From the Ashes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then everything went black.

***

"Ms. Collins. A pleasure."

"Mr. Moreno."

"Where is our shipment, Ms. Collins?"

A brief pause as I shook the rest of the fuzz from my brain.

"Mr. Moreno, please believe me when I say I had no idea it belonged to you. I am working on returning it to Gabe."

"Gabe is not your concern, Ms. Collins. You will return it to me. Intact. And you will compensate me 5% interest of the net worth. I'll text you the details."

A pause.

"Please forgive me, but what do you mean she's not my concern?"

I'd never heard Cap sounds so deferential... and I could hear the stress in her voice, even through the tinny speaker on the flip phone, as I listened to their conversation.

"She's dead, Ms. Collins. And she was a tough bitch, loyal as all fuck. I had to take four of her fingers and pluck a fucking eye out before she gave you up and your little friend here."

Silence. My stomach churned as a cold sweat beaded and slid down my spine.

"So, again, you will return the shipment to me."

"Yes, Sir. Of course."

"Is there anything else Ms. Collins?"

"Please...don't kill her. Please give me some time to return the shipment."

I listened to him sigh impatiently.

"Ms. Collins, you have 24 hours to return what belongs to me. After that, she will start to pay your debt. I will not kill her...immediately. I will allow men to pay to do whatever the fuck they want to her. Then, when she's unrecognizable, I will slit her fucking throat. So, I suggest you hurry the fuck up. The clock is ticking, Ms. Collins."

*

I listened to that conversation, sitting in a beautiful dining room, in what I could only assume was Mexico. I think it was Mexico. How would I know? I woke briefly, very groggy, on a plane, before someone stuck something in my arm again. The style of the home looked Mexican, hacienda style from what I could see through the window, with lovely, terracotta walls, warm prints hung decoratively about, a gorgeous view of the mountains...everything so bright, so opulent...it screamed of wealth.

The dining room was a formal one, with a huge table the looked like it could seat 20. I sat at one end...and a man, slim, not many inches taller than me, with bronze skin, black hair that was a little long, and dark, dark eyes sat at the other. He was eating something that smelled delicious, but I was not offered any. And when he disconnected the call, he continued to eat, pretty much ignoring me. There were two exits to the room... and four huge men, dressed casually in polo shirts and black pants, standing beside those exits.

I tried not to think of the words I'd heard in that accented voice... or the tension I'd heard in Cap's voice. I forced myself not to think at all for a moment.

Eventually he, Mr. Moreno, put his fork down and looked up at me.

"Ms. Graham. You are my guest today. For the next," he glanced at what I could only assume was a pricey watch on his wrist, "23 hours and 40 minutes, you can relax in one of my guest rooms. If you want to walk the grounds, you may, escorted. Someone will bring your meals to you. If you need anything, there is a landline in your room. Someone will always answer and bring you what you need."

He had a thick Spanish accent, but his English was very good. I liked the way he seemed to caress the words as he spoke.

"Mr. Moreno, I don't understand—"

"Yes, I don't believe you do. However, your girlfriend stole something that belonged to me. Gabe tried to retrieve it... she failed. Now Acapella will bring it to me. Until then, you will remain here."

"As a guest?" I breathed out, knowing the answer.

"Until tomorrow? Yes. Then, as you heard, you will begin to pay off Acapella's debt."

I swallowed, "I don't have that kind of money, Mr. Moreno."

He smirked... and it scared me worse than anything. "And as you also heard, you won't need any money."

***

Five days later...

***

I steadied myself as the plane touched down. I wouldn't be relieved until I saw I was back in the U.S. Until I saw a familiar face... any familiar face. I had already been thinking about what I needed... thinking clearly, for the first time in days. My mind went back there for a moment, although I made concerted efforts not to let it. I remember the beauty of that gorgeous guest room, with lovely golden tapestries, the massive four-poster bed, the huge, black and gold bathroom. I remember taking a bath, eating the most delicious enchiladas I've ever tasted, drinking a delicious, light, fruity white wine... I remember watching Netflix, sleeping comfortably in the huge, soft bed... the excellent breakfast and lunch the next day... and then one of the huge men from the dining room rushed into my room, backing me up, sticking another needle in my arm... it was the first of many needles over the next four days... I remember waking, sometimes in a haze, sometimes somewhat lucid... red walls, a much smaller bed... I was completely naked, my arms and legs tied to the bedposts... And... people were talking in Spanish, laughing... moaning. Lots of moaning... and there were sounds of sex. And the men... some I saw enter and disrobe... some were already on top of me... inside of me... so many of them...

I blinked. No. Not now. Not right now. I had to hold it together. Try to clear my head. I don't know what they shot me up with every 6 hours like clockwork. Heroin? Probably. I could remember the warmth as it slid over me, through me, whenever they injected me... the floating... the calm... but then there were the men... the grunting... smothering me with their weight... forcing themselves into me...

No.

Not right now.

I was going home. Mr. Moreno had come to deliver the news himself. Had watched as they escorted me to the tiny attached bathroom and allowed me to shower. It was only the second time I had been allowed to do so. There were clothes on the bed when I reentered the tiny, red room. Someone had to help me into them since I was still floating...

Now I was on a private plane, my head finally beginning to clear. The stewardess had brought me coffee. Black. Strong. I'd insisted. And nothing to eat. I would probably never eat Mexican food again. I watched as she opened the door, lowered the steps. I was the only one on the plane, but I sat and waited until she indicated I could leave. Terrified it was a joke and they would change their minds.

But as I walked down those stairs, and saw Buck's massive, dark chocolate frame, his eyes worried, his mouth tight... I knew it was over. I walked to him, trying to pay attention to my steps so I didn't trip, didn't fall... he reached out to hug me, but I stepped back. I didn't want anyone touching me right now. My skin crawled at the thought of all the men who had touched me without my permission...

Buck looked me over, an awkward pause passing between us... and then he shuttled me into the passenger seat of a huge black SUV. We were on the highway minutes later when his phone rang. Before he answered it, I grabbed his wrist.

"Tell her I'm fine, okay?"

He looked at me. I wasn't fine. He could see it... my hair was matted, my clothes... well, they weren't mine. They were items left behind by...I have no idea who. When I'd glanced in the mirror hours ago, my skin had a sick, yellowish hue... probably from all the drugs. And my eyes... they seemed... haunted.

But I didn't want Cap going against what I assumed was a Mexican cartel. She would get herself killed. So, she had to believe I was fine.

I wouldn't see her for quite some time anyway. She'd been unable to return the shipment intact. Joe-Joe had sold some of it off. So, she'd agreed to work for Mr. Moreno for six months. Doing whatever he asked. I didn't even want to think about what she had to agree to for me to be released. I felt bad... she'd traded herself for me. But... I didn't feel bad enough to volunteer to stay. Not in that place... not in that way.

"Hey," Buck finally answered the ringing cell.

"Take me off speaker."

I watched as Buck did as she demanded. I could still hear most of their conversation.

"You got her?"

Cap's voice... deep... sexy... worried. It filled me with a feeling that I thought had been erased from my very soul during the past few days.

"Yeah."

An awkward pause. Then Cap's deep voice again, "she good?"

I could hear him almost choke on the word as he muttered "yeah."

Cap evidently heard it also since she paused for quite some time.

"She tell you to say that?"

"Yeah."

"It's really bad?"

I held my breath, waiting for Buck to answer...

"Yeah."

More silence. Then...

"Buck... don't let her out of your sight. And if I run into any trouble, I text you what we agreed, you grab her and run. You keep running. Yeah?"

Another pause between them.

"I got her. Take care of yourself."

There was a click... and then silence accompanied us the rest of the way home.

***

8 months later...

***

He stood with lightening speed as the door was pushed open slowly. A pause...and then a familiar body stepped into the room. He lowered his gun, a grin on his face.

"Fuck. You fucking scared the shit out of me."

Cap grinned, casual, seemingly happy to be home... but he could see there was something different about her. Her eyes... they looked dead. Much like Jenna's eyes had been... still were.

Cap tossed her duffle against a wall, stretching.

"Where is she?"

Buck stood, "uh...yeah. About that."

*

I heard her voice... felt it deep inside. Warming me... bringing me back to life. Months of therapy as my body changed... my life changed. And all it took was her voice. I took a deep breath and hoisted myself up off the bed. That was getting harder and harder. I smiled to myself, making my way to the bathroom first. I spent a lot of time in the bathroom now. While I was there, I ran a cool cloth over my face and brushed my teeth. Took another deep breath. Time to get this over with. I wondered what she would think. What her first instinct would be. Well, no time like the present...

I opened the bedroom door and took her in as she turned. She looked... tired. Attractive, but tired. Her hair was still shaved down close to her scalp. I'd wondered if she'd let it grow. The rest of her, thick, muscular... I'd forgotten the size of her thighs... like tree trunks. Her eyebrows were thick, dark and messy, but I loved them that way. And I remembered that nose, crooked with a lump in the center... and those full, sexy lips.

But it was her eyes that drew me in. Dark... changed... but still warm. Filled with warmth as she took me in... as her gaze skimmed over me. It was almost as real and heavy as a touch, that gaze. And I wondered what she was thinking as she took in my honey brown skin and curves... especially the newest curve. The one that added 20 pounds to my already hefty weight. The one the kept me up some nights. The one... pressed against my bladder for the most part.

"Hi."

Yup, that was my brilliant welcome back for a woman who had clearly been through hell working for a Cartel. A woman who had traded her freedom for mine. She stood, frozen for a moment... but she didn't appear to be shocked. So, I knew Buck had already warned her that I was seven and a half months pregnant. That... we'd lied to her all those months ago. That I hadn't been all right. Not for some time. And when I found out I was pregnant... Well, it was either involuntary institutionalization or daily therapy according to Buck. Because he had pretty much given up after my second week in bed.

But now I stood, waiting to see what she would do... what she would say. Still wondering...

"Hi."

That was her witty comeback. And we both smiled a little. Then she was across the room and I was in her arms, as much as I could be with my huge belly. And she was kissing my forehead, my cheeks, my lips... ah, those lips... And I didn't bother to stop the tears streaming down my cheeks. At this moment, and probably for a long time, it seemed everything would be just fine.

Everything would be just perfect.

***

EPILOGUE

"What are you doing here?"

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

Jesus, these idiots could not whisper if their lives depended on it. You'd think they would give me a break after I just spent 17 and a half hours giving birth. Especially since it was pretty close to 2am and I was sure neither one of them had permission to be in this room. I opened one eye just a bit, pretending to still be asleep, watching the giant Black man, surely my best friend on this planet, gently rock the tiny bundle wrapped in a pink blanket. I wrinkled my nose at the pink, but that's what happened when you forgot one of your bags at home during your rush to the hospital.

"Come meet our girl."

She smiled at Buck's 'whisper.'

"Our girl?"

I smirked, Jesus these two would drive me nuts. It was bad enough Cap was gone more than she was here, still working for the Cartel, unable to extract herself since she'd, evidently, done an outstanding job. Now they were going to argue over who would be parenting?

"Fuck you, Cap. She's mine too."

I smiled again, watching as Buck passed the tiny bundle to Cap...who immediately cradled it against her chest.

"What'd she name her?"

She was certain she could hear Buck chuckle, "fucking Cadence."

A moment of silence, "is that a fucking joke?"

Another chuckle from Buck, "nope, she said it was in honor of your musical name."

"Fuck."

I smiled once more... I knew Cap would just love that name.

"She said if she turns out one way, we can call her Caddie. If she turns out another, we can call her Cade."

More silence and then a husky laugh and another whispered, "fuck."

I watched the two of them, staring down at the tiny wonder...a change I was certain would impact us all in ways I could not even imagine.

"Get out of here. Go get some sleep."

"Yeah," Buck agreed. I watched as he grabbed his jacket and then left the room.

Moments of silence passed before Cap came to sit on the bed with the tiny, squiggling bundle.

"I know you're awake."

I smirked, "with the two of you here, was there any other option?"

I sat up and watched the love of my life holding the new love of my life.

"She's beautiful," Cap sighed.

I reached out to gently touch the smallest, softest, honey brown cheek in the world.

"Yeah. She is."

We were silent for a few minutes, just staring at the little sleeping bundle, until I cleared my throat.

"I never thanked you," I rushed to say.

Cap's dark gaze met mine, "for what?"

"Getting me out of... that place. For bringing me home."

Cap looked down at the squiggling bundle in her arms again... then she sighed.

"Thank you for getting out of that place, with those fuckers, when you were only there because of me?" She bit out.

I shrugged... "yeah."

She sighed again and we sat in silence for another few minutes.

"We're gonna be okay, babe." She promised me.

I looked into those dark eyes of her and smiled, "yeah...we are."

THE END