Gabatrix: The Violet Wave

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hello, people of the UWA. My name is Fleet Admiral Baxton. As you know, the prime minister and myself have issued formal protests against the recent alliance between the UWA and the T'rintar Clan. In our attempts to try to save ourselves, we have instead given over a planet to these so-called dinosaurs. While I do not stand against giving the planet of Earth to the aliens, we have instead invited the Itreans to the Martian doorstep. Alien ships now stand in the Sol System, and we now have T'rintar personnel that comes and goes throughout the colonies. People of the UWA and UHN, the people of Batrice and Gillan, are capable of meeting the production demands of future warships. We do not need their help. We do not need to have the Itreans in this system. Fort Batrice is fully capable of defending itself against an all-out assault. I implore the UHN to reconsider their choices on these recent series of events these last six months. It is in our opinion that the T'rintar clans do not need the extra rare metals to construct warships that could instead be used to attack us. I stand with the prime minister in his belief's on this matter."

The recorded feed ended as it switched back over to the anchorwoman. She looked at the camera as she continued her news report.

"According to Prime Minister Chanvatey, Batrice and Gillan are still going to provide shipments to the T'rintar clan, but he is considering ending it to protest the actions set forth between the Human and T'rintar Partnership Treaty of 2349. Other people of Batrice have also begun to condemn the treaty. Chairwoman Lee and other ambassadors are set to engage with meetings this month to help calm the people of the colony and hope to reach a settlement agreement with the people of Batrice and Gillan on the matters of the treaty."

The image of the flag of Batrice dropped. The anchorwoman changed her tone. We will be back on Martian Central News after a word with our sponsors....."

Javier put the digital display on the table on mute as he looked at his friend. He sighed.

"Well,.....," Cason said. "Looks like more bad news."

"Ehh.....things will get better," Javier said. "Things are better than the last several months. You know all of it already....."

"Yeah..." Cason said with a sigh. "As soon as I transferred here, I remember watching as our defense fleet started taking off. They said it was to defend Mars and Cebravis. We were sitting ducks. I guess you are right. Now we have a defense fleet again, and now the T'rintar have lent some of their old warships for us to use."

"See? It's better now than ever. History will remember these times."

"And you will be the one that will write it. I don't think even Gabatrix himself will disagree with that."

Javier held his coffee cup in the air as Cason held his cup of water in the air. They mockingly made a cheers motion as they drank their cups.

Cason seemed to relax a little bit on his chair as he put down his cup. He looked at Javier for a little while.

"So mi amigo," Javier asked him. "What do you have planned for the day?"

"I have some new crew coming to my division. They already moved into the enlisted barracks here, and I will be taking care of their paperwork."

"Sounds fun...." Javier joked.

"Ehh.....nah. They are green. Both of them seem nervous being assigned to this planet."

"Why?"

"I don't know. Something about this system makes me uncomfortable. It feels so.....alone in the galaxy. Like we have just our star, this planet, and two others worlds. The other planets are so far away that even the UWA has little interest in checking them out. I don't even recall a science vessel even studying them."

"It is true that this habitable world was alone in the solar system."

"I think it is also the fact that even with the extra ships, this planet is still not fully habited. Mars, Cebravis, and Batrice are more important than Aphadus. You should know this too.....I mean, you grew up on this planet."

"Partly," Javier corrected. "My mother was Paloran, but my father was from Aphadus."

Javier looked at his tablet to check the time. It was getting late.

"Ah...," Javier said. "I need to report to work. I was hoping to rehearse what I was going to say at the meeting today with you."

Cason waved him off. "You will be fine. I never heard a bad presentation from you before."

"Yeah, you are right."

Jackson went and ate the rest of his banana as he downed his coffee cup. He stood up and gestured his friend goodbye as he walked away.

*******

Javier stood a little bit nervous in the meeting room. The displays and quantum computers were all set with his presentation as he awaited the senior staff to enter the room. He breathed in and out to keep his nerves calmed down a little bit.

"Come on, Javier...." He said quietly to himself. "Don't let the jitters get to you. You have done countless presentations before. The only difference is that this time it is with the upper chain of command."

The meeting room was for officers only. It was a nicely established room consisting of a red carpet that covered the floor. He stood at a podium that depicted the flag of the UHN behind him. Consisting of a silhouette of a planet in the center, the red-colored banner was rarely seen. It had depictions of a battleship making an overlapping flyby of the planet. The ship almost looked like a ring around the world. Recently, the flag was getting overhauled to depict stars around the silhouette of the planet to include the colonies of the UWA. The flag that Javier looked at was the older version.

The room also consisted of a furnished wooden table in the center. The chairs were decorated with the most beautiful cloth that the UWA could manufacture and could easily rotate to look at the podium. The room was designed so press conferences could be held in it. It could be broadcasted live to the world in case of emergencies. Thankfully even with the Aksren and Shal'rein clan threat, the room was barely used at all. All in all, though, the place was relatively simple in design.

The only thing that Javier noted was the digital clocks in the room near the ceiling. UWA times were necessary. While all of Aphadus operated under the same exact hour in UWA time scales, other planets still had time zones that connected under the UWA Military Zulu time scale. This meant that all ships had 24 hours under their belt. Planets that had longer or shorter days than other colonies had to comply with this time scale to ensure that everything in the UWA operated efficiently and effectively. Even if the planet spun slower or faster than Mars or not at all, there had to be some form of standardization implied to prevent confusion. It was easier said than done, but it could be implemented. What was 1000 in the morning of Aphadus was 1300 on the eastern side of Valles Marineris canyon on Mars. Each of the clocks showed the time in the different time zones of each planet.

Javier looked at his tablet one last time when the clock struck 0959. Like perfect clockwork, the door slid open as the first set of the chain of command began to walk in. Commanders, captains, chief petty officers, and other officers all began to walk into the room. Altogether, there were at least twenty seats available. Each one of the individuals was either talking to each other or didn't pay much attention to the podium. Javier began to feel a little tense as the room was getting filled up rather quickly.

Two captains came in and sat down, but none of them were the CO of the base on Aphadus. He would come in last.

Javier waited patiently while keeping himself composed. Eventually, all but two of the chairs were filled up. This meant that the CO and the XO would file next after everyone was comfortably seated.

One of the officers stood near the door in anticipation of the CO and XO coming in. After a minute of waiting, she called out to all of the people of the room.

"Stand by!" Yelled the officer as everyone stood up from their seats. Everyone, including Javier, stood firmly at attention. Their eyes were hard focused and ready for the admiral to step inside.

"At ease! At ease!" yelled the CO as he walked inside the room. Everyone quickly sat down on their seats as they saw the CO and XO come into the room.

Javier already knew these two essential officials. They were not only the CO and XO of the base, but they were the overall commanding officials of the Aphadus military forces. While the UHN was run from Mars, Aphadus still had a separate chain of command that adhered to the UHN. The officials were prime stock from the population itself.

The CO was Fleet Admiral Grey. Gray might have been near the top of the rank in the UHN, but he was very nonchalant in how he operated the base. Like most fleet admirals, he had little to worry about. Officers could practically get away with murder (figuratively speaking) and be left alone. Javier's mind often didn't care too much about Gray. Even if he was his CO, this man was very relaxed in everything. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing at first. Javier didn't mind the more lax events going on as it prevented less stress in the days, but he knew there was a cost to this form of laziness. He rarely ran drills on the base if not at all compared to other fleet admirals. This made the day to day operation more comfortable, but without the exercises, it meant that much of the new military staff would fall into relaxed tedium. No one would learn or pass things down to the new generation coming in return.

Gray was a typical older man. His family descended from North America, and his name was perfectly symbolic. He had a pale complexion coupled with a gray beard and mustache. His hair was short, and he had a raspy like voice. He had served as the CO on Aphadus for at least nine years.

The XO that stepped in was one that Javier knew less of but actually had more of a different appreciation. Her name was Admiral Anaya, and her family was descended from India. She was at least a few years younger than Gray. She seemed quieter but more concerned with issues and events than Gray, or at least as far as Javier had seen it. She had a more brown completion to her face and had long black hair. There was even a short time that she had a god's eye near between her eyes to help represent the ancient culture of India back on Earth. She went and had a seat next to Gray by the table.

Anaya had always been warning about the inevitable, even if everyone knew it was coming. Gray was the one that always seemed to be in her way when it came to commanding the base, though. If she had it her way, the base would be doing drills as much as possible. Instead, she had to be the one that had to sit back and shut up. She was still kind in her personality, though.

There was still one seat open before Javier was to get started. He waited as the next person entered the room, and it surprised him.

The person that entered was an Itrean woman from the T'rintar clan. She was Yutilian when it came to her specific race. The Yutilians were the shortest of the three races as she was about four feet in height. She wore a green and black uniform that covered most of her frame. Javier was not entirely used to having the alien women around in meetings. She had long blue feathers that protruded from her head and arms. She appeared to be an older one due to her walking pattern and scale-like features. Her tail had a series of white feathers from the base tip. She also walked slower than most Yutilians that he had seen. She also had some form of walking metal cane to help keep her steady.

"Everyone, I want to invite a special guest for this meeting," Gray broke the silence. "This is Greater Adjunct Lij'Lara. She is visiting Aphadus and wanted to partake in this meeting.

There were nods in the room as Javier made a short sigh under his breath. He knew this was terrible times ahead. Having to tell Itrean history and having a high ranking Itrean official present was only inviting trouble and criticism. He had to bite his tongue and simply continue on. His heart pumped a little harder than it should as he kept himself calm.

"Hello, everyone, my name is Ensign Javier," he properly greeted. "I run part of the logistics department and coordinate the historical archives for Aphadus. This meeting is to ensure that all of you are well versed in the recent history of the Itrean Empire and clans."

"Excuse me...." Lij'Lara called out to him bluntly. "I expect you to be non-biased with history and tell it accurately."

Her English was surprisingly pleasant to Javier. She still had that French and Japanese accent blend that most Itreans had, but it wasn't that heavy. Apparently, the Itreans, in general, really found English and the human language easy to learn. It only took a month or two of learning before they could speak rather fluently. On the other hand, learning the Itrean language seemed daunting of a task for the people that he knew or at least heard. Regardless, her voice and tone were intense and demanding. It was partially intimidating even for a woman of her short stature. He had no idea who she indeed was and what her role consisted of.

"I can assure you Greater Adjunct, that I will do my best," Javier replied to her. "I made sure to do my part in the future relations between our people."

"And what exactly did you do? Have you actually done something to benefit our people?"

"I made sure to provide a historical composition and biography of our history to your ambassador. I believe her name is Ambassador Ifra."

There was a moment as she stopped to pause. Fleet Admiral Gray and even Anaya gave a short nod as they looked at the Yutilian woman. She seemed to back down a little bit.

"So it was you that provided that little history report to us," she said with some composure. "I had a chance to speak with Ambassador Ifra. She seemed to be happy with learning the history of Gabatrix and humanity. Hmmm....."

"Lij'Lara," Anaya called out to her. "May we please continue with this brief? You came under your full fruition. This meeting is to help provide some insight into your people. We have a schedule to keep, and we can't remain here all day."

The Greater Adjunct gave a series of quick nods as she relaxed and let Javier continue.

"Right...," Javier said. "We are here for this meeting to learn about the history of the Itrean clans and races," he focused his attention at Lij'Lara. "My sources include your databases."

The Yutilian said nothing.

Javier pressed the button on his tablet as the presentation began. The screen showed a flag of the Itrean Empire.

"According to T'rintar sources and the history of the Itrean Empire," Javier explained. "I have begun to use the history of Earth....ermm Itrea to help formulate a historical path of the Itrean people. Sadly much of the original history of your people is nonexistent. Through DNA and artifacts, we now get to learn about the Itreans in general."

The flag showed a four-fingered scale claw that drove in all directions. It was a green and red-colored flag with purple, orange, and pink dots in the center.

"The history of the Itreans is that of a nomadic people. Sometime about 66 million years ago, a devastating meteor struck the planet. We called them the dinosaurs since they were lizard and reptilian-like, and they were the dominant species on Itrea."

The screen depicted a massive overhead crater that was near the Mexican Peninsula.

"What you see is the Chicxulub Crater. It shows that sometime millions of years ago, a massive asteroid created a 150-kilometer wide impact area that would devastate the dinosaurs. This would result in a massive amount of deaths and help lead to the rise of mammals in the far future. What we do know, though, is that DNA does not lie. The Itreans and humans come from the same planet. We do know that not all the dinosaurs perished. Birds, alligators, crocodiles, sharks, and other creatures survived on our planet. Right now, historians with the recent discovery have started to formulate a new theory as to what happened to the Itrean race."

The screen changed as it showed the velociraptor. This small bird-like dinosaur stood at 2 meters in height. It had feathers that covered its arms and body. It also had a human height size comparison.

"This is the true velociraptor," Javier explained. These dinosaurs flourished during the time period until the meteor impact. "It is under our belief that the Yutilians have originated from this species."

"Do they have any scientific evidence to help fill in the gaps of the velociraptor evolution and the Yutilians of today?" asked Lij'Lara.

"With the exception of the DNA markers and the few artifacts, the answer would be no. Mars did its best to preserve bones of the dinosaurs during the evacuation of Earth. The problem is that there are no bones to help prove the Itreans existed."

One of the officers folded up his arms, almost displaying some boredom. Another chief petty officer began to yawn a little bit. Javier could already see that some of the personnel were not interested in this briefing. He would just keep going forward with the presentation as scheduled.

"However," Javier explained. "Just because there is little archeological evidence doesn't mean that the Itreans didn't exist. One of the biggest problems with a million-year lifespan is that things don't survive the tests of time very well. We are already seeing this happening now on Earth. For example...."

The screen changed as it depicted what looked like a city underwater. It was a picture of the Chinese city known as Beijing. All the buildings were underwater, with the thick orange soup of the Orange muck all around. The buildings were no longer what they appeared to be anymore.

"As you can see, within a several hundred-year time span, nature is reclaiming the old civilization that humanity established. Buildings, artifacts, and memories are slowly being eaten away. It is expected that within five thousand years, most of the knowledge of the former civilizations of Earth will be long gone. Within a hundred thousand years, nothing will be recognizable. Other things to consider are what was caused by the great meteor impact of 66 million years ago. This caused a massive shift in the climate and weather for the planet. This would result in large areas of land that would freeze and large areas of land to be accessible. As the poles freeze more and more water, the ocean levels drop dramatically. It is under my personal opinion that the Itreans went to the areas that were warmest and tried to survive. They continued to evolve until they formed sentience and grew smart enough to create their own civilizations. Once the ice age ended, the world began to flood the areas where their homes were swallowed up and reclaimed by the rising ocean waters."

"Of course, we were gone by then," Lij'Lara commented.

"Yes," Javier replied. "Sometime during the millions of years, the Itrean civilization struggled to survive on Itrea. Eventually, the surviving civilizations developed their own technology and developed the ability to fold space. Struggling to survive, the Itreans began to explore other systems and found better habitable planets than here. They decided that it was best to abandon Earth to find a better life. Similar to our situation, the humans and the Itreans eventually found better worlds."

Lij'Lara did her quick nods. Gray and Anaya both seemed to give some gestures that they were paying attention to.

The display changed as it showed the famed Equatis Wreck. The remains of the alien spaceship were shown to be ancient and were one of the most significant discoveries that humanity would ever find.

"We still have no idea if the Itreans were the ones that were responsible for creating the ship that was discovered on Mars," Javier explained. "Carbon dating does show the ship to be over a million years old. We already know the historical impact of the Equatis Wreck."