Fourteen Days of Valentines

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In January her work had picked up in earnest. Although she was not involved in retail sales directly, she was expected to start helping up front. There was a definite sense of urgency in the nursery. In a few short weeks they would be seeing more people coming in to set up their gardens and purchase plants and starts.

On one of the first days at the cash register a tall, muscular man came in announcing he had a delivery. She went out with him to review the order. When everything checked out, she directed him to the back where he went to unload over five hundred potted plants. She helped with the lifting and as they finished he complimented her. "You pull your own weight, don't you?"

"Well, I've never thought of myself as a helpless maiden, if that's what you mean. I usually work here in back and it can get quite physical at times."

"Yeah, at most places they just leave me to do all the work. I appreciate your help. I'll be seeing you again next week, I'm sure. Name's Rusty, by the way."

"I'm Beth. Nice to meet you," she said with a slight smile as she shook his hand. She thought to herself that it was nice he didn't try to crush her hand.

Early the following week Rusty returned with another load. Beth made sure she was available to help him again. Once they had unloaded, she invited him to the employee lounge for a cup of coffee.

"Thank you. It's cold and some Joe will go a long way to warming me up. This is my last trip of the day so I have time to rest a few minutes."

Beth spent a bit more time talking with Rusty who seemed like a nice guy. He didn't appear to have any airs, was down-to-earth and had a wide-open grin and honest face. Once he got ready to leave, he mentioned seeing her again on his next trip and said he'd be looking forward to it.

On his third visit later that same week, he seemed to be nervous as they wrapped up the unloading. At the end, he stammered a bit and asked her if they could get together sometime away from work. He lived some twenty or so miles away but said he'd be glad to return to Centerville to have dinner with her.

This was the first of several casual dates which they had together. He would meet her at the restaurant and on one occasion came out to her cabin to pick her up. Right as she got into his car, she noted Jeff standing on his front porch watching her. He seemed subdued and gave a tiny nod when she waved at him.

The next morning, she popped over to Jeff's house and asked him if he wanted to do a Superbowl party with her the next day. He seemed hesitant at first, but agreed once she promised suds, chips and dip. "After all, this is our last chance for a football game for more than six months," she said after winning him over.

She dressed up for the game, that is she wore nice, tight jeans and a loose sweater with a fairly deep neckline. Jeff greeted her with a big smile and a slight raising of his eyebrows as he looked at her sweater. "See," he said, "I told you at Christmas that you're beautiful, now this proves it."

"Jeff, this is just jeans and a sweater, nothing fancy."

"That's what I mean, it isn't the clothes, it's what's in them that counts."

"Oh, that is so sweet of you. Come on, let's watch the game."

The game was fairly boring though the commercials were far more interesting. They laughed at a few and at one commercial, she actually got a bit emotional when it featured a happy dog with a sappy ending.

"Jeeze, Beth, it's just a commercial," he laughed.

"Oh, leave me alone. A girl gets to puddle up now and then, doesn't she?" she fake-pouted.

"I guess. I'd hate to see you watch a real Rom-com movie. I'd have to bring a whole box of Kleenex just to keep you dry."

"Jeff, you're so mean," she laughed as she threw a chip at him. "You simply don't understand the female mind."

"What I don't understand is you, no offense."

"What d'ya mean?"

"I don't get why you are here with me today and Friday night you went out with some other guy," he said somewhat quietly.

"What? Rusty? He's just a guy I met at work. He delivers to the nursery and asked me out for dinner. We're not serious or anything. And you are my game-watching buddy. That's way better and so what's not to understand?"

"Oh," Jeff replied quietly. "I see." He paused a few seconds before going to the kitchen for his final beer. "Want one more?" he called out.

"No thanks, you can have it for tomorrow. I think the two today were enough."

When he returned, he seemed to be more reserved and once the game finished she quickly excused herself to go back to her cabin. "Thanks for the TV and the company. Too bad the game wasn't more fun." With that, she reached up and quickly kissed him on the cheek, right above his beard line.

Jeff startled slightly and quickly turned to go back in.

"Jeff, please don't be upset."

"I'm not upset, just surprised."

"I just wanted you to know how much I enjoy being with you. You're the best landlord a girl could ask for and a great friend to boot. Thanks, and good night."

"Night, Beth."

After that evening, Beth decided to not bring Rusty out to her place any more. Although she and Rusty were not intimate, she did not want Jeff to wonder about her social life.

She and Jeff would chat a few times a week, usually when she came home from the nursery in the evening. The slight degree of tension which occurred between them after the Superbowl seemed to ease off and she was feeling more comfortable with him once again. On one Saturday she baked a batch of brownies and took them over to him.

"Boy they sure look nice. Too bad I'm allergic to chocolate," he sighed.

"Oh, Jeff, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. Oh no, this is so embarrassing." She looked at him and noticed a tiny sparkle in his eye, then a grin developed on his lips. "Wait a minute! You're shittin' me, aren't you?"

He burst out laughing as she took one of the brownies and threw it at him, which he caught one-handed. "I gotcha, didn't I?" he teased.

"You rat, I can't believe I fell for it. Just for that, see if I'll bake you any cookies again, or anything."

"Oh, Beth, your face was adorable. You looked so embarrassed. Here, let's take these to the kitchen and I'll give you some milk for dunking." They sat around talking, reviewing the week and generally enjoying each other's company.

It was on a Saturday at work, the first of February, when she heard over the loudspeaker summons to come up front. Once she got there, her manager Suzanne was smiling and holding a single, red, long-stemmed rose. "Now just who sent you this, Beth? Hmm? It seems you have a secret admirer."

"Well, what does the card say?"

"Sorry, no card. This was dropped off by a courier with your name attached."

Beth's mind was racing. Rusty, it had to be Rusty. He was asking her out all the time and always spent extra time with her when he made a delivery. She smiled and took the rose back to her workbench and placed it in a tall vase.

On Monday she got another summons to the front. Suzanne smiled and said, "Seems like lover boy has struck again." She held out two bunches of roses, one with two and one with three roses this time. They were a mixture of red, pink and white.

"I don't know who it is," she responded.

"Oh, I think you do. I bet that Rusty has decided to make a big play for you."

"Well, we'll see."

That afternoon when Rusty dropped by he went to her workbench and asked, "Who're the roses from?"

"Oh, Rusty, don't play games. You know who. They're beautiful. Thanks."

"Well, sometimes a guy just has to show he's serious. Dinner tonight?"

"Sure, let's meet at Gino's."

"Don't you want me to pick you up?"

"Rusty, that's sweet, but it's so far out of the way. Let's meet here in town."

"OK, see you at seven."

Dinner that night was nice. Gino's was a small restaurant owned by an older Italian couple. They served wonderful pasta dishes with the most exotic sauces. A wild boar dish was to die for and their shrimp Alfredo was superb. After dinner they walked in the cold down to the river walk and strolled along for the better part of an hour, just talking and getting close. At one point she snuck her hand inside his arm and leaned up against him.

"This is so nice, being close on a cold winter's night."

"I agree, Beth. You know, I look forward to seeing you at the shop. And these evenings with you are wonderful. I could find myself getting close to you very easily."

"I you, too," she whispered back.

They walked back to their cars where they stood together and hugged and kissed for quite some time until she broke it off. "I have to go, Rusty. Thanks for a wonderful evening."

"I enjoyed it also. Some night I might not let you leave so easily."

"And I might not want to leave, either. Sweet dreams."

The next day she got the call from up front. Four roses awaited her.

And then five and then six. Each day resulted in yet a larger number of the most beautiful red, white and pink roses imaginable. After a few days she contacted Rusty. "I've been thinking of you every day," she said.

"Yeah, me too. Sorry I haven't been out there much lately, but my route has been taking me up north more. I should be back there in a couple of days. Are you interested in getting together again this weekend?"

"Yes, I'd like that very much. Could I come over and make you dinner?"

"No, my place is a bit of a mess and yours is too small. Let's go dancing at the Bistro on Friday."

"Sounds great, see you there."

On Friday evening she was exhausted when she got home but she was looking forward to dancing. She dug in her closet to find a nice, slinky dress which hugged her every curve. Under that she wore thigh-high stay-up stockings, a skimpy little thong and no bra. 'I might as well be as sexy as I can,' she thought. As she hopped into her truck, with the seat covered by a clean blanket, she noted Jeff looking at her from his porch. She waved and called to him and joked, "Don't wait up, Dad. I'll be late." Instead of getting a smile or laughter in return she noted he seemed to frown, barely waved and turned back to his door.

She didn't think much more about his response as she drove to the Bistro. She was looking forward to dancing and enjoying being with a handsome man. Once at the restaurant, she was greeted by Rusty and led to a nice, private booth lit only by candlelight. "Mind if I sit next to you?" he asked.

"No, go right ahead. Let's see what they have to eat."

Her meal was great. She enjoyed steak and tails, using shrimp instead of lobster for the tails. After a couple of glasses of wine, she teased Rusty enough so that he took her out to the dance floor. Beth never considered herself a good dancer, but she was comfortable dancing with Rusty. He had a good sense of rhythm and was able to lead her around the dance floor without trouble.

The only minor issue was that on one slow tune, he reached around her and let his hands slip over her ass too much for her taste. She reached back to bring them up to her waist. Even so she felt good in his arms and at the end of one very nice slow tune she rubbed her pelvis against his erection, gave him a long hug and reached up to receive a deep, slow, sensual kiss.

The evening was over too soon and she had to leave, as Saturday was a workday for her. On her way home she kept thinking about Rusty. He was very attractive, obviously liked her and she was feeling good about the relationship. And she definitely liked rubbing up against what was a very promising erection.

On Saturday she worked a half-day and received eight roses. On Sunday she did not have to go into work. She wandered over to the farm and hung out with Jeff, just talking about his work and how busy she was getting at the nursery.

On Monday the tenth, she was greeted at work with nineteen roses and a note indicating nine for Sunday and ten for that day. Once she let her blushing subside she called Rusty. "Thanks for everything, Honey. I really enjoyed dancing, and the roses. You are so sweet."

"Hey, I enjoyed myself also. You know, Valentine's is Friday. I'd like to see you again, maybe dinner and then I'd like to show you my place. Interested?"

"Hmm, I might be. You have anything in mind?"

"Maybe. What about you?"

"Oh, Rusty, I would love to spend some time with you Friday at your place. I'll look forward to it all week, and by the way, I won't have to work Saturday," she said as she thought about moving things along. It had been well over a year since she had been intimate with anyone and she felt she was overdue. There was only so much her fingers and her little battery-operated boyfriend could do. She wanted and needed to feel the muscular power of a strong man and what he could do for her.

The rest of the week crawled by. Each morning another, bigger batch of roses arrived. On Tuesday and again on Thursday she met Jeff outside of his place where she enjoyed talking with him. He seemed very nice and had even "come out of his shell" some. He didn't seem to be quite so reserved at all.

On Friday the fourteenth, a huge bouquet of fourteen deep-red roses trimmed with Lady's Breath and ribbon arrived. The simple card still did not have a name but instead there was the poem: "Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and I love you."

'Hmm, I guess that means he's getting serious. I can't wait until this evening.' After work she raced home, dressed up as best as she could and tore out of the cabin. She did not notice if Jeff was anywhere around.

At the restaurant she was greeted by the maître d' and ushered to a small candlelit table in the corner. Rusty showed up a few minutes later. She rose and greeted him with a very sensual kiss. She felt so good to have his arms around her. 'Now maybe this Valentine's will be a good one,' she thought to herself.

The food was delicious and Rusty was charming. He paid attention to her comments, engaged in nice conversation and did not talk only of himself, something which she hated to see in men. After eating a nice tiramisu dessert and having a cappuccino, she was on cloud nine. "Am I invited over to your place tonight?" she asked seductively.

"Absolutely. Since you drove here why don't you just follow me?'

"OK, see you there," she smiled as she squeezed his hand.

At his place she was escorted into the living room. It was nice and clean, but it clearly lacked a woman's touch, she thought to herself. He leaned over and slipped off her sweater and bent down to kiss her on the neck.

"Ooh, that gives me goose bumps, but don't stop."

"Mmm, I won't. Here, let me get you some wine."

"Rusty," she said, "I already had two and I don't want to be drunk tonight. I want to enjoy everything that's about to happen without more alcohol."

"OK, do you mind if I have one more?"

"No, of course not. Just make sure it doesn't affect you in the wrong way," she teased.

"Not to worry," he replied. "Have a seat on the couch and make yourself more comfortable."

As he got his drink, she sat down and let her hem climb up her thigh. She always liked her legs, at times thought they were her best asset and hoped they might divert his attention from her wide hips and smallish breasts. He sat down next to her and soon they were kissing nice and sensually. After several minutes he reached up and started to feel her breasts. 'Finally,' she thought as she reached back to slowly pull down the zipper.

Rusty pulled back to watch her with a small smile on his lips and said, "Hey, Baby, why don't you come with me to the bedroom?"

"Uh, what did you just call me?"

"Baby. Anything wrong with it?"

"I'm sorry, but I have this weird, quirky thing about that name. For some reason I really don't like it, there's just something about it which bugs me. I'm not a baby. Call me almost anything else, but please leave 'Baby' out of this."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Beth. I didn't mean to upset you. I've never had anyone not like that term before."

"Look, Rusty. Let's forget it. I'm here with you, let's enjoy the evening and go to your bedroom," she said as she moved to get up.

"By all means, Babe... oh, shit..."

"Uh, are these terms you use a lot?" she asked as she sat back down. "Because if they are, we may have a little problem."

"I'd never really thought about it. By the way, what's so wrong with 'Baby' anyway?" he said with a hint of exasperation in his voice.

"I don't know. It bugs me. You can call me Sweetheart, Honey, Snookum, practically anything else. To me it just seems kinda odd to be calling a full-grown, adult woman a 'Baby'. It's kinda like an adult woman shaving everything. Do men actually want to sleep with little girls? What is it with that?"

"Uh, Beth, I kinda like it when a woman is shaved. I don't think it is being hung up on little girls, I just think it looks good and it's nicer to go down on. And I like going down on a woman, a lot. I'm not a pedophile, if that's what you're thinkin'."

"Well, I'm afraid you might be disappointed if we move this to the bedroom. I do keep things neatly trimmed so I can wear bikini panties, but I am not completely shaved...maybe this just wasn't meant to be, tonight."

"Look, Babe, I can get past that. No need to leave, we were having a good time. I'd love to spend more time with you, especially back in the bedroom."

Beth looked at him with sad eyes and said, "I guess I best be going. I'm sorry, Rusty; sorry we got off on the wrong foot. I'll let myself out."

"Wait, don't go!"

"No, I better leave before someone says or does something we both regret."

As she stood up and started to zip her top he jumped up and grabbed her by the upper arms. "Beth, please, I beg you. I know we can work things out. I'll watch what I say, I promise."

"Your fingers are hurting me. You need to let me go right now.

"You know," she went on, "I'm sure we could've worked around the name issue, I probably would've even shaved for you, especially to get more oral sex, but you do not get to grab me and hurt me. Bye, Rusty." She turned quickly to the door, grabbed her sweater and went out to her truck.

Nearly all the way home she cried bitterly. Here she'd thought he was a nice man, one she wanted to sleep with, but when she asked him for one, simple tiny favor, he couldn't seem to follow. And at the end he got almost violent. She understood that lots of people used 'Baby' and 'Babe' as nicknames, but she didn't like it. Everyone has quirks and partners need to work around them and this was her one little quirk. He couldn't even respect her simple request. And no one would be grabbing her like that. Ever.

By the time she got home, her tears were dry, though her nose was stuffy and she was sure her eyes were blood-shot and puffy. She pulled up to the cabin, which was entirely in the dark. She had not planned on coming home that evening and failed to leave the porch light on. She pulled out her phone and turned on the flashlight app to light the way. Just as she started for the door, she noted Jeff's place was dark but in the far back of the property, one of the greenhouses was lit up. She thought he must have accidentally left the lights on and she decided to turn them off.

Using her phone flashlight, she carefully walked by the planted crops on a narrow gravel pathway towards the greenhouses, which she had never been to previously. The front one was dark so she went around to the back one and opened the door to shut off the light.

There were hundreds of rose plants along the entire length of the greenhouse. Red, pink and white roses seemed to jump out at her from all sides. She gasped out loud and then heard a noise from in back. Slowly from behind one of the rows of roses, Jeff emerged wearing a sad face and holding some clippers.

"Oh my god, it was you!"

"Who, Beth?"