Full Count...

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Daring not to move, I stood in silence but one her senses gave away my presence and Beth jumped out her skin. Covering her breasts with her arms she let out a scream. When she saw that it was me, her scream changed to shock.

"Jesus Christ Joe, you scared the hell out of me."

I laughed to try and lighten the situation. "Beth, I'm so sorry. I thought that you guys heard me pull up."

"Ah, no. If I had, I wouldn't have been walking down the hall like this."

The damage was already done, so what more harm could I do. "That's unfortunate. Very, very nice by the way." And I headed down to see Matthew.

"Hey Bud."

"Joe, you're back. Great road trip. You guys rocked. I didn't miss a game. What's that?" He was pointing to a bag that I had with me.

"Bobbleheads. All 3 parks had bobblehead days. I ended up with 7 different ones. They're yours, if you're interested."

Toweling off, Matthew grabbed the bag, "Thanks, Joe", and moved toward a table so that he could investigate its contents. "Oh, man." I guess that it met his approval.

"You're too good to him." Beth was standing behind me now fully dressed in her bikini. She was still blushing, and the redness deepened even more when my eyes looked her up and down.

"I brought you some too. Gonna get you started collecting baseball junk."

"Oh, lucky me."

Other than doing it for myself, I couldn't remember anyone else cooking a meal in my home. Beth had made a rice dish and put together some kabobs that we BBQ'd. It was excellent.

"So, how was everyone's day off?" Matthew was still too interested in his new bobbleheads to pay any attention.

"We both had online classes. But I have to tell you, it's hard to concentrate when the pool is shining away in the background. It's quite the distraction."

"Tell me about it, I get lost in it all the time. I'll float and listen to music. I lose the whole day. So, how did the week go?"

"Oh my god. It's going to be hell getting Matthew out of here. It was so nice having the A/C to sleep. And the pool was great. We got so much done. I still haven't found a car. I looked at a couple, but they were just too expens...they weren't right for us. Luckily the bus stop is at the end of our street."

"Well, there's no rush. Use the Caddy until you find something that you like. Excuse me for a minute." I knew before I made the call that the end result of my upcoming actions would piss her off, but I was willing to risk it. The phone only rang twice before it was answered.

"How's my main guy?"

Felix has been my agent right from the start. He had warned me early about the path I was taking and when I slipped and fell, he stayed by my side, until he helped me stand back up.

"Hey Felix. I'm good, but I need a favor." I heard Felix rustling papers in the background. "Remember that guy that I bought my Benz from?"

"Yeah, Yeah. The guy in the Hills right."

"That's him. Well he wanted me to do a couple of spots for him. I want you to hook that up. Tell him that I'll do a couple of his spots, for a car. Tell him I want a C300. Fully loaded. Tell him that he's getting off wicked cheap, and if he does it, he'll be doing me a solid, and so will you. I'll owe you both. If he says it's a go, I'll send you a name and license for the registration today. I need this to be expediated, like yesterday. And Felix, don't worry, I'll make it right with you up later. This is very important to me." I had never told him that before. A simple "On it", was followed by a click.

I brought a bottle of chilled white and two glasses back to the table. "Sorry, where were we? Oh, yeah, now I remember. Why were you running around naked today?"

Beth's head shot toward her brother, but he wasn't close enough to hear what I'd said. "I wasn't running around naked. I had finished the prep work for dinner and was in a hurry to get into the pool. Sorry."

"No need to be sorry. You didn't hear me complaining, did you? Not even a bit." The blush was back, and I laughed at the situation.

"Well by California standards, they're nothing to look at. Way to small." I laughed loud enough to catch Matthew's attention for a short time, so I lowered my voice.

"I don't know where you ever heard that, but it's a crock. And at the risk of sounding like a jerk, if anyone ever told that, they're an idiot. You're absolutely perfect."

"Liar. But, thank-you."

"I may stretch the truth on a few things, but that wouldn't be one of them. More wine?"

"Please."

A text from Felix came through in between sips of wine. "Does tomorrow morning work? He has a gray one ready to roll. He said that he can have a crew ready to shoot the first thing in the morning, say 7:00am?"

"That works, and thanks Felix." I scrolled through my pictures and sent Felix a shot of her license and told him to have registered to her, but have it insured by my company.

"Any more thoughts about what I said before I left?" Beth looked down at her glass and spun the stem in her delicate fingers. She knew what I was asking her.

"No." A long silence followed. "I can't put that on you. We'll be okay."

"I can assure you that no one's putting anything "on" me. Tell you what. We'll move what's yours into the garage. You save the money from your rent and when the time is right, you can look for another place."

"Please Beth. Please can we?" We both jumped. Matthew snuck up on us like a cat sneaking up on a mouse.

"We'll see Matthew."

"We'll see what? We both love it here. Not everyone is like Uncle Bob and Aunt Judy. You have to trust again. It's comfortable here."

"Matthew, this is Joe's home, not ours. So, we aren't as comfortable as you might think."

"You were comfortable enough to walk around the house naked. Naked Beth. That's comfortable." I couldn't look at either of the siblings. I put my face in my hands to cover any of the emotions that might show through.

"Oh my god you little shit. Do you hear everything? I wasn't naked. I was taking my top off so that I could put my swimsuit on. I didn't know that Joe was home."

"Sure. Naked. I heard Joe say it. Naked."

Beth looked at me with surprise and a certain element of desperation in her eyes.

"Joe. Please tell him." Matthew looked at me and smiled. The little shit. He was being mischievous, but it had slipped past his sister.

"She was naked. And that sounds pretty comfortable to me buddy."

"Oh my god. I was not. I was..." Matthew started laughing so hard that he was snorting. "Oh, you pair of shits. That's why I don't want to stay here. I have enough with one of you. I certainly don't need the two of you teaming up to pick on me."

Both of us stared at her waiting for an answer. It was a pressure tactic, but we didn't care.

"Alright, but we'll have to sneak our stuff out. The landlord used the last month rent to cover any arrears payments. So, he won't be too happy. We can try it until October."

I messed Matthew's hair. "It's all going to work out guys, you'll see. I just don't want you having too many parties while Beth's at work and I'm away." Another snort from my buddy.

"Before I hit the hay, can I ask you both a question?" Their answer of "sure" was timed in perfect unison. "If you could do someone a favor or something to help out a friend and it only took a couple of hours of your time, would you do it?" They both nodded that they would. "Good."

When I got up from the table, so did they. Matthew hugged me first. It was the hardest that I had ever been hugged in my life. Beth's was a little more tender and the feel of her cheek against mine was incredible. I kissed her forehead before I let her out of my arms.

"I loved dinner tonight. It was the best in a long time. Also, I'll close my door in case you plan on walking around naked anymore tonight." Matthew screamed out a laugh and Beth just screamed.

"You two are horrible. I was not naked."

The shoot was done in 4 or 5 takes. It took less than 45 minutes to complete and we had finished 3 different commercials. The best thing was that the 300 was plated and ready to go when I was. Two sales reps followed me home. One driving Beth's new car and one driving his own. When I pull my Benz into the garage, I had to say that the smaller sized 300 looked good parked in the driveway.

Both Beth and Matthew were up and having breakfast. My showing up by the backyard entrance surprised them both.

"See, I told you that I knocked. I told you so." Apparently, they had tried to get me to come down for something to eat.

My plate of pancakes with kiwis and strawberries was a hit. It wasn't something that I had every day, but today was special.

"Where'd you go this morning Joe?"

"Matthew. Don't be noisy." Beth scolded.

"As a matter of fact. I was doing a favor for some friends. I did a commercial and got something in return for a few minutes of work. Wanna, see it?"

They both said yes and followed me without any idea as to where we were heading. Rounding the corner, the gun metal gray Benz stood out in the driveway. It was a shiny new toy. The paint was gleaming with a fresh wash and the tires glistened with a fresh coat of Armor all.

"Wow Joe, that's a beauty. It's not as nice as your black one, but it's a beauty. Aren't you a little too tall for it?"

"Matthew." Beth tried to quiet her brother, because she thought that he was embarrassing me. "It's a very nice car."

"Well buddy, you're correct. It is a little small for my liking but it's big enough. I was super comfortable when I sat in it, but it will probably be the last time I do."

"What, you just gonna leave it in the garage, and not drive it?" Matthew was quizzing me.

"No. It's not my car." I handed Beth the leather pouch containing the key fob, owner's manual, ownership, registration and other important papers. "It's for you guys."

Matthew's, "Yes", was followed by Beth's, "No".

"No. Not a chance Joe, it's way, way too much. We talked about this. There is no way in the world that I could even imagine or think about taking it. It's far beyond..."

"Beth don't over think it. We talked about this last night and we agreed that all of us would do the same. From the time I left, until the time I returned was 90 minutes. You feel like you owe me, continue cooking. I love it."

"Joe, I don't..."

"Geez Beth. Take me for a ride in Betsy 2.0." Matthew didn't hesitate. His hand was on the handle waiting for his sister to unlock the shiny new door.

Sheepishly Beth found the key fob and pushed the button. Matthew was in in a flash. Beth followed, got in and made adjustments to the seat and mirrors and pushed the button to bring the gray beast to life. They both smiled at the sound.

I watched the taillights as they disappeared down the hill and out of sight. I cleaned up the breakfast mess and went about my daily routine, not noticing until sometime after noon that they had been gone for well over 3 hours. Matthew answered my text in a few seconds.

"Hey, you guys all right?"

"Yeah. Santa Monica. At the pier. Having IC".

"Perfect! Just wanted to make sure nothing happened."

"Beth's crying, but don't tell her I told you."

"Why? Is she okay?"

"Happy crying."

I was gone by the time they returned. Even though it was my day off, we a voluntary practice. I made it home in time for a late dinner, to find the siblings sitting in the jetted end of the pool. Matthew's excitement was very evident.

"Oh man Joe. That thing is so cool. It has Apple Carplay, I synced my phone to it. And it has A/C. The leather seat even has A/C, my butt was cold and it's fast, not slow like Betsy. Not like Betsy at all. We went all the way to the pier, and it didn't stall once, not even once."

"I'm glad you like it buddy." I looked over at Beth and she just stared at me. "Hey buddy, guess what? Tomorrow is bobblehead day. Clayton and Cody. I brought you a couple home. They even signed the boxes for you."

"You're the best. I have a good collection started. I'm going..." I interrupted him mid-sentence and threw a towel at him.

"Sorry Matthew. I meant that they were for your sister." He was up and out of the pool, chasing me until I dove in the deep end. We had become a family of sorts.

For the next couple of weeks, the temperatures still hovered around the boiling point. It was hot and sticky, but we used the pool and stayed inside when it was too bad out. Unfortunately, Beth didn't have another clothing malfunction during all that time. I saw her in her bathing suit lots, but nothing less.

She started working overtime that rotated around my schedule. It helped her out that her brother was able to tag along to the park so that she had a few extra hours available. Matthew joined a group that were adults his own age, coping with the same issues. And much to my surprise, he liked it so much that he declined an offer for a Saturday afternoon game. Apparently, Beth was dropping him off somewhere on the coast, for a day long pool birthday party and a beach bonfire.

"Do you have to pick Matthew up tomorrow night?"

"No, they said that a driver will bring him home. But it won't be until late around midnight depending on how many others need a ride."

"Well look at you. The whole day to yourself. Plans?"

"Homework. Study. Pool. In that exact order."

"Sounds like a good plan. You feel like grabbing something to eat when I get home? It'll be around 5 or 6." Beth looked at me as if she had a question, but she didn't ask it.

"That sounds great. Are you bringing something home?"

"No, I thought that we could go out to a restaurant. You pick. Steaks, Seafood, Mexican, whatever you want." The question still lingered on the tip of her tongue, until she couldn't take it any longer.

"Is this like a date?"

"That depends on you. I think that you could do way better than me, but I'd love for it to be a date." Looking down at her feet, she crossed her legs, putting the top of her right foot behind the ankle of her left. Standing on one foot she looked back up to my eyes.

"I'd like that too."

Reservations were made for 8:00pm. I pulled up to the curb in front of Cantina Frida and the valets eyed Beth. She was wearing a form fitting jeans and black t-shirt with a white sweater. They stared at her beauty in approval and parked the car for us. The place was full, but our seats were ready and waiting. Beth gazed around the room looking at some of the people that she recognized. It was a popular spot with the famous. Our server suggested drinks, and we went with the house favorites, Cadillac Margaritas and Paloma's. Beth ordered one of each for us to share.

I had eaten here a few times, and the service and food were always over the top good. I suggested ceviche for a starter and told Beth I was getting the steak, she liked that idea, but opted for some fish.

"Those people that said hello to you when we walked in, do you know them all?"

"Not really. Some. I've met a few. Some come to the games. Some are friends of the other players, and some I know from a past life. But honestly lots of people say hi to me that I've never met before I my life."

"Lots of them are famous. Don't you find that weird?"

"Very, but it never hurts to say hello. Sometimes it can be tiring, but it's always free to be nice." Beth looked at me, nodding that she knew exactly what I was saying. "When it gets to be rough, or I'm going through a bad time, I stay home."

Sandy, the younger server that took our order, set down the drinks and told us to enjoy. Then continued. "Mr. Plato, I know that I'm not supposed to ask, but I can't help myself. My little brother is such a big fan, do you think that I could maybe get an autograph or take a selfie with you later?"

"Absolutely. Do you know any of the valets?"

"Yes."

I showed her my ticket stub and told her to have one of the valets bring a ball from behind the seat of my car, and I would sign it for her brother. Covert, so that she wouldn't get herself into any trouble.

"Oh my god. He's going to flip." Beth was staring at me.

"What?"

"So, this whole nice guy thing isn't an act. You really are one?"

"I guess it depends you talk to about it, but I try. Spent too much time in the beginning acting just like everyone that I now hate. It's a lot easier to be like this."

"Wow. This is freaking great. Try it." Beth held the straw of her drink up so that I could have a sip. I did, and she wasn't wrong. Lifting the other drink, she repeated the process. "Oh, that's good. I don't know which one I like more. I'm not sure which one to pick."

"Don't. Have one now and order the other one later."

"You don't mind?"

"Not at all. But I'm only having one. If I have any more and then have a bad game, the newspapers all write that it's because I was hammered drunk the night before. Out drinking tons of margaritas with a beautiful blond.

"That would be a lie."

"Only the part about the margaritas." Beth blushed, but smiled.

"Can I ask you a personal question Beth?" She had the straw of the Paloma in her mouth, so she just nodded yes.

"The day I took you to the clinic, Matthew was very upset. What happened?" Her eyes looked glossy instantly. She may not have wanted to tell me, but she did.

"He's so, so, smart. In ways that I can't even comprehend. He has been going for tests and he is the perfect candidate for a learning course for adults his age, with his disab...with the same challenges as him. He was accepted into the program, but the state only covers so much of the costs and we can't afford it until I finish school and start working full-time. That's the only way a bank will give us a loan."

"Maybe..."

"No. Don't even suggest it. You have no idea how much you've helped us so far. It's crazy. Matthew and I can't understand our good fortune. We have stopped questioning why, but we appreciate it. We don't understand it, but with all of our hearts, we do appreciate it."

"Then let me help you."

"I can't. And even if I said yes, Matthew would kill me for even letting you know what happened that day. He would be so embarrassed."

Sandy brought the ceviche and handed me a rolled-up napkin. From the smile on her face, I knew that it was the ball.

"What's your brother's name?"

"Tyler. He's going to be so excited. My boss is on her break, if you don't mind, can we do the selfie now?" The phone clicked a couple of times and Sandy rushed away.

"I would never try to embarrass him, ever. Just tell me how much it costs. I'll help you out with it and you can tell him that you got an advance from your job.

"You forget who you're dealing with? He knows exactly how much I make and what we have in the bank, at all times."

"He is really good with numbers." His stat quotes proved that to me over and over again.

We ate in silence until someone removed the used dishes and Sandy brought the main course. My steak was a medium-rare masterpiece. Beth looked pleased with her fish.

"Can I get you another round?" Sandy was good at her job.

"Please, and a tall glass of water with lemon." Sandy acknowledged my request and headed off to fill our glasses.

"I thought that you said you were only having one?"

"I am. You couldn't decide which one you liked more, so I ordered you both."

Her smile brightened my day. I watched as she chewed her food, she was delicate and sophisticated. Way more so than I was. Her eyes were bright and alert, she was absorbing every moment. When she watched me watching her, she surprised me again.

"Why no girlfriends Joe?" I didn't hesitate for a second.

"I've had girlfriends." She smiled at my rapid response.

"I mean currently."

"I guess that I could ask you the same thing."

"Because if I had to choose, I'd choose boys." Her finger curled and covered her nose as if trying to suppress a laugh.