From Charity to Chastity

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We were barely out of the parking lot when Brie turned in her seat and glared at me again. It wasn't long before I was uncomfortable.

'What?' I asked hesitantly. 'Are you pissed off about something?

'I hope I didn't misjudge you, Evan,' Brie said acidly.

'About what?' I asked, having no idea what I could have done.

'I'm wondering if I was wrong when I concluded you weren't looking to get laid. Of course, I meant I was sure you weren't trying to get me into bed. It never dawned on me you might be interested in the older sister. Now I'm not sure what you're up to. Ingratiate yourself with Chastity Teagarden or help Charity.'

I laughed nervously. 'No thought of getting either of you into bed ever crossed my mind, Brie,' I told her honestly, though inwardly I could imagine being very interested in Chastity. If circumstances were different. 'When I met Ms. Teagarden at Charity's parent-teacher conference, she didn't look anything like that. But I understand why you'd wonder. She is attractive.'

'Here's what we'll do, Evan. Charity can take the bus to my house the three days Chastity is at school. Let me know which ones. Mrs. Carrier has been asking for fewer days with Kevin. I'll kick her back to two days and Charity can watch Kevin. All I expect is she makes sure he doesn't burn the house down while she does her homework. He'll probably just play video games anyway. Tell Chastity I want to monitor Charity's grades. I also want you to tell me how she's doing in your class. I'll even pay her a few bucks an hour for being there. Did you see the clothes that poor kid was wearing? She must catch hell at school.'

'That wasn't a show, Brie. She dresses like that every day. She just got her first haircut since school began. I've never seen her with makeup before tonight. She didn't look like that in class Friday.'

'When can she start?' Brie asked.

'I believe Ms. Teagarden is in school Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I'll confirm that with Charity on Monday.'

'If that's the case, she can start a week from Monday if it can be arranged that quickly. Mrs. Carrier can supervise the first couple of nights. I'm sure Kevin will like Charity more than Mrs. Carrier. But Evan, if her work doesn't improve or she can't manage Kevin, I'll kick her to the curb in a heartbeat.'

It wasn't long before I began to see improvement in Charity's school work. After a few weeks, her appearance began to change a little, too. Nothing flashy or expensive. Old Navy or Walmart. Still no make-up. But the new clothes fit. Her attitude changed, too. She gradually grew more confident. Began participating more. I compared notes with some of her other teachers. Charity's schoolwork was improved in all her classes. I gave Charity a little extra help on occasion. More than some students; less than others.

I made periodic calls to Chastity for the rest of the school year. And kept Brie informed. When I met with a once-again frumpy-looking Chastity in April, I had nothing but good things to tell her. Chastity thanked me for helping Charity. I waved it off as nothing. It was Brie's help that made the difference. Chastity left with a smile on her face. I marveled at how plain-looking she'd been again and concluded it was intentional.

When school got out, Brie kept Charity on for the summer. Mrs. Carrier, a woman in her mid-sixties, had been ill. Charity had proven responsible and reliable. The kid had even gone so far as to buy a used ten-speed bicycle and rode the six miles between their homes that summer.

About a week before school started, I ran into Charity and Chastity while grocery shopping. It was the first time I'd seen either of them outside of school. I was a little embarrassed when Charity practically knocked me over when she charged into me and hugged me tightly. 'Thank you, Mr. Berry!' she said excitedly. 'I'm in Mrs. Bosley's honors English this year. Plus Mr. McCormack's honors chemistry, Mrs. Taylor's Algebra II, and I got into Mrs. Critch's photography!' She went on for several minutes before she took a breath.

'You don't have to thank me, Charity. Your hard work made the difference,' I told her.

'Charity, why don't you go make sure Susie is finding the stuff her mother wants her to get,' Chastity said when Charity took a breath. She took off and Chastity turned her attention to me. 'Susie is Charity's scatter-brained friend from down the road. Thanks, Mr. Berry. I know you went out of your way for my sister. I thank Brie, too. Every time I talk to her.'

'I'm glad it worked out. Charity just needed a break from the stress at home. She did it on her own. I knew she could,' I told her. 'All I did was sell my soul to my cousin. You did knew she's actually the devil in disguise?' I added grinning.

'You made my life a little easier, too. I didn't have to worry about Charity catering to Mom's demands when I wasn't home. I haven't thanked you for that, Mr. Berry.'

'Call me Evan, please. We're about the same age. Don't call me mister, except at school,' I told her. I was hesitant to ask but couldn't stop myself. 'How are things at home?'

'Mom's employer told her to enroll in rehab or lose her job. She completed the program and now goes to an AA meeting every day, morning and evening on weekends. She's been dry for almost three months. She's still struggling and she's not fun to be around. But then she was dour and cranky before she started drinking. She's never been a feel-good kind of mom. Dad was the warm and cuddly one. That's why his disappearance has been so hard on Charity.'

'How about you? Still going to school and working your butt off?' I asked.

Chastity twisted, making a show of looking at her backside and then smiled at me. 'I don't think I'm in any danger of it disappearing, but yeah, I stayed busy. I worked my two jobs this summer. With Charity at Brie's every day, I took a full load of summer courses, too. All I've got left is a semester of student teaching. I start Monday. It's a miserable commute. All the way down to the coast. Charity insisted on pitching in most of her earnings from the summer, so we've saved enough that I don't need the diner earnings this semester. Today was my last day.'

I took a moment to share my own experience when I first stood in front of a class. 'I was scared witless the first week I was student teaching. But once I got over the nervousness, it was fun to finally be in front of a class, apply what I'd learned, and know I really could do it. Don't let them see you're nervous, though. They'll eat you alive. Good luck.' I started to move on with my shopping. But just as I was turning the corner, I heard Chastity call my name.

'Evan? What are you doing for dinner tonight?' Chastity asked.

'Nothing special. I'll probably grill a couple of hot dogs or a burger and make a salad,' I told her.

'Will you let me treat you to dinner? To say thanks?' Chastity asked tentatively.

'That's not necessary. And I'm not sure it's a good idea, Ms. Teagarden. Brie practically accused me of using her to get laid the night she met you.' Though I knew I said it, I almost didn't believe I was so stupid. 'Besides, I'm your sister's teacher. It wouldn't be appropriate.'

'Chastity, please. What's good for the goose . . .' she smiled. 'Brie told me she questioned your motives at first when we talked about Charity watching Kevin for the summer. I assured her every conversation we've had was professional. And you're not Charity's teacher anymore. Besides, I said dinner.' The smile grew. So wide it threatened to strain her facial muscles. 'I never said anything about getting laid.'

'Maybe I better run it past my cousin first. It could be hazardous to my health if I crossed her,' I responded, only half-joking.

'You'll be okay. I already told her I might call and invite you to dinner. She said that would be nice of me.'

I caved. Not that I really wanted to say no to begin with.

Chastity gave me her address, on Teagarden Road naturally, and suggested I pick her up at six. I had a softball game that would end at about five. I wanted to shower and change afterward. I asked if six-thirty would be okay. 'Dress casual,' she told me. 'And leave your money home. It's my treat tonight.'

I arrived to pick up Chastity at the agreed upon time. The address was a small, two-story farmhouse, probably from the late-1700's. It needed paint and some other maintenance. There were no landscaping flourishes; no flowering shrubs or flowerbeds added color to the plain, white house. Large bluestone slabs led from the driveway to the front entry. Grass grew from gaps between the slabs. The lawn needed mowing but wasn't out of control. The front door was up two granite slabs that served as the front steps. There were two cars in the driveway. Both were more than ten years old. There was a large barn about fifty feet past the cars. It, too, had seen better days. It still looked solid but had a couple of missing boards. It was in more need of paint than the house. Only a few patches of classic barn red paint remained. The exposed wood was dark gray, weathered from years of exposure to the elements.

After I knocked on the door, it opened on a woman I took to be Charity and Chastity's mother, though she didn't introduce herself. She was probably in her late forties but looked older. She greeted me with a gruff 'Hello, Mr. Berry,' and turned back into the house, leaving the door open. I stepped inside as she called Chastity. Her voice had the gravelly rasp of a heavy smoker or whisky drinker. Once inside the door, I could smell tobacco. What I could see of the house suggested it was clean and orderly, except for the overloaded coat hooks and assorted footwear haphazardly strewn in a little alcove just to the left of the entry.

Chastity came down from upstairs and smiled at me. She was dressed like she was going to work rather than out for a casual meal. She looked nothing like the frumpy woman I'd had two meetings with. Or even the attractive woman that showed up for dinner with Brie. She wore navy blue slacks that hugged her hips, betraying a very appealing figure. A pale green oxford blouse was unbuttoned enough that a bit more than a hint of cleavage showed. She wore a silver chain with a small opalized ammonite pendant that rested within the exposed cleavage. Sensible make-up and a new hairstyle transformed her face into one suitable for a fashion magazine cover. Simple low-heel black pumps completed the look. The pendant drew my eyes to her breasts. I managed to avert my glance before I embarrassed myself.

She greeted me breezily and asked if I was ready to go. I figuratively pulled my tongue back in my head in time to indicate I was.

'I won't be late Mom,' she yelled out to her mother. 'Call if you need anything.'

As we walked to my car, I struggled for a moment before I could initiate a conversation. 'Where's Charity?' I finally asked. 'I thought I'd see her.'

'She's watching Kevin tonight. Brie has a date,' she responded with a friendly smile. As I held my truck door for her she asked. 'I thought I'd wear this my first day in front of class. What do you think?'

I closed the door and went around the car. I hoped to avoid answering. But she was looking at me when I got in, awaiting my response. I grinned at her and said, 'You look great!' Foolishly, I added, 'I'd only change one thing.'

'Oh? And what might that be?' she asked with another grin. The smile suggested she might know what I was thinking, though I doubted it.

I hesitated a moment, mentally flogging myself for not thinking before answering. And for saying more than necessary. Why couldn't I have just left it at you look great? 'I'd fasten one, maybe two more buttons on your blouse.' Chastity laughed. I breathed a sigh of relief.

'Oh, I will. The extra buttons are for you. I'll keep the students' attention on their chemistry and physics lessons. I don't want the girls annoyed because the boys are ogling me and the boys distracted because they're fantasizing about me.' She was still smiling.

Maybe this was a date.

Dinner was fun, though I hadn't anticipated fast food. We went to one of those over-priced burger chains that advertise never-frozen hamburger meat and ballyhoo the source of their current potato supply. I found I enjoyed Chastity's company immensely. She was smart, funny, engaging and very easy on the eyes. It was no surprise she had attended the same high school as Charity. She'd been all-state in soccer and softball during her high school tenure. I'd never looked at the school's athletic trophy case. When I later did, I quickly found Chastity and one of her teammates in photos of several all-state sports teams. The Chastity in the all-state soccer team photo was a very attractive young girl with great legs.

It was just dark when I pulled into the driveway to drop Chastity off. I was a little ambivalent about how to say goodbye. I thought a simple 'Thanks for dinner. I had a good time. Good night,' was appropriate. More tempting was, 'I had a good time. Can we do this again?'

Chastity resolved my dilemma. She leaned toward me and gently pulled my face toward hers'. She kissed me gently and backed away. When she saw I didn't resist, she kissed me again. With a passion I hadn't anticipated. When she broke the kiss, she said 'I'd like it if your next call wasn't about my sister.' Then let herself out of my truck and went into the house without a backward glance.

I backed out of the driveway after watching her go inside.

I talked to Brie first. She had no objection, though she made a wisecrack about being surprised it wasn't the very cute Charity I was asking about. I called Chastity several times over the next couple weeks, but something always kept us from getting together. I wondered if I should give up on Chastity, despite her clear signal of interest.

Brie called on a Wednesday night and invited me over for an end of summer cookout on Friday night.

I arrived a little late after getting caught up in correcting two sets of quizzes from that day. Chastity's car was in the driveway. She apparently had the night off for some reason. I was glad to see it, hoping I might finally get some time with her. There were about twenty people already there. I knew a few of them in passing but no one as well as Brie and Kevin. Chastity gave me a friendly hug when she saw me. Charity appeared, said 'Hi,' then vanished again. One of the guests was a boy I guessed was about fifteen. Someone far more interesting than last year's English teacher. Unfortunately, I didn't get much time with Chastity. She knew nearly everyone and got caught up in conversations.

Brie introduced me to a man she had been seeing for over a year. He'd recently proposed, but she hadn't given an answer yet. I spent a good part of the night getting acquainted with him. He was a once-divorced psychiatrist that Brie had met at a hospital fund-raiser. It was his son that had Charity's attention. A couple that were friends of my parents were both shrinks. They were both likeable, if a little strange. Garrett seemed normal. Friendly, laid back, and wickedly funny. I liked him. And it was easy to see why Brie did.

Chastity left early. Charity wasn't happy about it. When I left a little after nine, I was surprised to see Chastity parking her car in front of mine. She was also disappointed we hadn't been able to connect. We stayed next to her car and talked for a while. We finally decided to go when Garrett and his son came out, said good night and drove off.

I stopped for gas on the way home. When I got there, I was surprised to find Chastity parked in my driveway. She was sitting on the front steps waiting for me.

'Hi, what are you doing here?' I asked.

'I decided I didn't want to go home yet,' she told me.

'Do you want to go somewhere? Carol's Pub is still open.'

'Here is fine. Unless you don't want me to come in,' Chastity said softly.

'By all means. Come in. It's only a little messy. My breakfast dishes are still in the sink.'

I opened the door, stepped in to turn on the light and ushered Chastity inside. I gave her the nickel tour of the first floor but didn't take her upstairs to the bedrooms. The house was a tiny two-bedroom farmhouse built in the early nineteenth century. It had probably been very spartan living quarters when it was built. It had been updated with the basics, indoor plumbing, a central heating system and electricity, modern kitchen appliances.

Chastity turned down wine and beer but accepted an iced tea. I put on some music and we sat on the love seat to talk. I knew we had two things in common, teaching and Charity. We started talking about teaching.

'How's your student teaching going?' I asked.

'I think it's going well,' she began. 'Mrs. Bickley is great and gives me lots of constructive feedback. The students have mostly been easy to deal with. A few of the older boys tried to chat me up. Mrs. Bickley watched while I handled it and told me I did well. They won't try again.'

I knew she was going to teach high school chemistry and physics. 'How are the labs going?' I asked. I remembered chem lab as chaotic when I was in high school. But that might just have been Mr. Hack, a good lecturer, but obviously less comfortable in the lab.

'Mrs. Bickley spent quite a bit of time helping me get a grip on how to get the kids organized and focused. Labs are going well. Though not without some broken glassware.'

We spent the next hour talking with the conversation eventually moving away from teaching. I felt very comfortable with Chastity. And was growing very attracted to her. I had a sense she was waiting for me to kiss her. But I was still hesitant.

'Can I use the bathroom before I go?' Chastity asked.

I relaxed on the love seat until she returned. I started to get up, thinking she was ready to go but to my surprise, she knelt on the love seat, straddling my legs. She sat on my legs, wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a kiss.

Any concerns about the ethics of developing a relationship with the sister of a former and potentially future student dissipated as soon as I felt her breasts against my chest and her lips on mine. Things heated up quickly but didn't progress far. My shirt got unbuttoned. Her hands set my chest and back on fire. Her bra got unhooked and my hands found her breasts. She humped against me until we both were moaning into our kisses, exploring mouths with our tongues and breathing hard. But just before I came in my pants, she broke off what we were doing and stood.

I stood to take her hand, thinking she wanted to move upstairs. But she pulled her hand away and shyly recomposed herself, turning her back to me.

'I should go,' she said. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and was headed for the front door. 'Please call me, Evan. I know I'm busy all the time and you might not be able to see me as much as you'd like. But don't give up on me. Please?' Then she was gone.

I called her the next day and we spoke for a few minutes. In fact, we spoke every few days until the next time we could get together on Columbus Day. Brie had to work so Charity had Kevin for the day. I got conned into taking Kevin and Charity apple picking. Chastity met us at the orchard but after the four of us had hot chocolates and cider donuts together, she left to take her mother to a doctor appointment.

I enjoyed spending time with my cousin's son, who calls me Uncle Evan. He's a bright, energetic inquisitive kid with a goofy grin, an unruly head of dark hair and a cowlick he absolutely hates. I had hoped to spend at least part of the day alone with Chastity.

Pursuing Chastity was frustrating. Between her student teaching and weekend job, she had little free time. We both spent weeknights refining or reviewing lesson plans and addressing homework assignments. And though strongly attracted to Chastity, I still had some reservations about the ethics of seeing the older sister of one of my former students.