All Comments on 'Freshman Flirt Pt. 04: Romancing'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
4certain4certainover 2 years ago

With so many other options available, it is nice to see a HEA (happily ever after) ending. Thank you for a story with familiar references and geography, well developed and likeable characters, and a believable story line.

pepepilotpepepilotover 2 years ago

Good story and I kept waiting for the next chapter. I also appreciated the fact that the story was complete, had a good beginning, solid middle, and even had a complete ending. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story and characters. Thank you for sharing it with us. I really enjoy your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent ending, great story. I enjoyed it from start to finish. Keep up your excellent work. Five stars all the way.

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 2 years ago

Great story. Excellent narrative

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

The sex scenes were a little more extensive than necessary. Are readers really fapping to detailed depictions of middle-aged geezers shagging?

.

The narrative also missed an opportunity to really dig into Barry's motivations, though Mandy briefly touched upon it when she asked him why he was still single. Barry and Mandy were casual friends as college freshmen, and then lost contact for a quarter century. Isn't Barry's pursuit of Mandy a tad obsessive? Coming to grips with Barry's fixation on revisiting events and people from a long-gone past might have given this final chapter some additional dramatic charge. I missed a more visceral evocation of the setting of Pt.1, perhaps as dialogue reference or even scenic flashback, so that I as a reader could experience emotionally Barry's nostalgia, his need to go back and fix the past, to heal time's wound.

.

Freshman year of college, when you leave home for the first time, where you get to actually live with your friends, where you invent your identity, is a time of great intensity and a kind of magic. The insight that this affecting story gave me is that there is a magic that s always there, at every moment of your life. It just becomes harder to discern it as you age. Barry found that magic again, and became a newly fresh man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There's the seven year itch. And then there is the 24 year burn. And that itch continues needing to be scratched throughout.

Good story and wonderful plain extra-ordinary human emotions. Fully and truly enjoyed it!

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Great story and well written Decent logic but the logic trail has some interesting shortcomings. The 24 year hiatus during which he numbly walks through an almost monastic ignorance of his two loves is utterly unexplained. The gap makes so little sense of that the reader stumbles and stops suspending disbelief. This gap breaks the flow and the stories internal logic collapses into a series of poorly related vignettes To installments 3 & 4 thus become disjointed and the reader loses track of the metanarrative connectivity. This forces the author to resort to deux ex machina way to often further disjointing the narrative flow.

Still enjoyable romance. 5 stars.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyover 1 year ago

I just finished reading the four parts of this romance and enjoyed doing it. Just the fact that the protagonists are usually decent people who carry their respect and love towards each other into the bedroom sets these stories apart from the lot. Granted, Barry's motivation to try and reconnect with the cockteasing girl he had tutored a couple of decades ago remains somewhat nebulous, but I'd have to reread one or the other paragraph to be sure, somehow it feels as if there was something in the subtext giving us an explanation. Let's say he was realizing that there might have been potential for a relationship and that he is seeking some sort of closure as a result of her almost mysterious disappearing act. Even as these thoughts and ideas are likely delusional, it's still a possibility that, at a certain time in your life, you just might want to know for sure. The guy is in a safe place economically, but otherwise stalling,vso he is grasping at straws in a way.

This is well worth 5 stars anyhow. I try to remember other contributions I have read on Literotica and how those fare in regards of stars appointed to them. That way the rating becomes a no-brainer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A really good story! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

4 chapters and no confrontation with Cathy? I dunno mate, Good story but lacking

UncleBozzinUncleBozzin7 months ago

On the brow or overlooking Little River?

kaotic2kaotic22 months ago

I loved this very much. Thank you.

LitCritLitCritabout 1 month ago

Nicely rounded off - well done!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories