Game of Life Ch. 03-04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The hint was there, in her tone of voice, but without being too specific.

"You didn't ... did you?"

"Now that would be telling, wouldn't it!" She grinned back at me.

"But you told me earlier that there was a difference between you. You even told me you'd let me in on the secret. Surely one of your boyfriends would have noticed."

"There's only one difference between Elizabeth and I, and only you will ever know it. Liz would never do this!" Anna pushed me back onto the bed and began to attack the belt of my trousers. "Liz and I have a golden rule, never mix business with pleasure, nothing ever good comes of it in the long term, so I'm sure she'd never do this with you."

I kind-a lost track of what was said after that. Except for a good few "Oh Yeah's" and that kind of thing from Anna.

The following evening was fun for everyone; Liz and Anna wore their identical dresses and for the whole evening never let on to anyone which was which. Later in the evening someone produced a flower that one of them put in her hair and a sort of sweepstake was run at a pound a time to guess which was which; the cash being destined for charity.

Personally I had a little trouble telling them apart until I got one of them on the dance floor alone. I don't think she or anyone else had realised that Liz had got into the habit of calling me boss when we talked together privately. And after a little quiet conversation on that dance floor the one with the flower — as I was sure she would — called me boss whilst discussing some innocuous point or the other.

At midnight we had the count up and Liz took her bow amid much laughter by everyone who had been fooled. Look Anna had done very well considering she hardy knew a soul and Liz worked with a lot of the people there. Mind you, I should imagine that Liz had battled hard in not calling anyone by name — except me — all evening.

That was the last night Anna and I spent in bed together on that trip of hers to the UK. Although we were to get together again on her subsequent visits. I began to look forward to them very quickly.

End of Chapter 04

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
11 Comments
Martyr2002Martyr2002over 1 year ago

Sorry Boss, but she shit the bed, and now she can lie in it. People take sides, it’s our nature. We are tribal creatures and she has violated the rules by which her tribe agreed to live.

She chose to break the rules. She can live with the consequences

DGHear2DGHear2over 2 years ago

Loving the story. Can't wait to read the next chapter.

DG Hear

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Not sure I understand StormKing33's comment

Husband seems like a good bloke.

How he is wimpy and a cuckold I am not understanding.

Decent story, though I am wondering just where it is going. This particular chapter seemed to be designed to just build up our approval rating for the hero. Nothing more.

So, not entirely sure why we needed it...

StormKing33StormKing33almost 5 years ago
2* Reallly?

Such sweet, spineless husband...wimpy cuck. Are there any real men in Europe?

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
BIRTH TO DEATH?

Does that mean we are dying from the minute we are born? Much too complicated for this country boy, course so's this story. I used to ride a 1958 650CC BSA when I was young and the parts were always falling off. Until I safety wired every nut and bolt on the bike. I think your hero needed a little safety wire. I'v been giving it a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
nope, sorry

im giving this a 25 bc its complete bs that jim wants everyone to treat her as if nothing happened. the the excuse "what happens between your mother and me doesnt involve you" is also bs! parents for as long as anyone can remember have used the line "im your father/mother, your life is my business", well the same goes for the kids to the parents. and yes, they prob shouldnt or i should say, they prob wont love her as much bc she broke up two marriages, basically screwing up what everyone thought was a great family. you cant fault them for hating or at least holding a grudge. especially kids who are on the cusp of adulthood, breaking up a family is not something you can say "shit happens, lets move on". while some people could and would move on/be forgiving, its equally important to point out how many people would not/could not be forgiving. and no, im not bitter or an ahole, im a realist who hates hypocritical bs.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 15 years ago
chapter 4: smoke, mirrors and this hot twins too!

Phew… just when I was ready to despair and give up on it all, it looks like the story is peaking steam! It looks like your forte is in the thriller department. Personally I have no question about it. Although there could have been so many possibilities for double crossing, misunderstandings and endless romantic possibilities, you laid down the ground work for any possibility in the upcoming chapters. The break from the fake saint persona of the ex hubby and the pseudo victim wife could not have come a moment too soon…

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 15 years ago
Chapter 3 : Very disappointing

In chapter two I was hoping that the annoyance of the medical emergency cliché was just a blip on the otherwise enjoyable and compelling story. Alas! It was not meant to be! In chapter three, the blip seems to have spread and taken almost the whole chapter. Only Now, former regular guy - ex husband from previous chapters have somehow morphed into a miracle worker/holy man who goes around preaching virtue to all the sinners around him. According to this new scripture Vivian is merely the vulnerable victim of the thoughtlessness and disproportionate cruelty of her whole family! If I have reached the altitudes of this noble mind, it seems that just because his ex-wife destroyed four families (her own, her sister’s Stacy, her other sister’s and her parents’, there is no reason in the world she should not be treated with the utmost respect and as far as her children go - with the same love and devotion they would hold towards him. In a separate sermon, the nosy preacher, I mean - ex husband, leads a separate sermon to his shocked ex parents- in law. Fortunately, we do not become privy to all the details of the sermon. Suffice it to say that he gave them a lesson or two on how to be much more loving towards their sluttish daughters (in his words: “accidents can happen”!!! …) <P>

Frankly, I was scratching my head as I was witnessing the inexplicable sharp decline of what seemed to be at the start a very promising story – going down to the dumps. <P>

I mean, it’s like seeing your good smart and savvy best friend turning out to be some preachy, self righteous and ‘know it all’ who sees it fit to preach morals to every one around him – especially to those who have been badly hurt by those who they trusted most…(usually I call those types A.H hypocrites and jerks respectively …).<P>

Come on! In what universe do children stay aloof and neutral when parents get divorced? In what universe do teen and pre teen say: Yes sir, thanks for the lesson, and: “You are the boss”, from now on we shall treat our slut mother lovingly because you told us to do so (and the brief review on human mortality). At best, you may reach a point where people may grudgingly acknowledge having ambivalent feelings towards the parent who have broken their family. Amicable relations? In this kind of a scenario? Come on! To use the memorable words of your designated “victim”, Ms. Vivian: “stupid I might be, but daft I'm not”…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Different and I'm enjoying it

just because the outlooks are so different than the normal story we read here. Oh, I even like it that the sex is referred to and not described in exhaustive detail. Makes us concentrate more on the personality and not the body.

Looking forward to the next chapters.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Great Story

Speaking for the immoral minority, this is a lot of fun and a perfect early morning dish. The only thing that put me slightly off stride was the remark that he was old enough to be her father.....

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Good Enough for the Goose... Stealing an accountant's wife can be dangerous.in Loving Wives
Let Go CEO wife fires husband. What follows is the aftermath.in Loving Wives
C'est La Vie A divorced man sneaks into his estranged daughter's wedding.in Loving Wives
Fortune Gold does not always glitter.in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
More Stories