All Comments on 'Funny Old World'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne11 months ago

5 stars, but it was a BTC (burn the cuck), but he's in a better place. But when Sonya died, who met her and where did they take her?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

You're right, it's a funny old-world!

5

Jetcrash747Jetcrash74711 months ago

Opps, a fifty-five year old Sonya decided she needed to get some fresh dick, only she liked it so much she kept going back for fifteen years, so her husband had been a cuckold for 5475 days, or there abouts. What a way to live and die, heart broken.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey11 months ago

A deftly rendered quick sketch of a woman with absolutely no self awareness. Nicely done. Thank you.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger11 months ago

A well-written bleak tale, what a cunt Sonya was, hopefully there is misery in her future.

Thanks

des911des91111 months ago

Nicely done. Thank you

stev2244stev224411 months ago

Well done and certainly original. 5*

CagivagurlCagivagurl11 months ago

An original... Hard to find...

excellent story, well told.

5 stars

Cagivagurl

MwestohioMwestohio11 months ago

Nicely done but an extra digit in the word count. That's not over 19,000 words

someoneothersomeoneother11 months ago

Good story, although the hussy female on the phone seemed a bit contrived - but point was made.

MattblackUKMattblackUK11 months agoAuthor

Drat it, Mwestohio! You found that digit I lost. Must have included it in my word count. by mistake. :)

SplitGeode66SplitGeode6611 months ago

I liked the story, but it appears the wife inherits everything. 4 stars.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

Always enjoy your tales and this one was no exception. 4*

PorterrhPorterrh11 months ago

Struggled to give this 2 stars - this was half a dozen cheating wife cliches randomly constructed into a short story, with a weird afterworld scenario that was illicit what ….. ?

mainer42mainer4211 months ago

good story as is your want

Just_WordsJust_Words11 months ago

5*****! I liked that a lot. It was a departure from the usual ending.

Regguy69Regguy6911 months ago

Liked it. Too bad he didn't grow a pair and leave her cheating ass before it was too late. 39 years is a lifetime, but how could he allow her to abuse him that way?

blackrandl1958blackrandl195811 months ago

Another gem from my mad genius twin. You always amaze me, Mr. Black. Randi.

FireFox59FireFox5911 months ago

Well done. Definitely something a little different.

Boardman68Boardman6811 months ago

Do I have this right? Sonya has been having an affair with her dead sister’s husband? She began screwing her brother-in-law, Charles, as a means of supporting him & helping him to cope through the grieving process? And now 15 years later she is still screwing her brother-in-law, Charles - but now openly (b/c her husband Mike found out about the affair years ago resulting in Mike having a very damaging heart attack)? Apparently, Charles just can’t seem to get over the grief of losing his wife (Sonya’s sister) even after 15 years??? Even though Sonya arrogantly & heartlessly leaves her husband Mike every weekend to spend three days screwing Charles at his place.

I know this is fiction - it’s just hard to fathom that during those 15 years, Mike has never built enough courage? pride? anger? self-respect? to dump Sonya’s ass. Instead, he pleads with Sonya each weekend not to go & spend the weekend screwing her lover (brother-in-law). Apparently, Mike chooses to exist in a living hell for the last 15 years while Sonya blatantly plays the slut. I don’t get it.

While Mike might envision (fear) how difficult & tragic a divorce will be & how lonely he might be after divorcing Sonya. Sadly, from my own personal experience; I can attest that his life will be significant better vs. continuing to live with a wife who has no desrie or intention to stop having an affair or cheat with lovers on the side.

Corny1974Corny197411 months ago

Wow, I know that poor old Mike got roasted, but she truly was in a hell of her own making. Excellent as always. 5 stars. Thank you.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu11 months ago

It was well-written.

Good plot flow.

But the ending was not so good.

Over-all didn't like ti at all.

I think Mike deserved it though.

Man, 15 years of being a cuckold?

Sayonara you stupid SIMP.

skruff101skruff10111 months ago

The only question that comes to mind is the one that no author will attempt to broach, why put up with 15 years of shit?

Most will use the ‘I love her’ nonsense like it’s a fucking Hallmark movie or a Mills & Boon romance.

That is not going to get the reader to even tentatively believe that premise. Try again, this gets a C- on your end of term report.

WargamerWargamer11 months ago

I sorta hoped Sonya would die too, what a C**T !!!!!!!!

4/5

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

unfortunately too obvious and characters were extremely one-dimensional

even with your talent I think it was not really bleak but rather bland

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer11 months ago

Frankly, that pathetic piece-of-shit Mike deserved everything he got. Fifteen years his wife slutted around and made him a cuckold and he did... NOTHING!. Why not? He knew it was going on. Moaned and complained and his wife just carried on on a weekly basis. Still the weak, cowardly, arsehole did nothing. Divorce would have been his only option. So, why did he torment himself for FIFTEEN YEARS?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Yes, a really horrendous "funny" tale with highly dislikable characters, a whore wife and an idiot husband. 1 full star for just another man-hater unrealistic fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Sad tale.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor6311 months ago

Wow, that was depressing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

If there is a heaven, sonya will not be with her husband. Not just because of the pain she's caused, but two other reasons. She probably feels like she doesn't deserve him, and that's true. And her dead husband would feel like he can do better than her, also true.

Cracker270Cracker27011 months ago

Nicely done. Enjoyed it another five

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Excellent story because it was so different from most of what we find on this site. Original, creative and with a touch of emotion that makes you think about the story and and the people in it.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

If you had Beta readers and authors checking your work why are there so many mistakes? And as for original story, nah, it's been done before.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x11 months ago

You MIGHT be able to excuse a short term affair to help Charles in his period of grief, but 15 YEARS?!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

what's the point? Mike suffered for years, dies a miserable death, she gets 15 years of side sex, is alive, really has no remorse, gets the inheritance. So the message is it pays to have extra sex still at 66?

Would be better to find he wrote her out of the will and any cash at all. Even the house if he could.

Schwanze1Schwanze111 months ago

So, she never suffered all that much given she’s a narcissist?

neilnblowme2neilnblowme211 months ago

as always great writing

only problem was hussey doesn t suffer .... oh well

4* beginning of a hard on and a long way away from satisfaction

goodshoes2goodshoes211 months ago

Average rating. He was a 15 year cuck and did nothing. She was a (fill in the rest yourself). Two messed up people.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Liked it, but can’t understand why Mike put up with it for so damn long.

.

A final paragraph like this would have been great:

.

“5 years after Mike’s death, Sonya passed away due to a stoke. Looking down, she saw her crumpled body laying on the kitchen floor. Suddenly she heard, or sensed, someone talking to her. Sounded like Sally? Yes, it was! What was she saying? ‘Over here, Sonya! This is where you’re going!’ Sonya turned, and saw Sally…and Mike!….looking at her. Their arms were around each other. Sonya exclaimed: ‘Sally — you’ve earned eternity in Cheaters Hollow. It’s DOWN there! Don’t worry..Charlie will be joining you soon. Come on Mikey, let’s get back to our cloud….our job is done here!’ As they turned away, Mike, who had said nothing, raised his left hand and lifted his middle finger to her. Suddenly, Sonya felt it getting warmer….”

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not up to ur usual get a better editer

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Sad story well written interesting theme

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So the slut and the asshole skated. She cries a few crocodile tears end of story

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What a shit story.

GardenshedGardenshed11 months ago

Enjoyed the story, a different twist. Liked the Sally the ghost that was good. Hope Sonya burns in Hell…… 4⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I literally hate stories where the wife doles out slaps with no reaction from the husband. The normal reaction would be that hubby would retaliate in kind.....

EZ8ltEZ8lt11 months ago

Something different doesn't mean it's better. This story is a prime example foe it. Different, but still fucking bad.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Four for the quality of the writing, even for the trajectory of the plot. Didn't care for the characters--but they acted how you wrote them to act (wuss and self-absorbed narcissist), so...guess you did that well also.

Keep writing.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

15 years? Don’t think hubby would have lasted that long before something else snapped.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Bravo!!!! Now that's real storytelling! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not sure what you were trying to achieve with this story.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed11 months ago

Well written. Sadly, I was fooled into expecting a longer story, though not was mentioned in preface. I hoped her death would be visited, perhaps in an epilogue, where a figure dressed in a red tuxedo would arrive to escort her to the hereafter while saying “ nice touch with the thermostat, but the setting in your room will be considerably warmer”.

B3ndoverB3ndover11 months ago

He should have dumped her ass 15 years ago. I hope she has nightmares for the rest of her life

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight11 months ago

WTF is a conservatory? Nice short story

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It seems like a regular daily war in this LW category, not present in the others. The femdom man-haters crew pro cheating/cuck tales (the "new normal" lifestyle), against the bad, and mostly "anonymous", crew, pro strictly monogamous life. BTB vs RAAC and all the "smarter dressed" versions in the middle, with a proportion of 20 RAACs against 1 BTB. We can often see the first party deleting all the negative posts coming from the second party, but almost never reaching the 4 stars, most often staying between 2.5 and 3.5 stars. It really seems like an endless literary "civil war". Anyway, this story is awful and horrible: what was the point ?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The wrong person died

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Part 2: "Mike's Ghost Avenges!" C'mon.... Do it! Mad Dogs & Englishman ain't just a band name, old sod!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I'm furiously checking the profiles of all these spewing, vociferous critics! Not a single one has a story to their credit! It's bloody fiction, you Tweddle-Dumbs!

ManoBlueManoBlue11 months ago

No emotion, this wasn’t good

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good idea it just didn’t seem to hit the mark. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Yeah, the British culture: You don't have to resort to violence. That's what Chamberlain thought. But don't mind me, if it works for you then keep on being peaceful and temperate and keeping a stiff upper lip. When the wife wants some real stiffness she knows where to get it, and does.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

HDK, Hint: Look conservatory up on Google. I'm surprised they don't have them in Florida. This one sure cooked the cuckolds goose.

26thNC26thNC11 months ago

What a downer, but it was a great story because it made me feel something. It made me profoundly hate the characters of Sonya and Charles, and I would hope that the shades of Mike and Sally visit them often.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Hard days._ a conservatory is what we yanks would call a “sun room”. Context clues mate.

The comeuppance of finding out Charles was a worthless man-whore in the end was a good turn. Too bad the husband didn’t live to divorce her ass after the slap.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I can't believe that in the fifteen years that Sonya comforted Charles, she never once noticed that there were other comforters in his life and that she was just one of many. Moreover, as far as I understood, Charles did not particularly hide the affair with Sonya from his other passions, and therefore, he would hardly have so carefully hidden the presence of other women from her.

JimQ2JimQ211 months ago

To McKnight

A conservatory is an English Sun room.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Liked it, but she ended up with everything but Charlie. Bitch should have gotten some payback.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Mr Matt Black that was rather good old man, regardless of the pea brains comments. Now get writing on the next few please, just by the by if we consider ourselves to be above the rest of the mammals in this world, BTB would not even enter our minds as would RAAC, we'd just walk away to greener fields for every door that closes two more will open for us.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The question what was the point of the story? You can tell when someone makes remarks of someone who has lost a spouse. Life is short and the day comes when one of you won’t be there. I lost mine awhile back. She is always on my mind.

You leave one day to go play and that person is gone when you come back. The guilt would be overcoming. The slap in this story the way she left him knowing he had a heart condition. The older you get you know that day is coming. If you forget that and that day comes for your other half you will have so many regrets. Not all regrets but you will continue to ask yourself what you could of done better. Spend as much time together with you loved one because one day they will not be there

Great story because it can happened and has happened.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi410411 months ago

Well written, but I think your word count at the beginning is off.

slowhand21slowhand2111 months ago

Shame she didn’t divorce him “years ago.” He’d have been better off.

Q1000Q100011 months ago

Wrong! It's 2021 words.

LastMissionLastMission11 months ago

A well written story. You can only hope that her suffering is just beginning.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Quite a moral story. It is always traumatic when a spouse dies, even if the wife hadn’t been being a good wife. But at 66 she is unlikely to find another, and is condemned to live a rather lonely life without a partner to depend on, share a life with. (Just the stats - more available women than men by then.) Can you imagine that every time someone asks her how her husband died, no matter what fairy-tail she contrives, she will remember that she wasn’t there when he needed her. I think that she will be punished for her selfish acts. PostScriptor

Huedogg2Huedogg211 months ago

You love killing the husband, it’s either a coma, death or deep depression. The wife is a serial/super cheater will be fine but the husband has to die. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

15 years? Umm.... why? He was so pissed off he fought, had a heart attack, and then .... zoned out for 15 years?!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Really excellent, actually. I'd say "it's a breath of fresh air" among these stories, but I guess "fresh air" is the wrong phrase here. Anyway, great.

DazzyDDazzyD11 months ago

Wow! Great story.

Medussa55Medussa5510 months ago

Well, even though I could see what was coming still filled me with sadness. As so often in real life nobody wins here

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nothing much happened but hopefully her life is misery from then on.

WillowghbyWillowghby9 months ago
The Internet

...is a marvelous thing. Readers who don't know what a "conservatory" is can simply put the word in the address box, hit 'return,' and multiple pictures and definitions will magically appear. Writers who don't know the proper usage of your/you're, or their/there/they're, or "to lay" versus "to lie," can do the same and suddenly use proper language to accurately write their story (and not confuse their readers.)

Or, you can just be lazy and show the world how much you really care.

Nice story, MB.

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very good. Again, written without that excess verbiage that is so prevalent among other authors on the site.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Since the sackless m c allowed himself to be disrespected for so many years by his twat of a wife and the other guy, He deserves whatever he got.

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld5 months ago

Hate to say it this way, but she deserved exactly what she got. She needed her little world blown the fuck apart to pull her head out of her upper intestines. It's sad her husband died, but he felt off that morning, and it was possibly his heart acting up.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later

SIMILAR Stories