All Comments on 'Fourth Vector Ch. 39'

by CJMcCormick

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
BruceWoBruceWoover 2 years ago

Another fantastic story. You should be proud

Avalanche2015Avalanche2015over 2 years ago

An awesome chapter to continue this great series. Looking forward to what will be an epic chapter with the final defeat of the Swabians, but hoping upon hope it will not be the end of this saga. It seems the threads are sewn to keep it going, well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Probably my favorite story I have read on this site. Your character development has gone well as I don’t have to read a back chapter to figure out who someone is. I hope you find time to put out chapters a little faster like when you first started it. I find it disappointing when I finish another mediocre story and check and you haven’t posted another chapter!! Lol

RarRodrigRarRodrigover 2 years ago

Excellent 👍..... Your hard work is greatly appreciated - thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If you ere to make this a novel, I think it would be a bestseller.

Good Job Monsieur CJ!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Quality of the story is still high. However, compared to the other parts of the series, the plot seems a bit rushed in order to end the series. That is a pity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree with my fellow anonymous..This chapter felt rushed..I expected a lot more adventurous details when Jack got to Andalucia and later Sorella.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am really enjoying this story!

Of course, Jack is as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to military strategy and keeps getting people killed for no reason...but invading Swabia will be his most collosal mistake yet.

Swabia is done. No matter the size of army they have, they can't transport it. Not only that, but they are a group of islands, a huge defensive liability. They've chosen to mass their forces defensively, which means that all other islands are forfeited. The Navy should keep the Swabian main force under siege, well able to keep them from transporting out in numbers. If they have the capacity, enforcing an embargo would be great. They should soften up the defensive island as much as possible, using the alliance facilities to build munitions and increase their navy. A set of mobile skirmishing forces should be used to raid the island, to encourage the main army to break up to whatever degree to defend against the sacking of cities, burning of fields, destruction of stores/factories/infrastructure.

In the mean time, the alliance armies take over the ceded islands for cantonment, living off of them rather than requiring long supply lines, and keeping any food/reinforcement from the Swabian army. They are out of the fight and don't need to die, just occupy.

The only reason to move from this siege posture would be surrender, or a need to have the blockading navy elsewhere. So, knowing that the Java navy could come looking for an engagement, they should prosecute locating and destroying the Swabian navy remnants. The Swabians will not be able to resupply and so will be on short rations/munitions/fuel, and easy to wipe out. As confirmation of this is received, the alliance can move their forces South to bivouac against the Javan navy and build defensive structures on the Southern islands (with the exception of a patrol of light cruisers to ensure no Swabian craft can be built).

But, It sounds like Jack is going to look for a way to snatch defeat from overwhelming victory, rather than waiting around for Bancroft to give him a real fight...

Wildwood55Wildwood55about 2 years ago

"...Alvin grabbed the rifle and used the scope to scan..."

An infantry soldier were not have a scoped rifle. The only person POSSIBLY having a scope would be a dedicated sniper.

Research...

pk2curiouspk2curiousabout 2 years ago

Wildwood55 . What about fiction do you not understand ? This is not about historical details that YOU can research . Lol . You have no idea obviously . There is no dedication to you to satisfy your inability to enjoy a good read .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCJMcCormick@CJMcCormick
Long time, no talk! I'm still around and still writing. I had someone reach out to see if I was still alive, and I very much am. I no longer write under the CJ McCormick pen name though, and I have migrated to using three new pens. I won't be posting to Literotica any lo...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES