All Comments on 'Freshman Flirt Pt. 01: Befriending'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
JoshFrom53JoshFrom53almost 3 years ago

I see that I still have a lot to learn.

I loved it.

triplethreat7triplethreat7almost 3 years ago

I can tell how it's going to play out but I'm excited for the journey. Great piece.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 3 years agoAuthor

Author's Note: Thanks for reading and to Josh for the comment.

There was one picky error that I forgot to fix (that I've noted, anyway). Some colleges have a few very selective programs that take only the top applicants from among the current student body. When Barry says his major is undeclared, he probably should have added, "but I'm hoping to apply to the business program in the spring, assuming my grades are good enough." When he was later considering transferring to State to be with Evie, she noted that program was why he went to his college instead of hers in the first place.

Vintage_DMVintage_DMalmost 3 years ago

Ah yes, the knife in the back. Or could it be a drop of poison for the pen? Either way, the impossible has died. Nicely written, I think. By the way, I post stories in the mature section now and then—five stars.

LinnetLinnetalmost 3 years ago

Part one looking good! I’m really looking forward to reading the rest soon.

HragsHragsalmost 3 years ago

Your story is great. So maybe should have told her about Mandy . Bet it was Cathy who told her,u think? Look forward to more chapters. Keep up the good work. Excellent story!!!

DINGDONG33DINGDONG33almost 3 years ago

Very well written and true to life events as I remember my Freshman year and the hardships of keeping up with school work and trying to maintain a relationship. Keep the story going and I can't wait to see how they work things out good or bad as we think when young.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelalmost 3 years ago

What a promising start! Can't wait to read more :)

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunalmost 3 years ago

As always, really well written, and a great start.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Strong characterizations, detailed settings, some intriguing story hooks -- excellent beginning, hope you can keep the quality at this high level. Now, onto Pt.2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
1*

THE MISUNDERSTANDING!!!

Fucking HATE that trope. I'm done here.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 1 year agoAuthor

Author's Response:

Thanks to all who've provided feedback in whatever form. If I missed replying to anyone who commented with their username, I apologize. As to Anonymous of 4/23/23, thank you for your feedback and your rating. I'm sorry you felt it was so bad and that you focused your hate (your word) on that particular aspect rather than seeing it as the setup for what's to come in future chapters. I hope you'll find a story somewhere that you'll enjoy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES