All Comments on 'Friends of Bob'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 73 Comments
26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Now that was a good story. Cheating wives, true friends, and a happy ending. You have a *5 from me for the good feelings from your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story...

....one confusing part was bobs wife cheated with her boss, Ben. Then ben walks into the bar. I thought there was going to be a big ruckus, but apparently the boss is Ben, and they also have a friend named Ben. Anyway, good story, 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 3 years ago
Very good.

Enjoyed this one.

Well written and realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
fun tale

Good thing they had an understanding wife. My wife would have said "hell no"! She says she trusts me but in reality that only goes so far. I guess same with me. If the situation was reversed I wouldn't want her to do it either.

gingerhuntergingerhunterover 3 years ago
Friends who proved themselves worthy of the title

Bob's friends achieved their good intentions. After he was abandoned by his loving wife, his friends comforted, supported, and reassured him. They encouraged his return to dating but were not intrusive in his social life. They offered wise counsel when he met a woman who would be a good partner. They took pleasure in his happiness and welcomed his new wife and son into the fold.

We should all be so lucky to have friends such as these. Thank you for writing their story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

If her boss makes so much money, why does she have to clean out their accounts?

Minor point - If they each have their own rooms, why do they need the bathroom(s) for "stress relief?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Cute story

I can see this as realistic even though Bob was depicted as a chick magnet, and the chick magnets don’t get dumped the way Bob did. I liked the BTB ending getting done by somebody else, though a six month sentence from a sympathetic judge means a crime which could have gotten him five years, and BTB fans would really have liked to hear what that was.

RR

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Liked it

A different take and i liked it a lot.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Lack luster

Good story, but didn't really gain my interest. Kind of hard to believe three wives agree to letting their husband go to a beach for the weekend alone.

Orion623Orion623over 3 years ago
Nicely Done

A very fine short story showing good imagination with enough humor to make it light-hearted. 5*

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Good, but the Judge in Bob's divorce should have forced her to return some of the money. Also, depending on the company, having a relationship with the boss violates the HR rules and could be considered sexual harassment since one person is in a position of power.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years agoAuthor
I goofed!

I gave two characters the same name. It can happen, but it shouldn't happen in a story. I'll fix that in a few days. Sorry about that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This feels more like an epilogue to another story than a stand alone work but I tend to be overcritical at times.

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

welcome back. Good writers are hard to find. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That was a good one!

My only complaint would be that he didn't get half their assets back from the bitch when they went to Court and that he didn't sue her Boss and the Company and get them both fired. Other than that, well played and entertaining to boot!

4 stars

26thNCuck26thNCuckover 3 years ago
Bad story......

Now that was a bad story. Cheating wives, Bad friends, and a Sad ending. You have a *1 from me for the Bad feelings from your writing.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 3 years ago
I'm not sure how anyone can give this less than 5 stars.

I'll admit, I got confused with all the names in the beginning, but once I figured out who was who, I was hooked into the plot. This was the perfect short story and reminded me of exactly what my buddies and I would have done if it had been one of our own.

Great work.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

Well told story with a healthy dose of humor and a well earned outcome for all. Thanks. FRIENDS OF BOB was a treat to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This is an obvious 5

I have read a lot of lw stories, and I've never seen this angle. In addition, the execution of the concept is very well done, which is the norm for this author

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fun and different story

Thanks for the lite read and fun story. If only things were that easy. But sometimes they are.

greenman440greenman440over 3 years ago
Ref Mr childish 26thNCuck

Oh look, I'm so petty that I'll create a profile name nearly the same as the guy whose comments I don't like. FFS grow up.

With regard to this story, I enjoyed it 5*

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years ago
I enjoyed it

A good gentle story with five good guys helping each other out and a total of of lovings wives who know they've got good guys within a positive network. In fact the piece was so positive that rather than revenge, the good guys were going to continue the good vibes bringing a 6th deserving guy into the fold. A rare LW story that leans on the positives. Good stuff.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 3 years ago

Well done, JW

Liked the byplay with the infernal Dante, and appreciate that the married friends didn't stray.

Although it wasn't your doing, I was also tickled to see Lit's abominable page-break-robot end your story by breaking to a post-penultimate blank page. oy

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Very good story. well done.

Sorry the cucks didnt get their usual "another guys creampie" but hey you cant always please the micro-penis crowd.

baulloyder68baulloyder68over 3 years ago
Good Story

I liked it. FIVE*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oddly uninteresting, . . .

but kind of cute.

Thanks for the effort.

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

I dido SwordWielder, some BTB and burned paramour is needed.

/

Still darn good a solid 5*, we all need buddies like that. Hooyah, salute!

KTD2020KTD2020over 3 years ago
I enjoyed this!

I liked this a lot. I can see a group of friends sitting around trying to help one of their own get over something like this. I really enjoyed the beach trip. The married guys trying to stay out of trouble and away from temptation while the single guys “scooped up” the available partners was fun. The narrator’s efforts to assure his wife he was good sounded a lot like my efforts sometimes. I didn’t miss the whole “He sues the company and wine a gajillion-dollar settlement while the new boy toy recovered in the hospital for 7 months after his ‘mugging’.” This was the guys telling the story over a few drinks to a new acquaintance. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
An enjoyable read

Keep 'em coming

CLM

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not bad...

...not good. It was a very boring story. **

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
in case

u didnt know 'Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, he's free at last!'"

that is a very racist remark. idgit

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
not bad for you

but Bob should have kicked his ass too.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
TALKS CHEAP BEACH IS FREE

but to burn any one takes money and huevos. TK U MLJ LV NV

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Good short..

..story JW thank you. A great group of friends who got it just right. Entertaining and well written despite some other author's jealous comments. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just words indeed

Generally, I like stories where SOMETHING HAPPENS. Please try for that next time.

korba76korba76over 3 years ago
Just in cast you didn't know it...

.....enderlocke27, RACISM is also about AVOIDING a thing because of its associations with a particular, unchangeable, racial, etc characteristic.

There is nothing inherently BLACK about that saying, despite its having been authored by the Rev. King. Avoiding using it in an applicable situation, whether for dramatic or comedic effect, IS RACIST. Using it, all things being equal, IS NOT.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

Good story.

Needed a few more vitamins for top score.

4 out of 5 from me.

ragnarok1ragnarok1over 3 years ago
Liked it.

Good story, good friends. One constructive comment. The boss she left him for was named Ben. Then there was a friend named Ben. Was a bit confusing at that point. Maybe it would have been better with a different name.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Good story. I'll be reading more of your stories. 5/5

@sbrooks103x1 day ago

If her boss makes so much money, why does she have to clean out their accounts?

Minor point - If they each have their own rooms, why do they need the bathroom(s) for "stress relief?"

Because that is how the author wrote his story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really?

Some ID10T bitched that nothing happened in the story. Really? Just start with the wife cheating. Next two separate guys get laid several times within a few days. Then Paul comes home and gets worked over by his LOVING WIFE. And it goes on. Action packed in my book and well written to boot.

Loved it,JW. Keep it cumming, please.

Thanks,

detroitdave

27thNC27thNCover 3 years ago
Nope

Not the least bit erotic. This should only turn on the pathetic burn the bitch crowd, even though the husband didn't turn out to suddenly become a genius to set up some ridiculous espionage plan and while saving puppies and then meeting a sweet innocent woman .......like every other story they jizz over.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

Sorry

It was flat. I appreciate he recovered but seriously she took EVERYTHING?!? Please. Lol. No justice for the ex wife, even if he did cheat on her. She still made out financially. Which is why this was a weak story overall.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

where is page 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
REALLY JUST TOO SHORT................... ...

Sure, you seemed to lose track of characters and our screwed over husband finds true love with a perfect 10 a little too quick but overall pretty good. Had to skim the last paragraph to catch that none of our group put a hurt on the slut ex's new husband. It would have been nice to hear about that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amusing

One needs to see the humour of the events described. No, cheating is not the least bit funny but the cure developed by the friends is told with great humour. Enjoyed this little story. 5 *s.

Ocker53Ocker53over 3 years ago
Light Hearted

But very good, I favourited this one and for me that is very rare⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

What married dude cant relate to this!

Perfecto

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

Those are the friends who end up in jail with you and say "wasn't that the fuckin' greatest time?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A beautiful exposition! Found only one (tolerable) grammar slip:

Nobody but her was particularly surprised, ...

(Nobody but she was particularly surprised ...)

Correct grammar enhances reading experience.

parenthesisparenthesisalmost 2 years ago

Thanks I really enjoyed this. We all need friends like this sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

BOB'S BITCH CLEANED OUT HYS ACCOUNTS YET SHE WAS MOVING IN WITH HER BOSS FOR A BETTER LIFE!!

NOTHING ABOUT HIM GOING TO THE LAWYERS, JUST HIM MOPING AND CRYING!!

NO SYMPATHY HERE BECAUSE SHE WAS A BITCH FROM COLLEGE, HE KNEW SHE CHEATED AND CONTINUED STAYING WITH HER!!

SO BOB IS JUST A WEAK WIMPY CUCK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hahaha....these guys at the end are funny

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice to read a light fun story after a divorce. Nothing like having good friends. 5*. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Whimsical and fun. Loved the dynamic between the narrator and his wife Cheryl. Some funny lines.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

You do funny quite well.

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

A really different type of story, I think you wrote it so well, had a smile in it even though it was about a serious subject,

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Loved it! Light and funny.

jmmj5jmmj59 months ago

This is a great one.

Friends that are more like family, real family. Well done and write another one.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good stuff. Like the MC, the rest of the friends and Cheryl.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief4 months ago

For being such a serious subject, this story had me smiling most of the way through it. Well done.

Anton79Anton794 months ago

Something I can relate with. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Interesting and enjoyable story. Who knew beach trips could be so life affirming. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Entertaining. Camaraderie in the bar was the best part, followed by the banter between the MC and his wife Cheryl. Lol. 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

SIMILAR Stories