All Comments on 'Fractured'

by BarryJames1952

Sort by:
  • 112 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story. Some realism. My only criticism is the standard LW trope of blackmail sex (which is rape) to cover up prior extramarital sex. It is nonsensical. Maybe once or twice to stall or get counter leverage. But wow. Confess and get help. Instead as usual it leads to destruction of the marriage because the LW caves into thr blackmailer. And then either they feel guilty about it and continue being raped or they somehow get into it and enjoy it (which is sick). Still the story was pretty realistic. And yes the daughter came off as a bit too mature for her age but that worked out ok.

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright6 months ago

He must've not been to, fractured, he was banging Hannah before she made his own bed.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft5 months ago

A very enjoyable read. Your story certainly evoked a lot of discussion. I applaud you for allowing anonymous comments — they include a lot of valuable insights and feedback. Previous commenters have already made any points that arose for me, so I’ll just conclude by thanking you for publishing your story, and 5* from me.

Bry1977Bry19775 months ago

To me, that was one of the greatest stories I have read on here in quite a while. more than worthy of 5*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Standard nonsensical blackmail sex trope to cover up a brief extramarital encounter. Makes zero sense. Just empowers the predator. His Pollyanna view at the end was vexing. Glad he is happy at the end but his logic is convoluted and ludicrous. His brother maliciously assassinated his marriage out of some perceived jealousy and Linda fell for tiresome blackmail. The daughter was cool but acted older than she was.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19814 months ago

Ok sure at least once was blackmail however the rest of the times well can't be known for sure either way she can't be trusted she couldn't have been trusted and forgiven even if it just happened once but for 17 years and during that time had unprotected sex knowing full well she could get pregnant wasn't a mistake she knew what she was doing she wanted to do it then she lied about when telling why by saying she didn't know its simple she knew why she did she knew she was just a slut and never really loved her husband it was her intention to get pregnant by her husband brother and make her husband raise her but she failed and got pregnant by her husband a woman isn't going to have unprotected sex knowing she can get pregnant unless she wants the man she's fuckin to get her pregnant either way any forgiveness he had for her and his brother by the end of the story is another thing that makes this story completely fictional with no reality to it cause that kind of betrayal there could never be forgiveness in fact the brother would have never lived chances are really good that the ex wouldn't have lived either for a man wouldn't forgive that kind of betrayal he would have to act upon the betrayal in a certain way its in his nature and that way is in a extremely violent way

orion2bear2orion2bear23 months ago

Hard to believe she never enjoyed the sex or liked rich but kept cheating with him the entire length of marriage blackmail doesn't count as rich had too much to lose if he said anything

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The story was well structured, and the author kept it well paced. The dialog, however, feels wooden and contrived at points. Most notably, the exchange between the MC and his father at the conclusion of the story is stilted and more closelyrresembles a Sunday sermon than a private discussion between a father and his adult son.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Rambling and far too long, didn't like it at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Very well done. I hope the writer has something for us in 2024.

As part of my job I have done a lot of counseling over the years.

Unfortunately this story is very true to life and at the same time it has many fortunate features.

It is sad that se of the commentators are so closed minded/self-centered and limited, they have no concept on how otters live.

E.g. "the exchange between the MC and his father at the conclusion of the story is stilted"

I have heard some conversations that were pretty much like that.

THC

desecrationdesecration8 days ago

I like it. The narcs get BTFO and good people hook up and have families, go on to do useful things. IMHO it is unlikely that Rich will ever change; that chronic resentment is a sign of a narc or at least Cluster B disorders.

Booboo12629Booboo126294 days ago

Good story. Linda’s character was the one that didn’t really make sense to me. She had an amazing relationship with her husband and daughter, yet had this secret unfulfilling affair (with his brother for goodness’ sake!) for 17 years. Aside from a drunken hookup the first time, why did it even continue? She questioned who the father of her daughter was and yet her relationship with her husband and daughter seemed to be flourishing. She stayed in the apparently unsatisfying relationship with someone she didn’t even like because of what? Some vague blackmail-like threat? Why would she continue to risk everything for that?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBarryJames1952@BarryJames1952
I'm an old romantic who is completely in love with my wife. I find reading romances and thinking about romances keeps me focused on how great she is and how much I love her. I am also a man of faith and my writing will reflect that. Yes, Christians like sex too! Often the rom...