Gaia's Champion Ch. 15

Story Info
Surprises and unexpected fates!
13.6k words
4.76
13.8k
28
9

Part 15 of the 30 part series

Updated 03/31/2024
Created 01/22/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What? You're a fairy princess?!?" Sheena and Jason replied at the same time.

"Please don't bow or scrape or grovel! I don't need any of that!" Phalmina told them as she huffed, already regretting her decision to tell them who she was.

"As you say... your highness," Jason teased.

"Jason, do as the fairy asks," Sheena told him, rolling her eyes and smiling at the same time.

"What? It's not every day that you find out that you're banging a fairy princess," he replied with a shrug.

"I should slap you right now, but I won't because you make a good point," Sheena huffed, while Phalmina was torn between being offended or flattered. "I will admit that the thought of this is... kind of... hot!"

"Sounds to me you think the idea is one hell of a turn on," Jason smirked as he stood up.

"Maybe we should find out just how much it turns her on?" Phalmina asked sultrily.

"A... duuuh... maybe we talk about this... later?" Sheena stuttered.

"Aw, Jason, look, she's blushing!" Phalmina giggled.

"What if someone comes out looking for us? I mean, the idea sounds... interesting... but we have things to do," Sheena said in a rush.

"She's got a fair point there, Mina. Maybe we look into this later?" Jason wondered, following Sheena's lead.

"Fine," Phalmina grumped playfully. Chuckling, the trio cleaned themselves up and were headed on their way back to the glade. As they were walking along, a thought popped into Jason's head, which he gave voice to.

"Do you know what it is?"

"Do I know what what is?" Phalmina asked confusedly.

"The baby. Do you know what it is? Is it a boy or a girl?" Jason asked, curious about the child that was his.

"Oh! Yes, yes, I do know! It's a boy!" Phalmina replied cheerfully.

Hearing this, Jason kneeled in front of Phalmina and laid a kiss on her belly. The fairy couldn't help but tear up at this gesture, and even Sheena sighed happily at this. She was still a fair bit miffed at Phalmina having lied to Jason. But because the fairy race was dying, she found she couldn't fault the woman. Hell, she might have even done the same, if she was a fairy.

"You'll be a good father, Jason. I know it," Sheena said to him, placing a hand on his head.

"How do you know that?" he asked.

"I can tell these things. Why do you think I picked you as my boyfriend when we first met?" Sheena replied mischievously.

"Wait, you picked me because you were already sure that I'd be a good dad? How the fuck could you tell that?" Jason wondered.

"Language! In answer to your question, Shaman magic. It told me you were not only a good person but would also be a good father. Gaia's magic is never wrong," Sheena told him.

"She's got you there! It never is. It may seem like it's crazy at first, but the magic will never lead you astray. You just have to trust in it and trust Gaia," Phalmina stated.

"But you picked me because I'd be a good dad?"

"It wasn't the only reason, but yes. I also expect you to put a baby in me after your son is born," she told him with a sense in finality.

"Don't I get a say in this?" Jason asked.

"Nope. Are you going to complain about it, or enjoy the fact that two women, one fairy and one human, have agreed to share you?" Phalmina sassed. This reduced Jason down to splutters and he was tongue tied, unable to respond. He then sighed and resigned himself to what they said.

"Fine, you win. As usual," he grumped playfully.

"Aw, don't be so mad about it! Besides, I have something that I want to try that I'm sure you'll like," Phalmina told him as she leaned in close to Jason and whispered into his ear. His pout transformed into a smile as he turned and looked at his fairy lover. The smile he wore was one of both surprise and appreciation as she winked at him.

"Just what are you planning, Mina?" Sheena asked with a quirk of her eyebrow.

"You'll find out... eventually," Phalmina drawled.

Sheena stuck her tongue out at the fairy, and Phalmina reciprocated. Both women then giggled as they left, each one on Jason's arm as they walked back to the glade. The wolf pack found them around ten minutes later, trotting up to the trio. The wolves knew their friend had been... busy with the Druid and had given her the privacy and protection she had desired.

They arrived at the small crevasse after another ten minutes, walking right through the illusion. The Guardians eyed them all but did nothing, as they were all permitted to pass. Just as they walked into the glade, is when the portal stone flared, announcing the arrival of Xaera, Luke, Carlotta and Karla. Luke took a beat to get his bearings, his eyes wide with wonder and amazement.

"Holy shit, dude! I thought the cave was amazing, but this... I'm just... wow! This looks so much cooler than any fantasy game I've ever played!" Luke enthused.

"Ja! This is just... beyond anything I've ever dreamed!" Carlotta agreed. Her niece nodded dumbly, just as wide eyed as Luke was. Suddenly, Emalia and Daelina were flitting around the new arrival, launching waves of magic at them. Several runes appeared in the air, flaring into life for an instant before dissolving.

"What are you two doing?" Jason asked, a little worried for his friend.

"Just a little precaution. Checking for any hidden, malevolent magics," Emalia stated, before flitting down to the ground and enlarging to human size. Daelina followed suit, standing next to her friend, stretching out her limbs and wings.

"What the shit?!?" Luke yelped.

"Relax buddy, they won't hurt you. Anything else though, well, that's up for debate," Jason grinned as he saw the way Emalia was staring at Luke. He chuckled as he saw Karla thread an arm around his friend, almost like she was protecting him.

"Yeah, well, you're used to this shit! It's all still very new to me!" Luke groused.

"Fair enough. Anyway, welcome to our little slice of paradise," Jason said, welcoming his friend to the glade.

"Damn! Up here in the mountains, I didn't think anything like this was possible!" he replied.

"That's because of the magic of Gaia is strong here," Sheena told him as she walked up. "It's good to see you again, Luke."

"Sheena?!? Damn girl, it's been years!!! What the hell happened??" Luke wondered.

Karla gave Sheena the once over and decided that she didn't need to intervene. Unlike Emalia's intent, this was a reunion of good friends who were like brother and sister. Karla and Carlotta stepped off the stone and entered the glade, still taking in the ethereal beauty of this place. They looked about ready to drop to their knees in reverence, but Phalmina stopped them.

"I can tell that you two are seeing what you've always believed as the truth, brought to life. Unlike the other ways of belief, we require no worship here," the fairy woman told them.

"It isn't??" Carlotta questioned.

"No. Just faith and belief in Gaia and her way," Phalmina told them gently. "It has been too long since any true believers have been here."

"I do not doubt that!" Karla replied. "Oh, and before I forget. Jason, we have recovered everything from the mansion and our little... mess, has been tidied."

"Who do I thank for that?" the Druid asked her.

"That would be me, young man. I called in the group that would have handled Brad and his father. Since you helped me in dealing with that spot of trouble, I thought it fair to return the favor," Carlotta replied.

"Thank you for that! Where's Darren, by the way? He should be here!" Jason replied.

"We emptied the mansion of everything of value but were told that it was just one half of the repository of knowledge they had," Karla said to him.

"Where's the other half located?" Eva wondered, dropping into the conversation.

"In the church they were a part of. A secret room full of books and tomes of the more relevant information that would be of use to the Sons of Caesar," Karla replied.

"He went to the church?!? There is a service today! He could be caught!" Eva squawked.

"The Jaegers are with your son, madam. He is perfectly safe. He insisted that he and the Jaegers go alone to the church. Said it would look more like they were meeting for an early morning prayer or something," Carlotta told her.

"What happens when they are done?" Eva asked.

"They are to head on back to the job site with Darren, where I will instruct them further. I was just about to leave and go do that. Did you wish to come with me?" Carlotta offered.

"Yes, please!"

"I'm coming too!" Amy squeaked.

"You three will need some backup. I'm coming along as well," Jason stated.

"Us too!" Phalmina huffed, while slinging her arm around Sheena, who nodded in agreement.

"You'll need me to clear the stone," Xaera told them, and they agreed.

The seven of them stepped onto the stone, and Xaera took them through the stone. Seconds later, they arrived back in the underground cavern. They walked on through, using the luminous moss to guide them, along with Phalmina igniting her fairy lights. They soon found themselves at the exit, and Xaera hefted the rock to allow them through.

"I'll stay here, for when you all come back," the troll woman stated, and they all nodded.

The six of them trekked through the park, minding their own business as they moved along. No one else seemed to pay them any mind as they walked, for which they were grateful. Especially Sheena, who seemed nervous as her head and eyes darted this way and that.

"First time being back in the city?" Jason asked.

"Um, yeah! I haven't been around for years!" Sheena told him, still looking frightened.

"Yeah. A lot has changed, but you don't have to look so frightened," Jason soothed the woman.

"You said you got those bastards?" Sheena asked.

"The entire chapter, minus the Pope and his bodyguard, but they've probably skipped town by now. With their allies all dead now, they have nothing left in this city," Jason laughed.

"Come on. I'm sure you will wish to speak with the young man who helped us," Carlotta told Sheena.

"I would like to have a few words with him, just so I can see what side he's on," Phalmina stated.

"You can do that? See someone's true nature?" Sheena wondered with a tinge of awe in her voice.

"Oh Sheena, you have so much to learn! All Gaian creatures have that ability, especially Shaman and Druids," the fairy woman said in reply. "It's a matter of taking a deeper dive into the boy's soul and seeing if there's anything malicious that lies there."

"Knowing how corrupt and evil these Sons of Caesar were, I wouldn't put anything past them," Jason growled.

"I saw you remove the block from my son, but what else could there be?" Eva wondered.

"Knowing how controlling dad was, he might have been smart enough to put a failsafe in place. In case Darren broke away from his control," Amy stated grimly.

"That would sound like something he'd do," Eva agreed.

They arrived at the vehicles in the parking lot and split into Bruce's car and Carlotta's. Eva followed along behind Carlotta, letting the Danish woman lead the way to the job site. Eva could only hope that whatever had happened to her son, that there was nothing else wrong with him.

* * * * *

Darren stood by the coffee machine and waited for it to deposit its contents. Though the Jaegers moved with the trained posture of soldiers, they were kind men. They saw no need to tie him up, as he'd made no threatening moves or gestures. Darren saw no point in doing so, as these men were allies now.

Even if they weren't, Darren still wouldn't have tried anything, as he could tell they were well trained in their work. Men with training like theirs, you didn't dare aggravate or question. You just did as they asked and hoped they didn't find a reason to give you a hard time.

Darren looked back down at the machine, and saw that it had finished brewing him a strong coffee. He took the cup and started with adding cream and sugar as he liked, while some Jaegers eyed him. They'd kept a constant watch on him, as they'd been instructed and so far, had zero issues with him. A couple of them watched the windows as others grabbed coffees for themselves.

"Cars, one belonging to Carlotta," the leader said, getting the attention of the others. "Stand fast, I will speak with her."

The rest of the Jaegers nodded, holding their positions as the man stepped outside. They watched him greet Carlotta and Karla, as he was also introduced to the rest of the people who came with her. The man then waved a set of hand signals, showing that all was well. The Jaegers relaxed and resumed their watch, knowing that the people who came with Carlotta were no threat.

"Thank you for both your help and your discretion, Jan. I truly appreciate the help you've given us today. You and your men will be well paid for your services," Carlotta told him as they ambled up to the trailer.

"Tak, Carlotta. It was the least we could do, considering everything Hans has done for us," Jan told her.

"If you will but wait one moment, I will initiate the transfer of funds before you leave. I'm sure that Astrid and the girls will enjoy the nice vacation you have planned," Carlotta chuckled as she entered the trailer, heading for her office.

"Again, thank you, Carlotta!" Jan said with gratitude. Carlotta sat in her office for a few minutes while she booted up her computer. Once it was booted up, she began the process and after several more minutes, she confirmed the transfer. She then printed up the receipt and handed it to Jan.

"I trust this is sufficient?"

"More than sufficient. Tak," Jan replied, as he took the paper in hand, before bowing his head to Carlotta. "Jaegers, vi er færdige her." (Jaegers, we're done here.)

Hearing that command, the spec ops soldiers picked up what gear they had with them and walked out the door. Each one made a deferential nod to Carlotta, in thanks for their payment. They all piled into the rental truck they were using and were off to the airport. The only remnant of their passing was the used coffee cups and the memory of them having been there.

"So, now what do we do?" Eva asked, anxious to see what might lurk in her son.

"Now, Jason and I do our thing. I'm sorry Eva, but not only are you inexperienced, but you are also his mother. We can't take any risks of what the magic might do," Phalmina told her. Eva looked to be about ready to protest, but saw the reason and logic behind the fairy's reasoning and nodded in deference.

"What will you do?" Darren asked anxiously.

"We are going to do a proper deep dive into you and your soul. Though you wield Gaia's magic now, we need to be sure that there is nothing wrong," Phalmina told the boy.

"Will it hurt?" he asked fearfully.

"Only if there is something harmful to either you or us," Sheena assured him.

Steeling his resolve, Darren nodded to the fairy, the Druid and the Shaman. Jason, Sheena and Phalmina then embraced the power of Gaia, letting the magic flow through them. They put their focus on diving into the soul of the young man before them, so everything could be brought to light. Runes took shape out of the green energies that flowed from them both, swirling around the trio.

They then directed their magic into Darren, to bring everything that was within him, out. The whole thing was over in a matter of seconds, but for the boy, his mother and sister, it seemed like hours. The magic that was within Darren was brought to the surface, so they could see it. He saw it too and marveled at what he was witnessing, looking at his hands and arms in wonder, while Phalmina stared worriedly.

"That can't be good," Jason muttered, looking at Darren.

"What? What can't be good?" Darren asked.

"That!" Amy said, pointing.

Darren looked down at his chest where his sister was pointing, and his jaw fell open. On his chest was a small circle of runes, much like the ones they had encountered at the mansion. The only actual difference between these, and the ones they had found, was that the red glow of these was muted. Because of this, it was almost buried in an avalanche of green Gaian energy that surrounded him.

"What the fuck is that?" Eva glowered.

"That is something not too unlike what is done when bonding oneself to another through Gaia's power. The only difference, from what I can tell, is that they are runes of control, rather than mutual co-operation," Phalmina stated.

"Can you remove it?" Amy asked worriedly.

"The magic is potent, too strong for us to remove it. I can sense that if we were to try, it might kill him," Phalmina stated.

"Wasn't there that risk with me? With my Awakening?" Jason wondered.

"With you, it was different. The odds were more in your favor of surviving with your magic intact. Like a four out of five chance. With Darren here, attempting to remove these runes, he would have a one in ten chance of survival," Phalmina clarified.

"Is it hurting him?" Eva asked, concern welling in her eyes.

"Not right now, no. But if someone who knows how to work this magic sees it, then it can do more than just hurt him. They could control his mind outright. Much like what your husband was doing, but Darren would no longer be a willing participant. In this case, he would be a puppet, obeying his master," Phalmina told her.

"Oh, dear Gaia!!" Eva squeaked in alarm.

"But, that's not the worst part," Phalmina sighed heavily.

"What is the worst part?" Amy queried, fearful for her brother's wellbeing.

"The worst part is that these runes act as a seal of sorts. It helps contain most of his power, so as not to draw anything to him. If nothing is done about this, the seal will break and his magic will no longer be bound just to him. It will be ripe for the taking, for anyone or anything, such as spirits, to drain not only his magic, but his life force," Phalmina explained.

"Spirits?" Carlotta worried.

"Yes. There are many malevolent spirits and entities that would drain Darren of his life and magic, given half a chance. They would remove it from him until all that is left would be a lifeless husk," Phalmina stated.

"What the fuck?? Hold on, back up! Are you saying that ghosts and ghouls are real too?" Sheena asked, her face a mask of disbelief.

"Ever since the beginning of life and time, yes."

"Is there anything we can do for him?" Jason wondered.

"I thought you didn't like this little shit," Sheena jabbed at the man.

"Hey!" Darren replied, looking more than a little miffed.

"Acting a fool back in school like you did, little brother? You do kind of have the moniker of 'snide little shit' hanging over your head," Amy said to the man. Darren grunted before he reluctantly nodded in admittance.

"He and I still have some shit to work out, but being controlled like that? That's not a fate I would wish on my worst enemy," Jason clarified.

"Fair enough," Sheena replied with a smirk.

"In answer to your question, Jason, yes, there is something that can be done. I cannot remove the magic, but I can remold the runes in place, so they are beneficial to him, instead of being harmful or controlling," Phalmina replied.

"How can you do that with the magic that is there?" Sheena wondered, curious about how such things were possible.

"Mainly because the magic that is there now, is dormant, rather than active. Though it is corrupted, it is magic comes from Gaia, which can be molded and reshaped to the person's benefit. It will take additional power to make it work though," Phalmina explained.

"How much power?" Jason asked, thinking he already knew the answer.

"We will have to take Darren back to the glade. It's the only place that it will work, as it is one of the few places where Gaia's magic and presence is strongest," Phalmina stated.

"Figured as much. So, we head on back to the glade right now then?" Sheena queried.