From Betrayal to Joy - The Novella

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't know whether or not to believe that." replied Wanda.

"Let's make a little deal. Why don't you try believing that for a few days? You have nothing to lose."

After a moment of contemplation, Wanda answered, "All right, Ma'am. I'll try."

"Tremendous! Now let's apply just a hint of makeup and select a dress that will knock the King dead!"

For a fleeting moment, Wanda wondered who the beautiful woman in the mirror was. With a bit of makeup Huldah had completely transformed her. The woman in the glass was stunning. Wanda had never looked or felt so beautiful. When Huldah called the woman in the mirror beautiful, Wanda believed it. That SHE was the woman in the mirror struck Wanda like a lightning bolt. For the first time in her entire life, Wanda considered the possibility that she truly was beautiful and that the word was not just simple flattery. It was a moment she wanted to savor and remember always. The dress, of some gossamer fabric, felt divine against her skin. Beneath it a simple silk bandeau and filmy panties of the softest silk. The heels took some getting used too but after a quarter hour of practice, Wanda was confident that she would not embarrassingly topple over. The long skirt had a slit on the right side which exposed Wanda's tattoo. A spritz of alluring perfume and Huldah handed her over to Canter.

"Huldah, she is magnificent! What would I do without you?"

Huldah smiled at Canter and later turned to yell, "Good luck, kid!" as Wanda was led away.

Wanda was not familiar with the emotions stirring within her. She felt her heart beating heavily and thought in response to Huldah's words "It will be good luck if my heart manages to remain beating by the time this walk is over!"

Wanda was completely unaware of anything save trying to control her breathing as Canter and the swordsmen led her deep into the castle and up a winding staircase. The journey ended at a thick oaken door set in a stone wall. Canter raised the knocker several times. The door swung open and there stood King Rupert.

The king's eyes opened widely when Canter presented Wanda. The former soldier had sometimes been oblivious, but she noted the change in Rupert's expression and smiled both inwardly and outwardly.

"The girl is prepared, Sire." stated Canter in a bored tone.

"Thank you, Canter that will be all."

Then he turned to Wanda an asked in a very sweet voice, "Would the beautiful woman consent to dine with me?"

Wanda nodded and then remembered her response was to be, "Certainly, your Highness." which she stated and took King Rupert's extended hand. The door closed silently behind her. There was almost too much for Wanda to take in at once. Avoiding the kings intense stare for the moment, Wanda considered the room. The furniture was ornate yet tasteful. A small, fire in the hearth below a huge portrait of an older man who greatly resembled King Rupert wearing a crown, cast a romantic flicker across the floor of the dimly lit room. A table set for two sat in one corner and in the other, an enormous, comfortable appearing bed.

Only now, did Wanda meet King Rupert's smile with one of her own. The king had changed clothes. He now wore a brown muslin shirt opened wide across his chest, and dark twill pants. Wanda noted that the handsome king had a muscular chest which bore a thick coating of hair. Wanda recalled from her schooling that men tended to be far hairier than women, but she imagined that it would be unwanted and in unattractive places. Never, did she imagine that it could make a man more alluring and interesting. Wanda found herself wondering what it would feel like to run her fingers through it. She had the same curiosity about the short but curly hair on his head.

Captor and captive stood for a long moment simply taking everything in before the king spoke again.

"I see that I owe Huldah another favor, she certainly drew out your phenomenal beauty! Please have a seat."

"Thank you, Your Highness." replied Wanda as she accepted the king's arm and allowed herself to be led to the delicacy laden supper table. The king held Wanda's chair, an act that surprised her, female soldiers always sat themselves. Wanda decided that she rather liked the small nicety. Only now did Wanda notice, that from somewhere, soft music was playing.

"Your beauty is truly astounding, woman. You were wasting your life hiding your charms beneath armor as a soldier. Here, you can be what you were born to be, a spectacular gem in my kingdom."

"That is wonderful of you to say, Sire but I believe you are making sport of me."

"How can you say that? If I am lying may God strike me dead!" The king dramatically held his breath and waited for a few seconds.

"See?" he replied with a smile. "I'm still alive, therefore I MUST have spoken the truth!"

Wanda allowed herself a short laugh and returned with, "Very well, for the moment I will believe you."

"You should ALWAYS believe that about yourself." stated King Rupert warmly before he hefted his flute of sparkling wine and said, "A toast to beauty and to new beginnings"

Wanda raised her own glass and clinked it against the king's. The sparkling wine was the perfect piquancy, it slid deliciously down her throat.

"You are the topic of conversation throughout this castle and beyond it in my kingdom. Your novelty and your astounding beauty have stirred the lips of every gossip in my realm. In the long history of the Sisterhood of the Moon, you alone have entered captivity alive."

"It was hardly my plan, Sire, as you no doubt know. And anyway, I'm not a soldier anymore, apparently. Without my ring, I am not sure if I'm still part of the Sisterhood, I'm not quite sure what I am or how I am to behave." answered Wanda.

"Why don't you try to be a woman and just a woman?" countered King Rupert. "I can make you very happy if you'll let me. Men and women in intimate closeness is the natural order of things. At least from my perspective."

"The Sisterhood does very well without men, Sire." stated Wanda firmly.

"But were you happy? Were you an outstanding soldier, respected by all and strong in command; fulfilled just by doing your duty?"

"It's not that simple, Sire."

"Yes, it is, woman. I command men, for example, even though I was born a prince and heir to the throne I went through the same intense military training as any soldier of my realm. I was hazed and mocked and forced to endure all sorts of nastiness, so that my army would see me as an equal. I received no favors in making rank and if my military advice was not sound, my generals would tell me. I seem to be doing a fine job of it. Although I cannot boast about the fact, the world knows that my army alone caused the Sisterhood of the Moon's only defeat."

Wanda found her eyes meeting the King's intense gaze.

"Do you know why I will never boast of that victory, beautiful one?"

Wanda shook her head.

"Because they have sent me the finest tribute any man could ever hope to claim."

Wanda flushed, and her eyes sought her plate of food in front of her to avoid looking at the king.

"One the one hand I have to question the wisdom of the Sisterhood in sacrificing such a beautiful asset. On the other hand, I have to admire the wisdom of the Sisterhood for utilizing such a beautiful asset!"

"Now you jest, Sire." stated Wanda weakly.

"Not at all, beautiful creature. It is a very foolish man indeed who dares to believe for even a fraction of a moment that the Sisterhood of the Moon's forces are not commanded by brains and ability equal or better than his own. They knew exactly what they were doing."

Wanda received those words in silence and Rupert changed the mood.

"Our food will grow cold. I suspect that you are quite hungry, lovely one. We can resume our conversation as we dine."

Wanda lifted a morsel of food to her mouth with the gold-plated fork and found it positively delicious.

"So, what were you before you were a soldier, dove, or were you a foundling born to the stockade?"

There was something in King Rupert's easy manner and the sincerity of his inquiry, that Wanda was deeply drawn towards. She soon found herself recounting her entire past, beginning with her earliest memories as a small girl. Though Wanda imagined that hours had passed before the dessert arrived, it had not been nearly that long. Only now, while she paused for a breath, did Wanda realize that the king had done an excellent job of drawing her out. He, on the other hand had been nothing less than witty and jovial throughout the conversation. Wanda decided that she really, really, liked the man seated across the table from her. And then dessert was over, and a servant arrived to claim the dirty dishes. Once the servant departed, Wanda and King Rupert were alone once more. This was the moment Wanda feared most.

King Rupert pulled back Wanda's chair and asked, "May this undeserving mortal be blessed with a kiss from a goddess?" so sweetly that it warmed Wanda's heart. She rose to her feet and found her footing unsteady, and not just from the formidable heels. Suddenly, she was in his arms, acutely aware of his maleness, his strangeness, but just as suddenly those differences did not matter. She tilted her head back and parted her lips in anticipation of his kiss.

Wanda never anticipated that kissing a man could be anything but unpleasant, but aside from a momentary irritation by his thick whiskers, Wanda decided that kissing King Rupert was quite delightful. It was like kissing girls in some ways but, for the most part, vastly different. King Rupert pressed her close against his body. Wanda's nostrils were filled with his musky, manly scent. No girl EVER smelled like that, not even after war games!

Wanda savored kissing King Rupert for a long while. She was truly surprised to discover that King Rupert had picked her up bodily. Her feet danged over nothingness, her full weight against the King's broad chest. The sensation delighted Wanda who was reluctant to come up for air.

"See? Men are not ALL bad!" teased Rupert when their clinch at last broke. Before Wanda could respond, Rupert set her on her feet, strode to a large overstuffed chair and beckoned Wanda. The former Sister of the Moon found sitting on the king's lap as she kissed him every bit as delightful as standing. Somehow, her hands found their way inside King Rupert's shirt where they marveled at the feel of his hard pectoral and abdominal muscles. His chest hair delighted her fingertips. It was very strange for her to not be fondling breasts while necking with a partner, but Wanda found the difference very pleasing. She could really get a sense of King Rupert's strength and power. Wanda had always favored strong women, but strong men were something else.

Her filmy top slid off her lithe form, leaving her just in her silk bandeau, skirt and heels. King Rupert's shirt was nearly entirely off his body, exposing muscular arms and shoulders. Wanda was also quite aware of the swelling in the groin of the king's trousers. She wondered if the "eel" was as dangerous as her teachers had claimed. But a sudden fear came over her. The astute king perceived her problem immediately.

King Rupert slid Wanda off his lap, set her on her feet and said. "I think a bit of turnabout is fair play, lovely one. Why don't you undress me now, as I undressed you earlier in my throne room?"

Wanda stood a moment, wondering if it was, even at this point, some sort of joke.

Reading Wanda's emotion, he stated, "I do not jest, sweet one. Certainly, you are curious are you not?"

Wanda had to conceded that that much was true. She approached the handsome king. Rupert had restored his shirt to his arms and shoulders. Wanda was very curious to see what the man looked like without the garment. Tentatively, as though thinking permission would suddenly be withdrawn, Wanda parted the few buttons which remained closed. Even with the heels, she had to reach up to pull the brown shirt off the king's wide shoulders and down the powerful arms until it fluttered to the floor. Wanda was amazed. The soft lighting of the room beautifully captured his firm abdominal muscles and strong back. Like his chest, Rupert's taut stomach bore a coating of hair. Wanda simply stood and stared for the longest time until King Rupert coughed softly and indicated his boots. Wanda's curiosity fully aflame now, she assisted the king in removing first his right and then his left boot. The stockings quickly followed. Wanda found the king's long and broad feet quite interesting. But most of her curiosity was focused upon the mysterious object swelling the twill trousers. Wanda's hands fumbled at the drawstring of the pants but at last managed to open it. The trousers tumbled down, exposing thickly muscled thighs and calves. The King's erection swelled his undershorts to the straining point. As Rupert stepped out of his trousers he said, with just the right bit of naughtiness,

"ALLMOST done!"

Wanda swallowed hard and very gently grasped the hemline of the cotton shorts. Wanda pulled out the waistband and guided the garment over and off the very first erection she had ever seen. To Wanda's wondering eyes it did, superficially resemble an eel. It was long and firm and seemed to have pulse of its own. The foreskin could be construed as gills or a hood like a cobra's. Wanda was fascinated, her mind full of questions such as, "What causes it to swell?" "Does it cause him pain?" Everything about the strange object was an enigma. Half in fear, half in curiosity, Wanda reached out and gently stroked the mysterious bit of maleness. Realizing that it was flesh, although a kind unfamiliar to her, caused some of the menace to vanish from the enigma. With bravery, that surprised herself, Wanda bent and kissed the head of King Rupert's penis. She gave it a single tentative lick before fear caused her to stop and return to a standing position

Rupert smiled as he felt the small, tender palm encircle her shaft and grinned widely when the woman bravely tasted his phallus. King Rupert knew that he had many years ahead to encourage and train this spectacular example of femininity, so any disappointment he may have had at Wanda not being bolder passed quickly. "Now, my little pretty, it is my turn." he said softly.

He bent and unfastened the buckles of Wanda's heels and removed them from her feet. King Rupert suddenly became several centimeters taller. The big man's hands went to the fastener of Wanda's long skirt, it billowed to the floor leaving Wanda in just her translucent panties and silk bandeau. For some reason, being undressed by the king this time did not instill fear or shame in the former soldier. King Rupert's practiced hands made short work of Wanda's bandeau, rewarding him again with the sight of her pert young breasts with the light brown areolas and sharp pink nipples. Rupert tugged Wanda's panties down over her shapely butt and lowered them to the floor. Rupert was quite appreciative of the fine trim job Huldah had performed on Wanda's formerly unkempt pubic triangle. He could not wait to find out what all parts of this bewitching creature tasted like.

"What now, Sire?" asked Wanda in a trembling voice. The enormity of what she was about to do stirred her mind like a whirlwind. Virtually her whole life she had been taught that there was nothing more shameful or degrading to a woman than to be taken and used carnally by a man. But King Rupert did not seem to be an ogre. If Huldah had been speaking the truth, and Wanda now felt that she probably was, King Rupert was interested in her pleasure, not her debasement. Trusting herself to this current fate, no matter where it led. King Rupert spread his arms and Wanda embraced him.

His naked flesh felt wondrous against her own. Wanda forced herself to relax as King Rupert picked her up and carried her over to the huge bed in the corner. With one hand he pulled down the covers and with the other he slid Wanda between them. King Rupert followed her between the sheets and began kissing her. Wanda laid amazed as King Rupert's tongue and lips began to explore her flesh. His skill at teasing and tweaking Wanda's nipples erect astounded her. Only a few of the women from Wanda's past had shown as much skill. As the King worked his way lower, most of Wanda's past lovers began to flee her memories. Huldah's words about some men being adept at oral love, came to Wanda's mind as Rupert 's mouth moved lower and lower. He circled her navel with the heat of a fresh curling iron before he plunged into her red carpet.

With a ferocity matched with gentility, his mouth sought her love nub. Before very much time had passed at all, Wanda was reminded of her first night so long ago with that dark-haired lieutenant. If anything, this encounter was even more stimulating. Wanda gasped and moaned with pleasure riding an orgasmic high until she returned to the bed to find King Rupert smiling down at her.

"There is still more to experience, beautiful one."

Wanda felt Rupert lower his body gently on top of her. She was aware of both his great warmth and his insistent erection. Rupert whispered softly in her ear as to what he expected of her. With both reluctance and anticipation, Wanda parted her legs. The unprecedented sensation of a living phallus gently entering her, caused Wanda to bite her lower lip in anxiety and fear. But then, King Rupert was inside her and her fears evaporated just as quickly as they had arrived. The King began pumping away in a steady, enticing rhythm. Wanda had never experienced anything like it. She closed her eyes to focus upon the novel sensation stirring her loins. For an unknown length of time she was aware only of the gentle rocking motion of the bed and her own sighs. Wanda's second orgasm in the presence of the king was nearly as powerful and memorable as the first. Wanda had no idea where the world went for several long minuets, but when it returned, she was in the king's embrace, relishing his kisses.

Breathlessly Wanda asked, "Can we do that again, Sire?"

King Rupert chuckled and replied, "We shall after an interval, beautiful. One area where men lag women is that a man needs a bit of time to recover his skills whereas a woman does not. I don't question the correctness of the almighty in choosing this difference in the sexes, but I DO wonder about it."

King Rupert laid beside Wanda and stroked her beautiful hair before he stated with authority yet humility, "Over the next several days and months I will tutor you on meeting my needs as I strive to make you happy in every aspect of your new life. As well, we shall select a beautiful new name for you for your beautiful new life."

"I would like that very much, Sire!" replied Wanda enthusiastically. Later that night, she had

the sweetest most wonderful dreams of her young life

In the morning, Wanda awoke to King Rupert's gentle shaking. She yawned, stretched, and smiled. The king pulled Wanda close and they exchanged several long lingering kisses. Rupert pointed to his insistent erection and gently informed Wanda that one of her duties was to take care of them. "You may use your hands, mouth, breasts, or sex to fulfill your duties. I expect instant obedience, but that will come with time. This morning let us recall last night's lovemaking."

Wanda found the morning intimacy just as satisfying as that of the evening before. Briefly, they experimented with Wanda on top which both enjoyed tremendously. After their morning tryst, a servant was summoned, and the king and the former soldier broke their fasts together. Wanda sat in a short peach-colored silken robe and the king in his undershorts as they ate.

A shaft of morning sun captured Wanda's crimson nimbus of locks, lighting them like a halo. King Rupert gasped at the sight and declared, "The powers that be are communicating your new name even as we dine. Clearly, that ray of light means that I should name you Angel, for you are a gift of the gods."