All Comments on 'French Letters'

by KeithD

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Abrupt ending

It seemed like there was more to be told with this story - more about why Claude was willing to share Celestine with Edmund, more about the time they spent in Colmar, more about Powell’s hold over Edmund and how it shifted to Eddie - and how Edmund could’ve allowed that given that Powell all but ruined his life in France. Did Eddie’s mom know about Celestine and Powell (and others?)? And more about Eddie’s time with Claude, with Jacques, and how Powell reacted to Eddie ignoring his commands to return and how Eddie broke free of it. It was a great - albeit a bit confusing - story that seemed to speed up at the end and then conclude abruptly. Would like to read more about Eddie and all these unanswered questions.

KeithDKeithDover 3 years agoAuthor

It's a short story, not a novel. Perhaps you might brush up on the difference between the two modes.

DevonCowboyDevonCowboyover 3 years ago
A love triangle

A great story. Another reader commented that he wanted more answers about unwritten gaps in the story, but for me those gaps are a crucial part of the story. Gaps that allow one's own imagination to fill; gaps that Eddie would never be able to fill with the truth once the 3 lovers had died, but, I'm sure, his own imagination would have filled. The best stories allow the reader to properly use their imagination - if they have one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This was an amazing story. I loved it. It certainly could make for an interesting novel too if expanded.

MetawampeMetawampeover 3 years ago
Twists and Turns

A very interesting story which would make an interesting motion picture.

catamitecatamiteabout 3 years ago

WOW! This turns out to be one of my absolute favorite stories. I love the theme and historic period. I keep imagining my own father life in this story, a young man from rural Canada traveling to a far away little known land to fight a evil empire. A search for some semblance of passion and warmth be it with a young woman or man. Being with a man, whether a troop mate or local sympathizer, a passionate love affair would certainly be unmentionable at best. Thanks Keith for the PASSION.

Greetings from the east coast of Canada, the Maritimes.

SugarShark13SugarShark13over 2 years ago

Amazing love story Keith. Was just as surprised as Eddie that the nurse turned out to be a man. But to imagine a 20 year long distance love affair is amazing. I'm glad Eddie is trying to get rid of that General, good riddence!!

Calico75Calico753 months ago

A lovely, interesting story with nice twists and turns. Love the format. Well done!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKeithD@KeithD
For the information of the GM reader, KeithD is the new account name for stories (many of which are published to the marketplace under the names habu and Dirk Hessian) that were previously posted to Literotica under the name sr71plt. The sr71plt account had a goal of 1,001 pos...