loves described here!

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Sad Truth

With debilitating illnesses of this type, an outcome like this is all to often.

sbart921sbart921about 10 years ago
Just Re-read It

And it is still one of the best. True love and tears. Brilliant.

cw159cw159about 10 years ago
I know these people

Not the ones specifically that likegoodwine wrote about but the same anyway. The same feelings on both sides.

spud65spud65over 9 years ago
damn!

Just ripped my heart out with that ending....I hate you for that. Even so, still a great story.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
So Sad!

Such mixed emotions

First, I totally understand her desire to be released from the slow torture of the MS, though thankfully I have never had anyone close to me go through anything like that.

I also understand her need to "spare" her husband the pain of watching her decline.

But I also understand her husband's need for her companionship,regardless of the limitations caused by her disease.

Ultimately it IS her life and her choice.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Wow, what a sad and oh so well

written story. Thanks for sharing. Hard to remember sometimes that this category is named Loving Wives and that sometimes loving really means loving.

Bd4554Bd4554about 9 years ago
Incredibly sad tale

Heart-rending story, superby written.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 9 years ago
My grandson-in-law's Mom is just like this.

Her husband is devoted and takes as good care as he can. They are in their sixties and are both frail. It is a hard thing and whenever one of them finally dies the other one will not last long, IMO. Thank you for writing this poignant story, sad but true.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
THIS TOO SHALL HAPPEN TO US ALL

for better, for worser, for life to death..TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Didn't like this

Did she think that ending her life would be better for him than living as an invalid? Think again. He's going to curse every day that she wasn't with him for the rest of his life. This was the cowards way to end their marriage. Her love of him must have been quite shallow to think he's better of without her. Sorry, 1*.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 8 years ago
SIGH

No, just NO. Mary's love for Paul was shallow at best. Better if she had stayed away when separated and gave him release than return to commit suicide beside him. Waking beside the corpse of the one you love is life shattering, it happened to my Mother-in-Law. For it to be a suicide could only make it infinitely more painful. Go ahead and tell us Paul didn't blame himself somehow for her selfish act. Go ahead and tell us that he doesn't dread falling to sleep, knowing he'll wake in a few hours weeping from the nightmare of her contemptible act.

A sad tail with no redeeming qualities, illustrating the selfishness of a weak character.

Doesn't deserve a rating at all.

Morgan DeWolfe

RhomanovRhomanovabout 8 years ago
*****

Came back and reread.

Debilitating illness and depression. Until you watch it happen....

Sad but great read.

heydog52heydog52about 8 years ago
I HATE SUICIDE STORIES

Well writen. Sad , sad, sad.

sugnasugnaalmost 8 years ago
Rough

Love? Caring about someone? Leaving them to wake up to a corpse? Hmmm, not a nice thing to do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Didn't like it

One of the most selfish acts someone can do is to commit suicide and leave someone behind. She couldn't have had any love left for him to do something like that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
sad

for us old people this rings true. If you have been into a number of relationships this may turn you off. For those having relationships lasting for a NUMBER of years this relates to life thanks 5

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 7 years ago
I would do same thing

There is no reason to suffer and be a burden on people. To go out on own terms is far more human than suffering. I would talk about it with friends and family though. This would not be individual decision.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
They were married

Married people make decisions together. This was cheating. Cheating him out of sharing intimacy. The last thing she did was shut him out of her life, mind and decision making process. If she had been healthy and cheated on him, at least there was a chance to fix it. No chance now. I'd be devastated.

aptonthe503aptonthe503about 6 years ago
Never a Fan

of suicide.

A great story, but there is dignity in how we live and die. There is a natural fear of the dying process, the vulnerabilities, pain and diminishing bodily functions. Despite the weaknesses of our human condition, suffering and dying is not a devaluation of who and what we are. But choosing suicide definitely devalues our lives.

This story ends differently than the four seasons. Each season has its time and no season ever commits "suicide" to shorten its time, unlike our heroine. So the title is a misnomer considering how this tale ends.

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
May

The Three R.I.P. Her , Him, and this Story! ☆ WOOF!

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumabout 6 years ago
HER FINAL GIFT

Instead of allowing life to pollute his memory of their life with years of hopelessness, misery and unending torture, he'll have the next twenty years to remember the life of joy they shared.... of loving each other.

I've just read A TRUE LOVE STORY...

So have you.

five stars

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Tragic

MS is a terrible disease that takes a.huge toll on a family. This was a true.loving wife story.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
Romance?

Waiting for the MS to cause her cheating. You know, the final hurrah. Instead she killed herself because of her love of her man. That’s love; that’s Romance.

None-the-less — 5-stars

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
That was a beautiful story - 5*****

Sad and lovely, that's what good storytelling looks like!

Beautifully original story well told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Heart Breaking

What a great format for a truly loving tale. 5*s.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Holy cow! Why isn’t EVERYONE giving this 5-stars?

...

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Love eternal

Wow, just wow so poignant, one of the best here.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

She committed suicide to release him from the burden of caring for her, but to leave her poor husband to wake next to a corpse is horrific. In her position, I'd take a trip to dignitas to save my wife from living that nightmare... but it's something she should have discussed with her husband first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Living this

I have read most of your works and don’t know how I missed this one. I married my spouse 27 years ago, three years after she was diagnosed with MS. Her prior spouse could not face the future with her. I went into it with my eyes wide open. It has not been a picnic, but I would do it all over again.

likegoodwinelikegoodwineover 4 years agoAuthor
You’re a great man!

Good that you were able to help her through not only the gradual loss of control, but through the bouts of depression that are too common. You have my admiration.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Reading again, this is too good for LW. A tragic, beautiful story.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

So sad, good read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Why is this in LW?

Should it not be in non erotic or romance????

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
@ previous commenter...

"Why is this in the LW's section?"

The LW's gerne branches off in many different directions. Some are quite simply and touching. And this wife? She was a loving wife.

Bh76Bh76over 3 years ago

Lovely and sad story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
So Loving A Tale...

Truly the pinnacle of love was this couple.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

non erotic category would be better. Too depressing for romance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Pretentious and maudlin

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerover 1 year ago

To close to the truth... And to Painful...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good job.

Tarloso2Tarloso2about 1 year ago

My other half has Ms..17 yrs now and every day is a struggle but the kids make it worthwhile

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well told but so painful. as i get older i see loving couples that i have know for decades lose their mate. so many the bright shiny eyes become dull.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nowadays many women respond to new MS treatments. Still quite heartfelt and poignant.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Too sad but exactly how you feel when you have an incurable disease, that you are a burden.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

that... was... wow. the winter segment was incredible.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A beautiful story. Even though heavily narrative driven, it's still five stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story. But MS fir many women is much more treatable now, though not for all. 5 stars. Quite emotional.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous