Freja and Jeanie Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We're not married because I'm not nice, that you and I squabble like besties?" Alexa asked almost unconcernedly as she napalmed her scrambled eggs with Tabasco sauce and tilting her head at Alex. "Silly me, I thought it had something to do with Tyrannosaurus Sex here."

"Alli, behave," Karen chided, making her sister and Valentina giggle. "After breakfast, we have a Napa Valley train tour planned for a few hours. We sample wine during the trip and stop at a few wineries on the line. How does that sound?"

"I promise that Jeanette and I will try to relax and enjoy ourselves," Freja said, enjoying her soft-poached eggs. "But a good night of sleep, that will no doubt have helped."

Later that morning, a quaint train station just off McKinstry Street...

Freja and Alexa were standing some way down the platform from everyone else, giving them time to talk. They were standing close, holding one another's hands and their foreheads were pressed together. They spoke in Danish, just so that Freja felt less stress.

"I know I deserve all the shit that's gone down," Freja murmured, trying to control the trembling in her voice. Every bit as much as with Jeanie, she tried to be completely honest with Alexa. She always had for a decade now. In fact, Freja was, in some ways, more honest with Alexa than she was with her wife. Because she didn't want to worry Jeanie. But Alexa was strong and objective, and seemed to always have answers, even if it was just to fight your way out of the shitstorm you'd created. And whenever possible, she'd been right beside Freja, fighting. There had never been a better friend. How could there be?

There was nothing that her best friend and soulmate didn't know about her, no idiotic stunt, no depraved act. Alexa took in all in stride and loved Freja all the same. "What if I keep fucking things up for Jeanette?"

"Y'haven't yet, have you?" Alexa whispered back, squeezing her best friend's hands gently. She'd taken Freja down the platform to talk, with Jeanie's blessing. Jeanie, just like Alex, had no problem with how close the two girls still were, or even if they were still in love in some ways. Frankly, it made Jeanie's life easier that Alexa knew her wife so well. She was always willing to tell Jeanie how to deal with Freja. "And let's be honest, Fre, you're giving yourself too much credit here, thinking that you're the only one at fault."

"How can you say my wife's at fault?" the Danish girl asked, sounding more exasperated than she was. "You know damn well how sweet and innocent she is, she radiates it."

Alexa smirked. "You're in love with her because she's every bit as perverted as you are, Fre, don't lie. Yes, she's wonderful and sweet, but no girl who takes two dicks in each hole at once is innocent. She's your match in that regard, you just get to the bad ideas faster and she jumps on for the ride, shimmying her tits the whole way."

Freja sighed. "Why'm I still in love with you when you're such a bitch?"

"Because that's what's always kept you honest, you silly slut. I love you because you're more reckless than I could ever be, and you love me because I not completely insane and somehow always pull you back from the brink."

"And maybe the tits, too," Freja mentioned.

"Sure, and the tits, but that's just a given," Alexa said. "Look, I'm not kidding, Fre. Jeanie's in it for the long haul. She loves you, no matter what. She can't believe you love her despite how dumb she thinks she is. She's not used to it, you know that."

She moved her head slightly so that her lips were barely touching Freja's as she whispered, brushing them ever so gently. "You two struck the jackpot, finding each other, y'know."

"I know," Freja replied, whispering back, feeling the familiar tingle she always felt when she talked with Alexa this way. She knew the others could see them, and she knew none of them cared, Alexa's husband and her own wife included. "D'you... do you think we could've been happy together? You and me."

Alexa smiled. "Yes, Fre. We could've been married and happy, going on great adventures together. But let's face it, we both know we're happier now than we would've been with that ending. Alex is my everything, and Jeanie is your other half in ways even I can't be. It's like we built one another up to be who we are, so that when the people who were intended for us found us, we were ready and ripe for the picking."

"So you admit that it's your fault I'm this way," Freja stated, giving her friend a wicked smile. "I can blame my misbehaviour all on you."

"If that's what it takes to make you happy," Alexa replied, shrugging. "'sides, pretty sure you get a lot of the credit for making me who I am. I mean, I had to steal all this extra tit I carry around from somewhere, and you're the obvious victim."

"God, why do I love you when you are SUCH a cunt?" Freja pretended to grouse before dissolving in giggles with her best friend. "D'you really think we'll muddle through this, no matter how badly we've fucked it up?"

Alexa was still smiling, but looked serious when she spoke. "Fre, I want you to pretend to be my sister and Mike for moment, okay? Put yourself in their shoes. Alexa has just run away and destroyed everyone's lives in ways she can't imagine, not least her own. But her insane bestie and said bestie's wife help solve the mystery of where Alexa has gone, doing everything they can to bring the mopey bitch home."

She was caressing Freja's face, moving honey-blonde hair away from it, and smiling lovingly. "From their point of view, would helping set Freja and Jeanie up for life with financial security come even close to paying back that debt? I guarantee it doesn't. I'm afraid you're stuck with their undying gratitude, slut. Best get used to it."

Closer toward the middle of the platform, Jeanie was standing with Alex, also having a heart-to-heart, although maybe not quite as deep. She'd been leaning back against him, using his sturdy build as a wall while watching the tracks to see when the train was coming.

One Massasauga... two Massasauga...

"You seem like you're in better spirits today," he mused, putting an arm around her to make sure she stayed propped up, his hand on her midriff.

"Yeah, a decent night's sleep'll do that for you," she replied casually, taking his hand and moving it up until he was cupping her ample boob. She knew how she was comfortable. "I'm glad you guys're here and all, but I still dunno how we're gonna work this out. I mean, the profs said they're not doin' it for us, and we're still two idiot girls who don't know anything about selling products to industries, or business plans. So... if it's still up to us, we're just gonna fuck it up again, right?"

"I doubt it's that easy for you," Alex said, shrugging. "You know my parents, they've thought this through from angles even Lovecraft and Euclid don't understand. It may be up to you to get it done, but they're gonna set you up to not fail."

"Weird way of puttin' it, but I guess that's encouraging," she sighed, liking the feel of his strong hand on her breast. She knew that Freja and Alexa could see what they were doing, and didn't give a damn. The four of them were dearest friends, and lovers. Jeanie was pretty sure she could've married either Lexi or Alex and been very happy (if they could put up with how dumb she was), but in Freja she'd found a partner she'd only ever dreamed of, someone as perverted and prone to misbehaviour as her. How could she ever give that up?

How had Freja not ditched her by now because she was so stupid?

"I guess I just feel like we don't deserve this, y'know?" she explained. "I mean, we've been so dumb how we handled this. We could've asked for help, like normal, sane people when they don't know what they're doing, but noooooo, we had to go and do things the hard way. Seriously, how much crazy shit are normal and smart folk required to put up with before you are allowed to throw in the towel and walk away?"

"Would you expect Fre's family to walk away?" Alexa queried.

"Well, no, but they're Fre's family."

"Jeanie," Alex said, turning her around and holding her gently by the arms and looking down into her brown eyes. She shivered as she looked up into the piercing laser blue of his. "You just have to accept the fact that you're a part of this family now. You helped bring Alexa back. We're in no danger of ever paying off that debt. Hate to say it, but you're stuck with us, believe me."

"I believe everything you say..." Jeanie said dreamily, lost in his eyes and falling in love with him, as she always seemed to.

The blare of a train horn from down the track snapped her out of her reverie, and she looked over at the approaching engine before scowling up at Alex.

"Thanks, DeBourne," she groused. "I was tryin' to count how long it took the train to get here, but then you had to make me do all that thinky stuff. Not like I'll get to start over."

"At least you will with your business proposals," Alex laughed, not at all bothered by her complaining. They walked to join his mother and father in the middle of the platform. Freja and Alexa also approached, and the couples swapped off. Freja immediately took Jeanie in her arms and held her tight.

"Lexi make you feel better?" the brunette asked, breathing in her wife's scent as they hugged.

"As she always does," Freja replied, nodding. "That is her way. And Alex helped you?"

"In that weird DeBourne way, yeah," Jeanie said, shrugging. "He told me stuff I didn't wanna hear but needed to, and he fondled my tit. Win-win, right?"

"I am thinking those two are here as moral support to keep an eye on us, while Michael and Karen see to things in other ways, ja?" Freja mused, looking over at their friends. They were standing around, talking and laughing while the train came to a stop. It was an old-style engine, pulling several cars paneled in maroon and gold. They waited while the current passengers debarked and fresh supplies were brought on board. Freja watched the family intently. As unusual and exceptional as each of those people was, they all fit together seamlessly, and they were perfectly at home in this environment. "We are lucky to have them as our friends."

Before long, they'd boarded, the seven of them sitting in the most exclusive car. Mike, Karen, and Valentina sat at one table, while the two younger couples occupied one nearby. Jeanie was already making faces about some of the food listed on the menu.

"Duck liver mousse? Ew..." she said, wrinkling her nose.

"Bitch, please, I've seen what parts of Freja you're willing to put in your mouth, you're not fooling anyone," Alexa almost snorted. "Just have the salmon crudo, or the ricotta ravioli for your starter."

The train started making its way down its route and was supposed to take a few hours before it returned. Freja and Jeanie watched as wines were paired with their small courses, the attendants explaining what they should watch for in each glass. How that didn't include getting shit-faced, Jeanie would never know. She ignored the fact that her salmon crudo was raw fish (Lexi was right, she'd had squishier and more disgusting things in her mouth), and got into the spirit of the trip, laughing, talking, and trying to retain at least some of what the nice attendants and waiters were telling her. It seemed only polite, and she did actually like knowing things.

She just hoped this new wine info didn't push anything important out of her brain to make room.

Freja was sitting next to Alex and across from her wife at the table, and she watched the way everyone interacted and laughed. She felt relieved about how natural this all seemed. It was at odds with all the screw-ups she kept causing, but somehow she always ended up surrounded by friends, loved and cared for, assured everything would be all right.

She felt her cheeks flush at the thought of how lucky she was, because just about anyone else on planet Earth would be living on the streets by now, penniless and starving, if they'd done the stupid shit she was always doing. She didn't deserve this. But she also had Jeanette to look after now, and however much she may have wanted to beat herself up, there were bigger considerations now. Her wife was everything to her.

She didn't dare fail again.

"Try this one, Fre," Alex said as the attendant presented a bottle. "It's from one of our wineries, so a little bit of home, in a sense."

Freja sampled the wines, letting the alcohol soothe her still somewhat sensitive nerves. Her friends were here with her, and they had no intention of letting her fail. Maybe nobody really ever accomplished anything good entirely by themselves. If they came out the other side of this fiasco successfully, she promised herself that she would do everything she could to accept the help people offered.

What a tall order that would be...

***

The vineyard tasting train earlier that day had indeed been a fun experience for the pair, and they'd assured Jeanie she had to memorize next to nothing about what she was exposed to. Karen had expressed an interest in fine dining that evening, so proper outfits would be necessary. The little group strolled around downtown near the riverfront, looking at various boutiques where one could find elegant cocktail dresses for the ladies. Alex and Mike wandered off to a different store for men's suits.

"Mmm, I dunno," Jeanie mused as she held the smoky grey dress in front of herself and looked in a mirror while an attendant stood off to the side. "I mean, yeah, you're right, it's nice grey, but... I want a grey that's a little more sensual. Y'got anything in more of a Sasha Grey?"

"That one'll look good on you, Fre," Alexa said as she watched Freja hold an emerald green dress in front of herself. Freja seemed uncertain.

"You are thinking it is not making my breasts look small?" she asked. Given that her best friend and soulmate was easily a 40D, she had confidence issues. It was even worse when it was Alexa's time of the month, when she habitually went double D. When Freja got her period, her tits stayed the same stupid scrawny B they always were.

"No, it'll be great," Alexa pointed out, reaching into the dress and twirling her finger around in the cups. "Take a look, it'll give you some lift. You'll have great cleavage, Jeanie'll love it."

"She will?" Freja asked, her voice carrying a note of nervous hope.

"Mistress, you'll look splendid in that," Valentina said as she stood next to her tall, statuesque employer. Karen was considering a slinky black cocktail dress, the skirt of which almost touched the floor, but had a long slit up one side that reached her hip. It had sheathed shoulders, giving it a sensual feel. A black lace panel in the front promised almost scandalous cleavage. "That's been my favourite so far, I really hope you go with it."

"Thank you, darling," Karen said easily, nodding as she pictured how it would look on her. She even had the right jewelry to accessorize with it. "If you like it, then maybe it's what I'll go with. Now we should find something for you."

"Oh, no, mistress," the shorter woman replied, sharking her head. "No, my suit that I am wearing is fine, and it fits my look as your attendant. I'll think about a dress another time, I promise."

"Wow, Lexi," Jeanie breathed as she watched Alexa come out of the changing cubicle to display her deep blue cocktail dress. It didn't reach the floor like her older sister's stopping just shy of her knees. But she was absolutely stunning in it. "I mean, you'd rock a potato sack, but that looks incredible on you."

"Everything looks good on Alexandra," Freja sighed, now wearing her own green dress. "As it is, was, and ever shall be."

"Oh, Fre," Jeanie cooed, holding her wife and kissing her cheek. "You look beautiful. I'm so proud of how pretty my wifey-poo looks,"

"Maybe you have the 'poo' part right..." Freja muttered.

"So, tonight we'll be dining at the Cinnamond Club," Karen announced while they waited for Valentina to pay for everything, since she was her attendant. "We can head back to the Arquero and spend a few hours relaxing, because the club is not far away. Maybe some beverages in the café?"

As they walked down the street, with Karen and Alexa leading the way, followed by Valentina, Jeanie and Freja followed not too far behind. Jeanie took her wife's arm and whispered to her. "Is... izzit just me, or is Lady Prof seeming a little bit wistful these days?"

Freja pondered the question. "I would have to think about it. Maybe all I can think is that she has been somewhat softer than normal?"

"I guess, maybe," the brunette said, shrugging. "She hasn't threatened to kill us, which is kinda what we expected when we started this clusterfuck, right? I'm still kinda off balance about why we're not dead yet, y'know?"

"This is perhaps true, but I am now relieved," Freja admitted nodded. "Our lives, they seem to be charmed."

"Well, none of it is our fault if they are," Jeanie muttered.

They reached the hotel and hung up their dresses before heading down to the café, having a good time laughing and discussing nonsensical things. Karen seemed to be in no rush to discuss the matters at hand, so Freja and Jeanie trusted to that. They'd never known her to not be on top of things before, after all. It was her intent that they relax and enjoy themselves. Maybe an hour had passed before they were joined by the boys. Karen excused herself to go upstairs with her husband, apparently to 'check on some issues'.

"That's Lady Prof code for gettin' it in, isn't it?" Jeanie posited, making Valentina snicker.

"Possible, knowing mom and dad," Alex allowed. "But they also might be doing some planning and just didn't wanna bore us with the deets."

"Maybe Jeanette and I, we should be involved in these deets of yours?" Freja suggested, not sure if she was bothered by the implications.

"Yeah, because that's worked so well for you up until now," Alexa quipped, pinching her best friend's ear. "We're all fetuses, Fre, let the adults handle this. Sometimes it's our job to just sit back, watch and learn. Accept it."

Freja scowled and nipped the side of Alexa's hand while everyone else laughed. Fine, she'd leave it to the adults. Apparently she was a menace to herself, after all. She still had no idea how this situation would be resolved, which made relaxing hard. Didn't she have a wife to look after?

She just needed to have the same faith in everyone else that she'd had in herself and Jeanette before everything had fallen apart. She had no business being difficult. This had all been her fault, after all.

How would she ever forgive herself, even if everyone else did?

***

The Cinnamond Club, Main and First streets, later that night...

"Wow, ritzy," Jeanie murmured, looking around as they were led into the establishment. The place was dark and warm, with lots of booths and tables surrounding a stage that sat against the back wall. The place was old brick, and seemed to have once been a series of vaulted rooms, now opened to one another. A jazz quartet was playing as they were led to their booth. "I dunno if we'll ever be chic enough to fit in a place like this, Fre, no matter how dressed up we are."

"You are only saying this because we are here with Karen and Alexandra," Freja assured her wife quietly, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. "Never decide how much we deserve to be in a place if they are with us. If they were not, we would fit right in, based on how we are dressed. We do fit in, my love. We just must not compare ourselves to people who are better at this sort of thing. Just be confident in us."

1...45678...16