All Comments on 'Fourth Vector Ch. 01'

by CJMcCormick

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A great story

To the author and editor:

What a joy to read! The story is structured well and the editing is superb. My only observation, and it is a small one, is this taking place on earth or a different planet? If I missed the explanation I apologize.

To the reader:

There isn't nonstop, hardcore pornography, but don't let that stop you from reading. I have a feeling that aspect is getting ready to pick up dramatically. The sex that is here adds to the character development, as well as the storyline. This a fast, flowing read with plenty of action. All the hallmarks of being a classic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Perhaps the hero should be Jack Aubrey?

Well written, great storytelling, and thoroughly enjoyable !

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Anon great story

You’re right. The sex here does add to the character development. Usually it’s just a motivator or a colossal bore. Every once in a great while it’s a bit hot, but not often. But in this story, it’s well done.

CJMcCormickCJMcCormickover 4 years agoAuthor
Anonymous 2/2/20

Thank you for your kind words! To answer your question, it's a planet and time frame very similar to Earth's but Fourth Vector is set in its own universe. The technology is WW2 era (minus aviation) and one thing that I think will be most interesting is watching our characters deal with emerging technology.

I do offer maps, pictures of the ships, and a who's who listings of characters on my Patreon (no paywall for those) as well as advanced chapters (paywall for those) up to chapter 3. If interested, there's a link in my profile.

Thank you for reading!

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
A very good yarn!

Compelling...entertaining...asks for more! Looking forward to further chapters!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
good story,but

when they depth charged and destroyed the sub I doubt any metal floated. All metals are heavier than water, otherwise great story. Keep it up, I'm looking forward to more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Promising

Wait and see. So far so good.

tiercenpttiercenptover 3 years ago

Interesting start...

Having trouble placing the Age of Technology here.

At some point, I thought you were talking about ships with sails.

Now I think it's likely around WWII Battleships time? Just hard imagining and picturing this with (for me) no reference in which "time" we are moving here.

Lets see what the other Chapters bring

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great so far!

Really liking it so far! Just a quick note: "ordinance" is a rule or law. "ordnance" is weapons or ammo. :)

Mike9947Mike9947almost 3 years ago

Good start - I was looking for something of yours to read - looking forward to it!

I won’t nit pick, it is difficult to pick up a culture and you are doing ok. But FYI, sailors don’t line the edges, they man the rails.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not to nitpick but usually sonar and not radar is used to detect submarines and torpedoes. It is possible for radar to detect a periscope raised above the surface but I am pretty sure World War II era technology wasn’t capable of that. Other than that and the few other things already mentioned by others, this seems to be the start of a wonderful story. Great job.

ranec1ranec1almost 3 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

10Bender10Benderover 2 years ago

I'm enjoying the story for the most part, and I won't pile onto the other comment about naval terms, but your disclaimer about naval ranks notwithstanding, you left yourself nowhere to go. Task Force is a Flag position, as in admiral. By giving the position to a commander all subordinates must be lt. Cmdr. Lt. And ensign. Easterbrook should have been minimum a captain, or promoted as soon as he received the task force. And no navy is going to give command of their brand new flagship to a mere lt. commander. Unless that navy belongs to Chad or some other landlocked dirt poor third world country. Just my thoughts on making it easier to read. Otherwise keep it up.

lust4romancelust4romanceover 2 years ago

Great intro to many of the main characters with hints of what is to come! Makes me wonder how Abigail's brothers react to the events to come! thanks again for a great plot! 5 stars!

WargamerWargameralmost 2 years ago

Brilliant stuff. Loving it.

Scores easily 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The military terminology and military customs are off.

1. Superior officers do not initiate salutes to juniors.

2. Division Officers are not considered or addressed as Comanding Officers.

3. The comradery in the chain of command is more formally adhered to on large vessels.

4. Division Officers do not generally have battle stations on the bridge; they are at their skill specility job or assigned through out the ship for strategic supervision and communication.

5. Communications on a ship are not accomplished via radio. Intercom systems are used.

6. The commands for authorizing weapons release does differ with navies from around the real world, but not as described in this story. A simple viewing of the film "In Harm's Way" or the British film "Sink The Bismarck" would have been instructional.

Understandably this is fiction but if your goal was to add a sense of authenticity, having the correct atmosphere for the story would be a positive to the reader appreciating your attempt.

TheDrowTheDrowover 1 year ago

Personally, I can forgive most of the things pointed out already as quirks of an alternative universe, but the one that gets to me and throws everything off is this.

"We just need to make it into the harbor at Quiller's Cove."

"I'd like to see them try to enter the harbor just to get blown to shit by land artillery,"

The whole first section is about how safe they will be once they make it and how relieved they are to see the base, so much so that they don't even bother to warn the base about the pursuing ships. Only for all of that to be immediately thrown out when the attack happens.

There's no further mention of ground based defenses, except for machine gun turrets, and no sign that the base as any artillery at all. Instead its told as if the base is helpless without them and their relief at making it / rush to get there was pointless.

Its the sort of inconsistency that just doesn't make sense and throws the rest of the chapter off.

oldtexasguy1oldtexasguy19 months ago

Awesome story. Looking forward to see what else you have planned . 5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCJMcCormick@CJMcCormick
Long time, no talk! I'm still around and still writing. I had someone reach out to see if I was still alive, and I very much am. I no longer write under the CJ McCormick pen name though, and I have migrated to using three new pens. I won't be posting to Literotica any lo...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES