All Comments on 'Fourth Vector Ch. 08'

by CJMcCormick

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
BruceWoBruceWoabout 4 years ago
The highlight of my week is the release of each chapter of the Fourth Vector

With Tefler having declined to every 6 weeks, your are my new favourites.

Can’t wait til both chapters 9 and 10 are released.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Excellent chapter!

Looking forward to the next one. Thank you.

abiostudent3abiostudent3about 4 years ago

Great chapter! I love what you're doing with Kat - the foreshadowing is plain, but not in the dumb way where you're screaming at the characters for being such idiots to miss something so obvious.

I do have one criticism, though, which is that the opening scene with Barak was a LOT of exposition. Just something to think about the future - weaving that into the story better.

Thanks for another chapter, and I can't wait for the next!

SpotInTheSandSpotInTheSandover 3 years ago

Very enjoyable thus far... think i know what the secret is, but I'm sure you'll make the path to get there a very enjoyable one.

valjean521valjean521over 3 years ago

Plus 1.

The highlight of my week is the release of each chapter of the Fourth Vector

With Tefler having declined to every 6 weeks, your are my new favourites.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It’s a compelling story, but the blatant disregard of reality is killing my enjoyment of it. Muskets are only accurate (to hit a wall of infantry not a single individual) to 100 yards at most in practice it is more like 25-50 yards.

RomanticClownRomanticClownalmost 3 years ago

To anonymous you are correct that the true musket was pretty useless at more than 50 yards but the rifled muskets from the American Civil War were deadly accurate at 300 yards or more. So please cut the author a little slack. Great story!

GrokerGrokeralmost 3 years ago

Note for future: gold is HEAVY. A sack filled with just a football-sized lump would weigh 200lbs. Say that each sack weighed 100 lbs.,. given that we're maxing out the load that a man could carry to load, the sacks would be small but you're still talking 4-ish tons per wagon - way more than enough weight to collapse any sort of farmer's wagon.

Also, you can't take a heavy wagon downhill - it rolls forward faster than the horses can run and bad things happen. Even locking the wheels with timber you have a horrible time ahead of you, with no maneuverability and basically sledging your load. Better off to have more horses and load up saddlebags, as again just a couple of football-sized bags per horse will be overloading it; it's not a matter of having to stack it high and wide. So yeah, you'd need 100 horses and ~50 men to move this mass of gold...

Great story so far!

Madmack37Madmack37almost 3 years ago

Regarding muskets. I am cutting the author some slack because I’m still reading the story. The premise is good. The technical snafu’s however do make it a harder read than necessary with a bit of research. The best fire rate with a Brown Bess smooth bore musket was about 5 to 8 seconds when a trained solder used it. The smaller size of the ball used and the smooth bore made it was highly inaccurate at range. Your rifled musket was quite a bit slower to reload with the larger ball and rifling.

SniperkingSniperkingover 2 years ago

Sorella evaporated once he was skewered by Easterbrook's bayonet.

i think this a mistake and that you forgot to remove this when you edited the story as you removed the fight with a bayonet cause he was killed with two gunshots to the gut

beach_bouybeach_bouyalmost 2 years ago

Great FANTASY story, love the plot lines and look forward in reading the many, many chapters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCJMcCormick@CJMcCormick
Long time, no talk! I'm still around and still writing. I had someone reach out to see if I was still alive, and I very much am. I no longer write under the CJ McCormick pen name though, and I have migrated to using three new pens. I won't be posting to Literotica any lo...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES