All Comments on 'Frenemies with Benefits Ch. 05'

by sultrylove

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The end of the romance!

Really there doesn't need to be another chapter because after what Jenny has just done there is no way in the real world that John would get back with her! I can't believe I was waiting eagerly for this!

IannaWIannaWover 13 years ago
No she didn't

Not loving this installment, but I guess that's what's happens in real life - people who are hurt make rash decisions. Can they have a future now? Would be interesting to see how this all plays out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
saw that comin

Saw that comin 2 chapters ago will it be in # 7 or 8 that she finds out she's pregnant by mr one nite stand. Thought you might be headed somewhere different but why be original .........

story gettin zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
great series

just continue with the series. i would really like to see them patch up. delay the proposal. it would be nice to build up the romance first after what happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Answers to the last paragraph.

Nothing.No.No.No......The story has ended,it has nowhere else to go..Jenny finds out that she is pregnant & has an STI...John resigns & moves away..because let's face it there should be no way on earth the 2 of them should end up together or are we getting the whole loving wives/cuckold thing. Disappointed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Yikes

So I'm guessing she's preggers hence the tiredness etc. Feel really bad for John, waiting to see if they can get it together. That's a tough one to come back from.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

There is nothing remotely likable about Jennifer. I hope they is some way you can get John a woman worthy of him. Because there isn't one redeeming quality about Jennifer. she sucks!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Poor John!

Jennifer, by having revenged sex, is too impulsive to be an ideal general manager, a position that requires good judgement and obviously she lacks that. John redeems himself in this chapter and I am beginning to like him. Jennifer -- not too much. Overall, i love this series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Interesting

Very interesting and well written story. It would be nice to see a realistic continuation, and not some pansy assed reconciliation between them.

sultrylovesultryloveover 13 years agoAuthor
yikes

Goodness the public is fickle. I loved this chapter myself actually. You asked for drama, and I thought I gave it. I'm sorry I disappointed. There will be one last chapter and no, she's not pregnant, nor does she have a disease. I'm not being a spoiler, but I am a sucker for happy endings. Sorry to be a disappointment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Reality

Good chapter, although Jennifer does seem to be a bit shallow and detached from others. John has developed better than I had thought his first appearance would let him, he has turned into a relatively likable character.

Overall a good story, if you can tie it up and make it a happy ending in one chapter it may feel too rushed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Cool

Looooved this chapter. Was pretty realistic, the mistakes they both made made their characters that much more real and deep. That's not to say that I liked what she did, actually thought she wasn't going to go through with it and it would have ended up in rape. But the speech John gave her? Pretty cool. She's going to have to do something huge to fix this, looking forward to the seeing what happens. That are going to have to work hard to make it work.

Keep up the amazing work and thanks for updating consistently, don't think it's gone unnoticed :)

Ps: thanks for the spoiler alert, this story definitely needs a happy ending and don't worry about it people don't know what they want lol

ahhhughhahhhughhover 13 years ago
NOt at all

a disappointment! You can't please everyone girl! I think the drama is great! This is one of my favorite story lines right now! Keep up the good work darlin!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Damn

I was really liking this story. You're a sucker for happy endings? You've got to be kidding. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

pouncingtigresspouncingtigressover 13 years ago
not a disappointment!

I really like this chapter, thought it was quite realistic. So the ONS probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but hey - people do stupid things, esp in the heat of the moment. Sometimes that makes for really good stories (bad decisions = good stories). First John had his epiphany about his asshattery, now it's Jennifers turn - fair's fair, after all.

And I like Jennifer better now, actually. She deserved to vent her anger and frustration at her parents, esp her mother (yikes - how unsupportive! I'm glad my mother wasn't like that). Good thing her brother has his brains together.

I'm looking forward to how you're going to resolve this. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
i liked it

keep it coming. i'm hoping for a happy ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Another amazing chapter. Yeah Jennifer's hook up with the guy from the club wasn't the brightest idea but it's not like she was thinking rational. Him taking credit for the project, the fight with her parents, seeing him with another woman...she was bound to snap eventually.

They'll get it right eventually.

luv_romanceluv_romanceover 13 years ago
you did it again!!

nice chapter!!! but another cliffhanger. awwww!!

how could jennifer do a revenge F??? yeah she was irrational..i understand...but how could she? i hope john coz get past that thing. but i really wish nothing happened with bryan, the random guy. haaaayy..... it happened...so let us see how this will unfold.

write fast, really fast pleaseeee...pretty please. :)

LadyPartsLadyPartsover 13 years ago
If I only had a nickle..

For each time my mother said; "I just don't know what you want from me..."

What John did was pretty shitty and what Jennifer did was even shittier. That's bound to be one hell of a make up sex scene!

peethreepeethreeover 13 years ago

Great update! They both let their emotions take over and now Jenny is going to have to get on her knees, literally.

marklionmarklionover 13 years ago
GREAT Chapter!!!!

I like the chapter that you just wrote about Jennifer and John. I think she acted to impulsively at her parents house. Then she went out and found herself a stud to have sex with to get back at John which was dumb. I'm glad that the end of the chapter that John did become honest with her about her promotion. I hope they get back together and have some good makeup sex to get their relationship back together because they deserve each other.

Mark

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Happy ending please

I love this series, but please make it a happy ending, Jennifer now needs to make the grand gesture to John and do some grovelling, then they can live happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I AGREE WITH ALL THE ABOVE

Please keep writing and hopefully now that John has swallowed his pride Jennifer will do so also. I will keep watching.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
More please!

I enjoyed reading all the chapters. I know this is only fiction, but it needs to be a little bit more real. Companies have strict rules about dating and supervisor and subordinate are not supposed to date. Perhaps in your plot you might want to consider having one to leave the company or having both of them to be in the same level position.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Keep up the good work!

Your series has been going great. Let me put it this way...in the past decade, this is the FIRST time I have left a comment for a story.

Each chapter is about the right length with a good amount of substance. There's great chemistry with the leads. For a story that shows two points of views, it doesn't jump around too much that it gets obnoxious.

As for the person that said..."I know this is only fiction, but it needs to be a little bit more real. Companies have strict rules about dating and supervisor and subordinate are not supposed to date." Hahahahahaha...good stuff. Just because people aren't supposed to date, doesn't mean they won't sneak around to do it. Hahahahaha...that person had to either of been joking, extremely sheltered, or extremely fugly to never have anyone flirt with them in the office. Sorry, sorry, one more possibility, they work in a nunnery.

Anyways, back on track, great story so far. Keep up the great work!

Reader67Reader67over 13 years ago

Sultry loved chaps 1-4 but from a realistic sense there is no scope for a happy ending. Whether you have done this deliberately or not out of the 2 main characters you have developed John slightly more,by doing this,as a reader, you have more empathy with John than Jenny,this to me has resulted in the "john" we know from previous chapters would not take Jenny back -she has just answered her door with another man's *** running down her legs -sorry crude but true. Or perhaps it's just me because I'm not "wired" that way? If it was me I would be moving on & leave Jenny to rue what could have been!

How did Jenny think that her Portfolio get to management?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
please continueplease

continue this story please. i enjoy it so much.

sultrylovesultryloveover 13 years agoAuthor
@reader76

I understand your point, but thus story is a bit more based on reality than you know. Tons of women cheat on men all the time, and their men keep them. And in this case, technically, she didn't cheat in him at all. They weren't together. Thank you for the input though.

grunabonagrunabonaover 13 years ago
Damn, again

I would say if John can't do better than Jennifer for a wife, he should remain single. It's a shame, but as I said earlier, you really can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, much as you might wish to do so.

honeybreehoneybreeover 13 years ago
What the hell...THIS STORY WAS NOT DISAPPOINTING AT ALL 5 STARS!

Please don't listen to these people and keep going with this story! I find it funny that most people say John should leave Jenny because she "cheated" but how quickly do we forget that John stayed with Vanessa and she cheated, HELL he even cheated on Vanessa with Jenny! Let's stop being hypocritical people! Besides, technically she didn't cheated because they were over at the time but if the shoe was on the other foot and John cheated most people would be okay with Jenny taking him back or forgiving him, so why can't a female character be held to the same forgiving standards like male leads?????

Anywho, this is my first time commenting but I love this story so much I felt the need to tell you becaus each read is worthy of five stars. I love the dynamics of these two and the imperfectness of them that makes them so perfect. Personally, I feel they both have a lot of growing up to do and need to teach each other to love instead of using th safety net of hating each other to get by or lashing out at each other when they are hurting. But I can't wait for the next chapter keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Dump the Bitch

No real man would want to be back with her - she has ruined any possibility by telling him she fucked whatshisname.<P>

You screwed up writer. The mountain you created is too high for a reasonable normal person to care anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
FINSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!

Please hurry up & finsh!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
keep it going!

This story is great! i hope you keep it going

gravyruggravyrugover 13 years ago
Double standard much?

All these folk dumping on Jennifer for having a revenge fuck make my head hurt. I mean, seriously folks, the guy actively steals a promotion from her and expects her to be happy about it? Her parents obviously think the guy's shit doesn't stink, and that she's some kind of underachieving loser, and aren't shy about saying so in front of her. Of course she's gonna do something irrational to get back at him. And his apology? He's still taking credit for "getting" her the promotion, as if it wasn't what should have happened from the beginning, and expects her to automatically forgive him? C'mon! John is a jerk, has been a jerk for years, and is only just now beginning to realize what a jerk he is, and that only after Mike smacked him upside the head with it. I think he needs to do a lot more groveling and making up for past idiocy.

sultrylovesultryloveover 13 years agoAuthor
Sorry

for the delay on ch. 6. I did still write it, for those of you who were wondering, and it's been submitted. For those of you who did not like my spoiler alert, you probably shouldn't read it. It should be up in a few days.

Kuuipo_23Kuuipo_23over 13 years ago

I can't believe all the comments condemming Jenny. John is no saint! He cheated on Vanessa with Jenny and he used her ideas to get a promotion. If this was a long-term couple the reactions may have been different but with their history Jenny had no reason to trust John or to believe in him. It's not like these chracters just met, they have known eachother for years, and most of that time was spent hating eachother.

As for the revenge sex I guess no one has ever tried to hurt the person who did them wrong? It was misguided and not the best decision but it was realistic. Just like John had to be taken down a peg it's now Jenny's turn to be humbled. I think this story has a number of places it can go, and I can't wait to read what happens next! Keep up the good work :)

ahhhughhahhhughhover 13 years ago
Another note..

Honey, don't be discouraged by the negative comments. Take them with a grain of salt, store the helpful critism away, and well fuck the rest of 'em ;) Focus on the positive and all of us who are enjoying a real story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
great!

hope there are more installments!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I want more! where's chapter 6! Amazing story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
It was realistic, I guess

First of all, thank you for the nice story. I did not like this part of it much, but then again, I don't read these things for the realism they bring to my life.

I will read the next (and last?) chapter, I like happy endings too. I just hope this is not one of the classic harlequine endings where the woman has done the worse (I think John is not anywhere near perfect, but he didn't deserve what he got...) but in the end it is the man who realizes he's done wrong and comes crawling back. Because, franctly, Jen does not deserve that at the moment. And before anyone says, deserving has nothing to do with that, I know that. But if that happens I will be disappointed.

But still, thanks for the story.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
YOU ARE A GREAT STORY TELLER

Please ignore the hateful and derogatory comments. Try to remember that we readers are all Assholes, it's just some of us are developed enough to ware pants so you can't tell! But seriously you need to separate the rants about the story plots (not impOrtant) with those constructive comments about the actual writing. SO I love the story so far and am quite taken by your writing style and the emotional picture you paint for your characters. Personally I like more dialog than narration but that's just little ole me. MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM MONTREAL WITH LOVE!

WaltzWaltzabout 13 years ago
This is a brilliant story, one of my new favorites.

As the poster before me stated, ignore the hateful comments.

I can see why other readers would be displeased; I was angry with her too, but it's not going to make me stop reading.

It's a realistic story, and there really are people who make impulsive, regretful decisions like that. A few of my friends have; hasn't stopped me from being their friend, now has it?

You've captured human nature at its highs and lows.

Congratulations, darling. You're an all star story teller, and you've snagged yourself a new avid reader.

got2luvmelgot2luvmelover 10 years ago
Sad

That chapter made me cry...so sad for John and Jen.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Can they reconcile!

5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous