All Comments on 'From Mars to the Stars'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

To the stars and beyond! Great story!

5

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 1 year ago

Excellent story, Mr. Black. Thank you. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An implied revenge story by a usually excellent writer. I felt the plot was contrived and shallow and the characters in general not very likeable. Despite a few clever contrivances it just seemed flat to me.

stev2244stev2244about 1 year ago

Good story with an original plot.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

Weak ending. Should have shown the two "first families" being embarrassed.

\

The word is "cachet," not "cache."

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 year ago

Good story, but the ending was flat

MwestohioMwestohioabout 1 year ago

That end of story is just hanging

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 1 year ago

This was an imaginative romance across the universe. Well done!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 1 year ago

Hi, Matt, as a long-time Mars-story fan (hey, I even read all of ERB's Barsoom series in college), I enjoyed this, particularly with the little historical and SF Easter eggs scattered throughout it. The machinations by Paul and Emily's families seemed be similar to some practiced in upper echelon colonial societies in centuries past (hopefully past!) and I felt really sorry for Sandrina, even more so than for Paul...at least for a while.

.

The story was well written and covered everything quite well, with just rewards being handed out to those who deserved them. The one exception was that I didn't quite buy the aging Emily as presented. She'd proven herself to be quite the social climber earlier so I figured she would have moved on, hooking someone else to maintain her status and lifestyle. However, after thinking about it, perhaps the stigma that Paul suspected for himself might have stuck to her in a different way after the divorce and the final line was hilarious anyway.

.

In the end, this was a sweet tale that fit very well with the challenge. Thanks for participating and for sharing your work.

CagivagurlCagivagurlabout 1 year ago

Great story

five stars

Cagivagurl

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 1 year agoAuthor

sbrooks103x, thank you for poining ou hat I missed he t on cachet. :)

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104about 1 year ago

Good story, five stars. The last sentence is pure gold.

jlg07jlg07about 1 year ago

It would have been nice to see some payback against the older brother and the parents but great story.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Great story and loved the “third theory” idea. 5*

inka2222inka222211 months ago

Crossovering with another SwaA story, "good thing cats weren't allowed on Mars" :P Amazing BTB story, both as a SciFi work and as LW/BTB work. Pity the evil parents of the main character didn't get any negative fallout (Emily's presumably did by her not having kids). Easy 5 stars.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirens9 months ago

I enjoyed the story. Interesting theory on the common ancestor. Five stars!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later

SIMILAR Stories