All Comments on 'Fourth Vector Ch. 41'

by CJMcCormick

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
tgreenalaskatgreenalaskaover 2 years ago

Great chapter.

Excited to so what happens next.

SlofredSlofredover 2 years ago

I realize it is too late for this war, but when the Java war starts. Jack has to decide to use the sorilian fire in bombs against their NAVY. This is the one technology Bancroft has not seen yet. Love this story. looking forward to anothe 5 star installment in a few weeks. THank you for Sharing.

TheSecretBunnyTheSecretBunnyover 2 years ago
After this

Campaign Jack must deal with a desert campaign, I can't see him just leaving

that as is. It has to be dealt with before he even considers java.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm a bit confused by the differences in morality between our society and this that turn the notions of "Honorable" victory upside down. In our society, siege (in the form of witholding aid, trade, embargoes, sanctions) are considered the most acceptable way to prosecute a conflict; while the use of incendiary weapons (Sorelliian Fire) is a war crime...In our society, this is because we view suffering to be lesser than death, so maybe in Java/the fourth vector causing suffering is worse than killing?

Also, I've never met a general force as bloodthirsty as Jack's army - wanting to not be bored or doing busy work, yes; wanting to take down the enemy, yes; but, losing moral because they are not going to get to risk dying for the dubious payoff of getting to personally kill an enemy already doomed...consisting of coerced civilians no less...

Loving the story, keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@Slofred while Bancroft has not seen the Sorellan Fire personally, Jack has used it in the Battle of Aberdeen. So Bancroft should know of it's existence.

Wildwood55Wildwood55about 2 years ago

After Gen Ferberg's diatribe about Swabians lack of concern about 'honorable war', you have Avila going on about the Allies: "...they would fight the dishonorable way."

The Destiny's 12"(?) guns should be enough to destroy Avila's capitol. Why would 80% of the remaining fleet need to be brought back. That's absurd. You did dial it back to 40%, but even that is more than enough.

Besides, if the Swabian fleet has docked on Cromwell, why not shell the eff out of it in the docks? Is it not honorable, so Jack won't do it?

There are other inconsistencies, but the real point of bringing them up is a good editor would help keep you from contradicting philosophies, and technical inaccuracies, (IE: that range of a 12" gun is miles... friggin' miles. There is no reason the naval guns have played such a limited role in the battles. You've given them radio communication. All it would take is some ranging work, and the vessels could sit on the coast, and decimate land based enemies.)

Research, it's called. Research.

In one search, 10-15 seconds, I found a modern 12" naval gun has a 36+ MILE range. So take off 33% for antiquated technology, and that's still 24 miles. The ships could be invisible due to distance and shell 3-4 miles inland. Talk about demoralizing an enemy.

Bombs from planes can be easily connected to the planes, since they can be seen. Imagine a 12" canister of Sorellian fire, or an explosive armament coming from an unseen source, and striking an enemy which is only one or two steps from friggin' bows & arrows?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCJMcCormick@CJMcCormick
Long time, no talk! I'm still around and still writing. I had someone reach out to see if I was still alive, and I very much am. I no longer write under the CJ McCormick pen name though, and I have migrated to using three new pens. I won't be posting to Literotica any lo...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES