Freedom is Being Out of Jail

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Geneva shouted, "Yeah you better go Kevin."

Kevin drover off very slowly, nursing his jaw.

Ryan apologized to Geneva. "I couldn't hit him because if he complained to the cops I would be before the court again.

"My hero," Geneva smiled and kissed Ryan, oblivious to her family.

Gary came up and they broke apart. "Hi, good to see you again. Dad says you are coming in tomorrow to talk about a job."

"Yeah. What's your position now?"

"Operations manager."

"Who's in your old job as manager of the Oakland branch?"

"Old Mick Johnstone."

"Well retire him with a month's notice and a good gratuity to keep him happy. He can use that month to bed me in."

"Sounds a good idea eh dad? We talked about the problem of fitting Ryan in taking a better position than what he had before."

"You're the operations manager son. It's your decision."

"Well I'll talk to Mick tonight."

"Good one," Ryan said. "He'll remember me. I suggest you work out the golden handshake before you talk to him. Alternatively he may wish to stay on working in sales, calling on ranchers and farmers. That ought to please him."

Ryan left father and son on the veranda chatting and found the women in the kitchen, Kathryn rubbing salve on her daughter's forearm.

"Is there something going on between you two?"

"It would appear so," Ryan said.

"Geneva, I was expecting you to answer."

"I can't help myself mom; my attraction to Ryan is growing."

"Christ what's the town going to say?"

"Mom your attitude should be fuck what people say."

"Don't you dare use that word on me. You could lose your job?"

Ryan said, "Let's not over-react, we must take one step at the time."

"Geneva could lose her job at her school, being accused of associating with an undesirable."

"Even the mayor did a 7-day stretch for drunken driving in his younger days Kathryn."

Kathryn managed a smile. "Ah yes, I remember that."

"Leave it to me. I have an idea, Ryan said. "Drive me into the city please Geneva."

On page three of the Maxwell City Herald next morning was a double column advertisement:

'Public Apology

I, Ryan Bateman, hereby publicly apologize for the damage I was involved in to four stores in the city almost twenty months ago. I was jailed for two years on being found guilty of drunken driving and have been released early on the grounds of exemplary behavior. That is my punishment over. However I remain ashamed of my part in the damaged done to those commercial properties, the losses suffered by the investors, workers who either lost their jobs or had their pay curtailed and the inconvenience suffered by people who shopped at those stores and supplied those stores. It was a simple vehicle accident that went horribly wrong. My former employer has stood by me and is rehiring me because I have no wish to disappear from a Maxwell City, my hometown. As a college footballer who three times was in the right place at the right time in the Grand Final I made this city proud of my team but now I have disgraced myself and lost all the kudos, having less respect than even a stray and mangy dog. I am so sorry, really sorry. Thank you for reading this. R.B.'

When Ryan arrived for breakfast Merton was livid. "Look at this you stupid oaf. You've reopened the scars."

"I did what I felt I had to do. If you disagree too bad. You might consider I've had hours after boring hours to rethink about that fateful night that you obviously have put behind you. Well I carry the blame and now it's time to find out if I'm welcome back in this city."

"He's right Merton," Kathryn said. "In fact I believed it's an inspired move. Ryan, I want you to walk up and down Pioneer Memorial Avenue with me all morning."

"And I'll join you," Geneva said, glaring at her dad.

"What is this?"

Neither woman answered.

"Well perhaps I reacted a little trigger happy before thinking."

There was silence.

"Guys could I walk up the avenue with you, showing solidarity?"

"Yes," said the women and Ryan sniffed and said "Jesus! I wasn't expecting this."

"And I wasn't expecting you to stand up for my daughter yesterday and do it so intelligently," Kathryn said. "You made Gary, Merton and me look like idiots."

"Ah yes. I'd have to agree with that," Merton said. "I apologize for not supporting you instantly Geneva."

"It's fine and over with."

"I'll call Gary to reschedule your meeting with him to this afternoon Ryan. Well go to the avenue and eat breakfast on a table outside Geraldine's Restaurant. It will be a test to see whether citizens will stop to talk to you Ryan, even if to abuse you."

On the drive into the city Ryan said, "Gerry Mace interviewed me last night and that piece will run that tomorrow with my photo. It will include mention of dad being one of the most influential mayors in this city's history and mom being honored with the Founders Award for Excellent in Citizenship when she retired as medical superintendent of the Maxwell City Hospital after nineteen years as super. And mention will be made of my trio of touchdowns in winning the intercollegiate cup, the first and only time it has come to the city. Gerry was our captain."

The return of Ryan Bateman to Maxwell City went very well. People stopped to shake his hand with only a few people yelling abuse such as "Asshole".

When Ryan and the Joyce's reached Guthrie's Home Supply Store they found the Guthrie family on the footpath waiting for them with a TV crew also waiting.

"Mr Guthrie..."

"I know son," said Jack Guthrie. "We read your piece in the newspaper. I read it in amazement and said to Thelma, It's taken a brave man to do this. Thelma said we'd both had vehicle accidents and should know what it's like. You must come into our new store soon; we are so proud of it."

Owners of other stores came forward and shook Ryan's hand, bystanders applauding.

Jack Landers, proprietor of the Furniture Warehouse said, "Son your drunkenness cost us big but insurance covered us for most of that. My mom always told us you should forgive someone when they make one mistake. I read your piece in the newspaper and I wasn't ready to forgive you but then got to the piece about you being involved in that college football final. I was at that game with my father and we were so proud of the team, especially you, because you see we'd both played senior football for the college. I then remember my father and I jumping up and down hugging one another when you got that crucial touchdown and then again when you got the third one to make the game safe for use. For eighty-three years before that the college had failed to lift that championship. I brushed aside a tear, thinking about my dear dad no longer with us and thought what I should do something for that fallen hero. Mabel, give it to the boy."

"Ryan, it is our delight to present you with this voucher for Furniture Warehouse to supply you with furnishings for your new home to the value of $15,000."

A huge cheer range out and a press photographer caught Ryan being kissed by Mabel that was on the front page of the Herald next morning and was also shown on local TV news that evening.

Merton drove the women home before taking Ryan to the office of Merton Ranch and Building Supplies. Geneva was in the back with Ryan, squeezing hands with him. She then leaned forward.

"Mom, dad. I'm moving into the loft tonight to sleep with Ryan."

"Is that so," Merton said carefully.

Her mom said that was lovely and she would help Geneva shift her things.

"Oh if it's all right with mom it's very okay with me," Merton said.

On the way to the supply depot Ryan took a call.

"That sounded interesting," Merton said as Ryan slid his phone shut.

"Yeah, very odd. My driving license has been reinstated with confirmation I carried out requirements including completing the DUI program as part of my jail pre-release program. I was told the Lieutenant had seen me being greeted in Pioneer Avenue. Obviously some of that TV filming was being broadcast live. He said I'd been followed by officers driving a vehicle belonging to Miss Geneva Joyce and my driving appeared immaculate so a driving test seemed redundant. He also had played football at Maxwell college and mention of me figuring in that championship win reminded him of my massive contribution in that game. The Sergeant telling me this said the Lieutenant said a guy putting himself on the line like I did that day could possibly be all that bad."

"Jesus," Merton almost sobbed. "I cost you almost two years of your life and came within an ace of ruining it. I'm not doing enough to make it up to you."

"Don't fret. It was the roll of the dice. We both thought I'd get ninety-days, remember."

"Yeah, the roll of the fucking dice," Merton said bitterly. "You ended up putting your freedom and reputation on the line for me."

"Feel guilty but not too guilty," Ryan said. "I don't want you becoming withdrawn and forgetting how to laugh."

"Let's call in to pick up your license and I'll take the opportunity to confess to perjury."

"Christ, you can't do that. You'd get at least eight years, probably ten and think of the impact that would have on your family. And what about me Merton? If you did that my sacrifice would have been in vain. You stay in the vehicle while I go in and collect my license. You step out of the vehicle and you'll risk having your head knocked off by me."

"Oh shit. Why is it so difficult to do the right thing after being so far in the wrong?"

"As far as I'm concerned you'll be doing the right thing by keeping your mouth shut. Remember that Merton."

Ryan emerged with his reissued license, all smiles.

Just before dinner that night the house phone went and Kathryn called, "Ryan it's Gail from the horse ranch for you."

"Jesus,' Ryan said looking at Geneva apologetically.

She just smiled softly.

"Hi Gail how are the horses?"

"Fine but I was thinking more of my pussy. Um it's a Persian cross."

"Oh that's scary," Ryan joked and Gail laughed but sounding sad said he didn't appear interested.

"Sorry Gail. I'll continue on as a regular client but my interest centers on Geneva."

"Yeah well I can understand that. It still was worth a try. You and Geneva will always be welcome here."

"Thanks Gail. Off you go and pat pussy."

Kathryn had remained in the kitchen and was red-faced, attempting to stifle mirth. "God are you comfortable talking to women like that?"

"Gail has a Persian half-cross cat Kathryn."

"Ohmigod, I'm sorry."

"But my comment was filled with innuendo."

Kathryn shrieked in laughter and then wiping her eyes said, "Please tell the others to sit at the table. You really liven this place up dear."

"Mom are you going soft on our guest?" asked Gary, arriving home with dried blood under his nose and swelling round his right eye.

"Ohmigod Gary."

"Calm down mom. It's superficial. Kevin Walters and I went head to head in a bar until the fight was broken up. I was only just managing to hold my own."

"We shook hands and he complimented me for being a loyal brother. He knows I fancy his sister and said would I like to go over Saturday and partner Britt at tennis. He said he accepts Geneva is entitled to change boyfriends and no way would he take on the big guy and by that he means you Ryan."

"Well I hope that settles it," Ryan said. "Obviously we must have put up a good enough showing to impress him. Thanks buddy."

* * *

Geneva arrived up the stairs and carefully asked, "What do you wish to do?"

"Fuck."

"I actually meant do you wish to watch TV or sit out on the balcony and listen to music?"

"Why is your face so red?"

"I'm embarrassed and nervous."

"Come here sweet one and lick this. It's the best cure I know for embarrassment and nervousness."

"Oh God," Geneva said, almost stumbling as she walked the few paces to the bed when he lay and was now unzipping.

She licked and sucked untiring tiring. Ryan rolled removed her clothes and ran his tongue over her vulva just the once and then rolled on a condom.

"May I squirt your tits?"

"Yes."

"The female prison guards only took it up the back and wouldn't allow us to squirt on them or kiss them."

"Oh you poor deprived darling," Geneva groaned as he reached a depth farther than she'd ever been penetrated. "You are a big boy."

"Half an hour later they lay back resting. He kissed her and licked her nose tip and said, "Best fuck I've ever had."

She squirmed and said, "Go on with you."

"Well that's what you wanted to hear wasn't it?"

She smiled affectionately and stroked the side of his face.

"Your dad is paying me top money to manage the branch and is giving me big growth targets to achieve bonus payments. Will you live with me?"

"Oh god yes."

"Well you stay working as the company's financial controller and this weekend we'll look for a house with some garden. I grew up in a house with a garden."

"So did I."

Geneva asked firmly, "Have you ever thought about children playing beside the garden?"

"Sure have. Many times. Remind me to talk to you seriously about that when we pass the three-month mark?"

"What's the significance of that mark?"

"If we remain together after three months that should prove we are compatible."

"Oh I like that goal darling. I'm mark off my calendar every day."

THE END

12