From Betrayal to Joy - The Novella

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Then do not tell her that the favor comes from me, Sire," returned Wanda without a moment's hesitation.

"As you wish, Angel."

From a concealed vantage point, Wanda watched as the barely clad lady of the evening was led to Bonnie's cell. The gesture was not rejected. Wanda felt a surge of emotions. She knew well her sister's tastes and felt certain that she would opt to use this lithe, dark-haired woman. It was the very least she could do. Although she had come to reject nearly all her Sisterhood beliefs, Wanda silently offered up the prayer for the heroic dead before she strode out of the room in which her sister was held. Wanda knew it would be the only ritual said over her, Bonnie had already rejected the offer of a chaplain in the morning. It was with a very heavy heart that Wanda returned to the manor house. That night, she cried for her sister a long time.

In the morning, shortly after dawn, King Rupert called upon Wanda. In a tiny cedar box, he presented her with Bonnie's sisterhood wedding ring.

"This is the sum of her personal effects. Under my orders, it was not removed from her finger while she still had breath. You are her next of kin."

With tears in her eyes, Wanda affixed the ring to a gold chain and hung it about her neck where it fell against the bandage on her chest where Bonnie had wounded her. The symbolism was not lost on either her or King Rupert.

"What was done with her body?" asked Wanda.

"She is buried amongst the paupers. Before you ask, I do not know precisely where. That is best for both of us."

"Yes," replied Wanda, "I see the wisdom of that. Has the prostitute been compensated?"

"Yes, very well. She said your sister appeared grateful but was mostly silent."

"Then let us not mention her again," said Wanda softly.

King Rupert and Wanda remained silent for a long time. Around noon, when Wanda's mood had lightened a bit, King Rupert threw decorum and the expectations of his people aside for a few hours and made sweet and tender love to the woman he adored above all others.

Wanda's wounds were concealed by long sleeves and high bodices for the next two weeks while they healed. The doctor's informed Wanda that the scars left would eventually become invisible, leaving no trace of the attempt on her life. The seamstresses were quite loyal as were the guards. Not a word of the incident reached the press or went beyond a small circle within the castle, manor house, and military.

King Rupert commissioned an elite force to protect Wanda. Though dressed as ordinary royal guards, each man was a trained and merciless killer. Any seeking an audience with Wanda had to go through these men who were empowered to do all that was necessary even up to and including public strip searches to protect their charge. The heightened security was explained away as unspecified "threats" against the future queen. It was decided that there would be no delay in the nuptials.

Once more Wanda stood in just her underwear as the seamstresses performed their duties. The dress was a new one as the original bridal gown had become stained with Wanda's blood during the melee. This time the fitting went off without a hitch. Wanda gazed in wonder at the beautiful redhaired woman in white in the mirror. Not since she had been a very young girl had she pictured herself in wedding white. Again, she reflected on the journey that had led her here. "Who and what would I be today if I had never entered that Matriarchy stockade? If I had never been a soldier, would I now be a simple wife of a poor yet honest farmer? Would my father have sold me for a dowry to a much older tyrant? What if mother had not died?" she silently asked the reflection.

After mulling those unanswerable questions for several long moments, Wanda chose to reflect upon the power and wonder of the love she and Rupert shared. Unbidden, came the image of her king standing naked in the bedroom, his broad chest, narrow waist, and jutting manhood revealed in all its glory. She knew full well that she was the envy of every woman in the Kingdom of Tirana. More than anything, she wished that her mother could see her now. Her feelings of aloneness were often quite acute. Bonnie had been her last real relative. Her father had apparently drunk himself to death a few years after she and Bonnie had made their escape. A kindly older general who reminded Wanda of the best attributes of her father when times were good, had volunteered to escort Wanda down the aisle. He was kind and noble and, after a fashion, dashing, but he was not her father. Aside from King Rupert, her ladies-in-waiting, and the always reliable Huldah, Wanda had no one. She no longer even possessed the name she was born under. "I am Angel now. Rupert's Angel," she stated aloud, "and that should be more than enough for any woman."

Tears welled up in her eyes. A seamstress handed her a handkerchief and stated gayly, "Save the tears for the ceremony, Your Highness."

There were balls to attend, public events to be seen at, and a host of other details before the actual wedding date. King Rupert decided that these events should be as public as possible, as he believed his new security to be impregnable. Wanda was not told about the Sisterhood commando who was discovered in a tree near the manor house with a quiver of poisoned arrows, nor about the two flushed out of the undergrowth by mastiffs, each armed with garrotes, knives, and bludgeons. One of the women managed to kill herself as Rupert's forces closed in, the others were, amazingly, taken alive. Both were quietly executed, neither receiving the final intimate kindness shown Bonnie; all three rings were melted down and the gold donated to the poor.

At last the big day arrived. In the central cathedral of the capital city. The skies were overcast and drizzly, not even ruling monarchs could control the weather. Still, nothing could interfere with Wanda's joy. The ceremony was everything she hoped and went off flawlessly. Even in an event as rehearsed as this, King Rupert could still surprise. Wanda thought her wedding band seemed familiar. Later, she found out why. It was her Sisterhood ring, burnished to high shine, instead of "Wanda" and the date of her induction into the sisterhood, the ring now read "Angel" and was inscribed with the wedding date, two tasteful diamond chips, which complimented her engagement ring had also been added. It was just the sort of touch that Wanda had come to adore in her now husband.

Unlike regular married couples, The King and his new queen had to wait many long hours until the last hand was shaken the last cheek kissed, and the last goblet of wine served before they could depart to their honeymoon. Here, King Rupert surprised Wanda as well. They ventured to the coast in an ornate coach and then to an enchanting small island dominated by a luxury hotel. Wanda thought the destination had been selected for romantic reasons. Rupert knew that was only partially true. Security was his overarching concern. Rupert felt certain that once their marriage had been consummated, the Sisterhood would be less inclined to seek the life of his Angel. At least, he hoped so. For added protection, Rupert had them checked in under a pseudonym, striving to make them as invisible as possible. Only the owner of the hotel knew that he was hosting the royal couple. As far as the papers were concerned, King Rupert and his new queen were cruising on the royal yacht in the western sea. The royal yacht certainly was, with a dark-haired royal guard and a crimson-tressed actress serving as royal doppelgangers.

In their room, where they were one of dozens of other couples, the new bride and groom hungrily undressed each other. King Rupert had packed the leather-bound book of erotic poses and the newlyweds resumed from the bookmark. The room was quite enchanting with features, such as a mirrored ceiling and complimentary dildoes that Wanda had never dreamed of encountering. The couple made mad, passionate love before sleeping like the dead.

In the morning, after dining in their rooms and greeting the day with another powerful session of lovemaking, the king and queen put on simple clothing and set out to explore the hotel and the surrounding grounds. Wanda gazed at her reflection. A simple black skirt that fell to her knees, a silk blouse, pedestrian shoes, and a simple wrap; outfitted like this, she could, despite her fame, pass herself off as an ordinary housewife on vacation. King Rupert was simply attired as well. "looking like everyone else," he though almost aloud, "meant that they were essentially invisible. Surely the Sisterhood, if they were about, would not massacre an entire hotel in the hopes of eliminating one woman!"

Hand in hand, the besotted couple explored the grounds of the enormous hotel. Near a sheltered bay, Rupert pulled Wanda close and shushed her. There, just beyond the foliage that concealed them, was another young couple preparing to skinny dip. Rupert gave Wanda a sly look and they remained hidden. Wanda watched enthralled as the man laughingly began to strip off his clothes. He was fair-haired and powerfully built. His open shirt revealed an extremely masculine chest with a livid scar across one pectoral. He kicked off his shoes and then began to lower his pants. Wanda quite liked the penis on display, although it was only the second one, she had ever seen with her naked eye. His balls and part of his shaft were covered in a nest of thick straw-colored hair. His thighs were powerful, and his buttocks was even more alluring than that of her beloved Rupert. Only now did Wanda take note of the woman, who by now, was completely naked. Wanda found her as alluring as the naked husband. Her dark brown hair fell to the middle of her back. Her lovely countenance featured bee-stung lips and a flawless complexion. Her smooth, rounded shoulders gave way to a pair of modest but perky breasts. Her tummy was flat and her hips wide. A neatly trimmed triangle adorned her sleek pelvis. The couple kissed and then dashed into the water.

"Shall we join them, love?" asked Rupert slyly.

"But my tattoo, dear! They will know instantly who we are!" she returned in a whisper.

"So? Who's going to believe them when they say they went skinny dipping with the king and queen?"

"Now that you mention it, I could use with a dip. But won't it bother you, him seeing me naked?"

"You have a body any man would be proud to display. Besides? Who is going to believe him when he claims he swam with the queen in her birthday suit?"

"You ARE king after all, Sire!" replied Wanda avidly.

King Rupert boldly led Wanda into the clearing at the shoreline. He coughed softly, and once he had the surprised couple's attention, asked quite innocently, "Pardon the intrusion, but do you mind if we join you?"

The woman was noncommittal, but the man's eyes hungrily assessed Wanda. After a brief moment, he answered for them both, "No, not at all."

Rupert and Wanda quickly undressed each other. The bathing couple's eyes became as large as saucers as they contemplated Wanda's tattoo. Then the king and queen joined their startled subjects in their watery romp. For the next several hours, the four played and swam. After their initial shock, it did not take the first couple long to see the king and queen as just another set of honeymooners. When not swimming, they sunned themselves upon the rocks.

During quiet moments, the four engaged in conversation. The fair-haired man was Eric, his bride, Penelope. The scar on his chest had come from a duel which he had fought to secure his bride's hand. Wanda thought that was the most romantic story she had ever heard. She could not help but imagine what it would be like for two men to fight over her.

"Weren't you scared to duel another man, Eric?" she asked.

"Take a look at Penelope. To win beauty like that I would have fought a horde of soldiers unarmed! The ONLY fear I had was losing!"

"Aww" gushed Wanda, as Penelope kissed Eric when his tale concluded.

Rupert could not help but notice the effect the handsome and daring young man was having on his bride. His innate naughtiness came to the fore.

"How about a race to that mooring post, Eric." He gestured to an upright some distance away.

"Stakes?" returned Eric.

"If I win, Penelope must kiss me for full minute full on the lips. If you win, Angel has to kiss you for the same length of time."

"Rupert!" gasped Wanda.

"Go for it, Eric!" stated Penelope.

"Then it is decided," stated King Rupert. He strode to waterline until he was even with Eric. "We go on the count of three."

As the king entered the word "three," both men took off like a shot for the distant post. They were neck and neck the entire way and turned about the post almost as one. Both women were cheering mightily as the men neared the shore. As they got closer however, King Rupert developed a minor hitch in his stroke and Eric squeaked out the victory.

"Well played, Eric, well played. Reward the man, Angel."

Before Wanda could object, IF she was going to, Eric's naked muscular body encircled her own and he delivered a deep, powerful kiss that seemed to take far longer than a single minute. Wanda had to gasp for air when the straw-haired man stepped away from her, his huge erection raging.

"Now you have an excellent story to tell your grandchildren one day," stated King Rupert with pride, "Not that they will ever believe you, of course." Then Rupert chuckled mightily.

At this point the Hotel dinner bell rang, and the tired couples retrieved their clothes, redressed and returned to the trail and headed for the hotel.

"As they were on the return trail, Wanda stated, not quite upset, but clearly confused, "By the way you were carrying on there, Rupert, I almost think you lost on purpose."

"Not that you can ever prove it, Angel, but suppose I did?"

"You are incorrigible, Sire!"

"Guilty!" replied the king with a wide smile. Followed by, it's not every husband who allows his new wife the luxury of a stranger's kiss."

"The way you say that darling, I'm almost convinced you'd enjoy it if he ravished me!"

"He is handsome, is he not?"

"Why, yes of course, but losing on purpose ..."

"After dinner, I am going to race you around the bed to decide who is on top and then let's see who wins!"

The king lost that race as well, even Wanda could tell, deliberately. Not that she complained much. Wanda very much liked the top position. She remembered from her reading in her comparative religion classes when she was a student that the eastern followers of Venus NEVER permitted their husbands the top position. Wanda could see why, it certainly gave her a sense of power and freedom, and it was clear that her beloved Rupert enjoyed being dominated. At least in small doses.

The next day at lunch, they spied Eric and Penelope at a nearby table and offered them a seat at their table. The young attractive couple were quick to take up the offer

Dark-haired Penelope blushed as she sat down, "I'm sorry Your Highness, I felt certain you would not look on us fondly after yesterday."

"First, while we are here, call us Rupert and Angel, second, none of us have anything to be embarrassed about. All of us had a wonderful time."

After a few moments, whatever awkwardness there was about the table had dissipated and the four fell into deep and easy conversation.

Eric shared about his occupation and hopes for the future.

Rupert expressed what he would like to accomplish as king.

Penelope spoke of her childhood and of how Eric had risked his life to win her. Wanda pumped her for every detail.

At last, Wanda told of her experiences in the Sisterhood and about her relationship with Rupert.

"What's it like, Angel?"

"What is what like, Penelope?"

"Making love to a woman. That was the only kind of love in the Sisterhood?"

"What else was there? In any event, with the right partner, it was really quite nice, not a wonderful as what Rupert and I share, of course, but on cool nights with the moon shining down and all is peaceful and right with the world, it was not bad at all. Not that I kept girlfriends very long, but there are a few nights still burned in my memory."

"What did you look for in girls, Angel?" continued Penelope.

"My sister and I shared the same taste in women, we both liked, tall, slim, dark, pretty girls."

"That is my Penelope to a T," stated Eric with a slight chuckle as Penelope's deep brown eyes opened wide and met Wanda's emerald green ones.

Rupert broke the tension with a slight cough and stated, "After dessert, how about we all gather in our room and share some drinks."

"Capital idea, Rupert!" responded Eric boisterously.

Eric and Penelope were quite impressed with the royal couple's room. It was far more lavish than their much cheaper accommodations. Among the differences, Rupert and Angel's room came equipped with the largest bed they had ever seen as well as a lavish bar. Rupert poured sweet wine for the women and Whiskeys for himself and Eric. The conversation continued to flow. Eric was impressed with Rupert on a personal level. He owned new respect for the monarchy since it produced such a fine gentleman. Before meeting Rupert, Eric had viewed his king as little more than the dilettante playboy he was portrayed as in the media. But since his unalloyed military victory, the press and public had come to view him as a true and enlightened ruler. Having retired his never popular harem had also earned him points. Eric took side glances at Wanda as she sat next to Penelope in conversation on the huge, circular bed. For Rupert to have won such a phenomenal creature's love meant that he was far from an ordinary man. Their conversation was wide ranging from the economy to horses to the state of Eric's various business ventures and investments. So caught up were the men in each other's company that they were unaware, at first, what was transpiring between their spouses.

Penelope had begun by pumping Wanda for more details about life in the matriarchy. The lives of the members of the sisterhood were shrouded in mystery and Penelope could not believe her good fortune in encountering and honest to God actual female warrior! Wanda and Penelope discovered they had a mutual and satisfying rapport with each other. After about an hour of conversation, while their husbands droned on obliviously, Penelope asked the question that had been building in her since first recognizing her queen on the shores of the bay, "What's it like to kiss a girl, Angel?"

"Well, certainly you must know Penelope. My ladies-in-waiting informed me that it is quite common here for girls to practice kissing with each other before they begin experimenting with boys."

"That's not the same thing and you know it, Angel. I daresay that something very similar happens in the sisterhood as well."

"That is true enough, Penelope," Wanda said softly.

"Show me, Angel!" returned the dark-haired woman with a touch of plaintiveness. On her own initiative she closed the distance between herself and Wanda and embraced her. "We both know you find me pretty," whispered Penelope hotly in Wanda's ear, "As for me, I consider you ravishing."

That was all the inducement Wanda needed, she bent her face to meet Penelope's and graced her lips with a first kiss that was anything but tentative!

As Eric and Rupert droned on, things became suddenly quite steamy between Penelope and Wanda. Both women's hands were exploring beneath the clothing of their counterpart. Penelope had never been turned on this way and Wanda had not encountered a woman with whom she connected with so readily in a very long time. At about this time, Eric, still in rapt conversation with Rupert, happened to glance at the bed and his mouth fell open in surprise. Rupert quickly noted what had caught his new friend's attention and smiled widely. Rupert put his finger to his lips, indicating that Eric remain silent. Wordlessly, he retrieved two chairs and positioned both so that they had a clear yet unobtrusive view of the bed. The husbands watched enthralled as Penelope and Wanda worked each other's blouses off, revealing magnificent real estate.