All Comments on 'Friendship Found and Lost'

by 36b7

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It shouldn't be in romance. Unless it's "part one".

It was good, though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Congratulations on your first story here. This has a very good start and is generally well told (punctuation could use some work, “taut” instead of “taught” are two examples), but it takes a couple of dark turns that leaves one feeling really hollow and disappointed inside. By the end, Jim isn’t the compassionate character he seems and Alice really is Anna. That shouldn’t be surprising because the title basically told the ending, but it left me sad anyway. Perhaps their friendship (and possibly even more) might be saved in a chapter 2, but their actions in this chapter would lead me to only expect more of the same. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nothing romantic about meeting up with an old friend and finding out she's a hooker. What a boner-killer.

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 2 years ago

This storyline is interesting and Anna/Alice is an intriguing character. Yes, stories have been crafted around the escort life style, but thought her wrestling with her relationship with Jim; her introspective moments while engaged in sex gave this piece its originality/quality for me. Not unlike when watching porn and instead of only paying attention to the sexual “story” being depicted, thinking more about what the actors are really thinking; what they are actually feeling. I believe you have something like that in this storyline/character. Jim was a good foil, if you will, but certainly not a key element. Thought that the rape of Becky and her death were unnecessary and detracted as did, to lesser degree, the incest with father for this story to resonate. Neither necessary to the strength/quality of your piece at least for me. Hope you continue to share, even consider continuing with Anna/Alice and introduce Jamie to the reader. And for me, this piece was a romance; she wrestled with the romantic possibilities. Not all romantic stories have happy endings. Not a perfect 5 stars, but I still gave it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. Hope thoughts are helpful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good, I like it. Congratulations for not indulging in the Pretty Woman fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Once a hooker, always a hooker.

Very disappointing ending.

She needs to spend a lot of time with a shrink.

Davester37Davester37almost 2 years ago

Congratulations of your first story! I enjoyed reading it a lot. I was expecting a happy ending, since that’s the most common thing here in Romance, but you’ve made the story more complex, and so more interesting and thought-provoking. I disagree with the previous poster that the rape and incest elements were not necessary, as they give insight into how damaged these characters really are, and why they act the way they do. I also disagree about this not belonging in Romance. It does, but it’s a romance that just couldn’t get off the ground. I think that’s OK, because it’s your story to tell the way you want.

I do agree that the story could be improved by an editor and those little mistakes do detract a bit, but still 5* from me. Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Real characters in a real situation.

Well done.

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamalmost 2 years ago

Five and a Fave from me. Loved that she baled on him cos he just didn't get it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nicely written. Just wondering though why Alice didn't make the connection sooner since she knew Jim's last name?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WONDERFUL STORY! Could you please write another part, that tells what happens between them? Just maybe they are meant to be together with Jim fathering her second child. Then, he'll have 2, with the first being his namesake... Or he's just looking for a place to dump his baby batter. It would be interesting, if she again meets his mother. First story,but YOU ARE A WONDERFUL WRITER!

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson11 months ago

Full of hope but ends on a sad note. Sequel please?

6King6King11 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous