Gaia's Champion Ch. 17

Story Info
Old ghosts, back to haunt the living...
13.4k words
4.78
9.1k
18
9

Part 17 of the 30 part series

Updated 03/31/2024
Created 01/22/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Darren woke up in his home, blinking against the bright sunlight that streamed in his window. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and took a deep breath, enjoying the feeling of contentment that coursed through him. He stretched out his arms, feeling his arms cricking and cracking as he woke. Lying next to him was his lover, mate and future wife, Daelina.

The fairy woman was still asleep, but she needed her rest, given with how active she was the night before. Daelina had been voracious in her needs being met, turning into a complete and utter succubus. Darren would have thought that a terrible thing before he'd learned the truth. Now though, he was fine with it and given how his future wife was in meeting his needs; it put an enormous smile on his face.

He leaned down and kissed her cheek, making her stir slightly, before he kissed her lips. Daelina moaned at the touch of Darren's lips on hers, making her moan happily. Her eyes fluttered open, and she kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his naked torso. Using his own arms, Darren helped her up as they continued their kiss, drawing her close to him.

"Good morning, love," she breathed.

"Good morning, dearest," Darren replied.

"Someone is glad to see me!" she giggled, looking down at his crotch. Darren's gaze followed hers and he saw he was sporting a magnificent erection. He then winced slightly before he chuckled to himself.

"I think I'm going to need a few hours, before I'm ready for more. Besides, I'm sure you're hungry right about now," he told her.

"Guilty as charged," she pouted, hating that he was right.

Daelina was likely as sore as he was, but she could have gone for some nookie right then. Her stomach then betrayed her, making its discomfort known. She would have shushed it, but her stomach was also part of the reason she was eating so much now. At least, the new life that had taken up residence in her belly needed the food more. Still, she was all smiley and giggly from the night before and didn't mind mornings like this.

"Snuggles before breakfast?" she asked, putting on her cutest pout.

"Always," Darren replied, drawing her into him.

Much of what Daelina had experienced in the last month had been new and exciting. Apparently, what she was experiencing was what happened when you were in love with someone. Darren had been the first man that she'd ever experienced an actual connection with, even from before she'd embraced the Long Sleep. She'd had dalliances and even regular lovers, but nothing like this.

She sighed, thinking to herself that she'd just been in the wrong place, or the wrong time. Whatever the circumstance or whatever Gaia's plan was, she was happy that it had come to pass. There was no way she would let anything, or anyone, get in between them, for whatever reason. What she felt for this man was far too good and real to think about giving him up.

"Mmmm! Bacon!" Darren groaned as he took a deep breath. Daelina took a whiff and smelled the delicious breakfast meat on the air.

"I smell pancakes too!" she moaned, tossing aside the covers and hopping out of bed.

"Um, Lina?" Darren called out gently.

"What?"

Her eyes fixed on her mate and saw what was dangling from his fingertips. Daelina then huffed in annoyance and walked to him, taking the nightie out of his hands. She donned the flimsy garment and a pair of panties too, opting for the thong that went with it. She wasn't a big fan of clothes, but knew that while in this house, a sense of modesty was expected.

Darren slid out from beneath the covers and tossed on a pair of boxers and a T-shirt, before following her downstairs. The smell got stronger as they descended, and Darren smelled something else on the air. He growled happily as he could smell the tang of coffee in the air and was eager to get himself a cup or two.

The couple walked into the kitchen and were greeted by the sight of Eva puttering around the kitchen. Amy was helping her mother out, as Elizabeth sat at the breakfast bar, enjoying a mug of java.

"Was wondering when you two lovebirds would get out of bed," Amy grinned, teasing the pair.

"Coffee?" Darren asked tiredly.

"Just there," she said, jerking her thumb at the coffee pot. "Took you long enough. What happened, Lina? Had to drain his balls again this morning?"

"There was no need, really. Daelina drained me dry last night, and we both slept like babies," Darren fired back without missing a beat. Amy's jaw hit the ground while Daelina blushed a beet red and Elizabeth was giggling into her coffee. Even Eva couldn't help but crack a smile at this jab and minded the pancakes, so they didn't burn.

"You kind of had that one coming," Elizabeth giggled as she set her coffee down.

"Mmm-hmm! Ah, young love!" Eva gushed.

"Can't fault a woman for fulfilling her needs, now can you?" Daelina pouted as innocently as she could manage.

"Not at all! Go as crazy as you like, as long as you do nothing to lose my grandbaby," Eva stated.

"That won't happen," Daelina replied.

"Fairies don't miscarry?" Eva wondered.

"Nope. Fairy magic ensures that once I conceive a baby, that they hold fast and are born as they should be," Daelina informed the woman.

"Ah! So, I'm guessing that there will be many such babies in the future?" Eva asked, hopeful.

"Whoa, slow down there, mom! It's enough that Darren's going to be a father twice, much less expected to have more children than he can handle!" Amy replied, cautioning their mother.

"Wait, Darren will be a father twice?" Eva asked.

"Um..." Amy replied, flushing that she'd given away the secret.

"Daelina is carrying twins," Darren replied, exasperated at his sister.

"Twins? Boys? Girls?" Eva queried excitedly.

"A boy and a girl," Daelina replied, waving a hand over her belly, revealing the purple energy emanating from her womb. Eva was speechless and almost dropped the spatula she was holding. Elizabeth cursed and rushed out, grabbing the spatula and moving to mind the pancakes.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" Eva replied, before Elizabeth shushed her.

"Go sit down with your son and future daughter-in-law," Elizabeth told her.

Nodding almost dumbly, Eva did just that, joining them at the breakfast bar. The older woman then looked at Daelina, an unspoken question on her face. The fairy nodded and Eva put her hand to Daelina's belly. Eva was giggling, almost like she was experiencing the miracle of life for the first time.

"Amazing, isn't it? Knowing that you're carrying a tiny life inside you right now?" Eva asked.

"It is! This was something that I had dreamed of, but never dared hope for!" Daelina replied, looking all giddy. Everyone was smiling as Elizabeth finished the pancakes and fished the bacon out of the oven. She had doled out plates when Eva's head whipped to the direction of the front door.

"Ugh! Not again!" the woman grumbled as she stood up. Daelina, Darren and Amy sensed it as well, following right behind her.

"What is it?" Elizabeth asked, bewildered at the sudden change in attitude.

"It's them," Amy replied.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes and made sure everything was off before joining her friends at the front door. The moment the house, which was in Wayne's name, was released to Eva as his widow, many changes had happened. The first of which was finding and dispersing any malevolent magic, of which there was little. After that, they placed a spell of protection, an exact replicate of the one that was over Elizabeth's home.

The spell would keep out anyone who possessed any level of malevolent magic or was enchanted with it. Considering the enemies they had most assuredly made, they required such protection. Sadly, that didn't mean that other types of beings couldn't pass through. In this case misguided humans, who thought they were doing the right thing. More specifically, the congregation from the Marston family's old church.

"I swear, they're like clockwork!" Amy growled as she stood behind her mother. Seconds after she said that, Eva opened the door and faced a woman who had her hand raised, as though she was just about to knock.

"Hello, Cheryl. Funny seeing you here, on a Sunday of all days!" Eva said with a smile, but her voice dripped sarcasm.

"Good morning, Eva. Peace be with you," Cheryl stated, bowing her head slightly. Eva didn't return the comment, which she could tell irritated her to no end.

"Say your piece and be done with it, Cheryl. I'm in no mood for games today," Eva snapped.

"Very well. We need you to return to the church. The elders have questions about what happened," Cheryl stated.

"And I gave my answers. To the police. If you have any doubts about what happened, take it up with them," Eva replied coolly.

"We have spoken to the police, but something doesn't add up. What happened to everyone? Why did this happen? Those are answers that only you know," Cheryl accused.

"I've told you once, I've told you at least a dozen times, I don't know anything. You're deluded to think I know anything about what happened to your husband," Eva growled.

"He wouldn't just die like this! Everything he built is in danger of collapsing!" Cheryl pleaded.

"Isn't that on you to figure out then? Like I've told you, I know nothing and we're not coming back to the church. We're done!" Eva told her, not budging an inch.

"What about Darren? If we could have a word with him, I'm sure you might reconsider," Cheryl said slyly.

"Oh? How would you get me to convince my mother to reconsider coming back to that cesspool you call a church?" Darren scoffed, stepping out next to Eva.

"Darren! So good to see you! Peace be with you!" Cheryl said excitedly. A good measure of that excitement died when she didn't hear his forthcoming reply.

"Aside from ceaselessly questioning my mother, why are you here?" Darren asked, looking cross.

"We are here to show you what waits for you," Cheryl replied sweetly.

She then moved aside slightly, and behind her stood several youthful women. Each one was from the church he used to go to, and they were dressed prettily as well. It appeared as though these ladies were there to entice him back, but Darren knew where his heart lay. He turned to face Daelina, who was out of sight, and he crooked his finger to her.

Grinning like an idiot, Daelina tucked her wings away, then walked on up to Darren. He wrapped his arms around her, drawing her into him as he kissed his fairy love. She moaned into the kiss, pressing her body against him. Darren reciprocated the move and his hand moved beneath her nightie, gripping her bare ass cheek in full view of Cheryl and the young women.

The couple finished their kiss and turned to look at their observers. Everyone in the house was snickering at the public display of affection. Cheryl nearly glared at Daelina, but only because she was far more beautiful than any of the women behind her. The women seemed to understand this as some of them wore looks of jealousy or horror. They could scarcely believe that a woman so beautiful existed, much less was into Darren.

"No thanks. I'm good," Darren replied as he kissed Daelina's neck, causing the woman to squeak in delight.

"Well, it seems you have your answer, Cheryl. Good day," Eva replied, before slamming the door in her face.

"Nicely done, Darren! I didn't think you had that level of boldness in you!" Amy told him, ruffling her little brother's hair.

"I had to say and do something to make that bitch leave. I'm just glad that my future wife isn't shy around people," Darren grinned.

"It's a fairy's nature to be... I think the word you would use is... brazen?" Daelina asked.

"That is a very appropriate word I would say. I can't lie. It felt good to see the look of horror on Cheryl's face!" Eva giggled, sitting down to dig into her pancakes.

"The looks on all those other girls' faces was also something to see! You weren't bare, were you Lina?" Amy wondered.

"No, I wasn't. Though it annoys me, I find some human garments to be... fun to wear," Daelina giggled.

"And that it drives my brother wild is no nevermind to you," Amy chuckled in between bites of bacon.

"I think it does. Just look at how red he is," Elizabeth laughed.

Darren was blushing, but he didn't mind the teasing. At least, not anymore. He knew it was all in good fun. If this past month had taught him anything, it was that Elizabeth and Amy meant well. They were thrilled for him, especially Amy and his mom. For the first time as far as he could remember, Darren was now truly glad to be where was.

******************************

A 2007 cobalt Chevy Impala raced down the disused road, kicking up dead leaves and dust in its wake. Sheena was driving, as it was her car. Jason could have driven, but Sheena was very particular when it came to her wheels. That and she was a horrible side seat driver. She was glad that she'd had the car stored, rather than abandoning it, which made getting around now much easier.

Jason sat in the passenger seat, while Phalmina sat in the back. They were all drinking coffees and munching on breakfast sandwiches from Tim Hortons. Phalmina had taken quite a shine to Boston Cream donuts, having downed four of the five they'd bought. Sheena was giggling softly, knowing exactly what Phalmina was going through.

Having been away from civilization for so long, Sheena missed many of the conveniences and perks she had. Many things she'd taken for granted, like running water, hot baths and showers, even fast food were novelties again. Proper haircare products were also a tremendous relief for the woman. She'd only braided her hair like as she had because it was the best way to look after it.

Now that Sheena was in civilization again, she'd relaxed and straightened it, making it easier to manage now. Her back also felt much better, and she didn't feel as hungry. There was much she had missed and now, hopefully, she wouldn't have to miss it again. She glanced over at Jason and smiled, happy to be a part of his life again.

Sure, Sheena had to share him with Phalmina, but she honestly didn't mind. The fairy was upbeat and almost always pleasant to talk to. She had so many quirks about her, that she almost reminded the Shaman of how Jason used to be. The one thing about Phalmina that was adorable was her constant curiosity about how humans had changed.

She was innately curious about what had changed and how attitudes differed from the last time she was among humans. The thing that fascinated the fairy most was technology. All the things that could be done with tech was endless, which is what drew the fairy in.

The things she loved most about technology was TV, video games, and Netflix. Having such entertainment at their fingertips was something that was unheard of before. Sheena had to admit that she, too, missed binge watching shows on the weekends and gaming days with Jason. Though she loved the wild, the city and the life it offered was too much to be just cast aside.

"I think we're coming up on the property," Sheena told her passengers.

"All right," Jason said, embracing Gaia's magic, with Phalmina just a few seconds behind him.

Sheena slowed down and turned into the driveway, headed straight to the place. There was no gate, but there had been a long time ago, as there were two stone pillars on either side of them. Once they passed the pillars, a sense of serenity washed over the trio, taking them by surprise.

"Did you ladies feel that?" Jason asked.

"Damn straight I did! What was that?" Phalmina asked, recognizing the energy, but having trouble placing it.

"I think... it is protections that were put in place by Shaman," Sheena told them, the energy more than familiar to her.

"I would be inclined to agree. It had the mark of magic wielded by humans. Feels like it's been here a while," Jason commented.

"Yeah. Excellent idea for Carlotta to send us here to look this place over," Sheena stated, as she pulled up to the house.

The house itself was old, easily pre-twentieth century, going by the style of it. It was a three-story house, which had taken some Victorian influence in its construction. The front door was still intact, which was amazing, considering the age of the place. The trio stepped out of the car and stretched, more than a little cramped from their ride.

"Ah! This sure beats flying here the whole way!" Phalmina mumbled, as her wings popped out of her back. They tinkled slightly as she flexed and stretched them, happy to let them out to breathe.

"That it does! Let's have a look inside, shall we?" Jason asked, jingling a set of keys in his hand.

He walked up and unlocked the front door, walking inside. The interior of the home was in reasonably good shape, given its age. The house itself had many windows, most of which were broken or gone, and several holes in the roof. The wallpaper was peeling and much of it had yellowed with time. Despite the obvious repairs, there had been little structural damage.

"This place has some nice bones!" Jason commented.

"It does! Wouldn't mind taking this off Carlotta's hands, if she was inclined to sell it," Sheena agreed, smiling at the layout of the kitchen.

"Well, we should search the place and see if there's anything here," Phalmina reminded them, and Jason and Sheena agreed.

They moved around through the house, Jason taking the basement, while Phalmina took the second floor. Sheena searched through the main floor, looking in every cupboard and closet she could find. Sensing nothing, Sheena walked outside, thinking whatever they were sent to investigate might be outside the house. She stepped out into the sunlight and felt nothing but serenity as she meandered out in the backyard.

She walked out past the edge of the property and immediately sensed something. It wasn't the corrupted magic that the Sons of Caesar used. No, this was something far darker and corrupted to the core. Just sensing it gave Sheena shivers, and she called out for her friends.

"Sheena? What is it?" Jason called, running from the back door.

"Come stand with me and you'll know," she told him. Jason did just that and cringed the moment he was next to her.

"What... what is that?!?" he exclaimed.

"I know what it is," Phalmina told them, coming to stand on Jason's left. "It's Dark Magic."

"Dark Magic? Such a thing exists?" Jason wondered.

"Yes. I've tried to find out what its source is, but I have had little success. The last time I sensed this kind of magic anywhere, it was during... the war," Phalmina explained.

"Do you know if the seller was happy to be rid of this place?" Sheena asked.

"It's funny you mention that. The seller was more than happy to part with this place and the land surrounding it. Carlotta told me how she paid only three hundred thousand for the house and the one-hundred and fifty acres surrounding it," Jason explained.

"Damn! That is one hell of a steal!" Sheena exclaimed. "Do you know who the seller was?"

"No idea. They had a white sounding name... I think. Jones was the last name of the seller," Jason informed her.

"Hmm. Might have to do a background check, because if there's magic protecting the house, there's a reason for it. We should back away and stay put here, until we know what we're dealing with," Sheena suggested.

"I don't think so. We should at least investigate this area a little, so we have some idea of what's out there," Jason replied in disagreement.

"Are you crazy? Mina just said that this is Dark Magic. Dark fucking Magic! We don't know what it's capable of or what we'd be up against out there!" Sheena argued.

"But we can't just wait for whatever is in there to come to us. It might be hiding in there for a reason," Jason fired back.

"OK, enough you two! You both have good arguments, so we'll strike a compromise. We will go into the forest to see what might be there, but only so far. Once we get to a point where the Dark Magic has considerable strength, then we turn back to the house," Phalmina told them.