From Friends to Lovers Ch. 04

Story Info
A journey, then the pool all to themselves.
3k words
4.72
13.5k
14
0

Part 4 of the 34 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 04/02/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Beth was standing at the gate with her case when I arrived the next morning, and I hugged her as usual, giving a conspiratorial lift of my eyebrows. "Kissing can wait till later," she grinned.

She turned and waved to her mum as I put her case in the boot, then slid into the passenger seat, fastening her seatbelt and looking at me demurely. "So my knight in shining armour has come to sweep me up into his saddle and ride off with me."

I chuckled. "That has definite possibilities -- 'Oh, sir, what are you doing'?"

We set off, and Beth studied the map on her phone. "It's a beautiful drive."

"I remember there's a place we can stop for lunch not long after we turn off the ring road," I nodded.

I concentrated on the traffic, and we were quickly out of town and driving through fields. "Look," pointed Beth, and I glanced up to see the unmistakeable outline of a kite overhead, its forked tail twisting to steady itself in the breeze. "There are kestrels on the bluff above where we're going, I think."

We chatted as we always did on long journeys, pointing out things to look at, remembering other holidays, and it wasn't long before I spotted the sign I'd been waiting for, slowing to pull into the car park.

Beth took my hand as we walked towards the café, and glanced across at me. "So -- what's our story?" she queried with a grin.

"Not sure what you mean?"

"Well, we can be anything we want on this trip when we're not in private, can't we... We could go back a couple of steps, be friends who are just on the verge of becoming lovers, let anyone who's watching wonder how long -- if -- we're going to take the plunge."

"I like this," I chuckled. "What are the other possibilities?"

"I guess just a couple on their summer holiday," Beth shrugged.

A grin spread itself slowly across her face. "Or it could be our honeymoon..."

I blinked. "Wow. Hold that thought -- that could definitely be fun. What about rings, though?"

"We go through that other town on the way," Beth ventured. "Maybe there's a jeweller's, we can see if there's anything we like."

We reached the café door, and I let Beth go ahead. A waitress with a lace-edged apron looked up as we entered. "A table for two?"

"Please."

We sat down, and Beth studied the menu. "Mm -- baked potato with cheese sounds good."

"I fancy the chilli," I nodded. "Coffee?"

"Sure."

I ordered for us, then relaxed, looking round. One or two other tables were occupied, and I saw an older couple glancing at us, then the wife whispering to her husband, smiling. Playing to the first suggestion we'd talked about, I reached my hand across the table to touch Beth's fingers hesitantly, then withdrew as she looked up. "Sorry."

Beth shook her head, her eyes dancing. "It's fine." As though unconsciously, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled. The waitress arrived with our coffee, and I spooned sugar into Beth's cup, stirring it before sliding the cup across the table towards her. She picked it up and sipped, her eyes on my face as though oblivious to anything else around her.

The waitress gave the older couple their bill, and they paid, then made their way out with a last glance back at us. "I think we convinced them," Beth chuckled.

Our food arrived, and Beth mixed her cheese in with the potato before taking a bite. "Mm, it's good."

We finished our meal and I paid the bill while Beth visited the ladies' room. "OK, let's get going," she smiled.

When we were back on the road, Beth put her handbag on her lap and reached into it. My eyes widened at the flash of red silk between her fingers, and she chuckled. "I remembered you liked this last time I did it. Just to give your imagination something to work on..."

I grinned. "Mm, definitely."

We reached the next small town, and Beth pointed. "Look, there's a jeweller's."

I drew up in the nearest parking spot, and we walked back to the shop, the bell tinkling as I held the door open for Beth.

"Can I help you?" the grey-haired jeweller queried, removing the loupe from his eye.

Beth glanced at me. "We're looking for matching plain rings -- we're really hoping you've got something in our sizes in stock."

He smiled. "I'm sure I can find something to suit."

He pulled trays from under the glass counter. "These ones are what we call 'D' shaped, they're our most popular style. Or there are these others, called 'court' style -- they're a little more expensive but some people prefer them for comfort."

"Can I try the court one?" Beth asked, and he took her left hand briefly, looking at her ring finger. "I think..."

He selected a ring from the tray, and held it out to me. "Perhaps you'd like to help your young lady try it on."

Beth offered her hand, and I slipped the ring on. "Seems to fit nicely."

I looked up, and my heart jumped as I saw unmistakeable tears in the corner of Beth's eyes. She blinked them away, and nodded. "It feels perfect."

"This is the matching one," the jeweller offered, and Beth slid the ring onto my finger. "Is that OK, Tim?"

I ran my thumb over the bright gold. "Definitely."

"Can we...?" Beth let the question hang in the air, her face hopeful.

"Of course," I said. I reached for my wallet, and the jeweller discreetly swiped my card and handed it back. "All the best for your special day," he wished us, and Beth looked like she was going to cry again.

"Thank you," I nodded. "We really appreciate your help."

As we walked back to the car, I put my arm around Beth's shoulders. "Are you OK?"

She nodded, pulling out a hanky. "I wasn't expecting that to get to me."

I hugged her closer. "I don't know how this will work out, my love, but -- these aren't just pretend, for our game, they mean more than that."

Beth sniffled again. "Thank you..."

We got back into the car, and Beth turned her ring on her finger, then stretched her hand out. "Funny -- it feels the most natural thing in the world, as though I've always worn it."

I glanced at the road signs. "It's not far now -- do you want to pull the map back up? It's a while since we were here."

Beth helped me navigate, and shortly we were pulling into the hotel car park. "If we check in first, then I'll get the cases?" I offered.

I let Beth walk a little in front of me, and I smiled as I glanced at the outline of her bottom in the thin summer dress she'd chosen. "I'm remembering what's in your handbag," I murmured quietly, and she glanced back over her shoulder with a lift of her eyebrows and a knowing grin.

We reached the hotel reception, and the young woman behind the desk glanced up. "We have a reservation," I offered. "In the name of Oakes."

"Mr Oakes, of course," she smiled. "You have the poolside room."

She took a key from a brass hook. "It's at the near end of the car park, the door facing you. Oh, and could you sign the book?"

I picked up the pen from the desk, finding the next blank line in the guest book. I glanced at Beth, then wrote. "Mr and Mrs Oakes. There, darling, the first time we've been that anywhere."

Beth nodded, amusement and incipient tears mixed in her expression, and I took her hand. "Let's see what our room's like."

I smiled my thanks at the receptionist, and we walked back outside. "Here," I indicated, turning the key in the lock and opening the door.

"Wow," Beth ventured, "this is amazing."

To one side of the room was a bed, at least king-size, and on the other side a doorway led into a spacious en-suite with shower and corner bath. But across the back of the room a curtain covered sliding glass doors, the pool beyond sparkling in the sunlight from the translucent panels in the roof.

"It's perfect," enthused Beth, wrapping her arms around me. "I can't wait to try the water."

"Remember it's open to the other guests until eight," I reminded her with a grin, "so you'll need your swimsuit. Let me get the cases and you can dig it out."

I went back to the car, and when I returned Beth was undressing, slipping her summer dress off over her head. I put her case on the bed, and she flashed her eyebrows at me. "No looking, remember. You'll get your surprise later."

I turned my back, and after a few moments I heard "OK, you can turn round again now."

Beth had opted for a bikini, in a light blue colour that reminded me of the dress she'd worn for dinner. It was fastened with thin laces, and Beth had tied them in looped bows. "It needs to be easy enough to take off," she hinted, smiling. "Are you going to swim?"

I shook my head. "When we're on our own. Believe me, I'll enjoy watching you."

I opened the curtain part way, figuring out the latch of the doors and sliding one side back far enough for us to slip through. There were a couple of other people in the pool, and I found a plastic chair, angling it so that I could see the whole area.

Beth leaned down to kiss me on the lips. "OK -- I won't be in for long, I'll be feeling like something else to eat soon."

She walked to the side of the pool, climbing down the steps and letting the water rise up her body, wetting the fabric of her bikini so that it clung to her figure. She grinned knowingly at my eyes fixed on her, then turned, starting to swim lazily towards the other side. I kept watching as she reached the far edge, then gracefully slid below the surface to turn, heading back towards me.

Beth swam for a few minutes, then pulled herself out, sitting with her feet dangling in the water while she gathered her hair and draped it over one shoulder. "You make a very convincing mermaid," I offered, just loud enough for her to hear.

She got to her feet, droplets of water still running down her stomach, her legs. "Think that's enough for now."

We returned to the room, and I made sure the door was secure, the curtains closed. "Want to shower before you dress for dinner?"

Beth nodded. "You?"

"Hmm, I think I'm OK. I'll have one after we've swum later, anyway."

I reached for the bow at her waist. "Need a little help...?"

She grinned, tugging at the lace of her bikini top. "Oh, I think between you and me we can handle this."

I pulled gently, and the bow loosened. Beth moved her feet apart just a little, and her bikini bottom slid to the floor. I leaned forward to dab my tongue at a few drops of water just below her navel, ignoring the slight hint of chlorine. "Mm," Beth smiled. "But we don't want to be late for dinner, remember."

I smiled, kissing her stomach. "Got it."

I watched her shower, then had to close my eyes for a few moments again while she got ready. She'd chosen a wine-coloured dress I'd not seen before, and I nodded. "Very elegant."

I locked the door behind us, and we made our way up the slight hill. "Shall we try the Indian place?" I queried, and Beth nodded. "Please."

Dinner was delicious, the aromatic mixture of spices perfect, and Beth put down her fork with a satisfied smile. "Mm."

She picked up the menu again. "Maybe we can have a coffee? Oh, look, they've got those cute plastic penguins with the ice cream inside..."

I chuckled at the hopeful look on her face. "Of course you can have one."

I watched as she scooped out ice cream with the tiny plastic spoon, then used her finger to get the last few drops. "We're taking him back with us, aren't we?"

"He?" I grinned.

"Well, Percy the penguin of course."

I paid the bill, and Beth clutched the plastic toy as we walked back to the hotel, looking for all the world like a little girl with the prize her daddy had won for her at the fair.

I closed the door behind us, checking my watch. "OK -- everyone else should have gone by now."

Beth nodded. "So help me undress -- that's part of your treat -- and we can both go in the water for a while."

She turned to open the curtains, standing in front of the glass. "You can help me with the zip now," she hinted.

I lowered the zip slowly, standing close behind her, and slipped the dress off her shoulders. Underneath I found silky fabric, laced at the back in a crossover pattern, and Beth turned towards me. "Oh wow," I couldn't help myself. She wore a white bustier, edged with soft lace, and her breasts were pushed up by the tight fabric, their curves tantalising. "I thought at dinner you looked especially, well..."

I held out my hands as if to illustrate, and Beth chuckled softly. "I'm glad it had the desired effect. But it can come off now," she hinted.

I slid a hand round her back, finding the end of a lace and pulling gently with my fingertips. "You seem to have a knack for that," Beth murmured as the garment loosened, freeing her breasts. I bent to dab a kiss on one nipple, and she gasped. "Swim first," she managed to hang on to her resolve, "but this makes me want the afterwards even more, believe me."

She finished undressing, and glanced at me, grinning. "Come on, then."

I quickly shed my clothes, and slid the door to the pool aside. "Last one in's a lemon."

I stepped to the edge of the water and dived in. "I know that's against the rules," I called, "but it's not the only one we're breaking, right?"

Beth flashed her eyebrows at me, then deliberately jumped in right next to me, knees pulled up to make the biggest splash possible. I sputtered, water in my mouth and nose, and pretended to glare at her. "Right, young lady, you are in so much trouble."

She squealed and made a half-hearted attempt to escape as I wrapped my arms around her, ducking her briefly under. "Meany," she scolded, and jumped at me, trying to overbalance me into the water. Instead I caught her, lifting her up, her legs either side of me, and suddenly her expression changed as she pressed against my stomach. "Oh god, that feels nice."

I walked to the edge of the pool with her still in my arms, and leaned against the side. Beth bent to kiss me, then tilted her head back, what she wanted obvious. I kissed her wet breasts, then started to suckle her, feeling her warmer against my stomach even in the cool water.

She gasped. "I know we've only just got in, but I think that's enough swimming for now."

I let her slide down, her feet touching the bottom of the pool. "Well, we could get the bedsheets all wet... But I saw a couple of loungers over there, I think the cushions come off."

I climbed out of the pool, holding out my hand to help Beth up the steps, and we walked across to the lounging area. I tugged the pad of the nearest lounger onto the floor, and Beth laid back, smiling up at me. "Mm, comfy."

She parted her thighs, letting me see her. "After everything today - our imagining at the café, and no panties, and getting rings --" again she looked for a moment as though emotion would overwhelm her -- "and you touching me a little every so often, I --"

She hesitated, overcoming shyness. "I just want you in me, straight away, and I want you not to hold back."

She grinned. "And we don't have to worry about being too loud in here."

I nodded, sliding between her thighs, not even needing her to guide me, and entered her smoothly, getting a moan of satisfaction in return.

I began to move in her, watching her face. "This is what I was imagining yesterday," I murmured, "when we were on the phone."

Beth closed her eyes, her expression blissful. "This is so much better than my fingers, and -- oh god -- when your stuff goes into me, like when it spurted out of you..."

Her eyes opened, a wild look in them, and she flexed her hips upwards insistently. "Mm -- oh, whenever you want, I just know when I feel you I'll --"

I felt myself tipping over the edge, and I thrust into her once, again, a groan tearing itself from my lips, echoing around the room. Beth gasped, and I felt her muscles ripple around me. "Oh -- don't stop, just keep going, yes, ohhhhhhhh..."

Her cry of pleasure lasted for long seconds as I continued to move in her, then she gasped, tightened her thighs around me. "OK..."

We stayed as we were for a few minutes, then I reluctantly untangled myself from her body. "Shower...?"

"Mm-hmm."

I quickly reassembled the lounger, and followed Beth back to our room. We helped one another wash, getting the last traces of chlorine out of Beth's hair, then she patted herself dry, climbing between the fresh sheets. "Mm, this feels lovely."

I joined her, wrapping my arms around her. "Another swim in the morning?"

"Mm, think so," Beth murmured sleepily.