From What I've Tasted of Desire Pt. 05

Story Info
Anna’s very intrigued by her lover’s wife.
4.3k words
4.33
3.8k
2

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/30/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ceset
ceset
61 Followers

Chapter 15: Say it Like You Mean it

—————

The delicate click of porcelain is the only sound to break the silence as Anna takes her tea in the informal dining room with Mrs. Flynn. The tick of the clock soon joins it. Anna wonders if Mrs. Flynn is even aware, or if it's only her as she tries to summon up the courage to begin asking questions.

"I'm so relieved you're feeling better," the housekeeper sighs. "I was quite worried about you. Not just of you catching ill, but... I know your feelings were hurt, dear."

Well, with that Anna supposes there's no harm in pushing forward. Except for maybe her pride.

"How is he? Mr. Hall," she questions after clearing her throat of any lingering emotions. She'd like to say she's only asking to be polite, or just to know when he'll be well enough to leave, but the truth is, she cares for him still. Not that she ever wishes to see him again. Mr. Marriott had been right, Robert is an unhealthy man, and she won't drown herself trying to save him.

Be that as it may, she's still determined to find out what is happening between these three players of Robert, Marriott, and Hester in this mysterious drama that's unfolding. There's a story here, one that not only may affect the children, but her employment as well, and she aims to find out what it is.

Mrs. Flynn gives a hearty laugh. "Oh, he took a right wallop, he did, falling over out in that storm." She places a hand demurely over her mouth, trying to control her amusement. "I shouldn't laugh, I know, but I think it's his pride that's hurt more than his head."

Anna's relieved he's not as ill as she'd feared, and hopefully now it means he will leave sooner rather than later.

"And I dare say, Hest- I mean, Mrs. Hall was more angry than worried." She begins chuckling once more. "Even smacking the man on his newly bruised head after asking if it hurt, replying with a saucy 'Good' when he groaned." She tries to once again control her fit of giggles.

"Ah me, I've missed her."

Anna swallows thickly, not ready to unpack her own feelings about the strange Mrs. Hall. But she did still wish for answers, and Mrs. Flynn seems to be in a joyful, talkative mood.

"Yes, you seem fond of her," Anna says with a sip of her tea.

The housekeeper tries to rein in her enthusiasm. "Yes well, she's good company, isn't she. Always finds a way to get me to laughing, that silly girl."

"You've known her long?"

"Oh, since she was about fourteen, fifteen." Mrs. Flynn gives a happy smile, and Anna can see the deep affection there. "And let me tell you, she was a fire cracker as a girl as well, perhaps even more so. Always singing and humming cheerily, bringing light wherever she'd go as well as scorn."

She leans in close then, whispering, "She once sang in a tavern... full of men." Sitting back, seat creaking beneath her, the older woman reaches for her tea. "Mr. Marriott was quite unhappy when he found out about that, believe me."

Anna tilts her head, trying to file away all this knew information. "Mr. Marriott, what is she to him?"

Mrs. Flynn raises her brows, astonished perhaps that Anna did not know. "Why, she's his sister-in-law."

Anna assumed as much after what Hester told John in the school room. "I see."

"And of course, he was once her guardian."

Anna frowns, teacup frozen in its journey to her lips. "Guardian?"

"Well, the poor mite was still young when her parents died, and they've not much family to speak of, so she became the ward of her sister's husband."

"That's how you came to know her then?"

Mrs. Flynn nods cheerfully as she takes a sip.

The clock ticks for another few moments, filling the comfortable silence between them. "It's strange then, that the children don't know her."

The housekeeper's face falls, eyes becoming shifty as she fingers her teacup. "They had a bit of a falling out."

"Was it to do with Mr. Hall," she asks, trying to appear nonchalant.

"Oh no, no," Mrs. Flynn says, waving the suggestion away. "Mr. and Mrs. Hall have some things in common, is all."

Anna waits for her to elaborate. When she doesn't, she decides to try and push a little further. "Their hate for Mr. Marriott."

The housekeeper looks up sharply, and Anna knows she won't be getting much more from her. "Indeed," is all she supplies.

"Have they been married long?" While she's curious to unravel this mystery, she also wants to learn more about Robert and Hester's odd union.

"Well, let's see, Hester was a young thing when they married, eighteen perhaps. So I'd wager it's been nearly seven years."

It's then that Hester herself waltzes in, looking around as if searching for someone.

Mrs. Flynn lights up immediately. "Oh, speak of the devil."

The tapping of Hester's shoes are loud in the small room as she comes closer, her ever present crooked grin on her face. "Talking about me, are you? Ladies, you know that's quite rude."

Her expression doesn't show any offense though. In fact, she seems to become even more pleased at being the topic of others' discussion. She is truly an odd woman, and Anna can't help but be enamored by her.

"As much as I'd thoroughly enjoy hearing the latest gossip about myself, I'm afraid I have another engagement." She eyes Anna a bit mischievously, making her squirm.

"I'm afraid I must ask something of you again, Miss Smith."

Anna blinks with surprise, a worrisome excitement surging through her. She manages not to let it show as she carefully sets her cup on the table, porcelain clacking softly.

"Of course, how can I help?"

Hester's smile grows, and Anna can't help but return it as infectious as it is. "The ladies that are visiting Heathside Manor, have thought it well to invite me to join them in the parlor room this evening."

Anna stares at her blankly, not understanding. "Oh."

With a rush Hester hunkers beside Anna's chair, grasping her arm with an imploring squeeze. "Please Anna, don't make me visit with those miserable women alone."

All words leave her as she gapes at Hester, lips parted and unable to form a response. She turns to Mrs. Flynn, but the old woman is lost in her teacup, avoiding eye contact.

"You wish me to join you?"

Hester peers up at her, expression one of pleading kindness. "I do. Very much so. You're the only woman here whose company I can stand for more than a few minutes-" She turns to Mrs. Flynn swiftly. "Housekeepers not withstanding, of course."

She's not sure what to say. Would she even want to be stuck in a room full of snobbish ladies? Last time she was ordered to do so it didn't go as she'd hoped. Then again, this time around there would be no Robert.

She meets Hester's eyes, and realizes that if it means learning more about this peculiar woman, then yes, she'd like that very much.

She nods, smiling politely.

While having been around her for a few days now, Anna is becoming used to Hester's strange, dramatic ways, so she's expecting as much when she agrees to go. But she's left completely speechless when, with her excited cry, she lurches forward, pressing a hard kiss to Anna's cheek.

"Thank you so much, love. You've know idea how much I appreciate it." With that she's gone just as quickly as she appeared.

Anna turns to Mrs. Flynn, numb with shock. "She's very excitable."

The housekeeper only grins as she strokes her cheek, signaling Anna to do the same. Rubbing her fingers in the mirroring spot on her own face, they come away red with Hester's lipstick.

—————

Hester finds her reading in the school room, pulling her from her seat after a quick hello. She escorts her down the hall towards the parlor, arm wrapped comfortably around Anna's.

"Are you certain they'll be alright with my intruding?" She tries to keep focused and away from the electrifying feel of Hester's fingers as they playful tangle with Anna's.

Hester huffs out a laugh. "These are ladies, and they're bored. Believe me, your inclusion into their lives will be the highlight of their day."

The other woman's fingers begin twirling Anna's ring before peering down at it. "This is beautiful."

An old ache burns within her, a scar never quite fully healed. "It was my mother's."

"She died," Anna explains, "my father, too. Both when I was very young. This is the only thing of either of them I have."

Holding her back so they linger alone in the quiet hall, Hester looks on her with empathy. "Then you and I are both orphans, it seems."

Shifting nervously, Anna nods. "I'd heard that you were orphaned, and became the ward of Mr. Marriott."

"Ha. That was a fun time."

She frowns, not sure she believes her after knowing the obvious dislike she has for the man.

Hester must notice her confusion. "I fancied myself an actress. Was determined to light up Covent Garden with my Shakespearean renditions and my flair for the dramatic."

She sighs, head shaking in a jesting way. "But Marriott wouldn't have it."

"No, I assume not." As dramatic and strange as Hester may be, actresses weren't thought of very highly. And in fact, quite a few were obviously courtesans. It was not something a lady would ever pursue.

"So I ran away," Hester says matter of factly.

"Ran away?"

Hester begins resuming their walk, dragging a dumbfounded Anna beside her.

"Mmhmm. Quite a few times."

—————

The ladies in the parlor were indeed surprised by her presence. But Anna got the impression they were more surprised by Hester's, expecting her to refuse their offer of joining them. By the look on Hester's face, she was quite content to be in a room of women who did not truly want her company.

"It's a good thing you're here," says a, rather young, lady in front of her. She has an adorable youthful glee and eagerness about the evening ahead. Anna has the urge to appease the young girl in any way, just to try and calm her. But there's no need as her mother, Anna assumes, snaps harshly at the girl to sit.

Introductions are made, all the ladies greeting her politely, if coldly.

"We were just deciding how we should spend the evening," one of the women explains. "We were thinking Forfeits."

Anna peers around the room anxiously, smiling politely. "What's forfeits?"

The young girl, whose name Anna has learned is Abigail, spasms excitedly in her seat on the velvet cushions. "Oh, it's quite enjoyable, Miss Smith. And it's always fun with more people. Which is why it's so good you've joined us this evening."

"How does one play it?"

"It's simple, really," she begins to explain. "We play a handful of games, and the loser of each must forfeit something of theirs. Then at the end, someone must blindly choose one of the forfeited items, along with some ridiculous form of punishment for the person whose item was chosen."

Abigail's brown eyes are wide, her smile even wider.

"That sounds...-" terrifying- "fun," Anna acquiesces.

Turns out there was no real reason to worry. The games were rather easy, some even enjoyable, catching herself laughing genuinely on more than one occasion. She loses only once, therefore only having to forfeit one item - which is good considering she only has one - her mother's ring.

"Alright," begins one of the more pompous women Anna can't be bothered to remember the name of, "is there anyone willing to 'cry the forfeits'?"

Abigail's hand immediately shoots up, flapping eagerly in the air before her mother hisses at her under her breath. She quickly drops her hand, head down and shoulders sagging. Anna wishes she could comfort her, and perhaps for the first time in her life, she thinks how lucky she is that she wasn't raised to be some sort of prim lady.

"I'll do it," Hester volunteers beside her.

She's sat in a single chair, silk handkerchief tied around her eyes. Abigail carefully hands her the bowl of forfeited items, and Anna watches with amusement as Hester blindly reaches in.

She knows she safe, having only lost one item, unlike most of the others who've lost quite a few. So it's rather suspect when it's her mother's ring Hester holds up for the all to see. The room's attention turns to her, all smiles and muffled laughter. Her heart squeezes painfully in her chest as she tries to calm herself.

It's only a game.

"Here is a thing, and a very pretty thing," Hester recites, still blindfolded, "what shall be done by the owner of this thing?" She pauses, leaving everyone on the edge of their seat - especially Abigail.

"I declare that the owner of this thing, must kneel before me and say a half-a-dozen, truthful, flattering things to me."

Everyone releases a breath, most of them grumbling with disappointment. "Hester, you just want to hear someone compliment you."

Sliding the handkerchief over her head, she looks down at the ring in her hand before glancing up at Anna. From the impish gleam in her eye, Anna understands that her ring was not at all chosen by accident.

Heart pounding, she tries to ignore the eyes on her as she ambles unhurriedly up to Hester. But the snickering and whispering is making it rather difficult. Slowly she kneels, head down with embarrassment.

She takes a steadying breath before looking up, trying to will away the blush she knows Hester will notice. But when she sees Hester's face, solemn and restrained - so unlike her - everyone else disappears.

Her blue eyes search Anna's for something she can't quite name, but the earnest desire Anna finds there has her lips parting and center becoming wet with need.

Licking her dry lips, she begins, voice shaking with fear and excitement. "Your are... kind, and... accepting, unapologetic, and spirited. Your craving for life leaves me speechless and wanting for myself, and your elegance and dignity give you a beauty no other could ever compare with.

The silence is deafening, Hester's breath coming fast as she watches Anna with amazement. And suddenly Anna is reminded of another time when she knelt in front of someone else, asking her to give and receive, and she has a sudden urge for Robert to be here with them.

"I think that was more than six," Abigail whispers, breaking the hush that's settled over the room.

Anna and Hester swiftly turn their attention back to the rest of the ladies, all of them glaring with either disgust or confusion.

Abigail's mother stands, back straight as an arrow as she looks down at Anna and Hester, both literally and figuratively. "I think it's time we retire ladies," she says, obviously speaking only to the rest of the room.

They're surrounded by the sounds of creaking chairs and rustling gowns until they're left alone in the quiet parlor.

"I'm sorry," Anna breathes, unable to work up the courage to even look at the other woman. But then the sight of her mother's ring as Hester holds it out to her, has anger seeping through. Anger at these rude, judgmental women.

"You've nothing to be sorry for."

She reaches to take the ring, and Hester's fingers wrap around her lightly, forcing Anna to look up. The urge to rise and kiss her is fierce, but she manages to hold it back.

Instead she says, "You knew, didn't you? Blindfolded or not, you chose my ring. Why?"

Hester offers an almost sad kind of smile, and Anna wants to kiss it away - to bring back her joyful, teasing one she's gotten so used to.

"Perhaps I just wanted to know what you think of me."

Anna swallows hard. "It was all true. What I said."

"I know," Hester says with a nod, her smile slowly transforming into a happier one.

"I think," she starts nervously, hands clutching the fabric of her dress in her lap, "I think I'm utterly besotted with you."

And her heart soars at the sight of Hester's smile, stretched wide with teeth and crinkles at the corner of her eyes. "And I you," she chuckles.

And Anna can no longer contain it, rising up on her knees and leaning over Hester's to press her lips against hers. It starts out chaste and simple until she feels Hester's tongue, asking for entrance that Anna immediately gives, mouth opening, allowing Hester to sweep inside.

She's awestruck and shaken, never having been kissed in such a way that makes her world shift and legs tremble. Hester breaks the kiss, the wet smack of their lips as they part making Anna ache to feel Hester's touch.

"Not here," she breathes, hot and heavy into Anna's face. "Take me to your room," she pleads, sounding so lovely and needy, Anna is more than willing to comply.

—————

Chapter 16: Lips Burrow Deep

—————

The door closes behind them with a sonorous clack, heightening the rush of anticipation. Caught up in their intoxicating kisses that leave Anna feeling drunk, they stumble against one another, laughing into each other's mouths as they unhook, unbutton, and untie the layers of stifling clothing that keeps them apart.

They fall into bed, she in her chemise and Hester in her shirt, their giggles quickly turning into soft, pleasured moans and hums between them.

"Oh, darling," Hester sighs between lustful kisses, "your lips are far sweeter than I dreamed."

Anna's jaw drops when Hester's mouth leaves a wet trail over her cheek and down their throat, nipping and licking as she went. "You dreamed of me?"

Peering up, Hester hovers over her, strands of long, red curls hanging loose like a curtain around them. "I have dreamt of you always, even before I knew you." With that, she smiles, so tender and affectionate, before lowering for a simple peck that makes Anna's heart melt.

Things take an unhurried, leisurely turn after that. Hester grins as her nimble fingers undo the tie at the base of Anna's throat, warm hand slipping beneath the fabric to palm at her breast. It's a torturous yet tender touch that has her nerve endings firing.

"Is this very wicked," Anna asks a bit hesitant, all while her hand covers Hester's, pleading without words, for more.

Hester raises a perfectly shaped brow, feigning a coy shamefulness. "So very wicked, Miss Smith. I should think even more than murder."

It makes Anna laugh, Hester's levity giving her courage. Gently, she rolls them so she lies half over her, greatly enjoying the feel of her solid body under her own.

"I want to taste you," Anna announces in a whispered, trembling voice. "I want to make you feel good." Hester's eyes become fire, burning Anna with her gaze. "Will you show me how?"

"I'd like nothing better."

She sits up, pulling the long shirt from her body, mussing her frazzled hair even more. She's stunning, reminding Anna of the tale about the fierce warrior woman, Boudicca. Now she shall never be able to read that story without picturing Hester's wild curls and girlish smile.

Her eyes trail across Hester's body as she makes herself more comfortable. The milky, smooth expanse of her back, the nobs of her spine sliding under her skin as she moves. The curved width of her hips giving way to luscious thighs Anna wishes to nip, leaving marks to show where she's been.

Hester holds out a hand, beckoning Anna closer with a beautiful smile, and she crawls to her, dipping to kiss her rosy mouth, tenderly sucking the bottom lip between her own. Hester's face is warm against Anna's, hot like a furnace and only becoming hotter.

Hester captures Anna's hand, sliding it across her jaw and down the column of her throat, Anna's fingertips tingling with every inch of naked skin she touches, till finally it rests in the valley between Hester's breasts. With wonder, she palms the pliant flesh, massaging and kneading it gently. A spark flashes between her legs every time her thumb swipes across the pebbled nipple, aching to feel it between her lips.

She lowers her head, eyes on Hester's as she swirls her tongue around it, loving the feel of it stiffening the more she plays with it.

Her head feels lighter as Hester releases her hair from its chignon, running her slight fingers through the silken, chocolate strands, scratching her nails across Anna's scalp while she continues exploring Hester's body.

ceset
ceset
61 Followers
12