Freshman Week Ch. 03: Best Friends

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Charlotte's moving must have slightly stirred the sleeping girl. Sarah nuzzled her face into her neck. Still asleep, she muttered something almost inaudible, "...ove you."

Charlotte smiled. She closed her eyes again and let the warmth take her.

XxXxX

November 23rd:

It started snowing early on Canterbury campus. The temperature wasn't low enough for any to stick, but the ivory flecks drifting through the air made the world seem magical. As if Christmas had come early.

Charlotte watched them fall from Sarah's dorm room window. Her first semester was coming to an end. On Monday, she would go home for the first time since arriving at Canterbury U. Only for a few days, for Thanksgiving, but it still felt strange. How quickly this place had become her home. How quickly Sarah had become her family.

The microwave beeped in the living room. Its door opened and closed. "They're ready!" called Sarah.

Charlotte turned to watch her friend come back to the bedroom. She could see her nipples poking through the thin material of her yellow camisole. Below it, Sarah only wore a set of black panties. In her hands were two steaming mugs. "Hotness, coming in!"

Charlotte flipped back the covers so that Sarah could get into the bed. Sarah handed the other girl her hot chocolate. "Thanks, babe," Charlotte said in a gruff imitation of Ross.

Sarah laughed and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. "Oh, of course dear!"

Charlotte blushed, the redness running from her face to her neckline. It was a rather low neckline, which left a great deal of Charlotte's cleavage exposed. Not the sort of thing she'd have dared to wear two months ago. Sarah had picked it out.

Not unlike her friend, Charlotte was very lightly clad. Other than her low cut V-neck, she only had on panties and a pair of thermal socks. Since Halloween night, the two girls had gotten very comfortable around each other's bodies. Many Friday and Saturday nights were spent at one or the other's dorm room, without bras or pants. This appeared to be Sarah's natural state, and Charlotte was learning to enjoy her friend's brand of bodily liberation.

Sarah settled into her spot beside Charlotte and pulled the blanket back over them both. Charlotte pressed play on the laptop that rested in between their legs and the Netflix romantic comedy they selected earlier began to play.

This was a rare weekend. Neither of them had an urgent assignment or exams to study for, Ross was too busy to visit, and Nadine was away visiting family. That meant the two really had nothing better to do than enjoy each other's company in a warm dorm room and drink holiday beverages. It was everything Charlotte had hoped for when she came to college.

But some things had changed since then. Deep down, she could feel an idea festering. A drive she didn't know how to express. It wasn't semi-nudity that did it for her anymore, but sitting in a bed with her best friend awoke that sensation she'd felt in her stomach back when she first saw Sarah and Ross making out. When they were this close, when she could feel Sarah's hip against hers and could clearly smell her shampoo, it was stronger than ever.

At some point in the movie, after the hot chocolate had been drunk and the meet cute had occurred, Sarah rested her head on Char's shoulder. Charlotte didn't complain.

It was a pretty old movie. An early 2000s teen sex comedy in the ilk of American Pie, the type of movie Sarah had giggled with her friends about at sleepovers years ago. She was familiar with the tropes, gratuitous female nudity, vulgar language, gross-out humor, but she hadn't seen this one in particular. She was caught off-guard in the second act, when the male hero found himself in the room of a female classmate. The woman, not the primary romantic interest, was already in romantic embrace with another female classmate. The two nearly nude temptresses beckoned the hero to join them. He showed little resistance.

The sex scene wasn't especially graphic. The intercourse was clearly simulated, intercut with humorous beats, and didn't show any direct sexual contact on screen. Despite this, Sarah couldn't help but pull at her collar. The sequence brought to mind the way that Charlotte had become a figure in her sexual relationship with Ross. She had talked about it with her boyfriend. They'd mostly joked about it, but her name also came up once when they were having sex. Sarah hadn't objected. Ross wouldn't suggest a threesome, she was always more than enough for him, but she knew it was a fantasy he had. She still wasn't sure how she felt about that.

Sarah glanced sideways at her friend. Charlotte's eye darted away from her.

Not wanting to make the tension more obvious, Sarah left her head on Charlotte.

A few scenes later, Charlotte put an arm around Sarah's shoulders. The other girl wriggled deeper into the embrace.

"Do you ever think about the time we kissed?" Charlotte asked.

"When I was training you? Of course, that was insanely hot. I gave Ross some pointers based on that kiss. And sometimes, when I'm alone..." Sarah bit her lip, hesitated. "Well, sometimes I think about it then too."

Charlotte nodded. "I think about it a lot too. Because it was hot, sure, but also because it was special to me. Because of how special you are to me. What I'm trying to say, I think, is that I'm glad you were my first kiss."

Sarah lifted her head so she could turn and look Charlotte in the eye. There was a small smile on her face. "You mean a lot to me too, Char. I've never had a friend like you."

"You ain't never had a friend like me," Charlotte corrected. The two cracked up. Sarah's head touched Charlotte's breasts as she hung her head in laughter.

Char acted before she thought. When Sarah raised her head and opened her eyes, Charlotte leaned forward and kissed her. Sarah was taken aback at first. She was motionless. Charlotte prayed silently she wouldn't refuse her. That this wouldn't be the end of it.

Then Sarah tilted her head. Her mouth slowly opened.

It had been more than two months, but Charlotte found that making out with her best friend was like riding a bike. Their mouths moved as a unit. Their tongues toyed with each other. Sarah put a hand on the other girl's back, drawing their chests together.

Charlotte used her feet to push the laptop onto the far foot of the bed before she rolled onto her best friend. Sarah groaned lightly, feeling Char's weight bearing down on her. The girl on top pulled away slightly, but she didn't break the kiss. She was just creating a space between their abdomens.

Charlotte put her hands on Sarah's stomach and ran them up her abdomen, feeling her toned abs. She stopped when her fingers reached the base of Sarah's boobs.

Reluctantly, Charlotte broke the kiss. She looked down at her friend's flushed face. "Do you want me to?"

Sarah was grinning. "I really, really do."

Charlotte hesitated. "Would Ross be ok with this?"

"Ross has basically cosigned on this already," Sarah laughed. "Besides, isn't this why girls go to college? To experiment?"

Charlotte brought her hands over Sarah's tits. She squeezed. They were soft, but firmer than hers. Maybe because they were smaller. Charlotte released them from her grip so she could see the nipples again. With her finger, she softly rubbed Sarah's right nipple from over camisole. The recipient hissed with pleasure.

"God this is too much."

Sarah pulled her friend back into a kiss. As they made out, Charlotte grabbed the hem of Sarah's camisole and pulled it up and over her breasts. Without looking she grabbed them again. Her skin was so warm.

Sarah moaned into her mouth as Charlotte kneaded her breasts. With her fingers, she hooked the bottom of Charlotte's shirt and pulled it over her head, freeing her breasts. Without warning, she flipped the other girl onto her back.

"I got a taste before. Now I'm starving."

Charlotte shivered as the other girl licked her nipple. Before it had only been a second, long enough to snap a pic. Now she was taking her time. Sarah was alternating, teasing. Charlotte wondered if she acted like this when she blew Ross.

After a minute, Sarah clamped her mouth onto Charlotte's left breast and began to suck in earnest. The other girl didn't know what to do other than put her hands on the back of Sarah's head to encourage her and try not to cry out.

"O-ok," said Charlotte after a minute or two. "Th-that's enough. I need to breathe."

Sarah lifted off her friend and rolled to the side. She pulled her shirt entirely from her body as she laid down, observing her spent companion with a smile.

Charlotte was laying there, her tits fully exposed, panting with a pleasant blush to her face.

"Did you cum, Char?" asked Sarah.

"I don't think so," said Charlotte. "That was just intense. My poor boobies need a break."

Sarah laughed. "Sorry, but they were so good! I could've nibbled on you for another hour."

Charlotte shivered.

Sarah glanced down at her friend's panties. The front of them were a darker shade than they had started. "Maybe I can show you something else. Another way to have a good time."

The long haired girl laid flat, saying nothing but inviting Sarah's advances nonetheless.

Slowly, Sarah slid her right hand under Charlotte's panties. The girl tensed reflexively, but made herself relax. She trusted Sarah.

Sarah closed her eyes as she tried to imagine what she was touching. She felt soft hair. Nothing very long, not enough to be curly. It felt nice. Charlotte moaned as she ran her fingers through the girl's underbrush.

Sarah ran a finger up and down Charlotte's opening. Her sex trembled. In response, Sarah started making circles, those damnable circles, over Charlotte's vagina, gradually spiraling toward her clitoris.

Charlotte gasped when the finger pressed against her clit.

Sarah leaned toward the girl. "This is what Ross does to me," she whispers. "It drives me crazy every time."

Charlotte launched herself forward at Sarah. She grabbed her by the midsection and began licking her right nipple with an uncharacteristic intensity. Sarah moaned appreciatively, but didn't let it distract her. She slid one of her other fingers into Charlotte's opening.

Briefly, Charlotte detached. "Not too deep," she whispered in between panting.

"Don't worry. I won't pop it."

With her free arm, Sarah held the girl as she squealed and squirmed, all the while kissing and licking Sarah's tits. The front of Sarah's panties had long changed shades from her on-going stimulation. She could do this all day.

But it was not to be so. It was only a few moments before Charlotte had to pull herself away from Sarah's chest. Her pelvis was desperately bucking at the other girl's hand. "Oh my god! I can't- I don't- I think this is it! Holy shit, I love you!"

Sarah had never heard her curse before.

Charlotte collapsed on the bed, a dripping, sweaty mess. Sarah looked her over, from her beautiful blonde hair to her damp underwear, with satisfaction. "Seemed like a big one. Was that your first orgasm?"

If it had been possible, Charlotte would have blushed. "Could be. At the very least, it was my best one."

Slowly, Charlotte propped herself up on her elbows. "But wait, you haven't had one yet, have you?"

"That's okay," said Sarah. "Trust me, I'm having plenty of fun."

"You could be having more though."

On her hands and knees, Charlotte crawled off the edge of the bed. Curious, Sarah turned to follow her, swinging her legs off the best. Before she could stand, she was stopped by Charlotte grabbing her waist. There was no force in it, but the look in her eyes told Sarah to stop.

Charlotte looked her friend up and down. She licked her lips. "I want to try something else with you. Is that okay?"

Sarah cocked an eyebrow. "Let's find out."

Charlotte kissed Sarah again, deeply, but this time mostly so she wouldn't have the other girl watching her. Her fingers looped themselves under her panty waist, and gradually she began to work the lacy garment off Sarah's body.

On reflex, Sarah lifted up to assist in her undressing. The panties slipped over her butt and down her legs. She gave a short gasp as she realized what Charlotte was planning, but the sound was lost in their kiss.

Charlotte pulled away from Sarah's mouth. Slowly she worked her way down. She kissed her neck, her breasts, and her navel. She stopped as she reached the girl's waist. Charlotte opened her eyes to peek upward. Sarah's eye looked down. The light in them was dancing.

Charlotte closed her eyes.

The skin between Sarah's legs was warm. That was the first thing she noticed. With her tongue, she could feel the rough terrain where hair might be, but Sarah's crotch was well shaved.

Charlotte flicked her tongue downward. There was a gasp from Sarah. Then a giggle.

Egged on, Charlotte lowered her face. She took a deep breath, collecting herself. In that inhale, she got a strong scent of her friend. Sarah was potent, and musky, and warm, and alive. The smell wasn't something that Charlotte would have found attractive under other circumstances. But in this instant, with this person, it was more alluring than any cologne.

Sarah felt a tongue running up her slit. "Fuck, okay," she moaned. She leaned backward, bracing her hands against the mattress. Her eyes were wide as she watched Charlotte. Normally, she found Charlotte beautiful and kinda hot. Right now, she was the sexiest goddamn thing. She was flushed, sweaty, and her long blonde hair was an absolute mess.

A shiver ran down Sarah's spine as Charlotte's tongue parted her labia. There was a pause and Sarah heard the clapping of lips as Char opened and closed her mouth a few times. Tasting her.

Then the tongue was there again. Pressing, probing. Something lit up inside Sarah when Charlotte worked her way up to her clit. Her victim couldn't contain herself anymore.

"Fuck!" yelled Sarah, not caring if neighboring dorm rooms heard. "There! Please Char, I love you. There! More!"

Charlotte licked and kissed her clit hungrily. Unable to help herself, Sarah put a hand on the back of her friend's head, encouraging her. "Eat my pussy, Char! Oooh... We should have done this so long ago. Don't slow down!"

Charlotte could feel her jaw growing numb, but Sarah's arm was much stronger than her neck. It was merciful when the athletic girl's body was suddenly wracked with spasms. Sarah cried out again and threw her head back. Her final scream was a wordless, incomprehensible explosion.

The arm still supporting Sarah gave out and she fell onto the mattress. Charlotte crawled up onto the bed, curling beside the heap of Sarah's collapsed form. Communicating only through a low moan, Sarah moved to curl around the other girl.

Charlotte looked into her eyes and smiled. "Did I do a good job?"

Sarah could only look at the fluid that coated her mouth and chin. "Char, you are the best."

Charlotte sat up a bit to reach over Sarah, grabbing the girl's phone.

"Smile for the camera!"

XxXxX

December 9th:

Charlotte sat at a table in the on-campus restaurant. Her fingers were interwoven on the table in front of her beside an empty carton of fries. They had to be woven together, or else she wouldn't stop fidgeting.

Was it three-fifteen now, or still three-ten? Where was Sarah?

Since that day in November, Charlotte hadn't had a chance to see her best friend. The next day Sarah was busy, and then Thanksgiving break. When break ended, finals were upon them and both girls had a lot of studying to do.

Several times, in study breaks and on weekends, Charlotte had texted Sarah to see if they could meet. But every reply she got said that Sarah was busy. When she got a reply at all.

At last they had made plans for after finals. As soon as finals were done, they would meet at their usual spot. As soon as Sarah's last test was done, on that day at 3:15. And then, they had something they needed to talk about. That was how Sarah said it: Something they needed to talk about.

Charlotte looked down at her hands. Had she messed up? Was her first friendship over already?

One semester wasn't enough...

The electronic doors opened.

Charlotte turned. There she was, in her purple winter coat.

Sarah put her hood down. Her light brown hair had grown over the last three months. Now she wore it in a messy bun, with a black hair band to keep escaping strands out of her eyes.

Their eyes met. The corners of Sarah's mouth perked up. A small smile, but not her usual mischievous one. This was subdued, uncertain.

Charlotte's stomach lurched. Sarah wasn't supposed to be uncertain. What did that even mean?

Sarah approached the table. She took the seat opposite her best friend. "Hi."

"Hi!" said Charlotte. She took a drink from her smoothie. Anything not to figure out what to say next.

"So, I've been wanting to talk to you."

Charlotte swallowed. "Yes?"

"Do you- Would you be interested in moving?"

Charlotte tilted her head. That was not expected. "Moving where?"

"Well, Nadine is dropping out. Couldn't keep up with the school work, or whatever. She's moving back home. So I thought, since I'm down a roommate..."

"You want me to move in with you?"

Sarah looked away. "If you want to. No pressure, but it could be fun."

As her fear melted, a grin bloomed on Charlotte's face. "You could have just texted that instead of giving me a heart attack, idiot."

"Who's an idiot now?" demanded Sarah. "Exactly what did you think I wanted to talk about?"

Charlotte shrugged, taking another drink of her milkshake.

Shaking her head, Sarah reached out and grabbed the spare straw Char had left on the table. She jabbed it into the milkshake's lid without asking. The two friends drank in silence.

When it was gone, their eyes met again.

"So, best friend of mine, do I have a new roomie?"