All Comments on 'Frankly My Dear'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 190 Comments
26thNC26thNC4 days ago

No Tom, no Michael, just a lonely old cheating bitch.

LechemanLecheman4 days ago

Silly woman.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

And folks wonder why women get such a bad knock. This woman appears to be a perfect example why it is deserved.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Fucked up writer and their fucked up stories. Just another cheating skank wife. Asshole husband and his fucking drama. All that money and too cheap to get the evidence and humiliate the skank. Fucking waste of time reading this

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The bitch got more than she deserved in the divorce but with her lover vanishing got what she deserved, did the husband arrange for the lover to disappear?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a dumb bitch. Had she taken the time to talk to her husband instead of being a dumb bitch she'd have realized that he wasn't as she conveyed him, or at least let him know of her feelings. He praised her for raising their kids and for their success, even though he wasn't the most enthusiastic about his daughter's choice of major. That's probably more a father that was worried for his daughter's future and we'll being. Furthermore, the whole arm candy thing is ridiculous. Would you rather him ditch you during the entire event? Oh he picked out your vacations? Oh no! Must be due to all the times he's asked you what you want to eat, drink, watch, etc, and you respond with you don't know. (Most women are indecisive with those things). Hubby says no to the job or charities? That's kind of douchey, especially given his reasons, but you don't have to work. And given you've been unemployed this whole time, you wouldn't like it anyway. Same with charieties, unless you open your own, you would be following what someone else is dictating. Not to mention there are literally hundreds of other things you can do that would be more fulfilling than work or charity. All these faults could have been addressed, but no. You were all "I think I'll just have an affair instead. That will solve all my problems." Then you act dumbfounded when a guy who says he doesn't believe in marriage up and leaves you after you propose being together forever. Dumb bitch.

nixroxnixrox7 months ago

3 stars - not the kind of story I expected.

Arrogant, self-absorbed, stay at home SLUTS, seems to be the main ingredient in the majority of the stories on this website and especially, the LW category. I was not surprised by her infidelity, however she got exactly what she wanted - to freely explore her new sexual exploration - without the hindrance of a husband. Hope she is happy now - NOT.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Tom's 'arrogance' was as fictional as the 'menopause symptoms' Sarah described to her doctor. Everything about her side of the story was a manufactured 'truth' to justify to herself her disgraceful decision to cheat on her undeserving husband, to start a completely unprovoked affair with a 'bad boy' waster who lived on a boat because he lacked the fibre to lay down anything permanent.

We've all known men like him who will do and say whatever it takes to get into a woman's panties then, having sampled the goodies they scarper.

Sarah was just another self absorbed, ungrateful wife who thought the grass was greener on the other side and is now free to spend all the time in the world contemplating the empty, lonely life to which she has sentenced herself by her own hubris. Love it!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good to see Tom getting on with his, getting laid and enjoying his position in lfe. And for Sarah to sufer some regret for her stupidity. Too bad the kids chose her over their dad. All in all a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Sarah was a bitch to her husband when she found her lover. Probably wasn't any better than hubby was, but the fact that he didn't have to live with her permanently gave him a somewhat distorted vewpoint. So after Tom returned & she started her bitchy ways again, he had enough of her BS & lies (re: the doctor visits & his suggestion about not resuming marital sex). Unbeknownst to her, Tom, who found out about her lover, gave him 2 options, one of which's move on. So he did, leaving Sarah to herself. No lover, no husband, & probably the children getting a bit tired of listening to her tale of woe. Good story. 4 star Bob

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Quite vanilla in terms of uts emotional tenor. Pretty clear that Tom ran off Michael or had someone else do it. Don't understand the whole "arrogance" thing She started it and wanted to end it. Now she gas no one. Both will e lonely but Tom will have his fill of sexual encounters with his money and future earnings or sale of his company.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

It is written full of empty emotional descriptions like the author knows about certain feelings but has never felt any of them, this is usually how children tell stories full of imagination but empty of any real understanding of them. That is why they say for writers it is best to start with writing about things you have experienced first hand. Sadly the world is full of a generation of reclusive shut ins that will never leave their parents basement.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Rather uninspiring - no drama, no conflict, no angst, no anger, almost no emotion whatsoever. Just dry narrative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WTF....THE SKANK SARAH HAS AN AFFAIR AND THE CUCK HUSBAND STILL PROVIDES WELL IN THE DIVORCE SETTLEMENT. AS FOR THE CHILDREN THEY CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES WITH THE SKANK MOTHER SARAH!! THE BITCH DESERVED TO BE BURNT

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Michael's sailboat sank a few days later. No-one could explain the big hole in the bow apart from thinking he had hit an unknown WW2 sea mine and sank.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story goes from an empty and unsatisfying life to a lonly unsatisfying life for both of them. Whatever satisfaction Tom was having at the end is sure to become as empty as his life as at the beginning of the story.

The final analysis has to lay the blame on Sarah's lap. She orchestrated the whole mess. She never addressed the so called "arrogance" she accused Tom of. Both appear to be rather shallow but, Sarah wins the prize in that department.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

BORINGGGGGGGG!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story 5

Excellent revenge, The rick man thinks, acts and enjoys. Bye Michele!, just persuaded by the real Man.

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

This was stupid. It would be hard to write a story more blah than this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wait, didn't we read the same story? Renee told Tom who Sarah's lover was as soon as she found out, so what do you think Tom did. He probably gave Michael a 24 hour head start, and Mike took it. What do you think. There are some out there that would have killed the bastard. That's the revenge, chasing him away, breaking her heart, and destroying what she thought she was going to have. What better legal revenge is there? He wanted it to be over; there wasn't any way for reconciliation. That's how I read it. Anyone else?? Good job. Well done. Keep writing.

CYA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Realistic. Nobody wins. If they'd BOTH began talking, engaging, being open earlier, they might've grown together instead of apart. Wellesley! We know which team the daughter is playing for!! Five stars.

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

It was a good story but where was the "revenge"? It was real but still it needed a different ending. The husband seemed happy, and the wife didn't but there has to bemore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Waste of time to read, husband took no revenge, wife came out rich, kids thought mom was a queen, dad got the back seat with spineless action… waste of time !

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

5 stars - I like this story.

The wife got exactly what she deserved.

Who could she blame for her current circumstances?

She was the one who created the entire situation. HAHAHA

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." And she didn't deserve anything else. She cheated on him, whatever the reason, cheating is cheating. She too would have had the opportunity to talk to him about the problems!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ughh! Disappointing story. little in the way of payback. The kids don't seem upset. The lover isn't impacted. What a waste of time reading the.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

“Oh yes, I knew about Michael. Renee learned of Sarah's affair when my wife confessed to her shortly after I had moved out. I was surprised that Renee and Sarah had been keeping in touch. I was very upset with Sarah that she had cheated on me.“

++++

In an otherwise very good story, this bit revealed in Tom’s epilogue was completely inconsistent with what was written from Tom’s POV during his 3 month vacation in which he said he was in contact with Renee periodically all that time. And it also conflicts with what the author described of Tom’s behavior after he returned — for example, expressing surprise about her doctor not recommending their sleeping apart. If Tom knew about her affair shortly into his 90 day vacay, then he would have behaved very different upon his return.

++++

Yeah….an old story so my comment is completely moot 😎. But still……

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think there should be an epilogue for Micheal, sailing away on his Cruiser.

Maybe Micheal should be made a offer he can't refuse. You know sort of like "The God Farther 1972 movie". RCD

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Yeah

Read this before. Fucking cheating cunt. I hope she dies alone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Different . Twist in the plot was interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Could only muster a 1

Here is a now the story that you only talk about his problems. She must be a Saint

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Again

Reading again about this cheating bitch losing her lover. I wonder if Tom had a little something to do with Michael's precipitous departure. I would hope so.

Mr_Sap24Mr_Sap24over 3 years ago
Nice story

Both of them sound ike awfull people to be around actually.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Can you say

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

if reading all comments, would have taken longer than story, mine would be twice as long. LOVE slap hapy papy #9 enjoyed what you submitted.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

I don't see any revenge anywhere

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sad

Blame whoever.

But she was dishonest with herself and her husband.

She attracted a similarly dishonest lover.

You say she complained about her husband.

When what was needed was honesty about how he made her feel.

He at least did that for her.

So a sad story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WHO IS RIGHT?

Commenters are making confident assertions concerning how much Tom is to blame, but they are basing those assertions on the words of a cheating wife who would like to justify her (mis)behavior. So, is Tom REALLY dogmatically and onesidedly assertive and controlling? Is he REALLY at odds with his children?

Or is that just what Sarah would like for you to think?

She set out to fool and manipulate Tom.

And the readers too????

Commenters are making confident assertions about how much Sarah is to blame, basing those assertions on the words of a disgruntled husband. (Except for what Sarah admits to in her POV narrative, namely and particularly her deceptive manipulation, and, worse her blatant cheating/adultery.)

In both cases, most of what is known about the couple is what the OTHER says about him/her.

Which means that we do not so much what is true,

as what the husband/wife SAYS is true.

As usual, coaster2 writes a story that grabs my attention

and makes me want to keep reading.

Paul in Oklahoma

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Yep, the Rhett Butler attitude is the correct one in this sad story.

What a silly little bitch she was, too smart by half, and so stupidly transparent.

She got what she deserved

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Frankly my dear, a weird-ass story

,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Awful Story

What a waste of my time reading this. Seems like the story was contrived just to get to the final quote!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Manipulative!

Why did she work so hard to manipulate her husband when she could just get a divorce? That's cruel! The husband is a bit of a jerk, but the wife was over the top.

Interesting story, but they both deserve to be alone.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Again

My only reaction after reading this again is "due bitch". Good luck to Tom.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just one item

Michael should have been described as a Styx fan. That way his sailing away from a cheating cunt would have been poetic. Sure men will fuck a slut, but they will never commit to one. Once she cheated on her husband she earned the title of slut. To be worn forever. The fact that she was surprised when Michael sailed away. Just proves that like like most wife’s who cheat, she was not as smart as she thought she was. Tom took to long to jettison her ass. One week with a PI and three months to take what he earned and move on. No divorce, one call to say I’m back will tomorrow be good to meet. Make sure of her location to be served with separation papers and no further contact ever. Oh the kids??? Well sounds like the son will be fine. Hope the girl marrys well. Won’t be stable with that useless degree. After all for all intent and purpose they were really her kids anyway. They just backed the wrong horse. Live with it. If she had been honest and discussed this with Tom before cheating. Then 50/50 split would be fair. But, to disrespect him and cheat then show nothing but contempt. Well I don’t care if they were married for 50 years. No past, no future.....goodbye bitch

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
stupid reason to cheat

she told us why she cheated, and it wasn't the reason she gave us the reader.

it was simple: she cheated because she was horny, felt entitled to it, thought she could get away with it, and wanted to start an EASY emotional affair. how hard is it to tell Tom how she felt about him? not very hard. but it's even easier to start a NEW relationship and fall in love all over again with someone new. no emotional baggage is attached. it's all new. no kids to fuss over. no years of small arguments and compromises. all that baggage isn't there with a new person. she took the easy way out. she didn't want to grow as a person. she let whatever resentment she felt towards her partner fester. she didn't bother to notice her lover was only fun because she didn't live with him, that she barely actually knew anything about him. men and women absolutely put on their best face when in a new relationship. she'll slowly realize that tom was the best she could possibly get. and i mean that. she may date a better man than tom, but that man will probably know his worth and avoid commitment towards her! her mettle was tested, and came up lacking. all the easy effort of growing up she put off, has grown into a bigger problem now. her inner self has gotten uglier as a result. the work she put off is no longer easy. she'll have to confront some very ugly truths about herself if she's to truly shine as a person.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Needed BTB knew and did nothing

She cheated and got rich or richer without husband? !

Did he come out OK ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
LOL stupid!

Everybody got something. Tom got a divorce and his freedom to slut around with multiple women. Sarah got her freedom, lost her lover and faces an uncertain future. But she's well off and can pick and chose her next companion. Her kids have sided with her and will visit. She's free to choose a new man. Not much of a problem for her. And why would Tom ever get remarried? He wants to do what he wants to do, so a divorce is perfect. No losers in this story. The rich lead different lives than the rest of us.

Quadman07Quadman07over 5 years ago
Sarah started her affair before Tom left 1st time.

Sarah started her affair before Tom left. Sarah started treating Tom bad and cut off sex before Tom left on his golfing holiday. Too bad Tom left her so well off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Two against one!

We have competing stories but we do have Renee as the ultimate arbiter. She simply sides with Tom; end of story. Sara’s a cheater who got off too lightly so it’s worth nothing more than a 1 or 2.

calflashcalflashover 5 years ago
end

Good thing Tom provided for her adequately because despite his frustrations with her, he did say he was leaving to have an affair. She may have been seeing Michael but Tom's leaving only gave her justification to have a full blown affair.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
Not strong enough

The ending was not strong enough. She deserved a ton more pain

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another stupid bitch

She gambled everything on the young lover and lost. Maybe he was paid off, maybe threatened, or most plausibly, he didn't care to have the old lady for life. She got what she wanted, and then reality hit. Hope she does a slow, lonely death.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yeeeee okay I guess

I was about to call tom an asshole, a coward, a deserter. Heres a woman, going through menopause and he fucks off. My entire thought changed when I red sarahs side and it got me thinking. How sare you! How dare you manipulate this man with a shitty attitude to be with what you thought was better than your husband, when its all said and done. Your manipulation freed tom while you live in the hole you dug

My question to you sarah is. Was it worth it?

Im sorry but no top marks from me. But I like the story

Thank you

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 5 years ago
Money makes it easy to walk away

That's why the Hollywood divorce rate is so high. One day they are America's favorite couple then, "left your socks on the floor again, that's it, I'm out of here" The country takes sides and both get new movie deals. A mockery of marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
WHAT ISTHE POINT?

I read Literotica for entertainment -- fun. Admittedly a well-told interesting story, but in the end just melancholy sad -- not fun or satisfying.

So what's the point? Some say it was realistic. That kind of sad realism I do need from my pastime Literotica. You can get that from newspapers, network news TV, and biographies of movie stars. Just not my kind of story.

Many comments come down on hubby as being arrogant and unfeeling. But was he? That information comes from his manipulative wife. I wonder if she has manipulated the readers into her deviant mask for her husband.

If she is going to put her foot down and oppose him, why not do it when it would have been less destructive to the relationship and more helpful to her by just getting a job against his wishes? So I think I'm more in agreement with Harry in Virginia, something I seldom say of his often mixed-up meanderings.

However, in his second comment Harry in Virginia sees a plot hole in Renee the secretary already knowing about the affair during hubby's international separation. I think he misread the author, who says that Renee learned of the affair shortly after hubby MOVED OUT. He did not move out at the start of the 3-month separation, but after the confrontation which followed the 3-month separation. So no plot hole there.

Paul in Oklahoma

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
So

the husband was unhappy and he dealt with it head on and openly. Wife was unhappy so she went to sneaking around. Her lover shit on her. Bupid stitch.

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
Dear coster2, This could have gone another way.

At the point where Tom revealed he didn't have an affair while gone, the story could have taken another tack (no pun).

As you point out, Sarah had qualms of guilt exhibited by her second thoughts about what she was doing. When he admitted to her that he was faithful and amenable to counseling, she could have started along a parallel path. One of counseling toward reconciliation while still dabbling with Michael. From there the story could go in numerous and interesting (to me) ways.

So. If the muse ever inspired to revisit this story an alternate ending would be interesting. I'd like to see what you'd possibly come up with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Clueless CUCK

As bad as Sarah was, Tom was still an Oblivious Clueless CUCK

The "Standard coaster2" Story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I don't like any of this authors LW stories

Idk why, but something is missing. Frankly I don't care about any of the characters. They don't interest,excite or frustrate me. One of them I thought was kind of a wimp, that made me mad, but overall the LW stories are pretty bad. I don't mind the novels he writes though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
of course, C2 was trying to make the wife look like anything other than the whore she is

And it isn't a C2 story with out the husband being a total moronic cuckold's. MM little brother.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 7 years ago

The quote didn't really fit, it was simply shoehorned in, as if the author was trying too hard.

I also can't decide if the the author was trying to make the wife seem sympathetic or not, but the POV change just made her seem like scum.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 7 years ago
srupid whore

Nuff said

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Really?? Gone With The Wind?

The last line loses something in the translation from Rhett to Tom. Pretty sure neither Sarah or Tom were real nice people. I do hope Tom informed his kids the reasons - all of them - for the divorce. Sarah got off too easily. Not good.

MaFreplerMaFreplerabout 7 years ago
A story about two unlikeable people

One an arrogant asshole, and the other a conniving cheat. Not fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
UGH!!!!

The two narratives don't jive! They don't make sense! The story, for me, was boring and empty! I was hoping for some sort of redemption in the story but it never came!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
KIND OF DISJOINTED

If Tom knew about the boyfriend and his part in shitcanning his marriage, why was he so generous in the settlement? Why do you obviously foreign writers think that that's the way Americans think? believe me, we don't. Our pride and ego makes us want to hurt people when we are wronged. We don't want to be fair we want a pound of flesh. Preferably torn from the concious body of the offending party. With his resources, the boyfriend could well have met an unfortunate event at sea that resulted in a burning, exploding boat sinking with loss of all life on board. oh what a misfortune..

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Stupid bitch.

Nuff said

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re-Reading

"Arrogant" - Of course she never spoke to him about her concerns. That might upset her narrative, and put her cheating into stark relief.

"Michael never tired of my body and I never tired of giving it to him." - Tom never tired of it either; unfortunately, YOU tired of giving it to him!

SHE'S the one praising the doctor, how much he's helped her, and NOW he can go to hell?

"Was he really so insensitive and arrogant that he should be provoked this way? I simply couldn't decide. " - So maybe he's NOT so arrogant as she and some comments have indicated!

Even if he closes on the sale after the divorce is final, wouldn't she get a share of the business and therefore share in the proceeds? Or did he give her more of the other assets in exchange for him keeping the business?

"I had traded arrogance for loneliness." - I thought TOM was the arrogant one?

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 7 years ago
Empty

I envy your writing, but this story left me feeling empty. Sort of like, "life sucks and then you die."

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 7 years ago
Coniving Bitch

I hate cheaters. Gave it a 3 only because it was well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great

5 Stars!

I enjoyed the story and the pacing up to the adulterous visit to the dock. That blindsided me to the point that I put the story down for a few minutes. From there, it was a bit of a letdown and fairly dry. Still, an excellent read. Thanks.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 7 years ago
Thanks, SBrook

Very plausible!

OR ...

Bachelor Boater Bull understood her 'forever' threat!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@lickideesplit

Michael probably left because Tom made it financially worth his while!

We know his views on commitment, her "love" probably wasn't worth a couple hundred thou! I'm sure there are plenty of rich widows or bored housewives down on Nantucket or Newport!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@lickideesplit

Michael took off probably because Tom gave him a nice payoff to leave!

We know how Michael feels about commitment, her "love" probably wasn't worth giving up a couple hundred thou!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Re-Reading

"So ... you were aware of your ... temperament?" - So she WAS aware, yet denied that there was any problem when he confronted her.

I don't care how "arrogant" Tom was, accepting for the moment that she is being honest, that doesn't excuse her cheating, her ADMITTED disdain and petty criticisms! (and BTW, the word IS "disDain" and not "disTain"!)

She mentions her "heightened sexuality". Why didn't Tom get to see any of it?

She herself realizes that Tom didn't deserve what she had done.

"The closing date of the sale will be the day after the divorce is final." - Regardless of the date of the sale, how did he avoid giving her a share of the business? Ah, I see, she was too anxious to be with Michael to worry about what was otherwise a generous settlement.

She mentioned standing on the dock "dumbfounded" - "dumb" was certainly the operative word!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Well

Happily our betrayed husband has a happy ending. As far as the whore, I hope the loneliness drives her insane, more than she already is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good to see that they both got what they wanted

He's rich, has plenty of female companions, and has dumped a uncaring, cheating wife. She has gotten rid of her husband and doesn't have to worry about him pestering her for sex. Hope she's happy now.

To add a third epilog... Michael is sailing his boat 8 miles off the coast when he notices smoke coming from down below. There is no way to get to the radio to call for help. As he inflates his life raft, he notices there is a huge hole in it and is useless. As a last resort he opens the locker to get a life jacket. The locker is empty! Someone has removed all the vests. Just as he realizes that he has no options left, the fire roars out of control and the boat quickly slips below the water. At his country club Tom checks his watch. A smile crosses his face and he orders another drink.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 8 years ago
Well Done (for a bummer)

Very sad ending. But, for both, a better future than the couple's last decade had been! Hubby will soon recognize the absence of a predictable (albeit imperfect) partner. Sweetie is already experiencing and acknowledging that, but has undertaken a process to assist the sense of loss.

A quibble about Her Bull's TaTa Timing. Sweetie had NOT contacted him about Hubby, so why would Boater Bull abandon another Naughty Nautical sojourn with a delightful piece of tail?

Lo_PanLo_Panover 8 years ago
This is not a revenge tail.....

It's a 'I'll go my way, and you go yours' tale.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
@FD45

Or did she make up her complaints to 'justify' her affair?

Many people prefer to feel that it is the other person's fault rather than their own.

Much as the last anon. said, there is usually at least three sides to a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Two sides to the story???

As they say, there are 3 sides to every story: his side, her side, and what actually happened. The marriage was in big trouble before the affair (and her manipulative plans), but that was the final nail in the coffin. Yes, they were both at fault, but I have to admit their reactions to the realization of "big trouble" is where I have to side with Tom. Wifey chose to have an affair and tolerate him for a while until she felt like ending the sham marriage. Tom tried talking with her and when she wouldn't admit a problem, he tried another "nuclear" solution, with the threat of an affair and taking off for 3 months. He at least tried: point hubby. Still a good story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
what an ugly couple

Unfortunately, neither got what they truly deserved, a lifetime of loneliness. And yes, he did deserve it for his trust destroying that of an affair. Your wife threatens to ch east on you? Yeah, marriage is over.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Tw0Cr0ws

It is like lack of trust or lack of sex drive. A woman may think she is putting out 100% sexually. Her husband may see himself on short rations! Whose opinion should we believe?

So too with his 'arrogance'. She found his attitude 'unbearable'. I think it pretty damned arrogant for you to say she is wrong. She is NOT wrong. Her metrics might be unreasonable, but I doubt her complaints are made of whole cloth. At the end of the day, SHE gets to decide what is or is not 'bearable'.

I found this a reasonably even handed piece. She wasn't happy, he wasn't happy. Because coaster is a guy, he has the man walk off scot free with happy young women eager to bounce on his cock, while the woman has...a bit more difficult time.

Since I found her attitude manipulative, I have no beef with the ending. In fact, with her conniving and manipulative attitude, she was TOO realistic a woman. Men think they know everything...but then a woman will jerk him up short when he gets too...um...what was the word? Arrogant! That's right.

Arrogance and unfair are two separate character traits.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
Tom's "arrogance" was all in Sarah's head

We can tell that from his relationships with Renee and everyone else he encounters during his tale; he never complains about getting bad attitudes from anyone but Sarah. Arrogant people aren't just that way with one person, they treat everyone badly.

phd70phd70almost 9 years ago
Spouses simply found other priorities than their relationship

Death of a marriage by accelerating neglect, given the final boot when the children left the nest. OK story, but no special kick or source of interest to stimulate reader attention. Dan

xtchrxtchralmost 9 years ago
Another Cheater!

Here we have another story about a cheater trying to blame the husband. Oh yeah, it's all his fault that I fell in bed and love with another man.(sarcasm). She is very simply a cheater with no respect for her husband. He should have dumped her with as little as possible as soon as he found out. She was not worth his time. As to the kids, I guess they belong with the cheating mother as she raised them so well. (more sarcasm).

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
but was he?

Arrogant?

But was he?

We have only her word that he was arrogant.

His interactions with other people does not show it.

Look at how he is with Renee, his executive assistant.

He pays her well, treats her well, calls her warm-hearted, knows her family life.

Even toward his wife/ex-wife, his treatment of her in the settlement of the divorce does not show arrogance.

If he was truly arrogant he would have said "I earned this, why should I share with her?"

She complains that he was disappointed because neither of his children wanted to take over the business he built?

Wanting one of his children to carry on what he started is arrogant?

They were quite happy to spend his money on Ivy League educations which would not bring them wealth or in the daughters case even an income.

But did he cut them off or did he pay?

She had no problem spending the money he earned, while earning none herself.

She was only too happy to live a idle rich lifestyle for much of their marriage.

Until like most spoiled people she got bored and wanted new toys.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Children

"My children had commiserated with me over the divorce, but they were always closer to their mother. I wasn't surprised and neither was I disappointed. I understood. Despite her perfidy, they loved her unconditionally and that was fine."

That's all well and good, but what if one of them gets married and Sarah doesn't want Tom there? Will their "unconditional love" for their mother allow them to cut their father out of their lives?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
"In the past two years...

my wife has become a bitch..." where have I read that before... oh yeah! in another 10 of your stories...

fifteen16fifteen16about 9 years ago
Typical

A typical tale of not communicating and taking each other for granted, in real life an all to frequent occurrence, talk ,argue, shout and maintain. Ooops, I have to go, I am being shouted at.

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
Like @KarenE I think...

Like @KarenE I think this story has a lot of holes...For me the major one was: he knew about her cheating and that she played him for a fool for a long time, and still he gave her divorce settlement that will see her though for the rest of her life?!!! The only funny thing was once again the cheater think that her (or his, depending who the cheater is) lover will marry her. Who wants to marry or live with a cheater? Who wants to be cheated too? That's why he left...2*

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Re-Reading

Why couldn't she TALK to Tom about how he had changed?

In any case, if she was unhappy enough to cheat, she should have gotten a divorce FIRST!

If her “sexuality is heightened”, why not share that with her husband, instead of cutting him off?

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHAT IS TO BECOME WITH THE BROKEN SPIRITED

looking for companionship in a crowded room. TK U MLJ LV NV

looking4itlooking4itover 9 years ago

I wonder how many cats a person can buy with a nice settlement...

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Wealth

Wealth can provide security and freedom. Unfortunately some use that freedom and security as a vehicle for bad behavior. Cheating and bad behavior in general seems to be most common in the lower class, those with nothing to lose and the upper class: those with so much that they will not be affected by a divorce. Those in between, have too much to lose. Middle class cheaters usually experience a precipitous decline in their standard of living do to divorce. This in turn adversely affects their children's futures as well. Cheating is supposed to be on the rise, perhaps this is due to the shrinking middle class.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
LOL, She Got What She Deserved!

Maybe not a true BTB, but she has lost her husband AND her lover, and will probably lead a sad, lonely life.

Couldn't happen to a nicer person!

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Weird

Really didn't like it. 2 **

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
France

"Aix-en-Provence, Marseille", were you ever there? If so, you did not read the names. Zinfandel is, compared to French wines, not very nice, more a kind of light-coloured lemonade. But probably your character didn't drink any wine in France?

The sudden change of a man into an arrogant shithead is not very well explained in the story. This comes very unexpected. It is not an excuse for the story, anyway.

sdc92078sdc92078almost 10 years ago
Was Tom an arrogant ahole?

The only person in this story who expresses that view is his cheating wife. Everyone else he encounters seems to get along with him just fine.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
life

I have known a lot of so called men that treat women like they own them.

they did not treat their wife like a person but as property. many here think

the wife was bad. she cheated and he was scum

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous